Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Crafting Yeah!! (give me items!!)

Started by Tally, January 13, 2014, 10:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tally

HELL YEAH CRAFTING

I got the crafting system functional today.  You know what that means—TIME TO SUBMIT ITEMS TO CRAFT WHOOOOO!

But first, some ground rules:

• Only submit something you made/thought up yourself, OR something that has been mentioned in the official lore somewhere OR something mentioned in any of my or Rhi's posts.
  • Obviously, by submitting something here, you're giving me permission to put it in this game, distribute the idea of this thing, basically publish it.  Non-commercial of course.
  • I can cover all the basic RPG staples—potions and the like—so no need to submit the expected crop of items you see in every game.  Give me unique stuff!
  • I will probably have to make changes to materials/rarity/effect/etc. in order to fit it into the crafting system with everything else.
  • Can't promise that everything everybody submits will make it in, but I will do my best!
  • No weapons or armor please!  I will be calling for those submissions separately.  Only items and food.
  • This includes cooking!!  Submit unique dishes! 8D
  • Accessories are okay too, submit those!

HERE'S WHAT I NEED TO KNOW
[b]ITEM NAME:[/b]
(What's it called yo?)

[b]WHAT'S IT DO?:[/b]
(Well?  What's it do?)

[b]MATERIALS: [/b]
(What do you need + how much you need to make the item)

[b]WHERE MATERIALS? :[/b]
(Where and through what method do you see the party acquiring these materials?)

[b]REFERENCE:[/b]
(If the item's been mentioned in a thread, or appears in the lore, link it here!  It's okay if it's not!)

[b]NOTES:[/b]
(Anything else you think I should know about this item?)

CRAFTING LIST SO FAR

Confirmed
Beard Golem
Fire/Ice/Other Elemental Etc. Storm
Strawberry wine
Seductive Seashell/Siren's Seashell
Chronocaster
Ring of Luck
Honey Mint

Working On It
Goggles of Life/Death
Primitive Bomb
Vita Flama Aka Spirit Flame
Vampire's bloodstone
Dragoncall Horn
Spellbinder Amulet
Dragoncall Crown
Fire Orb
Bunny slippers!
Donkey familiar - probably won't do through crafting, but will find another way!
Tincture of Fury
Tincture of Numbing
Tincture of Speed
Death god's wish
Cat Eye's Glass Eye
Red potion

Tak

Uh... let's give this a shot...

ITEM NAME:
Beard Golem Follower

WHAT'S IT DO?:
It's a Golem made of Beards (which you can loot from enemies with beards) which helps you do stuff.

MATERIALS:
x5 Beards
x1 Soul

WHERE MATERIALS? :
You loot the beards from enemies with beards, you get a soul from being a demon or having a special artifact of some kind.

REFERENCE:
It's a beard.

NOTES:
BEARDS!

Anadwen

ITEM NAME:
Fire storm/Ice storm

WHAT'S IT DO?:
upon using it, a storm of fire or ice attacks the enemies and debuffs them by applying a health draining something. can be avoided by ice/fire damage resistance

MATERIALS:
fire storm - 2x fire crystal, 1x spell
ice storm - 2x ice crystal, 1x spell

WHERE MATERIALS? :
spell - by vendor
crystals can be found in loot from corpses

REFERENCE:
none.

NOTES:
the item has two possible outcomes which each deal a different type of damage - fire storm would be more effective against enemies with no fire resistance, but not as good against fiery enemies. the debuff lasts several turns.

Tak

ITEM NAME:
Goggles of Life/Death

WHAT'S IT DO?:
If worn, it tells you if living enemies/unliving enemies are nearbye.

MATERIALS:
2x Glass OR
1x Goggles
1x Soul of a living/unliving being
2x Crystals

WHERE MATERIALS? :
Glass? Random loot. Goggles? Steal from nerds. The souls can be taken from a living/unliving being with something that extracts souls. Crystals? Look above to Anadwen's idea.

NOTES:
Nup.

Brisinger987

ITEM NAME:
Primitive Bomb

WHAT'S IT DO?:
Depending on the type (Stun, shrapnel, incendiary) it does different things. Stun bombs would disorient the enemy, incapacitate them, immobilise them. Shrapnel would injure an enemy, like a standard conventional grenade. Incendiary would apply a burn effect, which dealt damage over time, and left a fire or visual effect.

MATERIALS:
Stun - x2 flash powder
        - x1 stun shell
        - x1 explosive

Shrapnel - x1 ceramic shell
              - x3 explosive

Incendiary - x1 incendiary shell
                - x2 explosive
                - x1 oil

WHERE MATERIALS? :
The materials can be bought from most appropriate stores, or found on enemies who would have them (E.g. a possessed bombsmith would carry a mixture of the above items) and the shells could even be craftable from certain base materials, clay, and other items.

REFERENCE:

NOTES:
It borrows heavily from AC: Revelations, yes. Don't judge me :'( *fake crying*

Zane

ITEM NAME:

WHAT'S IT DO?:
Practically nothing, cosmetic item. Heat source? Light Source at night and in caves? Slight stat boost?
Color of flame is unique to character *optional* *customizable?*

MATERIALS:
1x Ignus Et Vitum
1x Archmage Staff

**if customizable**

For Red Flame
1x Blood Stone

For Blue Flame
1x Tears of the Ocean

For Green Flame
1x Nature Spirit Soul

For Gold Flame Flame
1,000,000x in-game currency

For White Flame
1x Selkie Soul

For Black Flame
1x Void Spirit

For Purple Flame
1x Royal Robes

For Orange Flame
1x Desert Wyrm Heart

For Rainbow Flame
2x Blood Stone
2x Tears of the Ocean
2x Nature Spirit Soul
2,000,000x In-game Currency
2x Selkie Soul
2x Void Spirit
2x Royal Robes
2x Desert Wyrm Heart
*Twice of any other color's items*
1x Rainbow Spirits in a Bottle

WHERE MATERIALS?:
Ignus Et Vitum: Rare drop of high level flame spirit
Archmage staff: rare drop of Archmage/Supreme Warlock (or equivalent)
Bloodstone: rare find while mining
Tears of the Ocean: rare find while fishing/rare drop of ocean based monsters
Nature Spirit Soul: Rare drop from feral Nature Spirits
In-game Currency: Common mob/boss drops and selling items
Selkie Spirit: Rare Drop from Selkies
Void Spirit: Rare Drop from Greater Demons
Royal Robes: Steal from royalty (high risk thieving)/Craft-able cosmetic item?
Desert Wyrm Heart: Rare Drop from Desert Wyrm
Rainbow Spirit in a bottle: touch a Rainbow Spirit (rare random encounter) while having a bottle in your inventory

REFERENCE:
An item pertaining to the Guildfist, it is used by the citizens to monitor the health and possible future of the owner of the flame, modified for cosmetics
Link: http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=14092.20

NOTES:
HIGH LEVEL ITEM: it should be among the last creatable items. The extreme difficulty to obtain the items used not to mention the fact that it is nearly useless mean it is mainly to show that you have been playing for a while and have extreme skill in the game.

This would also be extremely difficult to add in because of the creation of several mobs. but since the items needed to make are so scattered, it will be all the harder to craft. You can all hate me in advance when you grind for years to get the rainbow flame 8D

Tally

Quote from: Anadwen on January 13, 2014, 11:09:53 PMITEM NAME:
Fire storm/Ice storm
I reeeeally like the idea of an enchanter or something in the party who can craft spell items.  (8  We could make lots of items like these!

Quote from: Tak on January 13, 2014, 11:26:25 PM
ITEM NAME:
Goggles of Life/Death
Noted!

Quote from: Hormagaunt987 on January 14, 2014, 08:23:09 AMNOTES:
How heavily?  Do I need to make some changes to distance it from AC?

Quote from: Sir Zane on January 17, 2014, 08:33:02 PMITEM NAME:
Noted!

Brisinger987

QuoteNOTES:

How heavily?  Do I need to make some changes to distance it from AC?

It's not like Ubisoft own a patent on crafting explosives in games. It's nothing dangerous, I changed names, recipes, details, effects. It was the concept that I borrowed in essence, and that was meant to be a joke, that line.

Anadwen

yay! my thing was LIKED!!!

so I'm submitting another.

ITEM NAME:
Vampire's bloodstone

WHAT'S IT DO?:
Drains 15% of a chosen enemy's health, and restores 30% of health to the user of this item. Consumable, so it can only be used once.

An enhanced, higher-level version is available, which on use drains 30% of enemy's health, and restores 60% of the caster's. The effects of these items cannot be avoided.

MATERIALS:
1x simple crystal, 3x vampire's blood, 1x spell

Enhanced version
1x simple crystal, 5x vampire's blood, 1x spell, 1x voidstone

WHERE MATERIALS? :
crystal - vendor
vampire blood - common drop from vampire enemies
spell - vendor
voidstone - uncommon (but not too rare) drop of demons/wights/any spirit-based dark creatures and dark mages

REFERENCE:
related to and inspired by Daerian, my character, which feeds on blood.

NOTES:
this item has a 15-minutes cooldown, so it can only be used so often. this cooldown can't be avoided, but the effects on use are 100% guaranteed, unless the caster is debuffed against health restoring spells and items.

and yet another!

