Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

'Dekka'-dence and Excess (M)

Started by visualspice, February 01, 2014, 10:49:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

It was then Dekka's expression began to fade, and some of the color drained from his face. After the severity of the situation set in, he swore between his teeth.
"And he thinks he can just use that fucking against you? Fucking asshole cunt wipe. Well he's got  another fucking thing coming. I'm not the fucking King of Thieves for nothing. I'll get those fucking letters back, and-" Here he was puffing himself up, and rightfully so. Not only did he have Kathryn to worry about, but his own neck as well. "And fucking make him wish he would have just let those letters fucking go. Man's going to be wishing he was just a fuckin' eunuch. Cock sucking bastard." And he was so pissed off, he slammed a fist into a nearby wooden chair back, which sent the piece of furniture splintering.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

To see him so angry actually brought some comfort to the Grand Duchess.  Ignoring the chair, she rose and stepped towards him.  Lifting her hands to his cheeks, she drew his face towards hers for a deep, emotion-filled kiss.

"I know you will.  In the meantime, we have to be smart about this.  I've agreed to pay him."  Among other things.  "He knows we're going out tomorrow...  You should circle back and catch him off-guard.  And once you've disposed of the letters, you can come find me..."

visualspice

"Pay him? Pay that fucking ass clown for what? Call off the mordecai and I'll burn his fucking ass alive, is what. That pig's going to roast on a fuckin' stick." It seemed the kiss only paused the moment for him to spit more fire, and at the suggestion of a plan, he eyed her over. "No, why wait? That fucker is as good as dead." And he began to stalk towards the door, with every intention of beating the pig senseless until he could no longer breath.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

"Dekka..."  Kathryn caught his hand quickly, trying to get him to stay a moment.  "He'll expect you.  He's not stupid."  Unfortunately...  "We need to be smarter than he is.  I can't lose you.  Not when I just got you back."

visualspice

Dekka turned to her, growling.
"And you expect me to fucking play that prick's game? Let's just end it here and be away from this god foresaken mess. You've seen it yourself, the fucking bull shit and blood shed your husband leads, not to mention the webs I fucking know that spider of an adviser is working. Fucking cock nosed shit head." And he was growing so pissed, his fist began to steam. And it was then he pulled away from her, confused at first, but then cackling angerly as he threw a punch towards the ground and let his entire arm flare up into flames.
"Seems the mordecai have got the fucking right idea..." And he turned from her again, the door just paces away.

Ivory

Kathryn swallowed and straightened, her expression grim...the very picture of a woman watching her husband go to war, and not expecting him to ever return.  "Be careful," she murmured softly.  "Please."

visualspice

With a nod, he turned to open the door, and saw an entire wing of guards heading their way. Closing the door, he swore.
"Fuck." And turned to Kathryn. "Got a sword?"
But with a smirk, he began to laugh, and laugh and laugh as there was a hardy knock at the door.

"Grand Duchess Kathryn! We heard there was a mage on this side of the wing! The mordecai are on their way!"

And still laughing, Dekka turned away from her and threw the door open, and flung his flaming fist into the first guards face. Well, if he was going to die, at least he'd go down in a flame of glory.

"Yeah, we got your fucking mage right here!" And in another throw of flames and punches, the next two guards went down two, leaving the final two who were flanking to draw their swords as Dekka growled, the flames creeping higher up his arm.

Ivory

It was almost too much to bear.  Kathryn watched in horror as Dekka charged into the guards.  Immediately, she stepped forward with one hand extended and her mouth partway open -- but what could she say that would help?

What could she do that would help?

Her hand fell to her stomach, pressing lightly against it for a moment, and then, without a word, she just walked away.  Numbly, she moved towards the only other exit her room offered: the balcony.  Softly, gently, really, she closed the door behind her, and, in spite of the chill, sat down with her back towards the room, her knees drawn up to her chest, and her face buried in her arms upon her knees.

This was it.  This was her life falling apart.  And she would rather freeze to death out here than watch.

visualspice

Catching a rotund shadow, no doubt  the adviser Vesrik Delcheux, had Dekka's blood boiling as it seemed the rest of his body was creeping into a roar of flames. The guards, undaunted by the display, cut towards the man quickly. But he was deft, even in his angered state, and avoided their blades and unleashed a ball of fire against both the men as they let out screams, dropped their swords as they fell to the ground, burning to death swiftly inside their metal armor.

Wiht the guards down it left little in his way, except as he was charging down the halls, he felt his flames snuff out- and the words that rolled out of his lips were so colorful, it made a rainbow seem grey.

The noise was enough to alert Valia, who snuck out of her room and saw the horror that was the pile of guards on the floor just outside of Kathryn's room, and she hadn't seen Dekka disappear down the hall, not that she cared, for her fear was only directed towards her sister as she called out, "Kathryn!" and moved to pound desperately on her door. "Kathryn! Are you in there?" Was she even still alive!?

Ivory

It wasn't until Valia would try the handle and step inside the room that Kathryn would hear her.  She shifted slightly to peer into the room, then rose to open the balcony door.  The wind caught her hair, swiftly undoing the long, blonde locks and tugging at them playfully as she simply stood there.

"You should go back to your room."

There was no reason for her to get caught up in this -- in any of it.

visualspice

"Kathryn..." Valia spoke, taking another cautious step towards her. "Is he...?" She dare not utter the words, for even as she spoke, Dekka's rampage found no bounds. You fucked with the King of Thieves, you fucking paid for it. Vesrik was as good as dead.

Fire or no fire, no one would stand in his way of revenge, and the single mordecai backed by two guards ran into view, they didn't have a chance to stop him (not that magic negation would) as his hook shot came out in a blast, and it's metal hooks clung to the chandelier above. Once secured, the man allowed it to sail him up and over the confused series of guards, before yanking the shot free and causing some of the melting candles to fall onto of the poor men's heads.

Not bothering to stick around, he took off down the hall quick as lightning, left, then right, and down through the mazes. He could hear the echo of guards, and the rush of movement through the halls, but it was a soft clapping that gained his attention as he whirled around and felt a blade suddenly piercing into his flesh.

Red, hot blood bubbled through his finger tips as he clutched around the wound and whirled around, finding himself coming face to face with the Grand Duke's crooked adviser.

"Such a swift and nimble one you are. No wonder you are difficult to catch," he said, teeth flashing just as dangerously as teh bloodied knife he now held. "But I wonder, what sort of price you have on your head now- considering all of the offenses you've wracked up in the last twenty seconds."

Dekka spat towards him.
"Fuck you, you bastard. YOu're going down, and if my head rolls in consequence, I don't fucking care!" ANd before Vesrik knew what was happening, the man was upon him, rolling fists through the air, one connecting to his cheek, the other across his jaw, then his eyes and his eyes again, and in his blinded moment, the rotund man struck out, slashing Dekka across the face. And when Vesrik opened his eyes, Dekka's green eyes pierced his own, and they appeared like flames from hell.

A boot swiftly met to his face, knocking teeth out before the same boot came to nail him in the gut, and the adviser was seeing white, writhing in agony and barely able to call out for help.

"You're going down, you fucking pig. And I'm going to be the one to gut you raw."
Though as Dekka moved down to yank the dagger from Vesrik's grip, the man surprised him with another stab to his body, and through a grunt of pain, Dekka yanked it out, then turned the blade over and moved to slash it at the other man's throat.

He wasn't sure how deep he cut him, but he knew he got a slash in, as Vesrik's eyes went wide while he clutched his throat, blood seeping beneath his hand. And just as Dekka was moving in for a finishing blow, a cry behind him had him jerking his head away.

"YOU THERE! HALT! IN THE NAME OF THE GRAND DUKE!!!!"

"Fuck." Turning back towards Vesrik, he watched as the coward of a man began to crawl away and growled. "There ain't no fucking way you're getting out of this one. Get back here you fucking prick!" And with guards at his heels, Dekka made chase after the stumbling adviser, and when he caught up to him again, he began to beat the shit out of him until he lay, practically unmoving upon the floor, and four guards had to come and tear the King of Thieves off.

Ivory

"The King of Thieves broke into the palace," Kathryn murmured softly in a calm voice with a neutral expression and her eyes seemingly focused on something far, far away.  In truth, the shock wasn't feigned; she didn't know how to process this sudden change in her fortune...  "And when the guards confronted him, he turned on them, and..."  A shiver went through her, perhaps partially caused by the doorway that remained open to her balcony behind her.  "He'll have to be executed.  Publicly.  If he survives the Mordecai."

And, honestly, she wasn't sure what would be worse.

(OOC: Not going to lie -- I was totes rooting for Dekka!)

visualspice

Valia's face scrunched quizzically at such a proclamation.
"Kathryn..?" she went on, evenly, carefully. "What do you mean. I thought... I thought he was our guest?"

Ivory

"Guests don't kill the guards, Valia!" Kathryn snapped, anger suddenly blooming in her expression.  That seemed to be the only bite she had in her, however; with a defeated expression, she sank down into a chair helplessly.  "Vesrik sent the guards to arrest him.  He has letters...letters that prove my infidelity.  And I threatened him.  So he sent the guards after Dekka."

Her eyes rose to meet her sister's.  "And I can't even help him..."

visualspice

Valia's lips fell open as her face went white, and even from here, despite them being unable to hear his cries, Dekka was roaring out in fury as the guards detained him, one punch to silence him, then a dozen more to bring him down to the ground. Like a hoard of a locusts, the guards grabbed onto his limbs fiercely, and smashed him clean up against the wall while they forced his hands behind his back and cuffed him.

There'd be no escape for the King of Thieves today, and despite suffering a severe thrashing from the guards, he fought every bit of the way to the prison. And into the prison he went, tossed in, half alive, half dead, and spitting up blood all over the stone grounds. He only had a chance to spare one glance towards the mordecai guards who slammed the iron bars closed in his face and locked it, and locked it twice. And as one mordecai peered down at him, promising the thief would seek death in the morning, Dekka flashed him a white toothed and bloodied smile, before spitting his way. And the guard hesitated not to use the butt of his rifle, smashing it into Dekka's face and silencing him to the ground.

"Check on the adviser, alert the other guards and check on the Grand Duchess!" The man barked out his orders as he stormed away, advising double the guards and mordecai remain here. This prisoner was not getting out. The King of Thieves would pay.

Ivory

Before the guards entered her suite, the Grand Duchess was, once again, wearing her mask.  Servants and guards alike were subject to her fury as she called for the imposter's head -- a man who had dared impersonate her dear cousin from Serendipity.  Publicly, she sent a hasty note with Molly to be taken, immediately, by messenger to locate her cousin to inquire of his health.  (The note and accompanying payment was, in fact, quite the opposite and destined for a different hand altogether...)  She herself called for a public execution come morning, somewhere the people could see what awaited those mages who dared to invade her home and attack her people and ordered the guards tripled on his cell...for all knew the King of Thieves had many, many tricks up his sleeve.  Vesrik, too, was seen to and cared for immediately by the royal doctors, with Kathryn inquiring of his condition, the dangers of his condition, and what could be done to make him comfortable.  In short, by the time the sun rose, the palace, the staff, and the guards had been in such a flurry of activity all night that they were unsurprised when the Grand Duchess announced that the execution would proceed without her attendance, for she had neither slept nor eaten and could barely hold herself upright without the help of her maid.

The march to the execution grounds were already well underway by the time a cloaked shadow slipped out the window of the Grand Duchess's room.  The shadow was swathed in black, with its face hidden but for a pair of feminine eyes peering out at the world.  It hesitated as it studied the side of the palace, then carefully began its ascent to the roof.

It moved carefully, pausing, once, when one hand slipped, then completed scaling the wall.  On top, it slung the bow off its back from where it had been stored and moved across the grand, sweeping architecture towards the battlements overlooking the square.  The three guards posted there, eyes on the execution below, received arrows in their backs, and the shadow replaced them there as the charges against Dekka Blade were being read out loud.

Already, in spite of the early time, the square was packed with on-lookers.  Guards and Mordecai stood at attention between the raised stage and the crowd calling for blood.  The shadow set the arrows -- both the ones it had brought and those of the guards -- down before it, then nocked an arrow and fired.

Dekka was just being led towards the stage when all hell broke loose around him.  The guards at his rear went down, one after the other, with arrows in their backs...and then, just as swiftly, the announcer fell with an arrow in his throat...and the executioner with an arrow in his breast.

Arrows continued to fall down on the guardsmen as chaos erupted around the square.  The townsfolk reacted as a panicked mob, pressing and fleeing alternatively with a mind of its own and contrary to all logic...and, all at once, the bound prisoner would find a knife pressed into his hand...and the guard that had drawn his sword to attack him also shot through.

"It's the Masked Mordecai!" one of the guards gaped, while his partner scowled a response.

"The Shrouded Swordsman, you fool!  Look at the cloak!"

