Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Along Came A Spider (M)

Started by visualspice, February 25, 2014, 05:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

She gave a snort.
"I'd say slit his throat, but it seems like you wish to complicate matters." And she crossed her arms across her naked chest, and gave him a rather stubborn glare.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Cambie

Erwin arched a brow at her.

"Me, complicate things? I'm running a Duchy, not a circus. We have laws here, and they are not to be broken. Now, if you want to tie him up, ask him questions, whatever... do it. But you spill his blood and then we have problems."

Her stubborn glare was met by his own steely gaze. It really was hard to tell what he was thinking.

"Do we understand each other?"

visualspice

She leaned her body and head the other one and kept her gaze locked to his.
"If I tie him up, it'll be as a corpse. It'd be easier that way, you know. Laws are meant for keeping citizens in check, and I'm no citizen. Neither is he. And he deserves to be dropped to the bottom of the sea."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Cambie

"Laws are for anybody who steps into my Duchy. That's final."

He folded his arms across his chest. "I don't understand your relationship with this man, and I don't care. If you want to kill him, load him on a wagon and ride elsewhere."

visualspice

For a second, she kept her glare, then gave a short, sputtered laugh through a dark smirk.
"Don't tempt me, Duke," and she poked him in the chest, before pushing her shoulder angrily against his as she walked past. "Besides, I think you're forgetting something. You're on the road with a thief. Who says I care for laws, yours or not?" And she began to go through her things she had discarded by the bed.

Cambie

Erwin let out a soft sigh as she forcefully brushed past him.

"I should've just left you out on the ledge,"
he muttered under his breath. Poor Hilda. Her compassion had cost her life.

visualspice

"Tch, you're the one responsible for me being there to begin with," she growled, then lifted up a blade swiftly and pointed it directly at him.
"And here I thought we had an alliance... well, at least an understanding," she said with a dark grin. "After all, you chose to ride off with me. What were you expecting to achieve with that?"

Cambie

Erwin barely even glanced down at the blade, instead choosing to focus on the angry gleam in her eyes. His exhales became longer as he fought to control his own bubbling anger.

"Threatening a Duke is a crime, but I'll choose to forget it this time. As for our understanding, it goes a little like this. Have all the little tantrums you want, but my word is final. I will not hesitate to have you sent back to the jailer."

With a wave of his hand at Jarod, he added "If you dislike this man so much, then we can leave him here, be gone and be done with it."

visualspice

She gave an exasperated laugh and lowered her blade.
"You know what. Neither is worth the hassle. Why don't you keep him." And her eyes continued to be fiery as they bore into him. "Consider it my payment to you... Your highness." And she moved to get redressed.

Cambie

"As far as I'm concerned, he's just another man. Your issue, not mine." Albeit an unconscious man who probably wouldn't wake up very happy. But then again, the hatred was between him and Mae'leena, not the Duke. To be honest, he didn't even really care if she slit the man's throat. Sure, he'd have to send the guards after her, and her fate would be sealed. But that wasn't his problem either.

"At least you have your bag back," he muttered as he too went to put his clothes back on.

visualspice

She gave a laugh. She couldn't believe.
"What the hell do I care about a bag? It was a waste of him time, really, and a hell of a bad lie to try to get close to me." And here, she peered down at Jarod with a frown before kicking his body and turning away.
"Bastard."
She wish she could kick Erwin, too.

Cambie

His clothes back on, Erwin sat down on the edge of the bed to lace up his boots. "You actually think he came all the way up here to kill you? Maybe you're just overreacting."

visualspice

"Tch, over reacting?" She glared over at him. "That's what any man would say."

Cambie

Erwin shrugged.

"He sounded genuine to me. But I'm no expert in thieving and lying."

visualspice

"No, you're just an expert at uncaring," she spat. "Oh so selflessly giving yourself away for your duchy." Ha! As if the man never lied in his life! Oh Duke Erwin, the saint!
"I owe this man nothing. Except maybe to dig his eyes out with my blade." And that was her being generous. She still wanted to slit his throat.

Cambie

That comment made Erwin bristle, and he stood up so fast that he winced from the pain in his side. He pointed an accusing finger at Mae'leena.

"You think I asked for my position? That I wished for the Carwicks to die, and then for my own father to die? No, I had the unfortunate luck to be thrust into this role, but I'll be damned if I don't put forth my best effort and see this Duchy run properly. But you wouldn't understand that. You don't know the first thing about duty and loyalty. It's people like you who make my job harder, who make everyone's lives more difficult."

With a scowl he stomped over to where Jarod lay, dragged him up and dropped him, still unconscious, into a chair. By the time he was done, the anger had disappeared from his face, leaving just that icy stare once more.

"I'm going to wait for him to wake up, and hear what his story is. It's probably more compelling than the bullshit you spew."

visualspice

"That just depends on what sort of bullshit you buy. You get what you pay for." And she moved to gather up her things as she headed for the door. She wasn't going to stick around for this. She was no fool.

Cambie

Erwin remained sitting on the bed, though completely dressed by now. He watched her stomp toward the door and muttered under his breath, "Good riddance..."

Maybe finally she'd stop giving him such an incredible headache. He'd rather deal with Jarod than her.

As if on cue, the man stirred slightly in his chair, with a small groan.

visualspice

She stiffened in her rage, one hand grasping the handle of the door. But it was brief, and she didn't bother to look over her shoulder as she threw the door open, then slammed it shut.
And it was then the man coming to muttered the words weakly...
"Mae'leena..... please.... I didn't know." But he was still delusional, as he groaned again.

Cambie

"Don't bother, she's gone." Erwin said quietly to the still-recovering man. His eyes glanced over to the now-shut door, then back to Jarod. The dagger sat on his lap, his hand hovering over it just in case.

"And I think it'd be best if you were gone soon."