Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Thief's Job

Started by Brisinger987, January 26, 2014, 04:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brisinger987

"Same here. Can't heal anyone who needs it if they're around, they'll kill you for trying to help people too." Halford sighed, keeping his eyes out for bigger dragons. Ingemar may have looked terrifying, but he wasn't the scariest skyborne beast around.

Anadwen

Aldanith was too busy showing obscene gestures to imaginary mordecai in the air, and it took him a while to realize what his companion said. He eventually nodded, and showing one more rude grimace, he turned back, focusing onto the dragon and sky around.

"Should I warn you if I see something strange near?" he asked.

Brisinger987

"Like a flock of bats out at this time of the day?" Ingemar's eyes were even better than Aldanith's and Halford's, and he changed direction to try and avoid what looked like a dangerous situation.

"I'd say that constitutes strange."

Anadwen

"Whatever out of normal." Aldanith replied, and turned back. "I can watch what's behind... Even dragons don't see what's under their ass." he chuckled.

He knew something of those beasts, having one of them in the Thunderblacks tamed and friendly, though Holdwyn was completely different. Much more easily excited, and more difficult to ride...

Brisinger987

"Well it's either growing, or it's coming to us. Be prepared Ingemar." Halford knew even he wouldn't be able to hold off the bats.

Anadwen

Aldanith didn't wait for long - actually, he didn't wait at all. Frostdeath and Bloodstorm appeared in his hands like a lightning, and he pulled his legs up, ready to stand up on Ingemar's back, if it was needed.

"Let me deal with this..." he growled.

Suddenly, a great flash of lightning crossed the sky. It hit the bats, and a couple of another appeared in a wild maze of lights.

When Aldanith turned back to Halford, he was pale and shaking like a tree in the wind. It took quite a lot of his strength to conjure this kind of lightning... And he felt drained.

Brisinger987

The bats backed off at the lightning, a few dropping with every strike.

"Good job. Thanks. Don't know how bad that could have gotten. Weird. Bats hate this time of day." Halford sighed, and already they began descending, putting huge amounts of pace between them and bats very quickly.

Anadwen

"And this... Is why... I'm a wanted... Criminal." Aldanith whispered, gripping Bloodstorm with one hand, while the other one held Halford's shoulder.

Brisinger987

They landed, by a cave, which was illuminated all the way down.

"Someone's hijacked our cave Ingemar. Excuse me a second." Halford looked down into the cave, seeing shadows moving around, and hearing a woman scream in agony, at which point, he ran into the cave blindly, drawing his polearm and swords.

"If you evil beasts have harmed some young girl, I'll slaughter you all!" He shouted, Ingemar unable to navigate the cave anymore, as the wooden constructs lay everywhere.

Anadwen

Aldanith followed him swiftly, but upon seeing how Halford ran in completely without thinking, he grabbed him, pulled him back, and covered his mouth with his fist, gripped around Frostdeath. "Shhh!" he hissed.

"Nobody will be afraid of two elves... But of twelve, or twenty, maybe. Stomp around, shout, and make noise like ten men... Whatever is around will be scared." he whispered into his ear, and begun rampaging to show him what to do.

Brisinger987

Halford heard the woman's cry again, and became completely fixated on saving her. He rushed onto the wooden scaffolding, and immediately saw the members of a sick, cannibalistic cult.

"Oh, I get that it tastes good sometimes. But I will NOT let you harm some young girl." Halford began to kill the cultists, stabbing and slicing, cutting through wave after wave.

Anadwen

Oh, so it's these sadistic creeps again...

Bloodstorm and Frostdeath were immediately flashing like a couple of lightning bolts through the air. Aldanith's swift fighting style, combining the natural speed and strength of his body with incredible acrobatic stunts and the couple of scimitars worked very well, and the surprised cultists fell like rag dolls before him.

He fought his way through the crowd to the woman - a dark elf just like himself. A figure, apparently the leader of the cultists, was bent above her, holding a short blade by her chest. He turned as he saw Aldanith approaching, and barred his teeth at him.

"Get lost, you sick canibalistic creep." he growled. Instead of an answer, he received only a mad look.

Frostdeath's blade was quick, but he jumped away equally swiftly. The blades clashed together, and the leader kicked Aldanith into the ankle in an attempt to trip him over. This one was unsuccessful, but he one that followed, consisting of ducking under the blades and pulling him down, was not. The dark elf let out a scream as he hit the floor, painfully falling onto his shoulder. He growled.

A flash of lightning struck his opponent down, turning him into a pile of ashes.

Brisinger987

Halford stared down at the floor beneath him, seeing scores of dead cultists, and snarling. He plunged his sceptre into the spine of a still breathing cultist, and wrenched it around, making the cultist squirm in death.

Suddenly one threw a powder at him, and he coughed, tasting blood. The powder triggered something in him that made him kill that cultist, and just for a minute, dragged himself and the dead cultist out of view, giving in to the desire borne of the powder.

A few seconds later he returned, his face slightly bloodied, but feeling less hungry than before.

Anadwen

Aldanith blinked in pain, clutching his shoulder, and pressed the bone back as hard as he could. It cracked, and the sprained joint returned to its original position, allowing him to use his arm again. He sprang to his feet and bent above the woman, fighting off what was left from the very severed ranks of the cultists.

She was covered in dark red blood, apparently her own, but her eyes seemed to perceive him clearly. She reached after him, but Aldanith shook his head, and picked her up, careful not to cause more damage and pain.

"Halford! Halford, I got her!" he shouted.

Brisinger987

Halford threw his sceptre like a spear, except he hadn't thrown it at the cultists. He'd thrown it at Aldanith and the Dark She-Elf.

"I feel hungry... Aldanith..." Halford jumped down, landing, a glazed look in his eyes. He was clearly out of his mind and depth, and he just took steps forward, eyeing the pair like pieces of meet.

Anadwen

Aldanith ducked underneath the spear, giving Halford an obviously confused glance. "What the f***ing hell, Halford?" he screamed. "I'm not one of them!"

As his companion approached him, Aldanith took the chance to kick him in the side in an attempt to wake him from the strange trance he was in. He didn't know what was happening, but he had a bad feeling that it will include fighting. He laid the she-elf down, as quickly and soft at once as he could, and stepped before her, with his scimitars crossed before his chest. "Whatever mad shit you're doing, stop. For the sake of the bloody heavens and hell, stop."

Brisinger987

Halford took the kick well, staggering back a few steps, drawing his own two blades, and cracking his neck.

"Can't ignore the feeding call... Mother demands that I eat..." Halford's pupils took up ninety percent of his eyes, clearly intoxicated on something that caused very specific effects.

"Mother says that dinner is served..."

Anadwen

Aldanith popped his eyes out in horror. "If you want dinner, go catch it! I'm not a bloody venison!" he shouted, giving Halford another kick, this time into his chin.

"You've gone completely batshit insane! Wake up! For the sake of the gods, Halford, WAKE UP!" His voice was echoing through the cave, loud like a thunder. He stepped forth to slap Halford across his face, letting go off Icedeath, butt suddenly, the she-elf grabbed his leg.

"Aldanith... Halford..."

Brisinger987

Halford went flying from the kick, landing with a thud, and seeing an injured but not dead cultist on the floor. He crawled, over, growling and snarling like a wild animal, before he reached the cultist and took a huge bite out of him as the neck, getting covered in charnel and blood.

"Feed..."

Anadwen

Aldanith kicked Halford once again, aiming the hard tip of his boot into his stomach. "I'm sorry for this, but you're acting mad." he said silently, and smacked him.

"Really sorry!" he shouted, grabbed his shoulders to pick him up, and shook him like a rag. "Wake up! You're not being yourself!"

Suddenly, the she-elf reached after Aldanith with one hand, clenched around a small glass viol. "Give... Him this..." she whispered, pressing it into his hand. The dark elf took it with distrust - the fragile glass was filled with a murky liquid. Whatever it was... He had no options.

He broke it in half and tossed its remains into Halford's face.