Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Stealing Hearts (M)

Started by visualspice, February 15, 2014, 06:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

She didn't expect that and the pipe collided with her head and she was down, falling into darkness, with a pool of blood collecting beneath her skull.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"Look what you did to my wife!" Adaron howled dramatically.

"Your wife!?" one of the men said, standing back, horrified.  "She said you were attacking her!"

"Oh, posh!  She always says that when she doesn't get her night cap!  She's drinks too much, and gets delirious.  In fact, this isn't the first time I've had to chase her through town."

Adaron reached down and pulled Aurora's head gently into his arm to inspect the gash the pipe had done to her head.  He plucked her up, the men still wary of him, obviously unable to determine if what he said was the truth.

"Look, are you sure you're her husband?"

"Of course.  I would never assault a woman in my life, let alone this lovely creature.  And if any of you get any bright ideas, I'll turn you to ash!"  Adaron scowled at the men and pushed them aside, holding the woman along, her hair having come undone and cascading down to the ground in a red, curly cape.

If she did awaken, and somehow survived that blow to her head, she might wake up in a small backroom of a tavern, a room hidden behind a liquor cabinet in the back of the bar.  Adaron was sitting over a table, inspecting something by candlelight.  Her clothes would be slumped over the side of the bed and a wet cloth draped over her forehead.  What he was inspecting exactly included many of her effects.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

When she awoke, she had the worst headache of all time, ever. And once she realized how severe it was, she kind of wished she hadn't woken up! And where the pain radiated from, she reached back to touch her skin, only to wince as she realized the flesh was tender and the skin over it, bound with gauze.

Guaze?

She couldn't remember what had happened, at least not in the moment, but as her eyes focused on the room around her, she notice someone looking through her things. At first she considered it might have been her father, but as she continued to stare...

"What on EARTh do you think you're doing!? Get your hands off of my spectacle soul-assisting spectacles right this MINUTE!"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Adaron looked up at her from his perch at the table and gave a small smirk.  It was a bit smug.  "Oh, you're awake.  Good, that means you didn't die."  Obviously, of course.  He wouldn't have thought anything of her spectacles if she hadn't said anything and instead pulled them in front of him.

"I'm looking through your things," he said, stating the obvious once more.  "Peculiar, and very interesting."  He held them before his eye, his good eye and looked over the room, and even her. 

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Aurora was.more than irritable, for she knew the glasses would probably show him nothing, especially when it looked at her... It would be as if she wasn't even there...

Lion

"What peculiar things indeed.  Soul-assisting you say?" he asked, and when they hovered over her, he saw as if she were fading from sight, and pretty soon she wasn't there at all.  But when he removed the lenses, he saw her plain as day and blinked at her.  "Soul-assisting.  What does that mean?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Oh, I'm sure its beyond you, now give those here!"

Lion

"Why don't you just explain it to me? I'm sure I would understand better than you think," he said. "Why be interested in a map only for its ink?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"It's that exact questioning that makes me defer answering. Besides, I haven't the patience and my head is killing me."
And when she moved to rub her skull, she winced. The skin was very tender there and she had to wonder, as she gave him a suspicious look, just what did he do to her to get her into this state!

"But you need to answer me some questions first!" she pressed. "Like, how did I get here, who the hell are you? And why am I here? Its not like you have any reason to care for my desires for the ink on the map."

Lion

Not the patience to explain?  He sniffed in amusement. As if she was in any position to negotiate. She might not even have a head if it hadn't been for him.  Ignoring the fact that he had can the initial cause of her headache to begin with.

"Perhaps not. But you have plenty reason to answer me first," he looked at her with narrow eyes.  "The map is mine. But could you possibly desire only the ink without thought as to what these directions lead to?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Aurora simply looked at him, pride getting in the way.
"A fool's treasure that'll lead him to death, that's what."
But inwardly she was kicking herself. She was so excited about the ink she hadn't considered the possibility of there being a gold mine of dust where X marked the spot.

Lion

"Is it because you're empty inside?" he asked gently.  The glasses had reacted strangely to her, as if she were dead.  And yet she was clearly not.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"What?" She laughed dryly. "You can interpret it as much as you want if it helps you sleep at night. Now stop asking questions, my head is splitting and you're trying my patience."

Lion

"I can finish the process of you'd like.  And it's be quick. But I can't promise it'd be painless."  Adaron's eye glittered and flashed, light ready to burst out at any moment. "Or you can be straight with me and answer my questions."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Aren't you the flatterer? I bet you learned well from your parents on how to treat a girl right."

Lion

Adaron just grinned at her, perhaps even slyly and he stalked closer.  "I know how to treat a woman, lady or not. And you, good woman, are no lady."  He took a seat beside her and examined her spectacles. Closely again and his eye flickered and a small light emerged from it, assessing the exact nature of the glasses.  "Enchanted. Clever girl."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

That cheeky grin... he really felt he had a one up on her, didn't he? She stared at him cautiously. Oh, how she wished she could remain so coy right now. It made things easier. She didn't like being vulnerable. It was..... too human for her.

"Well, if you have any ounce of manners, you'll do well to return to me my things."

Lion

"What things? As far as I'm concerned, these are my things now. Finders keepers."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Well! Touche! She couldn't say she didn't understand that sentiment, considering what she did for a living. But she always felt what she did was well... different. This poor one eyed man probably at least had his soul. He couldn't understand the complexities of what she sought. And she had no desire to share it with him, either.

Setting her jaw, she looked the man over.
"Very well, but I doubt it'll do you much good."
Again, he probably had a soul, so things comprised of 'dust' would mean little to him. Even still... creating those spectacles was NOT cheap and were hardly an easy thing to create out of the synthetic enchantment machine her father helped her concoct! Wouldn't he be more than a little upset to find out she lost it to another thief after the same 'heart'?

Lion

He scowled at her words and took the spectacles in hand.  He had half a mind to crush them.  But instead he gave them back and went back to her other gear.  "What's your name?"he asked while rummaging through the pockets of her clothes and splaying out what coin she possessed.

"You're the Antiquities Thief aren't you?  I think I've heard of you.  To think we'd ever appear in the same place debuting ancient artifacts."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Tags: