Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

You're So Useless! [Closed]

Started by Anadwen, March 21, 2014, 03:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anadwen

(((Edit: Gone to Donkey!)))

"H-hey... You're... You're stepping on... My boots!" Arthfael laughed, tripping over the strings on his boots as the girl behind him led him forth with a scarf over his eyes. If he wouldn't be blindfolded, he'd notice people giving him all the strange looks, but he honestly wouldn't care even if he would. First, because he was the Hawk. Second, because he was drunk.

Naturally, he didn't notice the girl's hand in his pouch. It took all the coins inside, leaving just an empty bag, and slipped them into her own. They have already walked into the docks, when she suddenly dropped the scarf on the pirate's face, and ran off like the wind, pushing him forwards.

He stretched his arms forwards as he fell, bashing into the ground like a sack of potatoes, confused, blinking in the light. What even happened? At one moment she was there, and now... Uh... Was she just a hallucination? A drunk vision? No, she was real, very real... That must have had another purpose.

But what?

He rolled over, wiping his eyes, and smearing the kohl all over them. He was just led out of a tavern after finishing what, a barrel of ale? by a girl that blindfolded him, and suddenly she disappeared. What could she even want? His...

...Money. He reached after his pouch - off course, empty. That meant no more ale, and time to search for a job.

Though, first he'd have to get up for that!

Kriv

As the man barreled onto the docks Skully's eyes lit up with delight. "D-do you think he's dead?" He asked frantically as he tugged on Ashtal's sleeve like a child trying to get his mother's attention. Ashtal let out a long sigh. "Go check." He muttered. Skully quickly dashed over to the man so quick that he would've left his skin behind, if he had any that is. "Hey buddy, you dead yet." Skully asked giving the man a few nudges.

Anadwen

"Uh... Dead?" Arthfael raised a brow with a groan. "I... I definitely... Ain't dead yet..." He climbed to his feet, shaking somewhat, and the hat with three corners, that sat on his head till now, sled into his eyes as he bend forth a little, stumbling and trying to find his lost balance.

"It takes more than... A bottle... To kill the Hawk! And... That's cause... I'm the best pirate ever!" he announced, making a partial turn on his heel. "You must have heard of me before... I gu-guarantee that." As he stepped forth, he lost the ground underneath his feet, and his spinning head miscalculated the step, making him crash into the ground again.

Oh, damn ale!

Kriv

Kriv's brow raised when the drunkard claimed he was "the best pirate ever". Kriv slowly approached him. "You think your the best pirate?" He asked sarcastically. "Wanna put whatever you have left on those words?" He challenged, Kriv knew that the elf had nothing left except for the clothes on his back, but maybe this could be a bit entertaining.

Anadwen

"No... No way!" Arthfael shook his head. "But I'd sure... Put it on another bottle." His lips spread into a wide grin, and he somehow managed to stand up again. "Care... For a drink?"

He moved the hat aback, revealing his oddly colored eyes, and a thin scar all across his face, stretched underneath those strange eyes. "You're... Way too serious. You'd sure do... With some ale."

Kriv

"You'd sure do without." Kriv replied with a grin. "Do you even own a ship?" He asked.

Anadwen

Arthfael put a finger on his lips, trying to bring out memories of the ships he used to own. "My first one... Was stolen. The... The next one crashed, and the one after... It was sabotaged, someone drilled... A hole into it. I got one after that, but the crew... Took over and kicked me out!" he shrugged. "I had another one... But I had to sell it."

Kriv

Ashtal rubbed his temples "You, are probably the worst pirate I have ever met." Kriv honestly felt bad for the guy, he seemed to have worse luck than he did. "Tell you what, there has be a recent.. death aboard my ship." Kriv started as Skully let out a soft whimper. "If you want to temporarily join my crew for a decent pay and all the grog you'll ever need, I'll let you." He offered as Skully whimpered slightly louder.

Anadwen

With an excited clapping, Arthfael laughed. "As long as there's booze... I'm in!" In the state of drunken euphory, he didn't care too much for what the position was.

Though, his more sober self might regret this...

Tags: