Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Wisdom and Apples

Started by magnaroman2013, February 04, 2014, 10:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magnaroman2013

Yorin sat under the shade of the apple tree. He picked a low hanging fruit and polished it against his cloak. This place seemed serene enough, He just needed to rest from the hard work he had been doing. More then that everything seemed to be about politics, Kill a Mage and please the Warrior God or worse.

He managed to make a small fire for himself. He picked a few more apples and set down a small pot. He cut the apples up and tossed them into the pan. He took out a small vial he kept of cinamon and sprinkled it over them, adding some wine from a skin, he let them start to simmer.

"Maybe I will meet somebody new today?" He said outloud.

Lorelei

Sanna stood under a tree perhaps thirty yards from Yorin.  For once, the young woman was wearing a dress, hoping to earn a little money with a performance here.  She had been fixing a string on her lute when she head Yorin picking the apples.  The rustling startled her slightly and she glanced up, her eyes widening slightly.   She approached the place where the man sat, from behind in an attempt not to be seen immediately.  "Hello," she said after a moment's deliberation.  "You could meet me."

magnaroman2013

Yorin stood up and offered a gentle bow, "Why hello there!"

He motioned at a spot by the fire. "You are welcome to join me? Can't offer much save what I am cooking. I have a little wine if you want?"

Lorelei

Sanna nodded her continued greeting and sat where Yorin had indicated.  "You needn't offer anything," she replied, adjusting her dress slightly.  "But since you are offering food, I would be more than happy to accept."  An invitation for a meal that didn't cost anything was a welcome respite from spending what little money she earned or foraging herself. "Is the wine good?" She asked hopefully, tenting her fingers. 

magnaroman2013

"Its a sweet wine." He smiled and tossed her the wineskin.

"As for offering food, Its sort of a thing we do where I am from." He opened the pot and let the armoa of the apples cooked in the cinnamon and wine woft out.

"My name is Yorin, What's yours?"

Lorelei

"It is a pleasure to meet you."  Sanna played with her ginger hair for a moment, unsure if she should use her real name or not.  She studied Yorin, tjen decided that he wouldn't hurt herself and even if he tried, she wasn't defenseless.  "My name is Sanna," she answered, opening the wineskin and taking a sip.  Oh, that was good.  "What brings you here?"  She drank some more.

magnaroman2013

"Really, just kind.. of... wandering." He smiled a little, then stirred the apple mixture around some. He took two small loaves of bread out and began to tear them up, dropping them into the mixture.

"Being from a nowhere kinda place, Feet felt like seeing the world. Seeing how I am attached to them, I am not in a position to argue. You are really are the first person I met except for some crazy folks down by a river on my way here."

Lorelei

"Well, we have something in common, then."  Sanna's voice had a wry edge to it.  "I am also wandering, although I am looking for employment."  She sighed, then leaned over the pot to look in.  "So you met some crazies?  How did you handle them?"  Now was a time, she thought to gain sone good insight into Yorin's character, provided he answered honestly, which she hoped she could tell.

magnaroman2013

He gave a shrug, "About as well as I could.. I was fishing.. an elf showed up.. then a bunch of bandits.. " He rolled his eyes.

"Worst part of it was I am not exactally the Freesword type."

Kriv

"AHHHHHHHH!" Tal screamed as he fell from the sky, as the young hommunculas neared the ground he saw a bright light, a flame, directly under the plummeting 19 year old's makeshift body. "Are you serious?" He asked sarcastically as he braced for impact. There was a loud crash as Tal landed in the blazing flame. He coughed as the dust cleared, he saw that his leg was on fire. "Well that's just great en' it can- can I get some medical attention over here?" He asked.

Lorelei

Sanna's eyes narrowed a minuscule amount when Yorin explained, finding the answer not quite as informative as she had hoped it would be.  Again, she checked the apples in tue pot, fighting the growing hunger inside of her.  Tal's scream startled her so that she lurched back and fell over.  One could hear her stream of curse words from a ways off, to be sure.  Almost indignantly, she rose and brushed herself off.  "Who was that?"  Her gaze fell on Yorin for a possible explaination.

Kriv

"Anyone out there!?" He yelled, patting the flames on his leg. He looked to the side to see that his right arm was impaled with a stick. He let out a large sigh as he saw 7 figures approaching. "This day just keeps getting better." He muttered sarcastically.

magnaroman2013

Yorin looked a the ...thing....

He wouldn't know how to help it even if he was a Cleric. It survived a fall from the sky.

"I don't know but the responsible thing would be to check. But really I am not a healer."

He rose up and said, "Lets go and see what is happening... Everybody says this is an area where you can't get hurt." He sounded sarcastic.

He then said all seriously, "It is the right thing to do isn't it?"

Kriv

Tal sighed, he turned to the empty glass bottle next to him. "I was just starting to like this body." He muttered as it fell to the floor and, inside the empty glass bottle was a black entity with one large red eye. "It looks like there's another campfire over there, maybe they'll be more friendly." He thought as he rolled towards the other fire.

Lorelei

Sanna shrugged.  "Right and wrong aren't all that different.  Besides, does it really matter?"  She folded her arms and took a few steps toward Tal.  "Although, that almalgamation of horrors resembles the beasts in my nigtmares."  The last sentance came as a mutter with a sneer.  In all honesty, Sanna wasn't intent on helping Tal, though he seemed to be approaching, so they'd soon find out if he was hostile.  "Just wait," she said to Yorin, alhough she wasn't going to enforce the order.

Kriv

"Well that isn't very nice to say." Tal said, the glass bottle he was inside knocking against Sanna's foot. "I worked hard on that body, it's like, THE ULTIMATE tool!, my left hand can cut down a tree, my left eye has night vision, my left le- you know it seems like the left side of my body out ranks my right I'll have to work on the balance there, point is, don't talk down to my body." He explained. "Anyway, my corpse is about to get thrown into some river and you twits are doing nothing!" He yelled. "Now get out there and save me!" He commanded.

"I think I'll pass." Sanna said kicking Tal's bottle away, it burst open, Tal's makeshift soul flying wildly and into the wine skin.

"Ugh, dude are you trying to kill 'er or something?, this stuff is wretched." He said the wine skin vibrating with every word. He made a string vomit sounds with the occasional cough. "It's like a moose defecated in sugar water." He complained, this awarded him a shake from Sanna. "Owww." He whined.

Lorelei

ooc: Emoticons cannot describe my feelings.  Please never decide what my character does for me.

ic: Sanna kicked the bottle away from her.  "I don't care about how "interesting" your body may be."  Her expression borderlined rage at Tal's order.  "No," she decided firmly.  "Leave me be."

Kriv

OOC: Sorry :-[

"Fine then, I'll find a way to save my body myself." Tal said transferring his soul into a nearby tree.