"It's the Mordecai for sure," the first argued loudly.  "Look at the mask!  And he's too scrawny to be the Swordsman!"

visualspice

OOC: I love how Audric and Leif make trouble in other threads they're not even aware of <3
I also wonder if she had some help of Dekka's hook shot during any of this? Or at least has it on her person? <3<3<3

--------

The bell tolled in the early morning, ringing once and resounding in the air, an echo of the call to death. The sun was barely rising, the faint, yellow glow having crept through his cell window, but not with enough force to remove the morning chill from the room. And it was then the men came, grabbing the shackled man and pushing him forward through the open door of his cell, and onward he was commanded to march.

With one boot in front of the other, Dekka obeyed, not having much chance of doing anything except giving the guards a cold, sneering smirk as he was guided forward. He supposed, if anything, this was how he was to go. Either by blade or by noose, but a public execution excited him like no other,a nd the thrill of the fame after death was enough to lead him onward with little struggle. If anything, all that was happening here today was them securing his place for all eternity, to be remembered for being the fallen lover of the Grand Duchess in a time when there was so much hatred towards his kinds in her land.

But maybe that was the magic of their love,a nd why this 'myth' and 'rumor' seemed to be treasured, or at least highly acceptable among the masses to be carried through just about every corner of the land on whispers.

Yes, he was the mage lover of their Grand Duchess- the notorious King of Thieves that stole hearts, and stole treasures. And today, today well...
His execution would be stolen from him.

By none other than the Grand Duchess herself. And that much was evident to him as the men around him went down. His green eyes lifted slowly, spotting the subtle movements of shadows, and when one of the men nearest to him went down, he heard the other pair behind to argue before ramming an elbow into one of their guts, then the shackles into the other's face, before looping the chains around the guard that fell first, and jerking it taunt as the mans' face began to turn red, purple, and swiftly unto blue.

Funny how they guessed the small figure would be that of those ridiculous masked vigilantes he had so often heard about. But they were of little consequence to him now. ANd what would these men think? As they were offed by the very Grand Duchess herself?

Ivory

(OOC: That's the idea!  Also, I feel a bit bad I stole his exit from him...  D:  But Kathryn would have been so sad!

And, yeppers, I assuming she has some of his things, since he obviously didn't have time to grab them!  XD )

Kathryn's arrows found the other guard, then.  And another.  If he didn't move soon, they would close the gates and keep him trapped in the square...and then what would he do?

But Kathryn, already, was facing problems of her own.  A shadow fell over her, barely giving her time to duck a sword swipe.  She moved swiftly, knocking the man off-balance and sending him crashing down into the square below, then lifted her bow again to shoot down the man in the gatehouse.

Hurry, Dekka! she thought.  She was fast running out of arrows...and she had no idea how long she could keep her position...  More guards would be on their way...

visualspice

OOC: He was a bit busy being in jail 8D

----------

Once the way was cleared, Dekka hesitated not to leap from the gallows and onto the wooden balcony below it, iron chains rattled as he crouched into a land. Green eyes cut through the area, seeing the panic, seeing the chaos, then leaping full force into it. He landed iwth a tumbling roll amongst the crowd, and cursed himself when he dropped the knife. He scrambled to pick it up, but a horseman was upon him, nearly trampling him beneath his white beast as he heard the kiss of drawing steel.

It was at that notion he knew he had to act- and fast, and rammed himself full force into the horses side. It hurt like hell, but it was enough to jostle the horse and freak it out, as the stallion reared up on it's back legs and tossed it's rider onto the ground. And just as the horse came stomping back onto the ground, Dekka tried to leap onto the beasts back, but failed and landed hard on the cobblestone.

With a groan, he watched as the white horse fluttered away and swore out words between his teeth before pushing himself up off of the ground, and swearing again when he realized the knife was dropped a second time.
His eyes searched frantically for it, but as he turned around,t he swordman he had de-horsed earlier was now on his feet,a nd swinging his sword- directly at Dekka's head.

Ivory

What the hell was he doing down there?!

Kathryn's attacks slackened a moment as she watched, horrified, as Dekka threw himself at a horse.  His plan almost worked -- but it was not enough, and the thief was thrown back onto the ground with a man looming over him.

Having little choice, Kathryn turned her attention to the swordman.  Her first arrow glanced off his chain shirt harmlessly; she narrowed her eyes and drew back a second arrow.  This time, she aimed for a smaller target -- but one less-protected: his arm.  The arrow sliced into his wrist and caught there even as he brought the sword downwards towards Dekka's head...