Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Where's Your Family, Little One? (Methusela, Loreiaka?)

Started by Black Alchemyst, October 16, 2013, 06:23:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Alchemyst

Sirushar was startled by the sudden burst of rage from the female. He had raised the katana horizontally across his body defensively. He didn't register her words at first, only the fire that threatened to envelope him. His left foot shifted, prepared to pull a slab of rock from the ground to defend against the fire, but it was unnecessary; Just as quickly as she had become enraged, Loreiaka seemed become worried about the unconscious young Nightspinner.

She went past Syr just as he processed what she had said. "W-wait. Son?!" He was baffled. "You just accused him of being a body-snatcher. How did you jump to that in five seconds?" He lowered the sword with a confused look as the alleged mother tried to wake her alleged son.

Brisinger987

"It's a sense Nightspinners have, because our young sometimes look identical because only the scale tips change, we developed the ability to sense when our child comes in contact with us for the first time, and we know how to find them constantly after that... My baby..." Loreiaka was confused herself. In her whole life, never had she laid any eggs. She had never mated in the first place. So how the child was hers, she didn't know. All she knew was that there was a huge message in her brain telling her that this youngling, who she had been so ready to attack, was her son.

She let out a low moaning/cooing sound to Methusela, nudging him with her nose.

"I-I didn't know... How could I have a son?"

Black Alchemyst

Sirushar sheathed his sword, curious about the Nightspinner ways. But he cracked a stupid grin when she asked nobody in particular how she could have a son.

"Well... When a mommy dragon and a daddy dragon love each other very much..." He trailed of.

The rain did not relent, and he was beginning to shiver. The man shook rain droplets from his face and shoulders. He was a bit worried by the fact that Methusela wasn't waking up, but now that the female appeared to be trying to revive him, he no longer feared any danger would come of the meeting.

Brisinger987

Methusela came around and immediately hugged Loreiaka, cooing instinctively. Loreiaka smiled and shot a sarcastic look at Sirushar. She was amused by the comment but she was sharing a hug with her son. Her son...

It was a lot for them both to process.

Methusela stood, and looked at Sirushar, smiling. "Well what do I tell my adoptive mum?"

Black Alchemyst

Syr smiled happily at the reunion, and his smile turned sheepish when he saw Loreiaka's stare. "Well don't ask me," He told the young one, raising his hands as if to ward off the question. "I'm practically a stranger here."

Which he  was. The Silverfang had only known Methusela for a few minutes, and the majority of them, he was sure that the younger dragon was going to try to kill him. "But I'm sure that she'll be happy for you. Hope you're not still going after Demons now?" He asked.

Brisinger987

Loreiaka's eyes went mad, and her head flicked between Methusela and Sirushar panicking. My son was going after demons? She thought to herself before she decided to speak up.

"Methusela! How dare you do something so stupid as to go chasing after demons! You stupid boy!" Loreiaka huffed and shot him an angry glare. "Please elaborate Sirushar..."

"I was only curious mum... Really... I just wanted to meet them..." It was probably useless him even trying to lie, his mum would probably know off the bat when her son was lying. Most likely.

Black Alchemyst

Syr winked at the young Nightspinner before speaking to his mother, as if to say Sorry, friend, but this is for the best.

"Well, he wanted to kill some demons..." He began, then had a change of heart. He would help the kid out, but he wouldn't like how. "... That were attacking humans nearby. You see, ma'am, your son really cares about them. He wanted to be a hero and protect them from the forces of evil." The dragon lied enthusiastically.

He made a placating face to cool the new mother's temper. "In fact, just before you arrived, I offered my aid in his noble crusade."

Brisinger987

"WHAT?! Right. That's it Methusela. Grounded. Show me where the dragon that raised you is." Methusela looked at Sirushar, realising the fellow dragon had done his best to try and save him from the mini apocalypse, but that it wouldn't have been enough.

"You get your arse back to your home now. And don't go anywhere else cause I know just where to find you!" She shot an angry, disapproving look at Methusela as he flew off, before turning to Sirushar, sighing.

"Kids eh? Just hell..." Loreiaka sighed, upset that her son was that willing to throw his life away.

Black Alchemyst

The dragon-in-human-form shrugged, suppressing a laugh. "I wouldn't know. But you seem to be picking it up pretty quickly." His gaze followed the retreating youngling. "But a word of advice, I've just met the kid and I can already tell that he's got a stubborn spirit - in a good way, of course."

He shook water from his hair with one hand before putting his hood back on. "Try not to keep him on too short of a leash. Kids need to explore." He thought back to when he first left home, seeing the world spread out in front of him in all directions. Endless possibilities.... It seemed like a lifetime ago. Well, for most creatures, it might have been

"I've never met a Nightspinner before," Syr said finally, studying the female dragon. "How many of you are left? Do you know?"

Brisinger987

"I used to think none. But apparently I was wrong..." Loreiaka thought about the stubborn spirit comment and sighed about it.

"I can't be dealing with my first child being full of attitude... Well thank you for that advanced warning anyway. How stubborn?" Loreiaka remembered herself being stubborn, and how her parents had wished upon her that her children were just as stubborn.

Which would pose a serious challenge too her. She needed to find exactly how stubborn from his adoptive mother.

Black Alchemyst

He simply shrugged. "You'll have to ask his guardians." He got the impression that she was preparing to depart, but Syr's curious nature wouldn't let him simply move on form this strange encounter. "Hey," He began tentatively, "You wouldn't mind if I came along, would you? I'd like to see where this is going."

He hoped that Loreiaka wouldn't take him for some weirdo, or even a brigand. For all she knew, he wanted to follow her to scope out Methusela's home for loot.

Brisinger987

"Of course you can come. But unfortunately I am much too big to ride..." Loreiaka conceded that she didn't know how he would come with them. Of course she didn't know that the man was, in reality, a dragon. And she didn't know anything but his name.

((Sorry for the short post... It's been sitting for 24 hours, literally, and it hasn't gone anywhere...))

Black Alchemyst

((No worries. I get that sometimes too ^_^))

Sirushar blushed and stammered. "Wh-no! No no no no," He said quickly, waving his hands in front of him quickly. "I didn't mean that, heheh." He pulled the hood down and smiled, displaying his teeth. He then pointed to his scars and ears in turn. "Haven't guessed yet? Here's a hint. What's sixty feet, head to tail and *huff* breathes fire?" When he huffed, the "man" released a small puff of orange flame.

"I'm a Silverfang," He boasted lightly, like a child boasting about how cool his parents were. "Anyway, I'll just need a minute to pack all this stuff up and I can fly with you." By 'all this stuff' he meant his clothes and gear. He was usually able to carry it all in a forepaw when he flew, caging it all in his claws. It didn't surprise him how willing he was to transform. He only felt comfortable changing into his true form in front of strangers if they were other dragons. Otherwise he needed to trust someone enough for it.

Brisinger987

"Oh! You're a dragon! Hahaha! Sixty feet in body length? My god, you're longer than I am..." Realising quite quickly just what she had said, she added a wink on the end, and decided that there was no real harm in flirting with the guy. None at all. "But you haven't seen my fire..." Loreiaka pointed it in a direction with no flammable objects, and spewed dark red fire everywhere, the tips of the fire actually black, emulating her scales.

"Ok then..." She stood, waiting for him to shift form, so that she could take flight and show him what it looked like when she did something very cool. She had spent years mastering a trick she used to terrify prey into a good chase.

Black Alchemyst

Syr's face turned an even darker shade of red at the female's comment. Was she flirting with him? He cleared his throat as she displayed her own flames, a haunting crimson tipped in black. Impressive, he thought, wondering if Methusela's flames were black with red.

"Anyway, this will only take a minute," He explained, walking into the trees. He took off his sword belt and pack, wrapping the former around the later, and disrobed, stuffing the clothes inside while he shivered in the rain. Once that was finished, he braced himself. This was probably going to knock over a few trees.

The man exhaled slowly, releasing the bonds of the Life magic that held him. The air around him shimmered and he grew, his body changing shape beneath the veil. Within seconds, he had grown to his full size. A massive blue-grey dragon stood on four legs where before a man had stood on two, its chin and jaw edged in short spikes, while a pair of long, crested horns swept back from the top of his head. All down his spine and tail were dorsal spikes, webbed in-between with the same off-grey membrane that comprised his wings, which lay folded across his back.

Standing at twenty feet off the ground at his shoulders, Sirushar's head and long, scale-armored neck rose well over some of the younger trees. He carefully shouldered past them, back onto the path with his human belongings in one claw. Looking down on the smaller dragon with glacial blue eyes, he smiled pleasantly, his scars wrinkling slightly. "Ready to go?" He asked, his voice deep and rumbling like thunder on the mountains he grew up in.

Brisinger987

"Mmmmm, big. Wait till you see my hubby though." As soon as she said it she blinked in confusion. She didn't have a husband so why had she said it out of instinct. It was odd, and scary, and weird. She then began to wonder. She remembered laying Methusela's egg, yes, now that he had met her, she remembered doing it. But she looked older than she was now. More worn, more well seasoned...

"Forget that last bit..." She shook her head, assuming that if their were more memories to unlock, she would unlock them sooner or later. And she refused to die until she did. Maybe if she spent more time with Methusela she would find out. Maybe she had a full family and they were just waiting for her to reunite them.

Maybe...

Black Alchemyst

Sirushar had heard Loreiaka speak, however he wasn't paying much attention. He had stepped back a few dozen feet before rising on his hind legs and unfolding his wings. The massive blue-grey sails were each as long as he was head-to-tail, and they only barely cleared the tops of the trees as he balanced on two legs.

"So let's go," He said, a bit excited, before launching himself into the air. The first pump of his wings buffeted the treetops, shaking loose a flurry of precipitation.

He flapped his wings furiously to gain altitude. Once he'd caught a wind, he circled above the forest, roaring with glee. He loved flying, and didn't do it nearly often enough. Just for added fun, he released a gout of bright orange flame from his jaws with a booming laugh.