Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Triple Chocolate Cake

Started by zozee9, November 11, 2013, 02:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zozee9

Illi jumped in her seat when Davishire called her name. She wasn't expecting him to actually follow her! She glanced around frantically for a few seconds before deciding to fold up the page that she had written on. After all, there was no other way to hide the words seeing as she had neither a purse nor pockets to stuff her writing into.

Once the original fright had passed, Illi looked over at Davishire and let out a small gasp. "Wait, you called me Illi!" she exclaimed exuberantly. Miss Illi was acceptable—now she no longer sounded like a copy of her mother. Standing up with a little hop, she walked over until she was just a few feet in front of her companion. Then she did another curtsy (this one much more energetic that her parting one had been) and smiled wholeheartedly.

"Your apology has been accepted!" she declared. "Ah, wait, but you haven't apologized! Oh well, it doesn't matter. I forgive you anyway." She giggled before seriously adding, "I shall apologize again myself, however. My words were out of place. But I'm feeling better now so I reckon no more slips will be had."
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

visualspice

At first, Davishire countenance seemed indifferent as Illi was taken off guard by his arrival, but at her second reaction, to catch him calling her name, he fumbled a bit in his mannerisms but set his jaw, in spite of his blush.
"Yes, was that not what you wished me to call you?" he said in rebuff, and it almost appeared as if he sighed in indignation, except no huff came from his lips. And he took this time now to glance upon her as she curtsied, and out of habit, he nodded back to her, though it was out of politeness. And then as she went on, he grew a bit sheepish and nodded.
"But I had come for an apology, and it is with relief that you should accept, and so quickly," and at that comment, he actually managed a toothy smile. "But not an apology from you, Miss Illi, though for my own behavior. I am not the best at entertaining the fairer sex." and he bowed his head again, more deeply, to show his sincerity at his notion.
"Are you quite alright?" she had seen quite upset when she had left him, and now to find her writing, he had to wonder, had she been writing about him?
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

zozee9

Illi tilted her head and looked at Davishire suspiciously. "Were you so appalled by my exit that you downed five wine bottles in a row? Or perhaps the grumpy Davishire that I met less than an hour ago has been replaced by a much more charming twin? You seem so much happier now. Which, I must say, makes you automatically better at that entertaining the fairer sex thing."

She turned and started slowly pacing the floor, now having too much energy to stand still. "I am quite alright, though. Writing always fixes my mood." Well, that actually depended on what she was writing about. But she didn't dare say that, in case that provoked him to ask her about the words she had been scribbling down when he entered. In fact, she realized that maybe she already provided an opportunity for that. So to divert that possibility, she quickly asked, "Do you write?"
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

visualspice

Davishire's blush held- no thanks to Illi, and he found no words of retort at first.
"I suppose, though I thought it was no surprise that I am not a fan of such affairs. Balls and dancing had never been such a thing I had ever looked.forward to, though I suppose the lack of good company.can be blamed."
And then at her statement of writing, he.grew rigid and held up his chin.
"I have been known to pen a few words. I do spend a great deal of time in Uthlyn, that of which dictates the research papers I might be found working on, for in my free time I have some tastes and interests in history and antiquities." And then as he studied Illi he inquired, "Are there subjects in which you like to write most?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

zozee9

"Families, usually," she responded while stopping to look at him straight in the eyes. "Sometimes perfect ones, sometimes ones that are being torn apart. But normally I write the relationships between fathers and their kids as they both grow up."

She started pacing again as she added, "I would much rather write about romance, but I have found that I cannot write what I cannot truly imagine—and love is something that seems to keep slipping through my fingers."

"And how about you," she asked curiously before quickly realizing that it might have come out as if she was asking him about his love life. "That is, do you write things other than research papers? They can be quite interesting, but they also tend to be a bit... drab. Does anything spark that imagination of yours to grab a quill and simply write?"

visualspice

Davishire blinked as he stared at Illi, but simply responded, "I keep a journal if that's what you mean." And as he studied her, he had to wonder what sort of love she tried to have before, and inwardly chastised himself as he contemplated if he were already growing jealous over facts he knew not. Though that idea was absurd, he was still curious, but not nosy enough to inquire as he stared at her, keeping as proper and plain as he could.

zozee9

That was not at all what Illi meant, but she let it pass without comment. A few moments of silence passed between them (which was much longer than she, being the talkative type, would have preferred) before she inquisitively asked, "So how do you pass your time? Just journalling and researching and being a lord or do you have other hobbies to keep you busy?"

She looked up at Davishire and frowned, once again noticing their height difference. He made her feel so short. Turning around, Illi stopped pacing randomly and instead headed back towards the couch.

visualspice

Davishire relaxed only slightly when Illie moved away, and at her question, he stared at her and went quiet himself.
"I'm involved with a lot of recreational activities. I do enjoy riding and I have an extensive collection of guns. I enjoy hunting and travel, and normally, whenever I get the chance, which is rare, I do enjoy a good adventurous outing seeking antiquities or even preserving some ancient literature. THough I can't claim much on the hobby, and with the war, I hardly have the time, I assure you, with my family, though it's not as great in size as your own, keeps me busy enough at my estate. With my father long passed, I am the Lord of the manner, and to keep both my younger siblings in line can be quite the chore." And at their mention, his demeanor changed to something more of agitation as he shifted uncomfortably from where he stood.

"What about you, Miss Illi? Do you do more than just read, write and kill mythical wolves?"

zozee9

Illi, now standing in front of the couch, turned at looked at Davishire with a wide grin on her face. "Are you just going to stand there? Come here!" she demanded, motioning him towards her.

With a lighthearted laugh, she joked, "And nope, that just about sums up my life!" But after a brief second, she silenced herself and added, "That was meant to be a jest, but now that I think about it it's kind of true... No matter, it is already clear that your life it much more exciting than mine! I wish I could go on adventures and preserve ancient literature. Though I would probably just end up hurting myself and anyone around me. But at least the books would stay safe!" Because as clumsy as she was, Illi had never harmed a book.

visualspice

"Well, that would be guaranteed if you were to ever to join me on such an endeavor, for I'd never let harm come to a book- or a lady."
ANd though she had asked him to join her, he still remained a bit rigid from where he stood before he moved to approach but paused as his eyes caught sight of the pile of books upon the table.
"You seemed to have been quite busy earlier this evening," he said, keeping his eyes upon table, but not daring to take a seat- at least not quite yet, as he cleverly avoided her gaze for but a moment.

zozee9

"Shall I take that as an invitation?" Illi teased with full belief that he would never let her come with. "Because if it is so, I will accept it."

Using the stiff Davishire as support (without any warning or permission), she climbed onto the couch and stood face to face with him. The cushions sank under her pressure, causing her and him to be approximately the same height. Illi raised her hands in victory before nearly falling over and having to hold onto Davishire's shoulders.

"We're the same height now!" she exclaimed proudly. Basking in her happiness, Illi completely forgot about Davishire's words about her business and left her response unspoken.

visualspice

Davishire, taken off guard by her reply, found himself with a tangled tongue before retorting,
"Travel throughout Connlaoth is most dangerous this time in our lives. I would think twice before allowing it," he said, red faced at best, though not wholly against it, he did care for hte woman's safety, even if he had only made her acquaintance for but a few hours. She was most definitely different than all females he knew, and her reaction to his height and sudden enthusiasm as she stood on the chair only proved that fact! ANd Davishire only found himself staring back at her before he scooped her up off the chair and helped set her back down upon the floor, and still holding her he scolded, "Miss Illi! Please be rational! What if you would have fallen from the chair." And here he found himself half bent over to be more at her height this time so as to ensure she would not lose her balance as he kept her more securely on the safe, flat floor! Really! What was this girl thinking!? She could give him a heart attack, even in his youth!

Or.. perhaps something else with his heart as he found himself staring back at her and their close proximity, suddenly at a lose for words.
"Are you alright?" Though after he said it, he suddenly felt silly- considering.. she had done the action to herself and had much fun for it! And here he was, trying to pull the poor girl back into 'reality', though he wasn't quite sure if that was even the wisest of ideas, or what the girl probably even wanted indeed! But sure enough, he had already done it and was already holding onto 'his queen'. And as he pulled away, one of his wolf ears from his costume wilted, and then promptly after, as he sighed, the other one followed suit.

zozee9

Illi laughed as he denied her self invitation. He was as stickily as an old man, and she found it hilarious. She hardly eve cared when he placed her back on the ground; after all, it wasn't like she planned on staying up there! She might have in a different situation, but since it was a ball and that would have been considered uncourteous, she has planned it to be a more temporary thing.

Even still, she found his words silly. Illi would have responded right away, cutting off his words, if it wasn't for her having the exact same realization of how close they were. Instead, she paused and turned her head sideways as he backed away, faking snobbishness.

"Of course I'm not alright," she replied pointedly. "You removed me from my throne. Do you wish to steal all of height and tall prospective for yourself?" If the sudden change in attitude and dramatics weren't enough to key him into her yet again teasing attitude, the inability to hide a mischievous smile would have done the trick.

visualspice

Davishire would have gaped, but found himself blinking instead.
"Steal your height? If anything, perhaps one should donate you some. But as a queen, a noble lady's defects should be over looked." And at that, he responded to her smirk with a wolfish one of his own. Perhaps a little playfulness wouldn't kill him after all...

zozee9

"Well it shouldn't be hard for anyone to look over me," Illi replied cheerfully. It seemed like Davishire's mood really did change between the ballroom and the study. Plus, she just made what she considered to be an excellent pun.

Getting onto her very tiptoes, Illi reached up and straightened up Davishire's wolf ears. "Let's fix these, though. Wilted ears makes you look so sad. And if I have to be the Queen and you the Wolf, wouldn't it be best to act it out before the tragedy?"

visualspice

Davishire's blush seemed as if it could just never fade as he clenched his jaw and tried to keep himself in this reality. Really, did Miss Illi not know what intentions she brought on by such words? But having known her for even this short while, he presumed her innocence, though even he had to wonder.... did she honestly wish to flirt with him? And... if her implications were read at face value, court him or even marry? After all, the wolf had initially been the King, but he did not wihs to presume too much, less he become a fool. His sister... now THERE was a woman who presumed too much! And thinking of her sobered him in the moment as he sighed.

"Then you are implying my costume has been ill-selected, for before the tragedy struck, the wolf had been a King."
And he did not wish to presume she'd ever want to confine herself to him!

zozee9

"Ill-selected?" Illi repeated playfully. "I thought you were a man of deep thought! With all that reading you do, surely you know not to take things as they seem from the surface." Of course, she didn't realize that he had already looked deeper into her words—and not in the way she intended, either (though perhaps not completely falsely).

"But it seems I must give you a little lecture," she continued, starting her pacing again. "There is more than one type of king, you see. Of course, there is the king in nobility and royalty, but I would hardly imply such a thing. By no means am I that sort of queen, either! But you could be the king of anything... the King of Dreams, the King of Dancing, the King of Desire... why, you could even be the King of Tallness! I like to fancy that we are all kings and queens of plenty of things." She paused to collect her thoughts before continuing, "I'm the Queen of Reading and the Queen of Creativity and the Queen of Shortness, I suppose. So you see, I'm quite certain that your costume was well selected, for there is no way you are not the king of a plethora of things!"

visualspice

Davishire waved off the silly idea.
"I'd never claim to be the king of anything. No, no, the wolf suits me much better."

zozee9

"You have no self confidence, you know that?" Illi noted, actually somewhat serious. "That's no good." Her voice did turn more teasing again, however, as she continued, "But... hmm... maybe you're right. A bloodthirsty wolf that seeks the flesh of young, innocent women in order to ruin their days and lives seems much more accurate. Yup." She nodded to herself. "That sounds about right."

visualspice

Davishire made a face at her assessment.
"Hardly, it's not confidence I lack, I just prefer to remain modest. I do not like to presume I am a master of anything, though I suppose the few things I have a knack for I am well enough in those pursuits."
And sighing, he peered down at Illi as she continued to tease him.
"You should be thankful I do not care much for blood." Even when he hunted...
"Though when I mentioned myself to be more of a wolf, I mean of the loner variety. And wolves, some may say, could be more cunning than man." ANd at that jest, he grinned just a little- a grin that was flavored with just a bit of coyness.