ITEM NAME:
Death god's wish

WHAT'S IT DO?:
this high-level crafted item immediately kills any chosen enemy without the caster having to sacrifice health and power and its effects cannot be avoided; it can't miss, however, it has a 24 hour cooldown. It is not consumable, but you may only own one of these items.

MATERIALS:
1x Death god's promise
1x black parchment
1x ink

WHERE MATERIALS? :
Death god's promise - a one-of-a-kind reward from a Death god NPC that is given after completing a series of quests for the Death god.
black parchment - by vendor and drop from random enemies.
ink - by vendor.

REFERENCE:
very closely related to my character Ryuch, who can grant this kind of wish, and would most likely be the NPC giving the Death god's promise item needed.

NOTES:
can be only crafted in the presence of the Death god (NPC), this high-level item instantly kills anything it is used for, but one player cannot own two of these items. It is not consumable and may be used over and over and over after cooldown. However, it may be disable by certain bosses.

Nascent

Here's a few to play around with!

QuoteITEM NAME: Spellbinder Amulet

WHAT'S IT DO?: This rare and valuable charm increases the wearer's resistance to hostile magics, weakening attack spells and improving resilience against hexes and arcane ailments.

MATERIALS: 3x Quicksilver vials, 5x Steel ore, 4x Silver Ore, 3x Adharite fragments

WHERE MATERIALS?: Quicksilver vials can be obtained at certain potion shops or as semi-rare drops from enemies of a chemical (smiles, etc.) or mechanical nature. Steel and silver can be obtained in mines, from weapon and/or accessory shops, or as a drop from earth-based enemies such as golems. Adharite fragments are rare and available only in Connlaoth; Adharite comes from a secret mine in the mountains and is only available as a rare drop from the stronger enemies found there.

REFERENCE: None

NOTES: 'Adharite' is a material created for this thread. Recently discovered in Connlaoth and only in very small quantities, Adharite is a crystal gemstone with the qualities and workability of a metal, prized for its unique anti-magic characteristics. Sufficiently pure Adharite will absorb any magic energies it touches and release the absorbed power as inert light. This makes it useful for identifying mages, detecting enchantments and curses... and, in theory, as both a weapon and a defense against magic users. It is named in honor of Adhara, patron saint of the Order of the White Lily, and is a closely-guarded secret of the Connlaothian government.

QuoteITEM NAME: Dragoncall Horn

WHAT'S IT DO?: This enchanted war-horn can call forth (summon) a mighty dragon into battle. However, dragons are proud creatures and not to be trifled with -- blowing the horn may result in the dragon attacking the party instead of the party's enemies, if the dragon decides to heed the call at all...

MATERIALS: 2x Dragon bone, 3x Enchanted crystal

WHERE MATERIALS?: Enchanted crystal is a semi-rare drop from underground, earth-based, or magic-based enemies. Dragon bone can be harvested from an underground dragon bone yard.

NOTES: None

QuoteITEM NAME: Dragoncall Crown

WHAT'S IT DO?: Based on an artifact from ancient times said to have been forged as a sign of friendship between a warlord and a great dragon skylord, a Dragoncall Crown ensures obedience to an ancient pact for any who would call upon dragons for aid. A character equipped with a Dragoncall Crown may use a Dragoncall Horn with a 100% likelihood of the summoned dragon coming to the party's aid.

MATERIALS: 5x Dragon bone, 8x Enchanted crystal, 4x Gold ore, 1x Dragonblood ruby

WHERE MATERIALS?: Enchanted crystal is a semi-rare drop from underground, earth-based, or magic-based enemies. Dragon bone can be harvested from an underground dragon bone yard. Gold ore can be purchased from accessory shops or found in mines (or as a drop from earth-based enemies). A Dragonblood Ruby is a unique side-quest reward with a very high value in gold, forcing players to choose between selling it or saving it for creating the Dragoncall Crown.

NOTES: None

Lion

ITEM NAME:
Fire Orb

WHAT'S IT DO?:
Creates a powerful fiery explosion upon breaking, unleashing area of effect damage against enemies close together.  Also has a 30-40% change of causing Burn, extending damage for a number of turns.  May also be used in the environment to remove obstacles and debris.

MATERIALS:
1x Lodestone – A round glass-looking stone resembling a marble often used to contain sensitive solutions.
2x Ground Pyranite Ore – Pyranite is a type of ore found in hot or volcanic areas and used to enhance weapons and armor with fire abilities.
1x Oil/Kerosene – An incendiary to spread the flame.
1x Silvarium – To stabilize the mixture and prevent premature detonation.

