Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Along Came A Spider (M)

Started by visualspice, February 25, 2014, 05:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Yeah well, what's it to you? I'll hang either way so don't think this lips are talking."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Cambie

Erwin gave an irritated sigh and closed his eyes, placing a hand on his head.

"You're not getting hanged. But I suppose if you wish to languish down here for the foreseeable future, I'm more than happy to oblige."

Being Duke of Wulfbauer really was cursed.

visualspice

"Oh yeah? If you don't hang me, who's gonna stop the guy who's name I ratted out?" She folded her arms more huffily across her chest.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Cambie

He looked back up at her.

"If more of your friends decide to break into my home, and I don't care what their reasons are, rest assured they will join you in this dungeon soon enough. Or put to the sword, whichever is easier. This is Wulfbauer Keep, not a damn circus. I will not have the sanctity of this place broken over some little dispute over a stolen jewel."

visualspice

"Join me?" She wrinkled her nose. "I'd rather you keep that man out of my cell." Not that she was going to relinquish her stance. She was not telling him anything!
"Besides, I already have such lovely company as yours, what else could a girl ask for?"

Cambie

"A little civility wouldn't hurt, but I guess that's too much to ask," he retorted in a soft voice before giving the cell bar two small pats and turning away.

"I'm afraid I'll have to take you to dinner another time, my lady. Tonight, you dine alone. When you're done antagonizing me and my household, and wish to actually talk, you can let one of my guards know."

visualspice

"Pfft, you might be waiting forever on that one, love!" And she gave a childish huff towards him as he left. ANd after she did, only then did she get the sinking feeling that- she was sort of being an ass.
But being left to her own devices, she was soon growing bored and whiny- and realizing how foolish she had been- she decided to take the risk and called out to the guards.
"So the tall dark and 'andsome fella, you know, the duke? Yeah, tell him I'm ready to talk." She said with a huff. "But tell him it'll be on my terms!" And the last part was called after the guard who was shakin ghis head as he left. "MY TERMS!!!"
And after the man left, she hmphed and crossed her arms over her chest and returned to ants-ily leaning against the cell wall.

Chewing on her lip, she mulled over what she was going to say.
Maybe an apology.
HA!
Maybe in hell!

Cambie

After he left, Erwin spent several hours more awake, sitting at a table in his room as he went over more reports from across his Duchy. Everything he read painted the same picture: the impending winter looked to be the worst in years. And with so many men still away from home on military duty, available labor was scarce. He'd have to make some hard decisions soon.

Not long after he blew out the candles and fell asleep, a guard stirred him from his slumber. The whispers into his ear brought a scowl to the Duke's groggy face, but nonetheless he rose from his bed.

He followed the guard down now, dark rings around his tired but awake eyes. Rather than the regal clothing he'd worn the other nights, this time he had only on a simple linen shirt, a thin coat thrown over the ensemble to protect him from the chill of the prison.

As the guard closed the dungeon door behind him, he approached the girl's cell with an arched brow. "Do you thieves not sleep?"

visualspice

Not expecting (nor, perhaps, realizing) at what hour she had made her call, she couldn't help but smile- and even laughed at him as she commented, "Nice sleep shirt."
Her eyes were even sparkling over his slippers.

Cambie

Erwin glanced down at his attire, but made no look of embarrassment. It was hard to tell if he even was embarrassed. The top few buttons of it were left unbuttoned, exposing the top part of his chest.

"It does its job," he replied, stepping up to the bars and peering in. "Now, you have me awake and listening."

visualspice

"Yeah but..."
She was trying her best to repress a laugh.
"I thought all you fancy folk just wore satin to bed."
And the little part that was unbuttoned was a nice touch. Her eyes lingered there as she gave him a leery once over.

Cambie

A thoughtful look crossed Erwin's face as he considered her words.

"Perhaps some Dukes that you've robbed before," he said with a shrug. "We in Wulfbauer like to be a little more modest."

An ironic thing, given that half his shirt was open.

"People here don't flaunt their wealth. They're humble and dutiful, as they should be."

visualspice

"So I guess they flaunt other things?" she purred, staring at his chest.

OOC: lol

Cambie

He chortled slightly, but made no adjustments to his attire. This was his house, after all. And he certainly didn't need to impress her.

"I was asleep. But in any case, I make no excuses. I am not ashamed,"
he replied, glancing her up and down. It was hard to even call her attire clothing. "And apparently, you have no shame either."

visualspice

Mae'leena saw that look and scowled.
"What? What's wrong with my dress?"

Cambie

Erwin arched a brow at her. "What dress? You mean that napkin you're wearing?"

visualspice

"What do you mean napkin?" she snapped. "Besides, it's not like I'd let you use it as your napkin or anything."

Cambie

"Nor would I let you let me," he said with a sniff. "At the very least, it would need to be washed. You too."

visualspice

She folded her arms across her chest.
"What did you expect? Toss me into a filthy cell, of course I'll come out all dirty." She wrinkled her nose. "I coudl go for a bath. A nice long, hot bath full of oils." She sighed. If only.

Cambie

"Perhaps I could offer you one, as a courtesy," he said, returning to that overly serious look of his. Sometimes when he saw himself in the mirror, he wondered if he wasn't a statue.

"But that depends on what you want to talk to me about, at this late of an hour."