Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Scooby Snacks ( Ivory, Vincent)

Started by Paradox, December 11, 2013, 08:09:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivory

Cherie giggled at the poor man's misfortune.  "I like the dancing.  Well, I like the waltzes.  Watching all the couples spinning around..."  She smiled dreamily, gaze, once again, far away.  "It's like watching gears in a clock all spinning  and working together to the measured beat of the song...  And it's such a shame when one of those gears breaks, or someone interrupts the clockwork by crossing into the middle of the circle..."  Oh, that was the worst!

Cherie's smile returned almost immediately, then, and she took his arm to resume dragging him in Brax's wake.

"But why are you so nervous?  If your parents ask where you've been, you can tell them a girl nearly plummeted to her death from the balcony.  And if you hadn't been there taking in some fresh air, this entire ball would have been ruined.  That makes you the hero of the ball, doesn't it?  Not to mention, you have Lord Braxton's gratitude for rescuing his favorite sister."

Vincent

Ewan smiled nervously at Cherie's comparison of botched dancing technique to the broken gear of clockwork. That certainly made him feel better! His smile faltered a little.

She asked why he was nervous. "Well, I-" the young lord started to explain, but his words caught in his throat and he found himself nodding with Cherie's words. Hero. Him? He blushed and shook his head, "I-that's -oh. Do you thin-er, I mean, thank you." He finished as awkwardly as he'd initiated that dialogue. His heart was still tight feeling and racing from the mildly terrifying experience.

OOC sorry for the long delay. I haven't been well.

Paradox

The doubting looks on their faces told him everything he needed to know. However, a passing serving girl had overheard the man's strange inquiry and moved over towards Lord Treyburn with purpose, "Sir, I believe I've seen her!"

Braxton turned away from the couple and focused on the serving maid, "Great! The sooner we catch her, the sooner I can go back to the booze. So, where'd she go?"

The maid looked about as though she were nervous about anyone overhearing what information she was about to divulge, her eyes wide and her expression quite grim. She then spoke in a hushed tone, " I saw her makin' off with one of the knights , I did. Not sure what they were up to, but they had a mighty suspicious look about, that's for sure!"

Tags: