Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Rules update!

Started by Rhindeer, March 19, 2014, 03:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

The rules have been cleaned up, and a couple of points have been clarified. :3 So if it's been a while since you've read the rules, or you've yet to do it ( :P), go ahead and give yourself a quick refresher!

Note on God characters and characters from other worlds:
Currently existing ones are considered grandfathered in, so no worries! But no new ones will be accepted.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Tak

No more gods? Noo.......

What do you mean Grandfathered in?

Rhindeer

By grandfathered in, I mean the ones that are currently being played are still allowed to be played! 8D No one has to get rid of any characters they're already playing. ^^
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Brisinger987

What? So no more extradimensionals? That means I'm left with very few character ideas...

Rhindeer

The characters needing to be from SotE's world was actually always a rule. xD; In this case, announcing the rules update was a way to remind people it exists!

Brisinger987

Oh... Ok... That's made life for me much harder...

Tak

Quote from: Hormagaunt987 on March 20, 2014, 01:16:32 PM

Yes, as it is for me and some other Godly-enthusiasts.

visualspice

Quote from: Tak on March 20, 2014, 11:05:34 PM
Quote from: Hormagaunt987 on March 20, 2014, 01:16:32 PM

Yes, as it is for me and some other Godly-enthusiasts.

Well, if you think of it- it makes sense. Gods could more or less break SOTE's pre-established world (this breaking the rules), so powerful characters would have to go through the admins anyways for approval, just like the main rulers and ruling houses have to go through them as well as any other large site wide event. However, the admins have made SOTE very open creatively, so you could always play such characters in the Open Role play section anyway. So it still doesn't stop you from rping such things, just ones in the main canon locations.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zane

It is a common known fact that I have one of the largest (if not the largest) pool of godly/transcendant JCs and NJCs, I greatly approve of this. Gods and immortals have always been a niche of mine, so the ban on new god characters forces me to get out of my comfort zone and grow as a writer.

This is also useful in quelling disagreements in lore. I have noticed this a few times, as characters develop their parthanon and the stories behind their gods, the general consensus is for paths to diverge. This can cause arguements and strianed relations between members.

I truely do see this as a good thing, and when the plots evolving around my Gods finally close. I will probably be retiring the most of them.

Yvhv

alright. i shall nix the development of the "gods" i was working on. does this mean i have to delete the wip thread of my swarm and theuir extra dimensional queen as well? i mean, she i s mentioned in the swam's app, but, i was going to make a seperate app for her, so that way she could be better explained...and what of the character i have that worships and is commanded by the custom gods i was going to bring in? does this mean i cannot use them at all, even as non registered npcs? and, what of the races i was registering? am i not allowed to mention their gods?

Rhindeer

EDITING WITH A BETTER EXPLANATION AS PROVIDED BY TALLY! xD

You have a lot of freedom of creation for characters!  Powerful characters, even god-like entities are welcome!  But we must ask for no omnipotent, all-powerful, capital-G Gods who are responsible for the creation and upkeep of time and space and life itself. xD  Give your powerful characters an upper limit!

So in other words? You're fiiiine! 8D

Tags: