Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

City of Dreams

Started by visualspice, February 13, 2014, 05:20:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Ketra- beautiful Ketra!

The sun was beaming down on the city in rays of gold against a clear blue sky, and made the entire place shimmer like a dream. Tall buildings stretched as far as the eye could see, and the hustle and bustle of city life made the streets come alive.

Adjusting the travel pack over his shoulder, Ophen Mystus took all of this in with a beaming grin of admiration. His blue eyes swept across the sights, the sounds, and the smells.

"Wow, have you ever seen a city so big, Pib!?" The dwarf dragon, who was curled up on his shoulder, gave an uncertain series of gargled noises as it gave a worried look around.
"Why, I bet they have all sorts of goods from around the world sold here! But I still can't believe it- we've made it to Ketra!!!"

But Ketra seemed- all but too fast for the hulking man, as he stood near seven feet tall, (and though most Adelans were rather tall themselves...) he still remained a head above the crowd. Not that his towering form metered a cart driver from nearly running Ophen off the road with his donkey.

"Out of the way!" the man called, and Ophen did all he could do to step out of the way in time, but still managed to feel the rush of the wagon pass by in a hurry, it's wheels popping and bobbling over the uneven cobblestone.

Rubbing at the back of his head, Ophen gave a shrug towards his now cowering dwarf dragon on his shoulder.
"Hey, chin up little guy, we just need to pay more attention. I didn't meant to scare ya!"

And speaking about paying attention, that's exactly what he wasn't doing when he suddenly took another step into the road- and stumbled right into some poor unfortunate soul. He didn't even know who or what they were, but his sudden- "WOAH!" came along wtih his flailing arms as he was set off balance and went stumbling into a nearby wall. Whomever it was he had bumped into he now took protectively into his large arms, his grip powerful, but safe, while the rest of him knocked bodily into a nearby wall which- cracked at the sudden impact and ... uplifted unnaturally, like a tree being  pushed over and cracking at the roots-

ANd down the wall went, like a domino piece, and it fell forward, into a second, lower wall, which it took the full force of the impact and tumbled over as well, domino fashion until it was taking down  a third piece of the city's wall layers with it, too- And into a pile of dust he and the stranger lay- forcing Ophen to cough in a fit.

As the swirling brown smoke began to settle, his coughing did too as he looked down at the woman in his arms where- both he and she, were now covered in a sooty layer of fallen wall debris.

"Hey.. you alright?" he asked, blue eyes peering down at her.

OOC: PM me if you're interested in joining this thread! It's ope by request- and maybe YOU can put your lady in such a predicament :D
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao