Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

KILL CROCS, GET MONEY- OBEY MY DOG (Mini-Event for Essyrni Slave Uprising)

Started by visualspice, March 31, 2014, 10:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Want to kill CROCODILES!? Crocodiles that are as big as DINOSAURS!? (Okay maybe small dinosaurs..)
Want to make money? Like oodles of money? Want to gain fame and get recognized by the sexy Shah? ;D

WELL HERE'S AN EVENT FOR YOU

CALLING ALL MERCHANT PRINCES, PRINCESSES AND WARRIORS

COME ONE, COME ALL TO AN AMAZING MINI-EVENT HOSTED IN THE NIAFI RIVER DELTA! This is an exclusive mini-event for the Essyrni Slave Uprising. *(Read here for more info on the main event).

Alegretto made a suggestion and POOF, turned into a mini-event for the Essyrni Slave Uprising :D

Quote from: Alegretto on March 31, 2014, 09:43:38 PM
CROC HUNT!!!

So seasonally, the crocodiles that inhabit the rivers around Essyrn go into a breeding frenzy. Their numbers increase rapidly and they become extremely territorial and aggressive. Also, incidentally, those territories they protect swell in size to include certain inhabited areas. This is, of course, a problem, and long ago it became important to hunt these crocodiles down to a reasonable population size. It used to be the job of the royal guard, but the crocs are dangerous. And huge beyond reason. Too many guards were lost fighting them and it was deemed a waste.

Fortunately for the rich, there was another source of warriors to pull from. The colosseum fighters and slaves. The croc hunt quickly became a tradition and an extension of the colosseum circuit. The wealthy merchants and government officials watch under heavy guard as the slaves of the fighter's arena hunt the dangerous beasts in the shallow waters of the Niafi river banks.

This year is no exception, and croc hunting season is starting up again. Many important people and many slaves are going to embark on an expedition of pain or pleasure, depending on station. Of course, things may not go the same way they always have this year. Things are in the air that might make this time, different.

(More details about this sub-event will be forthcoming pending review and advice from Visualspice)

I'm posting this thread up here to get more feed back on this event :D
Basically, the rules are simple- KILL THE CROCODILES D< KILL THEEEEEM
There is prize money for the types you kill, the amounts you kill, and a big reward for who can kill the biggest. I'm sure this event can turn cut throat- which can add a lot of fun drama for our characters >D

I know my merchants will be involved, and probably my warriors too BWAHAHAHA

Oh, and of course, the Shah will be watching- sitting pretty from the side lines 8D

Interested? Please reply and let us know your thoughts :D
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

YASMIN IS IN IF HER EVENTUAL NEW MASTER (*EYES SPICY*) PERMITS IT! >8D
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Alegretto

Yep, Spice has official control of this thing (since I'm no good at organizing things and Spice can make stuff happen :P) but I will definitely be participating. Mal'hin will be there protecting the Shah and organizing the royal guards and Rune the Serenian ambassador will also be there. He'll be busy being useless XD

visualspice

I'm thinking the spectators might have a sort of elite camp group sort of thing that evolves around where the Shah decides to make her perch, and the fighters go out in river boats hunting and killing crocs (and maybe competition? XD )

Also for those who don't understand the OBEY MY DOG.

Click here. It's referenced from a scene from Zoolander 8D
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Wicked Basket

Cassius would get in on this. What better way to show his strength to all of Essyrn than to kill some crocs?

Lion

Anran will certainly get in on this!  Gotta show those other Merchant Princes what's up! D<

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Quote from: Lion on April 01, 2014, 11:53:42 AM
Anran will certainly get in on this!  Gotta show those other Merchant Princes what's up! D<
Agrian should too! Since I have an idea about that I need to toss your way 8D

Lion

Oh yeah!  But he'd have to be in disguise I think! 8D  Give me your ideas!!

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Quote from: Lion on April 01, 2014, 12:03:27 PM
Oh yeah!  But he'd have to be in disguise I think! 8D  Give me your ideas!!
Well nothing was solid as far as ideas 8D Cause I wasn't sure if he'd be AGRIAN the gladiator- or his disguised, alter ego 8D
But I had some fun thoughts that the Shah gets too close of an encounter with the crocodiles- whether it's planned or not (could be a way for an assassination attempt where no one could pin the blame- I mean if a croc eats her...)
But who knows, she could get rescued and add to the complications we were plotting over already
8D

Lion

That'd be interesting!  Not sure myself if he would show up as his alter-ego either!  I'd have to think on this, but I like it!

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Quote from: Lion on April 01, 2014, 12:15:06 PM
That'd be interesting!  Not sure myself if he would show up as his alter-ego either!  I'd have to think on this, but I like it!
Well once you decide I can probably get this thread event up and running 8D just let me know

visualspice

I'm going to try to get this event up and running this week- so expect me to poke you people or to post more stuff here so you can read all about it XD

visualspice

I'm going to wait a bit to start this as most members have finals or are busy with something or other, but also posting this here to bump the idea to see if anyone else is interested ^_^

And those who are interested, do you think one on one threads ought to work here or one larger thread? I'm thinking one on one or smaller threads because not everyone would be chasing after the same Crocodile and the river is HUGE. So yeah..! Things!

visualspice

I started off the event (sort of) with a basic thread of my character Red Sun and Rhi's character Yasmin en route to the event :)
Thread can be found here: What A Load of Croc!

For others wishing to plot, please post your ideas here ^_^
THe event will be slowly starting >_> since I know ppls are busy

Winters-Feather

yenna will be there to:

1. rent out kaadir and make sure her babies are okay
2. find/protect her eldest son, whom she had learned has (as she feared)  became a bandit, and is now a slave forced to hunt the crocs!

visualspice

I made a new 'pre-thread' for this event for my character Red Sun and Wicked Basket's character, Cassius. Thread is found here!
http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=16924.msg194847#msg194847

Winters-Feather

but yeah i guess i'd like to do at last a short ish pre thread where yenna finds out about her son.

also spice, the ideas i told you about issen... do you think she should be arrested during this event itself? (or before it?) Or save that for after lol

visualspice

Harmanaija could be hired out from someone to help with this event as well, though not sure anyone would because her shame could transfer onto them, considering it's an event for the Shah and Harmanaija is more or less publicly viewed as a sinner (I mean the poor mark is on her face x.x )
so there's that idea if anyone is game and um hrmm

And at your last comment, winters,
It's possible Issen could get arrested during the event? If she were to use water magics and someone witnesses it here, or it could be like another event in itself hrmm
Decisions

And my brain is sleepy and mush x.x

visualspice

OH

Just as a reminder, even if your character is really apart of the 'Slave uprising' event, or you don't want them a part of it, they can still participate in THIS mini-event because well- it should be a lot of fun :)

KILL CROCS, GET MONEY

So yeah, if you've got an Essyrni and you'd think you'd like to play, let me know ^_^

Winters-Feather

@Alegretto  - do you wanna start our thread a little prior to the croc event and stretch it out to during the thing? (ending with issen's arrest and all?)