Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Dirty Stinkin' Shadows (M)

Started by visualspice, January 19, 2014, 07:42:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Iyla glared at him.
"Don't worry, I'll return the favor soon enough." Though she wished she could say it with some dignity. It was difficult to bark out threats when she was useless on the ground. But her eyes strayed from his and went to the forest, seeking out any hint for what direction Berlious had ran.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Nomad

Gazing down at her he sees the glare she is giving him and in return he offers her a soft smile rather then anger since she had enough for the both of them. Listening to her he nods his head faintly in response to what she has to say, no doubt she wanted to kick him in the balls again. " Indeed, I'm sure you would love to do that again. However I would appreciate if you did not. Now, if you will excuse me my dear. I have a bounty to track. " He says with a faint bow, " I do hope to see you again sometime. " he adds with a playful tone before he turns and begins to move towards the forest.

visualspice

Unfortunately, it seemed Berlious was no where to be seen. The forests around Zantaric were thick and unruly- like it's men. And as Iyla watched Hunter disappear after her prey, she cursed beneath her breath and nursed her leg. Gods, stupid paralyzing darts. She couldn't even feel her foot anymore!

Thankfully, it only affected one leg and not her entire body, even though her entire body was tingling by now by the 'poison', she still managed to use her other leg and her arms to push herself up as she stood and leaned against a nearby tree. She used this moment to slip into the shadow and became unseen, one with the darkness, and while she was in it- she could visualize Berlious still running farther and farther away.

And thebounty hunter was probably running the other way. For now, however, she could still sense the shadow seed and she'd have to keep a tab on it, though when she tried to use her dark magics again- and to use the shadows for travel, she found herself halting halfway in her 'shadw run' as she stumbled into a small creek with a curse.

Shadow running was a lot easier when your entire body cooperated, but the paralyzing arrow was doing a number on her- and it seemed she wasn't as strong as Berlious was to ignore or let the effects wear off so quickly. It was probably because she was so much smaller than the man, though as she picked herself up out of the waters, she held her breath and noted-

Berlious was plowing his way through the trees, just North of her.

Ah.. she got the bounty now! Drawing up the energy to slip into shadows again, she found herself floundering again in this ability and dropped into the shallow waters once again- but this time she gained the attentions of Berlious Rhecht- and when she lifted her gaze, the man's shadow was over top of her.

"I knew it was you,"t he man growled through panted breaths. "Not sure why you're still following after me, but let me demonstrate why you ought to give up now.." the man growled, and grabbed Iyla by the throat and lifted her clean off the ground, choking her of breath- and as he did so, her mask began to fall back, and it was then he realized- with a laugh.

"Wait- are you a woman?"

Iyla's face said it all and the man laughed at her all the more.

"Dressed in men's clothing? To deter what?" he said wth a dangerous purr, his hand still tightened around her neck.

"Get your paws off me," she growled, trying to claw at his arm, but it was to no avail. he had leather bracers that protected him and he only laughed and took her clothe mask and yanked it off- tearing it clean from her face, then moved next to rip the hood of her cloak from her head and appreciated what he said as his eyes sparkled lustfully.

"Well, well, well, such a pretty face under there," he said, his hand still gripping and bruising her throat while the other one forced her chin to look up at him. "Yeah, you should have stayed where you were, girl," he said, and drew out a blade, which she only saw in a flash of motion befre suddenly, the man stabbed it into her side int he very same instant he kissed her, which hushed her screams so as to avoid alerting the damn pesky man with the cross bow.

"Shh.. It'll be alright," he whispered to her, jamming the blade in deeper to her side- not realizing that the blood that spilled out was black and unnatural as his eyes were glued to hers. "Just die quietly and if you're lucky- you'll enjoy it..."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Nomad

Making his way to the forest where he had last seen Berlious, Hunter kneels down and begins to search for any tracks the man may have left behind. Though he was hoping to find some tracks left by the man, he found it hard to locate any as the forest was rather thick. " Blast.. " Hunter grumbles softly to himself as he shifts his gaze while scanning the ground for tracks. He managed to make out a few that looked like they would be the size of Berlious which caused him to move into the forest, however he was not completely sure they were the tracks of the man he is after.

Moving into the forest Hunter brings his crossbow up at the ready. He did not want the man to get the drop on him but rather he wanted to get the drop on Berlious so he could bring him down again. " Where oh where did you go.. " He murmurs softly to himself as he shifts his gaze from side to side. As he shifts his gaze he scans the area for any sign that Berlious my have been in the area he is currently in.

" Maybe I should ask for more. " Hunter grumbles to himself as he trudges forwards while shifting his gaze from side to side. He had already expended a great deal of resources in his attempt to get this man. Though he knew if he had not been attacked at the tavern he would have had Berlious and been on his way to get his bounty.

visualspice

THough the blade was painful, and Iyla presumed she might be doomed, recalling what her master of shadows said, that she can't die in this form, she finds extra strength in that and clenched her teeth as she growls up at the man and spits in his face.
The moment he's distracted she's uses the shadows to her advantage and yanks his knife out of her body and slams it into his.

Berlious let out a cry, one that echoed through the forest and started the nearby birds, causing them to take flight.

Nomad

As he searched on, Hunter felt he may be going the wrong way or at least not exactly in the direction he needed to be going. Shifting his gaze from side to side as he scans over the ground all he could make out were bits and pieces of animal tracks and signs caused by animals moving through the forest which meant he was more then likely going in the wrong direction. " Blast.. " Hunter grumbles to himself as he stops for a moment. Having come to a stop he begins to look around searching for any sign of Berlious that he may have missed.

While glancing around a sound caught Hunter's attention. A cry or perhaps a scream, he was not completely sure though he could tell it came from something other then an animal. This meant only one of two things, either it was Berlious or someone was in danger or injured. Bolting into action Hunter begins to rush in the direction the cry had come from. He was not sure which it was though he knew either way he would be going this way to find out. If it were someone in need of help he was more then willing to offer it and on the other hand if it was Berlious he will have found his bounty once again.

visualspice

A second cry echoed out when Iyla stabbed the man again. Frustrated, the behemoth of a man went to reach for the girl, but this time she melted into the shadow and completely vanished from sight. Letting out a frustrated growl, he moved to rise off the ground when suddenly Iyla was on his back, the blade to his throat. But like a wild animal he bucked and stumbled back, bashing his back side against a nearby tree and winding Iyla, who, as Berlious trampled away, she slid to the ground in a painful, groaning heap.

Nomad

Moving towards the source of the cry, Hunter hears another rattle through the forest giving him cause to push himself harder and go faster. Though he was not sure if it was someone being attacked by a beast in the forest or if it was the man he is after though deep down he hoped it was the man he is after rather then someone being attacked by a beast. Shifting past trees as he runs forwards he grips his crossbow tighter, ready to bring it up and fire at a moments notice in case it was indeed a beast attacking someone.

Coming into the area where Berlious and Iyla are located, Hunter comes to a sudden stop, his gaze falling upon Berlious as Iyla falls to the ground. For a moment Hunter glances down to Iyla wondering how she had found Berlious when he was not able to find him in this forest. Though he wished to know how she found him, Hunter knew that question could wait until later. Turning his attention back to Berlious he brings his crossbow up, taking aim at Berlious " Stop right there! " Hunter yells out, his finger on the trigger and ready to pull it in Berlious made any attempt to escape or retaliate.

visualspice

And retaliate he did as the man turned towards Hunter and came barreling his way, and if Hunter wasn't careful, the man would find himself beneath Berlious's raging fists.

Nomad

He hoped Berlious would stop and give up but instead he did exactly the opposite of what Hunter wanted. As he came at him, Hunter growled softly and gave the trigger of the crossbow a squeeze, loosing the last of the paralyzing bolts at Berlious. Though he fired the bolt Hunter also shifts out of the way, moving to the side to evade Berlious.

visualspice

Berlious roared as he stormed forward, and the moment the arrow sunk into him, the big brute continued to run, until eventually he crashed into a heap several feet away and went stll. Iyla, who was still on the ground, watched with wide eyes as Berlious fell over. Then, from where she was on the ground, she lifted her head up to notice the bounty hunter had returned.

She narrowed her gaze at him and kept her hand and arm over her wounds, but cold, black blood was spilling everywhere, staining her arm, seeping through her fingers and staining the grass and her clothes.

Nomad

Stepped out of the way Hunter watches Berlious as he charges forwards for several feet before he finally went down. As he went down Hunter lets out a soft sigh of relief, though Iyla was here so no doubt Berlious may get away again. Lowering his crossbow Hunter looks to Iyla as she lay on the ground still.

Looking at Iyla, Hunter notices that she seemed to be injured. Seeing that she is injured a frown takes form on his face as he moves over and kneels next to her, setting his crossbow down " Are you alright? " He asks, his tone shifting to a more soft and kind one as he shows a hint of caring for the fact that she is injured. As he gazes down at her he catches sight of the blood that stained the grass as well as her cloths, it was not red but rather it was black, something that did not seem natural.

visualspice

Iyla bared her teeth at him like an animal.
"What are you bothering me for?" she snapped. "Go see if that man has gotten away." Really, what a terrible bounty hunter! Or so she thought. For all he knew, Berlious was getting away again, but as she peered over at the man's fallen form-s he began to wonder-
was Berlious dead?

He certainly seemed still enough and he wasn't making any noises.
"Go and check it out," she hissed again, smacking his arm.

Nomad

Gazing down at Iyla, he could see now that it was indeed a woman and she was bearing her teeth at him like some kind of animal. As she spoke he lets out a soft sigh while gazing down at her. Hunter could see why she worked alone, she enjoyed kicking people in the balls and was rather mean towards them as well. With the thought of him getting away, Hunter looked over to Berlious for a brief moment before looking back to Iyla.

When she smacks his arm away he shakes his head faintly at her. " I guess this makes what... the third time I saved your life? " He asked as he rose to his feet and moves over to Berlious. As he approaches Berlious, Hunter reaches to the hilt of a dagger and grabs it as he reaches down and checks to see if Berlious was either dead or unconscious, the latter being the one Hunter was hoping for.

visualspice

With the arrow jutting out of Berlious's chest, it was more than evident to assume the man was dead. He was no longer breathing and appeared stiff as a board. ANd while Hunter was checking it out, Iyla winced and pushed herself to her knees.

"Is he breathing?" she asked gruffly.

Nomad

Reaching out to Berlious, Hunter could already see the man's chest was not moving which was an indication he was not breathing. Shifting his hand over Berlious' neck for a moment, Hunter lets out a soft sigh as he looks down at the man. Though he was hoping to keep from doing it, he had killed Berlious.

" No, it appears he is dead. " Hunger grumbles as he looks down at the dead Berlious. " Damn it! " he says in anger as he makes a fist and hit Berlious' chest. Now that the man was dead, Hunter knew he would have to carry him back and tote a dead body around, though he also had Iyla to think about given it seemed she was injured, however the black blood gave Hunter reason to wonder more about her and grow cautions in her presence.

visualspice

Iyla let out a sigh, and leaning herself into the shadows, she closed her eyes and melted into them- appearing a moment later nearer to where Hunter was. Though as she reappeared, her vision went blurry, her mind hot and dizzy as she stilled herself on the ground and held a hand to her temple. Once the dizzy wave passed, she painfully crawled her way over to where Berlious lay.

She too, confirmed he was dead as she kept her head low and contemplated what ought to be done now to the body. She could sense the shadow seed inside of it. But how would she know where it was? And how could she get it out?

Nomad

With his attention on Berlious, Hunter did not see Iyla as she shifted through the shadows to move closer. However as she came closer to check to see if Berlious is dead like he said, Hunter lifts his gaze and looks at her frowning faintly as he watches her. He was not bothered by the fact she doubted him, what bothered him was the fact that she was bleeding black blood instead of red. He had never came across someone that bled black blood before.

" Here, let me treat you're injure before it gets infected. I can bandage your injury up but that is about it right now. " He says as he watches Iyla closely. If she could not walk he would have to carry her as well though he had Berlious to deal with too, it seemed like a rather troublesome situation as he did not give any thought to leaving her behind in the forest.

visualspice

Iyla just glared at him and said nothing,t hen returned her focus on Berlious. She had to figure out where the damn seed was. Ghosting her hand over the dead body, she tried to see if she could sense it, but just about every aspect of the dead man's body was oozing with sensations of shadows. SHe grimaced. She'd have to cut the man open- and without so much as a thought, she grabbed onto the dead man's dagger and slammed it into his chest. Blood bubbled up, and soon she was cutting down his chest, basically gutting the man open right before Hunter's eyes.

Nomad

Though he offered to bandage her wounds up he is met with a glare as she looks at him. Every turn he was met with anger from this woman which Hunter did not like since he was trying to help her given she was injured and had been beat up. As she took one of the man's daggers Hunter thought at first she was disarming him even though he is dead, however as she plunges the dagger into his chest he grows shocked at her actions. " What the hell are you doing?! " Hunter exclaims as he reaches down and grabs her dagger wielding arm to try and stop her from cutting him open. " Stop it! " He yells at her, his anger becoming apparent as he tries to push her away from the dead body.