Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Flirting with Death

Started by pryatama aphrodite, March 04, 2014, 11:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryatama aphrodite

You hear that?

The distant rumble, to which caresses each step we make? Always in lead to it?

The Chasm. A beautiful, deadly imagery. A walkway, meant to part the middle. Look from side to side, the current acting like a nature-cast yin and yang. To the left, lies the smooth, gentle waters. Only in a ripple when a drop pierces it's surface.

But over, right, can't you see the change?

Here, rocks jut from god knows where below the frothy water's surface, creating the illusion of rapids. The mouth of a waterfall, with an inconsistent spray that coats your form, and warns you to keep a well thought out distance. Some attitude, huh?

Oh, but protection is included, my dears. For the only reason one of you suicidal kittens hasn't tried anything, is because of the barrier. A wrought iron railing, cylindrical in horizontal, and vertical stocks.

So, why do I dare show you this? What on earth is the point of this?

Weeeeeeeeeeeeell, look to the frontal part of the area. There lies a doorway, leading to a room. Walls reduced to stained, tan cement, cracks having no specific alignment, and quite frequent. But tables light the fire. As does the ball of reflective squares priced side by side, forming a sphere. Disco dancin, baby!

A DJ table engulfs the back wall in black plaster, and iron. Web of wires jutting from the right side, and connecting to an extension cord bearing many slots. No touchy!

Last, landing the tour, is a corridor. We like to chide, and mess around. Fighting... Affection... Ya know, getting touchy feely. There is where the shadows will welcome you. Swallowing whatever actions ever present from now, till this place falls.

Do enjoy. I know I will

*Chuckles darkly*.

pryatama aphrodite

She came for peace. She traveled for serenity. She is consistently in need of time like these, to which one could flirt with death. She took to a lean not so safe from anyone's hindsite. Finality exclaimed the mention of her movements. To which she only ignored. She was her own person, and her inner flame licked at her anger, and lapped up her frustration. Chest pressure merely growing.

Ever present, and never changing, was the only description she could make of her habit. Tail taking an inward curl around the bottom half of her form, brushing and disturbing damp tufts of pink fur, as the spray from below decorated each strand with crystalline droplets. Promises of 'soaked to the bone' wetness should her mind make no move to relocate her.

Such a thing would be a fine outcome, though. What could it hurt, aside from her silky fur?

Bringer of Fenrir

"By the gods what fey creature are you which god do you serve!?" Hjaldi stood in surprise looking at the pink creature. "Such color would give away any predator in my homelands. Although you must have some sort of advantage.." Hjaldi caught himself quickly "I apologize i mean no insult i am not from these lands so i am not used to the beings of these lands and skies..." Hjaldi bowed in a deep manor. " I am Hjaldi Wrothgarsson of Fjeltland."

Hjaldi showed himself openly. Hjaldi was a giant in comparison to all men around them. his skin was pale almost blue in the right light, long hair pale blonde his armor was leather and chain mail. But over it was his normal clothes and pants belts holding bags and knives of all designs. on each side hung two one handed blades of unique design and runes on each blade. with a bow and a wooden shield on his back.  Also wearing a large red trench coat with black fur covering the top of the coat and collar. The fur was in stark contrast to his pale skin and light hair color. Truly he was a barbarian as he stood, no towered over other men around him. And yet he held himself as a noble... a civilized beast would beast describe him.

pryatama aphrodite

Khainley jerked from her inner conversations and mild mannered reveres to focus enough on the figure that appeared to her right. A man of great height, with width to balance such a size, and clothes atop chain mail? Of course, looking to her disarray of pink fur, soaked a bit with droplets littering the floor like sprinkles to a cake, she couldn't really judge.

"Oh!" She blushed with such intensity that it burnt a bit to the extent that she had to use her damp paws to cool them. "I-It's ok, sir! I wasn't offended," she assured, her voice pitched high and pouring innocence. For her soul was angelic, and purified of damage. "I'm Khainley. Khainley Meliorn or the Kirn."

She extended a paw cloaked in silky fur to shake her greeting rather then voice it, as she smiled shyly.

Bringer of Fenrir

"Greetings. but still a name me for your race is what i asked not a name for your person." Hjaldi struggled with the words in his mouth his accent thick. "I am frost giant, as well as human you are?...

Hjaldi over looked her... he did not know what to call the female creature. Hjaldi was just curious of the beast person. And possibly have a party member or even a opponent for a spar. Hjaldi smelt the air as he was around her... He couldn't sense anything truly off about her nor did he sense anything off. He suddenly noticed she had her arms stretched out. reaching down Hjaldi took her hand in his shaking gently as he could as the size difference made it difficult to do so. "Why are you here? what is your quest?" Hjaldi asked trying to gauge this being.

pryatama aphrodite

"I offered my name because you offered yours. A sign of respect on my part. But I am a Kirn. A creature known to humans as 'cat woman' if you will." Her tail took to a curl around the bottom half of her form. A habit I breakable permanent. Not that she ever payed mind to it. It added a sense of security to her vulnerability felt all through her life up until her true love stepped in. Anzio... She missed him...

"And I have no reason to be here aside from a bit of calm..." But why here when Anzio's embrace works a hellova lot better? she thought to herself! heeding no indication she'd been thinking it on her expression, which stayed shy.

Bringer of Fenrir

Hjaldi looked down to her now looking amused. The thought of a cat and human... some how the thought amused Hjaldi... yes he had to admit he was barbaric and vulgar in many ways. "I am sorry the words of this language offer more a challenge then warriors of these lands..." Hjaldi laughed at his joke. "You wish quite? shall i leave you lady Khainley?"

A howl haunting and ominous sounded in the distance. Hjaldi looked up and out past the trees and the realm it would seem. "Calm..." Hjaldi whispered.

pryatama aphrodite

Khainley looked inquisitive. Brow raised I question as she peered at the place he was looking to, seeing and hearing nothing of the abnormality... But was it beyond her skills of sense? A long shot, but still quite possible, for she beared little indifference to anthros of the fox species. And she needn't point out the fact that 'cat human' as opposed to 'fox girl' was inaccurate in describing her.

"I do not own this place. So stay if you want to." With that, she crossed the main concrete bridge, looking to the right as the frothy water sprayed her face in a misty manner, before passing through the doorway leading to the party. A clamber of bodies on the dance floor, many situated at the bar, and even more in the hallway she cared not to investigate.

She padded through the room, politely muttering her "excuse me's" in turn as she passed, before leaning against the back wall.

Bringer of Fenrir

Looking down Hjaldi noticed she had left him. Odd little as she was Hjaldi looked around in hopes of finding something interesting or maybe even a brawl or fight Hjaldi looked around trying to goad certain mean  into a fight. Hjaldi looked around seeing the odd little cat female. "So why are you hear? looking for an adventure?" Hjaldi asked jesting in a way sitting down beside her. on the ground for the frail chairs around him would have surely cracked and broke beneath his weight. looking over to her now slightly shorter then her. Hjaldi looked inquisitive even through his rough scared face and facial hair, he still had a almost child like smile to him he was a warrior and barbarian but he was still gentle and kind. 

pryatama aphrodite

She giggled a bit at his inaccurate line of questioning, and the childish smile she often used. For one couldn't tell, just by her appearance, that she was fully developed for her kind. Thus why people take her as a child, and pity her like one. "No sir," she said respectfully. "Just hangin around a bit."

Bringer of Fenrir

"Truly? odd place for a young woman to just..hang?" Hjaldi didn't quite get the term hang... Odd way of talking this creature has... "Hjaldi looked back to the room and began to speak. "Honestly i am hear to drink but these drinks are mere water to my tongue, and hoping for a brawl or maybe someone looking to hire a frost giant as i for ... work?" Hjaldi lifted his cloak to show his blades in a none threatening manor. "I'm a sell sword after all make a living off of ending life... heh" Hjaldi laughed at his own joke.

pryatama aphrodite

She paled below the pelt of pink, clearing her throat and looking away. Instead locking gazes with a dancer that looked oddly familiar. He flashed a grin, and continued slimmed his elegantly dressed partner, vanishing among the rest. "Strange..." She muttered distantly.

Normally, she was perceptive. But today just wasn't doing it for her.

Bringer of Fenrir

"know him" Hjaldi had caught the glance but only momentarily "Or is he just wanting to dance with you?" Hjaldi looked down over the dance floor. "Maybe you should dance with him i am much to large otherwise i would ask to dance and skip feet with you. But i am more likely to crush a person then woo them with my movements and beating steps?" Hjaldi was still new to less used words. Hjaldi began to hum a song to himself. Looking around. "Come on you bastard! Show up..." Hjaldi thought scanning the dance floor again. 

pryatama aphrodite

She saw the male again, but his back was turned as he practically threw his partner across the floor. "No... He doesn't want to dance with me. He has a partner," she said as she gestured to the female at the center of the floor. Beautiful and curvy. Khaki key's dream body...

"Anyway, I could fix your uh... height issue if you wish to dance with the rest of 'em."

Bringer of Fenrir

Hjaldi looked to her in slight curiosity and also with a hint of insult. "Nothing is wrong with my height i am proud of the blood that flows through me." Hjaldi softened his expression slightly. "No it is they who have the problem all being too short and squishy." Hjaldi joked scanning the dance floor once again seeing the man toss his partner across the field of dancer's then a glimpse. The one who Hjaldi waited for was there a pompous man with a glare in him of sickening humor and the ees of a skimmer. He made his way around the party Hjaldi never let his sight fall from him for more then a few moments...

"What magic do you possess to be able to make my height drop?" Hjaldi began to start skimming he had an idea it may work depending on the creature he spoke too.     

pryatama aphrodite

Her eyes followed the boy of mysterious familiarity as well. It was so hard not to stare at the center of attention. The way his body moved so swiftly, as if it was merely second nature. And the woman who moved with cat-like grace and precision... It was all a dance of death, and the little pink kirn knew It all to well.

"I didn't mean to offend. But I do possess the ability to minimize physical aspects such as height, width, weight, and many others. I was just pointing out a skill of mine should you wish to become one of those dancers. It looks fun..." she said, the last line quiet, and most likely drowned out by the thumping of the music reverberating off the walls. Again, her eyes clung two the boy, only then realizing five inches of the tips to his hair were a vibrant blue.

Quite hard to tell in the strobe lights.