Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A bar of social freedom

Started by pryatama aphrodite, February 22, 2014, 07:26:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wicked Basket

"Home," Anzio said wistfully. "It sure looks like a nice place to live."

Anzio himself had never really had a home, or a family for that matter. Anzio quickly realized that the memories were returning and he forced them back down and returned to his cheerful state.

"You hungry?"

pryatama aphrodite

Dam her and her constant worry for the littlest of things that didn't freaken involve her! She swallowed, already plunged to a state of lenient darkness with a smile dismissing any possible form of enjoyment. She tried again. A grin faking her cheer and bright glow provoked by extra, enhanced glamour. "Sure. Are you?" Around that time, she patted his arm, and returned it to her side, where her tail curled inward, and around her lower half in what was a lingering habit. Pretty well put, and everlasting.

Wicked Basket

"I don't eat around other people because then I would have to take my mask off. I've got to protect my identity," Anzio replied.

That last part didn't come out sounding as sure as he wanted it to, but maybe she wouldn't bother him about. Then again, she clearly noticed the home thing because she had put her hand on his arm. His mask was to hide himself from others, to keep them from seeing his facial expressions and figuring out that he was holding something inside. If anything, his mask was a cork that prevented the contents of his soul from spilling out.

pryatama aphrodite

She sure as hell noticed. Everything was her video, providing constant updates. He didn't hide anything well from her, for she could still see his eyes. That... Is something one would be careful to control. Those looks... Loneliness, creeping sadness, all like her own.

She most definitely would keep that all to herself. Wouldn't breathe a word about the mask, and make him uncomfortable. More then he probably already is. She has a knack for disturbing people, even those with the toughest stamina.

Wicked Basket

Anzio chuckled. However, this wasn't like the other times he had laughed. This one sounded sort of hollow.

"Not much gets past you does it," he asked already knowing the answer. "I appreciate your not bringing it up, but I'm not sure that there's a way around it. Not that you'd want to hear about the humble beginnings of an infamous outlaw."

pryatama aphrodite

"A charming outlaw. And I'm willing to Lend an ear should you need it." Her bottom lip snagged between her mostly straight, semi pointy teeth. "But you don't have to." The last part was hastily added. Feigning a smile sure meant nothing now, but of course, she did it anyway. His sake, not hers. She must look like a flustered fool. That thought bringing forth a blush she strived to avoid. Composure seemed to be foreign to her as of now.

Wicked Basket

"Yes I do," Anzio replied. "If I don't, you might die of curiosity. Curiosity did kill the cat you know."

Anzio sighed deeply and stared at the counter.

"I was an orphan, well technically I'm still an orphan. I lived in an orphanage and have no knowledge of my parents. It was a very poor orphanage. We hardly ever had anything to eat, and our clothes were rags. I wanted to help, so I started stealing food and giving it to the other orphans."

Anzio paused and sighed again. At this point it was really obvious how big of a lie that smiling mask really was.

"One day, a man that I had stolen from showed up at the door. He wanted me to be brought forward so that I could be punished. I figured that the other orphans would cover for me, you know, because I did so much for them. They turned me in immediately. Those little bastards."

Anzio stood and turned his back toward Khainley in order to compose himself.

"Those ungrateful little bastards!"

Anzio hurled a stool across the room in anger.

"After everything I did for them they just throw me out like trash!"

Anzio sighed a third time and simmered down.

"I jumped out the window and ran. I've been by myself ever since, and have never trusted anyone."

Anzio turned and faced Khainley again.

"That's my story," he finished solemnly.

pryatama aphrodite

Khaki let's lips parted, eyes wide. It wasn't a reaction to the anger. But to the excruciating pain she saw, that took control of his simmering gaze. Speechless for a beat, she was reminded of her own story. One she had every right to tell.

"I was once the victim of a car wreck. Not my doing, but my nested of freinds. Once was enough to cause my fathers anger. He had let her and me borrow his car. One he loved more then life itself... Even me..." Unlike his mask, her fur had no physical protection from tears. One slipped, down her cheek, to her chin, where it dropped. Chrystalline, and pure. Wetting splotch to her chest fur. "He beat me... A bottle to the head twice knocked me out, woke up, tied to a desk chair, with staples in my knee, clearly accidental. Since he was drunk... I had no mother to stop him from..." She sucked in a shaky breath, with an equally unsteady exhale. "From killing me."

pryatama aphrodite

Wicked Basket

Anzio suddenly felt that his own story was nothing compared to hers, and he was overcome with a sudden urge. He decided to go with the urge. He walked up to Khainley and hugged her. He didn't know why. It just seemed appropriate. Her fur was really soft. Anzio had  never really been hugged before, nor had he hugged anyone before now. It felt nice though.

pryatama aphrodite

She paused, not expecting this reaction, since no one really cared. But eventually, she looped her arms around his middle, and snuggled against his chest. Relief coursed through her. His story had slowly killed her for the second time. This one internally. She felt his pain. Having been thrown into an alleyway after her father killed her. Eventually, since kirn healed fast, she was back. And bruised to all hell. Lest not forget the pain. If he were to press a hand to her lower back, he would feel a scar running diagonally, left, across her spine. From where the knife insertion happened.

pryatama aphrodite

Wicked Basket

Anzio hadn't put any thought to what he would do after he hugged her. Should he say something? Should he let go? Should he keep hugging? He didn't really have much knowledge on women since he had lived alone pretty much all of his life. Part of him didn't want to let go and, since that's the only lead he had, he went with it and just kept hugging.

"You're soft," he said softly.

pryatama aphrodite

"I am?" She was humoresque by the tell tale of his lack of women knowledge. Obviously, if he wanted to disengage the hug, then he w should. She never meant to cause discomfort.

Wicked Basket

"Yes."

This hug sure was lasting awhile. Anzio decided to let go and took half a step back.

"Sorry, I.....I don't know. It just felt like the right thing to do just then."

pryatama aphrodite

She inclined her head in what was famously known as the 'submissive' pose. "It's fine, really. I needed that... S-sorry if I... Caused you to be... Uncomfortable..." Again, not the best at conversing and such.

She took a full step back, flustered nature teetering the point of no return. Did she do something wrong? Was it too long a hug? Was she not supposed to talk?

Wicked Basket

"No, no, it's fine. I'm just not used to hugging. I never really got any hugs," Anzio replied. "You didn't do anything wrong. You were wonderful."

Wait, what? Did he really just say that? Anzio blushed bright red beneath his mask. He couldn't believe what just came out of his mouth.

pryatama aphrodite

Well, that made her stop all movement, thoughts... Did he call her... "Wonderful? I wouldn't say that." Crap, she didn't want to correct him. Wait...is she... Did she just internally admit it was something she wanted?

Wicked Basket

"Why wouldn't you," Anzio asked. "You're the first person I've ever talked to that actually cares. I would consider that pretty wonderful."

While the compliment had originally been involuntary, Anzio knew that the only reason he had said it was because it was true, so now he was going to stick with it. 

pryatama aphrodite

She had to press her hands to her thighs to stop them from shaking. "Same to you." Her voice was small, tight. How could a conversation once flirty and fun, turn dark and awkward so fast?