Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

THE RISE OF THE SLAVES OF ESSYRN

Started by visualspice, March 20, 2014, 08:02:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anadwen

visualspice

As a random comment, we should have this happen to Agrian looool
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

zozee9

Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Alegretto

A new character is up and ready for threading. His name is Mal'hin Suros and he's the captain of the palace guard, which means he's in charge of Essyrn's small official military. Think of him as the police chief. XD

Oh, and he's a traditionalist who will always support the Shah so he's gonna be against slave freedom. He's also made a lot of enemies among any of the corrupt merchant families.

zozee9

IT'S NA'IL! She's the former best friend and (still) cousin of the Shah! They are, however, very different. For those of you who have not read what I wrote earlier in this plotting thread, she will be on the side of the slaves... though just how much she participates is a secret. In other words, I eventually want her to be pretending to be a slave (and most of the slaves won't know she isn't). She does this to learn about what they need and to be able to get information out of them. With this, she will use her connections and strength politically to help the rebellion in any way possible. So she'll be leading a double life.

If anyone is curious, I want to get her in a relationship with one of the slaves. <3 I don't want it to be a perfect relationship in terms of pure perfection, but I want it to be a relationship that will help her grow and that's full of love. So something that will work out in the end. Let me know if you're interested! <3
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

visualspice

ok I think I got everyone XD
If I forgot any characters or threads that need posted here, let me know!

I also added my latest character, Aïda to the roster~
She's not really on one side or the other, but would preserve what is traditionally the law while she herself, eyes up ways to steal the throne from her half sister.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Klezmer Gryphon

Arrrggh! Am I too late to get a character in on this?! I've got one in the works right now; a soft-spoken gryphon slave named Evander. He's not entirely done yet (thinking about putting his master as an NPC unless someone asks otherwise), but there he is!

visualspice

The event isn't closed so no, you're not too late 8D
In fact, it just got started :3

But before I add his name to the roster- what side would he be on? Is he for or against slave freedoms?

Klezmer Gryphon

He's on the fence at this point. Long story short, he would certainly enjoy being free of his obligations as a slave, but he's not quite sure if it would be for the best.

Edit: While having Evander's master as an NPC is all well and good, I feel it'd be better if someone else were to play his master/owner/whatever-you-want-to-call-them. I'm not picky; kind, evil, or indifferent works for me.

visualspice

IT HAS BEEN UPDATED.

Please check out the threads listing section to ensure I got your threads on it. I was trying to keep the threads in some sort of chronological order- so I need ppl to PM me about when their particular thread takes place- is it BEFORE or AFTER the first gladiator fight where Agrian denies the Shah her first ordered kill. (Since this event is a big deal and the first step into the slaves acquiring any sort of signs of 'power'.)

Also two new threads were added!
Love Is An Open Door
and House of Reeds.

EDIT: And this one, too: The Fate Changer

Alegretto

CROC HUNT!!!

So seasonally, the crocodiles that inhabit the rivers around Essyrn go into a breeding frenzy. Their numbers increase rapidly and they become extremely territorial and aggressive. Also, incidentally, those territories they protect swell in size to include certain inhabited areas. This is, of course, a problem, and long ago it became important to hunt these crocodiles down to a reasonable population size. It used to be the job of the royal guard, but the crocs are dangerous. And huge beyond reason. Too many guards were lost fighting them and it was deemed a waste.

Fortunately for the rich, there was another source of warriors to pull from. The colosseum fighters and slaves. The croc hunt quickly became a tradition and an extension of the colosseum circuit. The wealthy merchants and government officials watch under heavy guard as the slaves of the fighter's arena hunt the dangerous beasts in the shallow waters of the Niafi river banks.

This year is no exception, and croc hunting season is starting up again. Many important people and many slaves are going to embark on an expedition of pain or pleasure, depending on station. Of course, things may not go the same way they always have this year. Things are in the air that might make this time, different.

(More details about this sub-event will be forthcoming pending review and advice from Visualspice)

visualspice

Quote from: Alegretto on March 31, 2014, 09:43:38 PM
CROC HUNT!!!

So seasonally, the crocodiles that inhabit the rivers around Essyrn go into a breeding frenzy. Their numbers increase rapidly and they become extremely territorial and aggressive. Also, incidentally, those territories they protect swell in size to include certain inhabited areas. This is, of course, a problem, and long ago it became important to hunt these crocodiles down to a reasonable population size. It used to be the job of the royal guard, but the crocs are dangerous. And huge beyond reason. Too many guards were lost fighting them and it was deemed a waste.

Fortunately for the rich, there was another source of warriors to pull from. The colosseum fighters and slaves.

.........//

(More details about this sub-event will be forthcoming pending review and advice from Visualspice)

YES, love this idea *_* it will be a cool event and also give the merchant prince and princesses something to do that's like a fun competition of sorts :D
Maybe whomeever kills the most gets honored by the Shah, and whoever kills the biggest as well? Somehting like that hrmm..
Just some thoughts!
but count my merchants in :D

EDIT: We can also make this a mini-event and give it it's own plotting thread~ since I can see this becoming a big thing. If you want to start a mini-event thread, feel free- if not, I can start one up and try to drum us up some plotting and interest on it :D

visualspice

AAAAAAAAAAAND
the mini-event is now posted here.
:D

visualspice

For those participating - if you recently created a character or thread for this event- please check here to see if it's been added. If not, note me so I can add it :D thanks

Winters-Feather

I'd like Issen to join in on this plot! I talked to Spice for a bit on it, but pretty much she gets captured by the high police/court/etc and they discover that she can lead them to TREASURE. she'd be highly against slavery, but as she is still very ignorant of society and is trying to first and foremost look after herself, now.

@stormphrax - my character's yenna's daughter could hang out! thinking about making her a character instead of an npc anyway.

zozee9

Micheovi: he's gonna start on the anti-uprising side (he thinks all the other slaves are fools and will die), but will end up joining the uprising after he meets his wife that he thought died and falls in love with her again. <3

Brisinger987

Virdok: Virdok will start on the anti-uprising side, and may move for reasons I find as his personality develops a bit more, and I get some history for him, but at the moment, he's just a killing machine.

Alegretto

Ok so I want to get my character Rahib Tesserahn involved in this event. He's an Essyrni native who makes intricate clockwork devices. I'm doing some plotting with @Winters-Feather to get him involved, but nothing is for sure yet. If all goes well though, he'll be joining the anti-slave side, and he'll bring his ability to make clockwork bombs and firearms with him.

appleyard

I've not listened to everything yet. I'm only on page 2. Still, Samad- Taim is very interested in slave affairs. His caveat for helping them is simply, some of them are criminals. Those to him, should remain slaves, not worked to death, not beaten or maltreated, over much, but they should remain as slaves. The rest, should be treated as the typical bondservant, working to pay off their bond. He however id not a man that fights the system directly, but rather wants to move the system, from within the system to bring about change. Don't fight the current, but use the current for you. He has a plan, that will change the face of how slaves are handled in the nation, but it will require knowing the right people, which at the moment he doesn't. Still, given that he periodically purchases slaves for various functions for the school (secretly to receive magical training, to serve as assistants, and helpers, etc), it wont seem strange for him to periodically tour slave holding facilities, nor will it be strange for him to occasionally talk to the slaves, and lend a little magical healing from time to time. That is of course, this meets with your approval.   

visualspice

that sounds like a fun idea, appleyard! I also received your PM you had sent me and should be replying to that soon. Should you have any questions or want anything clarified, don't hesitate to ask!