WHERE MATERIALS? :
Lodestone – Maybe be purchased at an alchemical shop/vendor.
Ground Pyranite – Semi-rare ingredient can be found in volcanic areas, or from related fire-type enemies.  Can be ground in an alchemy laboratory.
Oil/Kerosene – Common ingredient, can be found in many areas, dungeons, or possibly general locations.  May also be purchased at an alchemical shop/vendor.
Silvarium – A very rare ingredient that can only be harvested from the purification of quicksilver when exposed to extreme heat and combined with platinum.  Material appears like raw silver, but has an electric feel to it and cannot be held for long.  Must be handled with care.  Requires Quicksilver and Platinum which may be harvested in caves/mines, and prepared in an alchemy laboratory.

REFERENCE:
While similar to Bris' idea, I've had this idea for years from one of the novels I've been working on.  But it goes under a different name and requires different ingredients. (:

NOTES:
Peaches.  That is all.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anadwen

That's like an enhanced version of the fire storm!

Winters-Feather

Ana lion just said that.. ^.^;

ITEM NAME:
Strawberry wine

WHAT'S IT DO?:
Temp dramatically increases strength (both magic and physical) and agility. At the same time, lowers aim and defense.

MATERIALS:

x5 berries
x1 bottle/flask
x1 booze

WHERE MATERIALS? :
food vendor or forest
general item shop

REFERENCE:
Jazbel and Elle seem to find themselves in bars a lot...

NOTES:
I was playing bioshock.

---

ITEM NAME:
Cat Eye's Glass Eye

WHAT'S IT DO?:
Equip to see enemy stats and magic strengths/vulnerabilities

MATERIALS:

(some sort of crystal) + (enchantment) + (something cat related)

WHERE MATERIALS? :
Probably through a quest  or from a higher rarity vendor's shop... from a shady merchant.

REFERENCE:
(If the item's been mentioned in a thread, or appears in the lore, link it here!  It's okay if it's not!)
My pirate Chris has a glass eye like this. :)

NOTES:

----

Winters-Feather

ITEM NAME:
Seductive Seashell/Siren's Seashell (or something equally lame)

WHAT'S IT DO?:
Contains the captured song of a mermaid. Confuses enemies.  (continued  or one time use at your digression)

MATERIALS:
x1 seashell
x3 mermaid related item (mermaid tears, song, etc)
x2 blood
x1  crystal

WHERE MATERIALS? :

Only by ports, beaches.

REFERENCE:
My mermaid's power, bottled up ;3

NOTES:

---
ITEM NAME:

Red potion

WHAT'S IT DO?:

One time use. Clears aliments.

MATERIALS:
x1 ruby
x5 berries
x1 drop of blood

WHERE MATERIALS? :
Easy to access, especially by mountains and forests.

REFERENCE:
Loosely references towards a potion a nobleman makes in a thread I have with Lion.

NOTES:

Lion

ITEM NAME:
Chronocaster or Chronosphere (whichever sounds better)

WHAT'S IT DO?:
Slows down Enemy turn speed, and increases Party turn speed.  Also increases the rate at which spells charge.  Automatically activates each time its wearer has their turn, affecting entire Party.

MATERIALS:
1x Broken Pocket Watch
1x Refined Quartz
1x Wraith Essence

WHERE MATERIALS? :
May find a Broken Pocket Watch randomly while questing.
Refined Quartz, semi-rare item may be found in mines/caves.
Wraith Essence, very rare ingredient the remains of a Wraith, a powerful ghost like enemy.

REFERENCE:
Similar to Haste in the FF series, except it’s an actual object rather than a spell! 

NOTES:

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Tak

ITEM NAME:
Ring of Luck

WHAT'S IT DO?:
Increases critical hit chance and decreases the chance that you'd be hit.

MATERIALS:
7x 4 Leaf Clover
1x Blessing of a Leprechaun
1x Gold Ring

WHERE MATERIALS? :
You get the clovers from doing quests for Leprechauns, killing leprechauns, killing things that have killed Leprechauns or making a farm.
To get the Blessing of a Leprechaun, you just need to do a quest for a Leprechaun.
You get a gold ring from Treasure Chests and random loot. Often found with gold.

REFERENCE:
No.

NOTES:
It looks like a seven-leaf clover on a ring.

Tally

Just a wip shot of what I'm working on today.

Lion

LOL!  Oh dear goddess, that is possibly the best thing I've seen all year!  xD 

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anadwen

Holy crap. This is hilarious.

We need something like 'Orc ear' loot!

visualspice

Quote from: Tally on January 25, 2014, 09:06:10 PM
Just a wip shot of what I'm working on today.

So is he main character named 'The Beard Bandit'?
8D
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Tags: