Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Rather Livid Birds (Open) [M]

Started by Kriv, February 11, 2014, 10:07:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kriv

River landed with a soft thud as he fell through the portal. He got up and dusted himself off and fluttered his wings to make sure they weren't damaged. River looked up at the sky and saw a bird flying, it seemed to be getting larger. "Well that's strange." River muttered to himself. He then realized that the bird wasn't getting larger, it was getting closer. It was getting really close.

"Ballocks." River thought in realization. He then waited until the bird got close and he shot himself straight up and took flight, sending the bird crashing in the dirt. "Ha ha, don't mess with the River if you can't swim upstream!" He shouted at his attacker. Apparently, his predator heard this, turned around at flew after River. "My big mouth." River sighed. The chase went on for about an hour, then River saw a small pond. River then turned around stuck his tongue out at the bird and stopped flying.

River plummeted about 7 feet before hitting the water. As River landed in the pond he felt his energy replenish, and his heart rate slow down as he drew in oxygen from the water. A plan started forming in his head. As the bird landed to investigate, River could barely contain his laugh as he waited for the bird to fall into his trap. When the bird got as close as possible to the water, River let out a large guffaw as he shot the bird with a larger geyser of H2O.

River arose from the water, his white hair glistening, yelling a battle cry of triumph. He looked around, "I guess this is as good a place as any to set up a shelter." He confirmed. By the end of the day, River had completed, not a shelter, but a large lodge (Relative to his size), a full kitchen, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and a nice living room with a relaxing fire place. River, sprawled out on his bed asleep, was awakened by loud foot steps. "Who is that?" He thought to himself.

Wicked Basket

Lukas approached a river and examined the water. It seemed safe to drink. He knelt down, cupped his hands, scooped up some water, and drank. He needed a place to rest and this was as good a place as any. It was right next to a river too, so he could wash himself, his clothes, and have a source of clean water. He set down his backpack and sat down beside the river.

Kriv

River sensed water being tampered with. "There is a disturbance in the force." He said to himself. River got out of bed put on one of his navy blue robes and flew out of the door. About 5 minutes later he had gotten to the location of the disturbance. River saw a man sitting by a stream. By River's standards he was a giant. "Hey!, fe fi fo fum, stop messin' with the water!" He yelled at the man.

Wicked Basket

Well, it HAD been peaceful.

"I'll do whatever I want with the damn water. I don't see your name on it," Lukas shot back.

He came for some peace and quiet, and now there was some water-loving lunatic yelling at him.

Kriv

River blood began to boil, and so did the water, turning the gentle stream into a moving hot spring. "Piss off you ungrateful little twat!" River yelled sending a giant org of searing hot water crashing over Lukas' head. He may have been 6 inches tall but River could down a bear with a thought so some guy wouldn't really be a problem. But this wasn't just some guy, he had managed to survive River's attack, which wouldn't be possible for a human. "Just what are you?" River asked the stranger.

Wicked Basket

"I am not one to be trifled with," Lukas replied. "Don't even try your little party tricks. You know you can't  harm anyone in the Meeting Place."

Of course Lukas knew that the protection only applied to those who weren't armed, but maybe this guy didn't know that. For a little guy he had quite the temper. He had nearly boiled the river away. With any luck, he would soon leave.

Kriv

River contemplated on what he should do "This guy knows more about this place that I do, I should probably buddy up with him." He thought to himself. "Okay, let's make a deal, I provide you with food and shelter and in exchange you tell me everything you know of this place." River bargained.

Wicked Basket

"I already have everything I need," Lukas replied. "And how could you live here and know nothing about it?"

Lukas was skeptical now. Was this a trick? How did someone not know about the Meeting Place, especially when they live there? Then again, being an ex-angel, he did know things that others wouldn't. He would just have to talk to this guy some more and find out, unfortunately. He hated talking to people.

Kriv

"Alright you brought this on yourself." River said raising his hand to the sky, suddenly the sky got cloudy, and it started hailing. "Start messing with the water again if you change your mind." River said smugly.

Wicked Basket

"How about I piss in the water, small fry? What would you say to that?"

So, he wanted to play hardball. Very well then. Game on.

Kriv

"Alright then I don't usually use this but you've proven to be a complete douche." River said annoyed. He conducted the water with his hands and it encased Lukas and froze, leaving him trapped, then mire water came out of the river and turned into hands, emptying the contents of Lukas' bag into the river and they were swept away by the current. "Later." River said triumphantly as he flew off.

Wicked Basket

"This is supposed to be a peaceful place you little bastard," Lukas called after him.

Now all his stuff was gone. To make things worse, he still had his sword and knife, so the protective powers of the Meeting Place would not free him. He would squash that thing if he wasn't in the Meeting Place. Lukas sighed. He would just have to wait for the ice to melt. Good thing he was immortal and had plenty of time.

Kriv

River knew that the man would cave eventually, so he got to work on a log cabin. He hummed as he worked. About 12 hours later he finally finished. "I guess I should go check on him." River thought aloud. When he got there he was surprised at the state of the ice. The man didn't even make an effort. "Hey, you." River said sarcastically as he thickened the ice in his trap. "So how's it going?" He continued in his sarcastic tone. "What's your name anyway?" He asked flying to the top of the ice and sitting on it.

Wicked Basket

"You really just thickened the ice back up? What is wrong with you? What could you possibly gain by keeping me here? I have nothing for you. You threw all of my stuff in the river. Who goes and throws a poor man's hard-earned possessions into a river?"

Kriv

"Well you have information, information I need if I'm going to survive out here." River explained. "And I offered you salvation but you said, and I quote, "How about I piss in the water, small fry? What would you say to that?", so this is your fault prick." River stated.

Wicked Basket

"You're kidding right? It's literally impossible to not survive in the Meeting Place. It's the safest place you could possibly be. However, since you're so bent on prolonging your life, here's a tip: don't attack strangers. I honestly don't know why you thought that freezing me would get you answers. I have nowhere to be, I have no commitments, I have nothing. You aren't depriving me of anything by keeping me here. Keep me frozen all you like, you'll die before I do. I've already lived for 125 years, and have plenty more to go."

Kriv

"You provoked me." River started. "Whatever, I came to this place by accident anyway, I'm only 15 so how the hell should I know? Anyway, I'm moving you closer to my house, it's getting boring flying here." River explained lifting the ice into the air and making it hover to his lodge. He then made it rain so Lukas' prison wouldn't melt. "Talk to you later man." He yawned flying back into his house.

OOC: I hope our characters don't have such a rivalry in The Kingdom of  Vlazdovistok. :P

Wicked Basket

Lukas sighed.

"I still don't get the point of this," he called after him. "What exactly is this supposed to accomplish besides waste time?"

Kriv

The rain muffled Lukas' shouting so River was able to get some sleep, he dreamed of pretty girls and food. "That's it!" River thought deviously. As the sun crept over the horizon River darted out of the bed in search of attractive women and delicious food. He came back a 20 year old woman who's name was apparently Diane, and a turkey. Diane was still convinced that River was playing a sprite game with her when they reached his lodge. "Now this man is very sad, and very lonely, he is also a twat, and I need you to cheer him up." River asked Diane as he took her blind fold off. When Diane looked like she was about to refuse, River pulled off a level of cuteness equivalent to a dog and a cat eating a cheese burger together on the lap of an angel surrounded by babies.
"O-okay I guess." Diane said as River clenched his fist in triumph.

Wicked Basket

Lukas sighed.

"Kid, you need friends, a hobby, and common. Miss, I'm too old for you, but while you're here can you get this kid to let me go? He's been holding me against my will because I drank from a river that's not even his."