Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

In Black (Anadwen) (Closed)

Started by Codestar7, January 17, 2014, 01:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Codestar7

Felodas, after defeating his foe, Fetrius, rested. He was exhausted. Shadowfang would keep him safe while he slept.

Waking up from his wolfs shouts, Felodas was surprised to see a man in black, leaning against a trunk of a tree.
"Who on Le'raana are you?

Anadwen

Athran grinned. "You know. Everybody around here knows... It was fun to watch you, you know? Took you a pretty long while, though. I was getting bored." He shrugged, and peered down at his gauntlets, studded with dark iron.

"I am searching for the Lord Captain of dragonriders..." he winged off, "A supposed superior of mine. Well, only sitting on a higher chair - for now." His hands arose to his head and took off the dark hood, hiding his face till now, revealing a pale face with beautiful, but cold and sharp features. "And who are you?" he asked.

Codestar7

"You watched me that entire time? What is your reasoning? I recognize you. You must be Athran. My new second in command. I am Felodas Nallmiel."

Felodas stood up, and took a closer look at the man. His features were shadowed because of the angle of the sun. Felodas assumed who he was due to his comment. Shadowfang growled, uncertain about the newcomer.

"What do you mean, Well, only sitting on a higher chair - for now.'"?

Anadwen

"I was supposed to be the superior to everyone in the army," Athran shrugged carelessly, "but I refused. I don't need that much responsibility. And no money comes off it, anyway." He didn't reply to Felodas' introduction of himself, and simply spread his arms.

"My reasoning is my own. But I warn you... I take no commands, Captain." A thorn of sarcasm could be heard at the word 'Captain', and Athran smirked, crossing his arms on his chest. "And titles are hollow and empty..."

Codestar7

"I don't like you. If you get in my way, you will face the King. I don't mind if you don't take my orders, but don't tell me I didn't earn my title."

Shadowfang stopped growling, and eyed the man suspiciously.

"So I guess you saw all the business with Ardeadai and Darkaroth? Why didn't you help me? I could have been killed. What man stands watching like you did?"

Anadwen

Athran raised a brow. "Ardeadai and Darkaroth? I never knew you have any business with those, too. Besides, it is not my duty to run around and save other dragonriders' necks. Nobody went to save mine... I've no debt." His voice still kept the melodic quality only the voices of elves have, but it was cold and harsh.

"I never told you didn't earn the title. I simply don't see a reason to take commands... It's pointless. I know what I want to do."

Codestar7

"Walk with me. What makes you think you can't take my orders? ZI am the Lord-Captain. What makes you different from the rest of the dragonriders?"

Felodas cowered for a moment as a sharp pain shot through his hand.

"Stupid troll." Muttered the elf.

Anadwen

"I heard that." Athran warned him, narrowing his eyes.

"I don't think it. I know it. Why do you think they'd beg me to take the high commander's place? And besides, you know the story of the Black Sword. That's what makes me different. I'm not a fool to act without knowing why I do so."

His hand instinctively sunk to the handle of the Black Sword, hanging by his side. "And all of that story is true."

Codestar7

"I didn't call you a troll. A troll cut off m..."

Completely realizing what the man had said, Felodas paused.

"So you won't take my orders? Fine. Don't. Just never do anything the King wouldn't like. Look. We have reached Ketra. Do you want to have a beer?"

Anadwen

"No, thanks. I don't drink beer. But if you need, I'll show you the way to where knights sleep. You get better wine in there... And a bed." Athran didn't give Felodas one stray glance, but he sensed him walking beside him.

"I think you've seen it, though."

Codestar7

"Is it the building on the hill? There it is. I need not to sleep there, I have residence, thank you. But still. I am intrigued to know where my dragonriders rest themselves."

Felodas pulled out a thin red reed, and played a tune.

Ralenth swooped in.

"We can take my dragon?"

Anadwen

"You can take anyone... My Maigrod sleeps somewhere around there, too." Athran replied, surpassing the urge to sing along, and kept walking by. "Nobody cares what you take in these days. I hardly sleep in there... The knights are going down the stream. There isn't much to look forwards to."

The chains on his armour were clinking as he walked, and his hair, black and smooth, waved in the air. "It's all mess and trash." he winged off.

Codestar7

Felodas mounted the huge black dragon, and followed Athran to the knight quarters. He dismounted her, and walked over to Athran.

"Now what" said Felodas commodity comicly.

Anadwen

"Are you asking me? I'm not in charge of this house. Merely using it..." A silhouette of a great black dragon appeared on the roof. Maigrod crawled down onto the street, or at least his big head did, while he still held onto the building.

Who is it, Athran? he questioned him.
The new commander...
And his dragon...? Maigrod emitted a low growl towards Ralenth.
I don't know... Go on, ask her. Athran shrugged, and pointed at the door.

"Well, here's the door..." he exclaimed.

Codestar7

Ralenth. "Dirro carbo" ((play nice))

Felodas entered the house with the mysterious man.
What he found inside shocked him. Soldiers were playing blackjack and smoking pipes. Some of the rooms smelt of piss and bile. Felodas retched.
"How could they be living like this? They are meant to be trained soldiers, seasoned for battle."
Felodas didn't like what he saw.

Anadwen

Athran shrugged. "I train by day and night. But who listens to a lunatic like me?" he uttered. "Besides, my name is Athran. I know that may be already known to you, but..." He covered his mouth and nose with his cape to save himself from the smell and smoke, and led Felodas up the corridors and stairs to a couple of bigger rooms, which were all empty.

"This is the upper floor... Not for everybody. This is for the elite." he explained him, and dropped the black fabric down again.

Codestar7

"Dammit Athran. They shouldn't be like that. We have to do something. It's unhealthy. Anyway, where are you staying?"

A dragon screech rang through
 the air like an alarm bell from outside.

Anadwen

The tall elf shrugged, tilting his head aside a bit. "I know they shouldn't be doing it... But hey, am I the commander? No. Therefore, it's no concern of mine." His voice, confident, but bored, portraited his carelessness perfectly.

After all, it never was his concern. He was doing his job perfectly - and there was nothing he could do about the other knights that wouldn't require an unnecessary amount of interest and care.

He pointed at one of the three great oaken doors. "That's mine. Don't enter without knocking." he informed Felodas, and stepped forwards to the door, when a dragon's scream reached his ears. Athran immediately rushed to the sole window in the corridor. His head appeared in the street, and his eyes carefully searched for the source of the scream.

Codestar7

Down in the cobbled streets, Ralenth and Maigrod were grappling.
"RALENTH! WHAT HAVE I TOLD YOU ABOUT FIGHTING WITH NON ROYAL DRAGONS! Polith hamanen! ((Calm down))

The black dragon flew away, probably to go hunt.

"Sorry about that, Athran. Ralenth really does not like other species."

Anadwen

Athran smacked his head. "Maigrod. What... What do you think you are doing? Stop now, or you have a problem!" he shouted at the huge black dragon. He let out a long sigh.

"I'm sorry. Maigrod sometimes behaves more like a big, fat lizard than dragon..." His eyes suddenly narrowed. "What were they even trying to do?"