Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Waltz of the Sugar Plum Candies

Started by visualspice, November 15, 2013, 04:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vivi

"I... yes, yes of course Your Grace. Prudent indeed." He pressed his lips together in a thin line, resisting the urge to hang his head like a child. Normally he felt as though his conversational skills, if not exactly stellar, were at least up to par among other nobles. Here however, he felt as though he were talking to an ice cube, every word coming out of his mouth feeling like precisely the wrong thing to say. Truly, he couldn't tell who was the worse conversationalist here, but that disapproving frown made him want to cringe.

"It is an astonishing party though, Your Grace." He smiled, in an attempt to at least salvage his side of the situation. "A truly spectacular turnout: I haven't seen some of these people in public in years."

visualspice

With the conversation turning elsewhere, the Grand Duke nodded and gestured towards his wife.
"The great lords and ladies enjoying this evening can only thank my wife, for she coined the idea months ago, and were I not to wrapped up within my own affairs to see it, we could have had this ball happening ages ago. I am just glad it seems to be quite successful. The nobility has suffered greatly over the whole war, and it's not exactly an easy thing to digest. I just hope the rest of the guests enjoy this small moment of recreation, and will inspire more evens to come."

And with the conversation turning away from Lady Valia in hopes to deter any more talk, it seemed Valia was already well on her way to making another scene, for as she peered up into her husband's green eyes, her vision grew bleary as tears began to wet her face as he simply walked away. So that's how it was to be? He might as well have slapped her in the face, at least that sort of mark was tangible, and as he walked away from her, she ran off int he other direction, pushing through the other dancers and gaining a lot of questioning looks her way. But once the other nobility noticed the presence of her husbands, the rumors were buzzing around the room.

And it didn't take long for Davina's feathers to get too ruffled over the fact her brother had left the dance hall following a Treyburn girl. And had she not been in another's company, she would have followed after the pair sooner. But as it seemed, Davishire had not returned tot he dance floor as she had hoped, she eventually took her own leave by bowing out gracefully from her angel, promising, whole heartedly, that she'd dream of him that night before she exited and head directly for the one place she presumed her brother might have chased a girl away to...
Onward to the study...
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

The Grand Duchess had finally succeeded in catching the eye of a passing servant.  From the tray, she lifted up a pair of drinks -- one for her husband, first, then one for their guest.  If she thought the conversation was going poorly, there seemed to be no indication of it in her pleasant smile.

"Surely, the next ball we have will be in celebration of peace."  It was as neutral as it was soothing, and it was delivered with an air of hope and authenticity that made it difficult to discern whether she was naive and ill-informed or was simply trying to convince herself and those with her.

zozee9

Jana nodded and bowed back at Davina, wondering if the lady actually would dream of her. And then she realized where Davina was heading. To Illi, who she had just been making fun of. Lovely. Jana quickly scanned the room, only to discover that all of her siblings (in sight) were busy. Oscar was even talking to the Grand Duke and Duchess themselves.

With a sigh, she knew she had to at least check out the situation. Make sure that nothing bad happened. So Jana grabbed a new glass of wine and followed the group to the study.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

kleineklementine

"Clearly you don't have sisters yourself, Mister Gassir," Avery said with a good-natured smile. Then added with a faux-ernestness, "Lace is of the utmost importance, as you'd know!"

A titter came from the Narwhal and Weasel-Cat and Avery was thankful for some laughter to break the tension, even if it didn't seem to warm Gassir. "Well, that's settled!" said Weasel-Cat brightly. "And I'm going to claim the first dance with this fine young tradesman!" she added, before Narwhal - who now looked very dour at having been cut off - and took Gassir's arm firmly.

"Oh, we'll do our best," Avery said brightly in response to Gassir's sour remark about a 'fast solution,' "but these things can be tricky." Then, when Weasel-Cat began to steer Gassir onto the dance floor, he turned to Winnifred. "Shall we? I think it's probably best to address this in one of the drawing rooms."

Exit to A Slice of Lemon Cake.

Vivi

"Oh?" Oscar feigned polite surprise, though truth be told it had been rather obvious. The Grand Duke didn't seem the sort to waste time on party planning. "Well, whoever brought it to mind, I congratulate them and their forethought." His smile flickered from husband to wife and then back again. "With tensions so high, I'd think it prudent to lift the dark clouds from around our heads a little. Even if it's only for a time."

He bowed his head in thanks, smile broadening as the Duchess handed them both a drink, good as her word. However, the smile faltered at her comment, becoming something a shade sadder. "Yes," he sighed, taking a careful sip of his drink. "I hope so, too, Your Grace. I should be very glad to see that."

Sadly though, a pessimistic and fretful part of him did not believe it.

visualspice

The conversation was awkward at best, the Grand Duke giving a glance to Oscar for his blatant honesty. He only nodded, having nothing really to say on the matter, especially since his wife spoke of peace when he knew very well this war, unfortunately, would last for years.

OOC: lol sorry, short and awkward post XD
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

The Duchess seemed unconcerned by the poor reactions her comment had garnered -- she had learned what she wanted in mentioning the war.  Rather than linger on the subject, she steered the conversation safely away to other matters.

"I apologize, but I'm afraid the Grand Duke and myself have some other business to which we must attend."  Her eyes had settled, momentarily, on a figure on the other end of the room, but they returned to Oscar now with an earnest smile.

"If you haven't done so already, I suggest you visit our own observatory, my lord.  The sight is quite lovely..."  With a mischievous giggle, she added lightly, "If, that is, you can tear your eyes away from the stars..."

(OOC: So we can let Oscar go romp elsewhere!)