Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A bar of social freedom

Started by pryatama aphrodite, February 22, 2014, 07:26:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wicked Basket

"Do what," Anzio asked confused.

pryatama aphrodite

She was deadly. He seems so oblivious. The look on his face... More like in his eyes... Made her smile. She was amused at his lack of knowledge. For she would only answer him with a wink.

Wicked Basket

A wink? What was that supposed to mean?

"That doesn't really help me much. I'm a dumb orphan, remember?"

pryatama aphrodite

The smile slipped, like paint melting from a canvas into a blur.

"Don't talk shit, Anzio. You and I know we'll enough that you are faaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrr from dumb."

As if to prove her point, impulse in a domination, she hugged him again, cheek pressed against his chest. "Never have been, and you never will be." The last line... Was a whisper.

Wicked Basket

Anzio returned the hug. He liked this hugging thing, and Khainley was just so soft and warm.

"The orphanage couldn't afford to school us," Anzio said. What he said next was said in a whisper.

"I can't read or write."

pryatama aphrodite

She froze. Yes. She was soft, but the lining of her muscles could surely be felt under her fur now, even though they were small. "Anzio," she asked softly, "would you like to learn?"

Wicked Basket

Anzio chuckled softly.

"I think I'm beyond the point where I'd be able to," he replied. "I just never really needed to read or write to rob places, or maybe I'm just too lazy that I never got to it."

pryatama aphrodite

He lips curled into what is familiar as the expression marking a person taking notice of exaggeration.

"Sometimes, you can act so weird. I am lazy, and still make time for the essentials... Like, ya know... READING!! Writing ties into that. What happens when you want to..."

Her lips pressed into a line. About to suggest writing to a family member, or reading a newspaper. Both of which, would be responded with the infamous 'don't need to do that' phrase.

Wicked Basket

"Want to what," Anzio asked.

He knew that literacy was useful, but he had already made it this far without it, so it must not be all that important. Right?

pryatama aphrodite

She stilled, thoughts racking her brain only temporarily, before shaking her head twice. A gesture meant to assure him the subject was discontinued, and confirm her dislike to where her thoughts were leading.

"Nothing. Nevermind. Not everyone wants lessons."

Wicked Basket

"I see," Anzio said simply.

Secretly though, Anzio was still curious as to what she was going to say. He was also still waiting on that mysterious dangerous thing that she had been talking about. He was hoping to get to jump off a building or something.

"So, are we still going to do something dangerous?"

pryatama aphrodite

"There's a place called Twilight Island South of here. It's in it's own pocket dimension, though I know a way in. It has a volcano. Thought we could go swimming in molten rock fer a while."

Wicked Basket

"I thought you said dangerous, not suicidal," Anzio joked. "Can you even do that? Is your fur fireproof or something?"

pryatama aphrodite

"Hey. Dangerous and Suicidal have more similarities then differences..." she muttered. Then half-smiled at him at the mention of her fur, and the power she doesn't possess.

"No. I am as flammable as you, if not more. But did I not present a spell not fifteen minutes ago?" The event that started the awkward period of time...

Wicked Basket

"Did I not present one to you as well," Anzio replied.

Well, this was getting boring again. Time for fun.

"You know what? I'm going to jump off the roof!"

Anzio turned and headed for the door.

pryatama aphrodite

But he was talking to nothing, for she was already in a ninja crouch on the chimney. Overlooking his leave, as the breeze took to ruffling her glistening fur.

Wicked Basket

Anzio nearly fell off the roof in shock when he saw that Khainley was already there.

"How did you get up here so fast? Can you teleport or something?"

pryatama aphrodite

The stunning reveal and doubletake caused laughter to bubble up and pour from her lips. Hysteria. "No! I can just move decently quickly."

Wicked Basket

"Ok. So you're super fast, really soft, you can make fire pictures, is there anything else I need to know about. Are you going to start flying or something?"

This was no ordinary woman. Well, besides being a cat there was something very different, something hiding beneath the surface. Anzio needed to find out what. He needed to.

pryatama aphrodite

She looks at him with a glint in her eyes, but doesn't answer.

Instead, she slowly rises, and triple flips to a treetop, where the ninja crouch comes into play again. This time, she doesn't register if he's following her. Instead, she plunges into the sea of dark trees, and appears on the doorstep of the bar again. Picking at her cuticles, chest rising and falling at a normal pace. Not at all tired.