Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Stealing Hearts (M)

Started by visualspice, February 15, 2014, 06:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Yes, but which do you think would draw more attention? You knowing my actual name.. or you calling me thief?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"I'll wager calling you Thief," he said.  "If you do not wish to give me your real name, a suitable alias will be fine.  I'd rather not call you Thief, to be honest. It isn't very nice."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

"Oh? So you see yourself as a nice guy?" She asked, amusement in her tone.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"I said no such thing.  I merely ask for something to call you.  So what'll it be?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

"Keep your end of the bargain and lead us to the real heart... and maybe you'll get more than my name," she teased. Being able to do that helped lessen the sour in her spirits because well..
It at least gave her some power as she was scrambling to realize in this arrangement, she had none.

"And don't take it personal but... I don't do well working as a ... team. I don't really like it. It complicates things too much. Life is.. much easier when you only have to look out for yourself."

Lion

Adaron put his hands up, shaking his head.  "You don't want to give me your name, fine.  I'll give you one.  ...Fiona.  There that works for me.  Now let's get out of this city."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Aurora made a face and looked at him.
"Fiona?" Was he for real? "And just where are we headed anyway, magic eye?"

Lion

"Back to the desert of course," Adaron replied and shrugged.  If she didn't like Fiona, she was free to suggest something better at any given time.  As it were, he was moving quickly through the city, thankful to already be on the outskirts.

And when they reached the stables beside a guard tower, he was the first to mount a horse, a black steed that didn't seem to mind his new rider.  The old instincts came back and just as he heard shouts of "HEY!  STOP THAT HORSE THIEF!"

He was already out the gates, riding like the wind.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Back?" she looked the man over. She supposed he was a traveler, much like herself. But she supposed she shouldn't be so surprised- except she was. And she had no idea what to do with the fact there was even someone out there remotely like her-
Thank goodness he had that strange eye thing. That was used as a symbol ot her that clearly- this man had to be some sort of a robot!

But when the stealing of the horse happened, she couldn't believe she was just left to eat his dust! Coughing and waving it away, she rushed to the closest horse, a stubborn white speckled mare who was NOT having any of Aurora's demands, as she continued to pull futilely on the reins.

Lion

Adaron only stopped long enough to peer behind him and when he saw Aurora struggle with the stubborn mare, he whistled sharply.  The black horse danced in a circle and only then did then did the mare bolt off after the other horse.

Adaron waited but a second longer before turning around again down the road.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Nearly knocked from the horse, the mare bolted out of that place like lightning, and was soon gaining on the gem eyed man's tail. Thankfully by then, she had things in control, but the jerky start did nothing to calm her nerves as her wild mane of red hair bounced in the wind.

Lion

And soon Adaron had to fight to keep up with her! The stallion was more than happy to follow the mane, huffing happily in her wake. But Adaron got a mouthful, of red hair and forcibly spift it out.  He supposed there'd been no time to bundle it up.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Who knew how long they had been running, but she didn't dare stop until she knew for certain they were no longer being chased. They had already left the city and taken to the wilds, where the pair were now trotting lightly into a clearing hidden deep behind a cove of trees.

A small, meandering stream cut through the middle of it, wth tall sweet grasses her white speckled mare took as its dinner as Aurora dismounted the horse and looked around.

"I think its safe to say we lost 'em."

Lion

Adaron stopped the black horse in time, giving him scritches along his mane before dismounting.  He wouldn't say it was safe until the city was far behind him.  The Riverlands could extend for miles, though following this particular stream could lead them out to the next settlement.

But for now it'd be a good place to rest and wash up.  Adaron leaned down into the water and doused it over his face.  "You hungry?" He gestured to his bag filled with provisions.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Aurora wasted no time in scooping up the water. It looked clean enough, but she pulled something out from her spectacles and dropped it in the water, looked at it, then proceeded to drink and splash her own face with it, patting down her cheeks and neck and exposed flesh with it.

"Well, I'm thirsty, that's for sure, and thankfully this water is clean. And feels good on the skin."
She used the back of her wrist to wipe some excess off her forehead before looking over at him.
"And why do you ask? Getting hungry after all of that running for our lives bit?"

Lion

She didn't have to tell him it felt good on the skin.  Just feeling it on his head and the back of his neck provided a great deal of relief and soothing sensations spreading all through out his body.  He sat down by the water and brought the leather bag forth.

"I wouldn't say I'm hungry.  I'm only asking if you are.  This is our only stop for about thirty miles.  We'll follow that stream to the next village.  Restock.  Then be off again.   I hope you don't mind sleeping on the ground."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She gave him a look and huffed, "What? Do I look like some useless waif who'd have a bad back after sleeping on twelve mattresses over a dried pea?" She gave a flick to her hair.
"I've traveled enough to know how to make due with what I got. Though I won't lie, I'm normally well equipped than I am now. I'm not exactly dressed for any such occasion."

After all, the dress she HAD worn was meant to be eye catching and in no means versatile for an adventure. And she had only a few items on her person that could help her on where ever this mission would go.

Lion

"So what are you suggesting?  That you can't keep up?  Or that you have bad fashion sense?  And if must ask if you look like a waif then you must clearly know the answer to it," he said, half-grinning and turning his over to view their mounts.  Two horses would be useful.  But if Adaron wanted to make the distance set for them before two day's time, they'd have to think of something better.

"We share a mount.  Pull the other one along.  When one is tired, we switch horses and ride the fresh one.  We'll get there faster that way.  But from the looks of you, you don't really seem keep on sharing."  And at that he grinned.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She gave him a hard look.
"No.." she brushed a bunch of hair from her face. "I don't... and I can't help it. The out fit comes with the territory. It wasn't like I was at that fancy party with the assumption I'd soon be digging in the dirt. I twas to be a quick job, you know. Get the heart, get out, and no one would get hurt."
She rung out some of her hair that she splashed too much water on, while still staring at him from the corner of her eye. Then she looked back to the water.

"Then again, I think you and I have completely different logics and purposes for that Heart. ANd the way we tackle our goals.... it's as if we've evolved from other worlds."

And she didn't bother to look at him as she moved to tie some of her hair back. It really was a big frizzy mess. And she loved it, but hated it at the same time. It could be quite the inconvenience at times.

Thinking over his proposal on the horses, she frowned.
"Yes... I'm not exactly fond of sharing on any accounts."
But she didn't out right say no to the idea. At least not yet.

Lion

"Indeed.  And who's to say our worlds are so very different?  The world's all the same all around.  You look like a traveled woman.  I should not have to tell you something you ought to already know."  He sniffed thoughtfully and went to securing the provisions in the bag to the saddle of the black horse, who was already getting more than a mouthful of grass.  It made a soft noise and returned to eating.

Adaron came back to the water and pulled off his shirt, dampening the cloth and wringing it out in powerful hands.  "But you said before you didn't want the heart.  You just wanted the dust.  Which I gauged from your expression to be the correct assumption.  You say an awful lot for someone who does not divulge much information."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn