Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Dark Chocolate Eclairs

Started by visualspice, November 11, 2013, 12:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Leif, barely seeming to be phased by Fiona's presence, merely tensed and looked away. He'd rather not deal with anyone, but when the conversation returned, he frowned and tapped some cigar ash aside and said..
"I know.."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

"So, what are you going to do?"  He mulled the topic over.  "Are our wives acquainted?  She could come to visit, perhaps..."  Nera would look out for her.  She was tough and a bit adventurous...  She could, by and large, look after herself, so if Leif's wife came to visit, the pair could go do girl things...

Like shopping!

visualspice

Leif made a face. "And have her figure me out? She knows we are not friends, Audric," he said bitterly. "If she sees us together, the next time, what? She'll see my mask?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

And that would probably be a disaster for both of them...

He frowned as he turned it over thoughtfully.

"What is it you think is going to happen to her, Arrant?  Do you think there's someone who would hurt her?"

If he knew more details, maybe he could help!

visualspice

Leif shifted uncomfortably.
"They would if they knew I was the masked mordecai.." he whispered, staring shamefully at the ground. "If I were ever caught..."
They'd both hang..

Ivory

(OOC: *impatient wiggles!*)

"That's a reason for you to stay inside, not her."  Obviously!  "You've got good reason to hang it up, Cai.  I wouldn't blame you for that."  He doubted anyone could...  "What good is saving the world if you lose everyone you love in the process?"

visualspice

"Yes.. but it's not quite as easy as that..." Leif muttered, shifting comfortably against the garden wall. And he turned to Audric as if he were about to tell him some massive fact, but then said nothing and turned away, and took a quick drag from his cigar instead.

Ivory

"It never is, is it?" Audric answered with a uncharacteristically serious expression.  "I have a meeting set with Calent tomorrow to tell him what we saw.  I've been trying to think of the best way to explain it, but..."  A corner of his mouth quirked upwards in a slight grin.  "Somebody burned the evidence."

visualspice

"You mean the burning scared them away.." Leif muttered as he looked away. "God damn bastards.." he said, his hand shaking so hard, he dropped his cigar. Sighing, he just stared at it from where it was sifting smoke in the grass before bending over and picking it up.
"So what do you think to accomplish by letting the Grand Duke know what we saw? And how would you explain it? Tell him you're the shrouded swordsman, and I, the masked mordecai?"

Ivory

Audric laughed at that suggestion, as always, full of good humor.  "Believe it or not, there was a time I had dirt on everyone in Connlaoth.  I still have a few spies tucked away here and there, Arrant, and I'll just pretend I heard it from one of them."

He paused, then, and had to ask, "You're not already drunk are you?"  He indicated the cigar.  "Seems terribly unlike you."

visualspice

Leif placed a hand over his face, as if he might very well be ill.
"I had a few.. but that's not what ails me.. God be damned.." and he turned to punch at the wall, knowing full well it'd hurt like hell before he turned towards it, pressing his forehead to the stone and whispered, "Audric, there is so much tormenting me right now I wish I had a pistol to shoot it right out of me. I feel as if I'm going mad.. So many secrets, so many lies... and all to protect myself and my wife's secret..."

Ivory

"Maybe you should be," Audric corrected himself, looking over at his friendly worriedly.  He wouldn't ask him to divulge those secrets -- that was not the way this friendship worked -- but he said instead, "Why don't we get out of here, Cai?  I don't think you're in any shape for this tonight..."

visualspice

"No, no," he shook off the thought. "I got into a big argument with Valentina. She'd hate me even more if I were to go."

Ivory

"Maybe the two of you should get out of here together?" Audric suggested after a moment's thought.  "Spend some time with her alone.  Take her out and talk to her.  See if you can't work out a compromise.  And, for Angsar's sake, start with an apology and by telling her she was right.  Women are impossible to talk to if they're defensive."

He put a hand on his friend's shoulder, trying to be of some comfort.

"You need to work this out with her."

visualspice

Leif frowned.
"It's not that easy, Audric I... I.. suppose you're right but.. but you don't understand."
And here he lowered his gaze and muttered, "Her and Attie have a lot more in common than you know..."

Ivory

Audric fixed a stern look on his friend.  "You've been beating around the bush all night.  Either spill the beans, or fix the problem."

Apparently, he was going to have to give him some tough love!

visualspice

Leif cringed.
"Audric.." he hesitated then peered up at him, his face pale. "My wife's a mage."

Ivory

"Oh!"  Audric exclaimed staring.  His eyes moved downwards, then, and he repeated more softly, "Oh."

Well, that was bad, then, wasn't it...

His hand squeezed his shoulder, and then he smiled bravely.  "You need to work it out with her."

visualspice

"I'm aware of it but... she has no idea how much danger she could be in if she were found out. If I were found out." he shook his head. "And I don't know which is worse. Having her hang because I'm the masked mordecai, or have her taken away to be tortured cause she's a mage."
ANd then he sighed and added gloomily, "and she has no idea I know she can cast magic.. either.."

Ivory

"Sweet Angsar," Audric murmured, "You've really got yourself in a pickle."

(OOC: And now...  We stop for Valentina!)