Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Unwanted Assistance. [open nd, nm]

Started by Yvhv, February 04, 2014, 01:18:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yvhv

Sazha Looked at the ground below from her perch. it was still and quiet in the forest. nothing was making a sound. this absence of noise, made Sazha's hair stand on end. This was a rather large forest, and there should have been an abundance of noise. from animals fighting, mating, just existing. But not in that moment. All, was mute. No sparrows sang their songs. No deer were scraping for rut. No bears were roaring and growling over mates. just simple, deafening, silence.

"Something is not right in this forest.....All the wildlife has gone quiet......One of them must be near."

she said to herself.

She transformed from her human form, and into her hybrid state. The smooth, lush olive toned skin was replaced by black and cream tipped fur. her teeth became fangs, her fingernails, turned to claws. Climbing down from her perch with great flexibility, agility, and skill, she arrived on the forest floor. She cast a gaze into the sky, to check the time of day.

"It is nearly Dusk. Very soon, I should make camp." was the statement she made after she watched the sun.

She traveled north, for 2 more hours, and found a small clearing, where a large tree had a hollow  in it. not knowing the forest as well as she liked, Sazha was wary of sleeping in the open.So, she improvised. Calling upon the well of magic within herself, she cast a spell on her equipment that would last as long as she wished it to. This spell, would allow her to transform into her animal form, and her equipment would vanish into a pocket dimension, unless she summoned what she needed. she observed the tree, and found a hollow, in the middle of the tree. Transforming once again, she assumed the form of a small weasel, and scurried up into the hollow. Before sleeping, she cast a spell to hide herself inside the tree, becoming invisible.

She slowly closed her eyes, and fell into slumber.

it was 2 hours before dawn, when the tree shook, and awoke her.

"What the devil is this!?"  she exclaimed impatiently. That's when something reached into the tree. Something, much bigger than a weasel.

Wicked Basket

Lucian made the mistake of looking down and tightened his grip on the tree. He was not a climber. It was odd for someone his size to be afraid of heights. However, he was hungry, and he knew that fruit grew on trees. This tree, however, had none. He did find a hole in the tree though. Maybe there was something in there. He reached in and grabbed something warm and furry. Trees weren't warm and furry. He pulled his hand out of the tree to find his hand full of weasal. The small creature startled him and caused him to jump back, except he wasn't on the ground. Lucian fell to the forest floor with a loud thud.

Yvhv

Sazha was as surprised as the hand that grabbed her was that they had been lucky enough to grab her. the invisibility spell must have reached it's limits, or this thing that grabbed her must have had some sort of magical immunity field about them. at any rate, they fell to the  ground, she was NOT a happy camper. she bit his hand to make him let go, and struggled against his grip.

"let me go you stupid flesh heap!!! or ill rot your brain into custard!!" she growled.

Wicked Basket

Sazha's teeth failed to penetrate Lucian's tough skin, but it did get his attention. Lucian sat up and let the small creature go. He never saw a creature that could talk before. Lucian simply sat where he was and waited for.....something. He wasn't sure what he was waiting for; just something.

Yvhv

Sazha transforms into her hybrid form, looking like a were weasel, and snarls at him.

"whats the big idea grabbing me like that!?! you could have killed me you oaf!"

an icy glare emits from her eyes.

on several belts and straps and such are various weapons. she doesnt go for those though. instead, she lifts her hand, and speaks in an unknown tongue.

"Alderie, Graszrte Hymion"

a small sphere forms in her hand. she holds the sphere towards the creature infront of her, and it glows an unusual blueish red color.

"a demon. interesting. "

Wicked Basket

Lucian just gave her a deer-in-the-headlights look as she scolded him. Then she said something about a demon.
"What's a demon? Are you a demon?"

Yvhv

Sazha gave a look of vexation. how could he not know what a demon was? He himself was a demon...either he was daft, or, he was trying to play her. Sazha had many experiences with demons, and knew they often would try to play their way out of a situation. So why should this one be any different? She Sighed, and rose up her left hand. a faint purple glow emitted from it, and then a flash of light.

Within that instant, she tried to break into his mind. To learn the truth. She stabbed, prodded, poked, and slammed her will and mind against his, trying to gain entrance to the information she wanted.

"Give in!! Dont resist! comply, and i will not have to use more crude methods. it will end here."

Wicked Basket

Lucian's hands latched onto his head as he experienced the worst migraine of his life. Not knowing any better, his self-preservation instinct kicked in. He got to his feet through the pain, and backhanded Sazha. He then simply said, "That hurt. Why did you do that?"

Yvhv

Sazha stared in amazement that he had back handed her. she was filled with rage and anger, but also, with a strange sense of joy. she began to laugh hysterically.

"oh my my my, i believe, that i have now been given a reason..."

quicker than a human eye could catch onto, a glowing straight sword, made out of a material harder than diamond, but sharper than steel,  was pressed against his Adam's apple, the point resting ever so gently on the protrusion.

"You are not the first demon ive come across. in fact, ive slain many of you. i was trying to figure out who you are, and what you are. you are either lying to me and asking stupid, or.....you are just daft, and don't know what you are. and since most demons play the first option, im inclined to just finish you.....but. you have piqued my interest."

the blade withdraws, returning to whence it came from. she is about to turn her back on him, to retrieve something from her bags, when a noise in the air alerts her. she quickly turns, and tackles him to the ground, as a bolt of lightning pulses over head, right past them. she grabs hold of him and rolls, dodging another. by the time it's over, she is sitting ontop of him, with a hand raised, casting a spell.

She is interrupted though, and has to bury her face in his chest to avoid having her head taken off by another lightning bolt.

"This is really starting to anger me!"

Wicked Basket

Whoever this person was, they didn't seem human. And, after being threatened by her, he was ready to label her as hostile. As she was threatening him, she called him a demon again.
"Why do you keep calling me a...."
Lucian was cut off by the stranger tackling him to the ground as a bolt of energy flew overhead. She then flung him over and was sitting on top of him. Lucian was surprised that she could so easily fling someone his size around so easily. He also wondered who or what was attacking them. He couldn't see too well from his position.

Yvhv

Sazha has no clue she is straddling the person who had slapped her. Only that she wanted  to kill those who had attacked them.  She grabs a small item from her pocket and puts it in his hand.

"Take this and concentrate on it becoming a weapon. You're going to need it. I guess me helping you figure out what you are and why ive done what i have will have to come later." She , while still sitting on him says.

she quickly raises a barrier around them.

"Hope you like long waits."

Wicked Basket

Lucian looked quizzically at the small item in his hand. How could this tiny thing be a weapon? And what kind of weapon should he concentrate on? He had always used only his fists to defend himself. Obtaining a weapon had never crossed his mind. He hardly got attacked regularly enough to warrant carrying a weapon. Lucian looked at the barrier surrounding them. What was it they were waiting for exactly?

Yvhv

Sazha was still concentrating hard, listening intensely, when the ground shook. she opened her eyes.

"It's just as i suspected....We were being attacke by creatures known to humans as....Hob Goblins. In my home otngue we call them Graeshtaer- Gray skins. they stand only about 4 feet tall, and are kind of squat. However, they are adept in spear and staff combat, and they are also well versed in natural magic.Most commonly lightning, water, and fire. They also posses an uncanny ability to manipulate larger, dumber beings to do their dirty work...like the...as humans would say..."ogre" or how we say...Frashtaer- red skins. at least, where i come from, they have red or scarlet skin....and an affinity for living in mountains. and not bathing. like the one i smell coming this way....along side a slew of hob goblins."

she stands up, and draws her bow, prepared to let an arrow fly when the target gets close enough.

"Stay inside the barrier, and you will survive. Let them rush into it. They will lose their magic. Then you just have to get past the spears and knives. Leave the ogre to me, unless you are feeling brave, demon. If we survive, i shall want to learn your name, and ill tell you mine, alongside explaining things to you."

Wicked Basket

Lucian got to his feet and realized that this was going to be a fight for his life. The stranger had explained everything, but he still wouldn't know until he saw for himself. He just hoped his size and strength would be enough as it always had been previously.

Yvhv

Sazha looked him over very well, and saw that he was truly giant. but that wouldnt be enough. He had to be smart and quick as well.

"You are a fair size. but that will not help you here...in fact, it makes things harder. much harder. Hob goblins, use their weapons and magic to take on creatures at least 8 times their size. You are roughly a bit more than half...or double... their size....i dont know how adept you are in warfare...but i hope you've at least won a bar fight...."

Wicked Basket

"I have defended myself before," Lucian replied. "But I have never used any weapons, only my fists." 
Those hob goblins were sure taking their time. Lucian wanted them to hurry up so that the fight could be over and done with, but he also didn't want them to show up at all. And according to the stranger, his greatest asset, his size, would not help him. Things weren't looking very positive.

Yvhv

"Good."

Sazha wasnt at all sure of a total victory. she knew they would win...but probably not without some injury.

"Im going to refrain from using my magic and other abilities as much as possible...so that it's a fair fight."

She said. As she spoke, 45-50 hob goblins had now appeared. they were lightly armored, wearing crude leather. but they had spears and daggers and whips on them. The shaking of the ground became more potent, when a fairly large red skinned ogre comes marching in with them.

The ogre, all rights to the artist/photgrapher

In it's left hand, it held a large sper, and in the right, a large twin crescent shield. This sight gave Sazha pause, and she glared.

"How in the three nthers did THAT get here!?"

Wicked Basket

Lucian swallowed, but it was difficult with the lump in his throat. He sort of wished that he knew a couple of profanities to describe how he felt. He had been out numbered before, but never THIS outnumbered. It wasn't looking good.

Yvhv

She transforms into her weasel form, and crawls up to his shoulder.

"i want you to throw me in a high arch at that ogre. ill take him down. "

there was a tone in her voice that delivered excitement , and command.

Wicked Basket

"Um....ok."

The ogre was the big one right? Lucian grabbed the weasel, took aim, and threw her in a high arc toward the big thing. The smaller things would soon be upon him. This could end badly.