Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Mindshifter Hospitality [Rhi] [M]

Started by DaGlobster, April 05, 2014, 02:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Noticing his quiet after a moment, Yun peered up at him and poked him lightly on the nose. "Hey," she said. "You're being awful quiet. Whatcha thinkin'?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

Yun talking snapped Han out of the short daze he was in. "I was thinking about what I was going to pack..." He mumbled idly, stroking Yun's hair. Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted the cup of tea he had left on the stool. He squinted and made an odd face at it, and it slowly floated over, where he sipped from it without using hands. It floated down next to Yun's head and it shook enticingly. "Want some?" He asked, glancing out the window. It was getting late.

Kruz'Iik reformed in the immaterium, once again looming over the small shed floating in nothingness, invisible to the occupants. The girl was...tantalizing. He'd never encountered a specimen like her, and this greatly interested him. He leaned forwards and looked into the window, where Han was looking. Of course, all Han saw out the window were trees and the afternoon light, and not a giant octopus eye glaring back at him.

Rhindeer

Yun stared at the tea floating in front of her face and then looked at Han, one eyebrow lifting. "That's not a hallucination, right?" she joked before she reached up and grabbed it out of the air.

She didn't really trust herself to be as suave as Han. She could just picture herself spilling the tea all down her front! Nah, she trusted her own hands better--and only then barely. It kind of amazed even her that she could be so graceful when it came to acrobatics and combat, yet often ended up with crumbs down her shirt when she ate.

She took a sip and licked her lips after. "Hey, that's pretty good. What is it?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

Han looked down at the cup. "Nothing much, just some powdered ginseng and rosehip, with some  gotu-kola and rosemary leaves sprinkled in." He explained proudly. They were pretty common plants around here. "It's the same brew I gave you, but if you let it sit for a bit it does tend to taste better, huh?" He asked, and took another sip for himself. "Well, you need to sit tight for a bit, I've got to check on my garden. Unless of course, you want to come with?" He asked invitingly, and planted a quick kiss on her lips before standing up, setting the cup back down on the stool.

Rhindeer

"Whoa, that's the same stuff?" Yun said, blinking. "Jeez. You shoulda given it to me after it sat! You just wanted to see a sour face, didn't you?"

She stuck her tongue out at him. Granted, he probably just wanted to get the remedy in her, but it was far more fun to give him a hard time about it.

When he rose to his feet, she followed after him, feeling significantly better than she had when she first awoke. "I'll come," she said. "I could use the fresh air. Besides, someone's gotta come along and protect ya from all the horrors of the outdoors!"

DaGlobster

Han chuckled at Yun's desire to protect him from the natural world. It wasn't the wildlife he was afraid of, it was people. But all that didn't matter now. He stepped outside, revealing a dazzling scene. In front of the cottage, there was a cascading waterfall, that fell straight into a natural spring, which led off into the jungle as a small stream. A mere twenty feet away, at the water's edge, sat an old fishing pole, propped up against a chair. Han took a moment to breathe it all in, the smell of clean water, fresh dew that remained from the rains, and the faint smell of herbs. He grabbed Yun's hand, and started to lead her around the side, to a small garden that had all sorts of herbs and vegetables growing in it. There was even grapes and a few other kinds of fruits present.

Rhindeer

Outside, it was breathtaking, and Yun took in the wondrous sights as she she breathed deeply of the earthy, rain-scented air.

And that waterfall sure looked fun, too. She'd have to find out later if there were rocks at the bottom and if the water below was deep.

"Man...you may be isolated, but your grandfather sure knew how to pick a location," she said as Han lead her to the garden, her stomach rumbling with the scent of fruit. "This place is...man. It's beautiful. Heh, not at all what I was picturing last night!"

DaGlobster

"Can't say I feel any different. Whenever I feel down, I always come out here. Sometimes, I go diving off the waterfall." He casually mentioned, and knelt down, placing a hand on the ground. His hand started glowing a healthy green, and he stayed like that for a few seconds. "Hmm...needs some water..." He muttered, and he started rubbing his hands. He suddenly thrust them forwards, fingers spread out, and they sprayed out a light haze water vapor, which blanketed the ground of the garden.

He stood back up, dusted off the dirt on his knee, and seemd in thought. He looked at the grapes and he got an idea. "Hey..." He started, wrapping his arm around Yun's waist. "I've got some wine. Want some?" He asked, squeezing her lightly.

Rhindeer

"Heeey. Get out of my head!" Yun said with a laugh. "I was just thinkin' that, wondering if you could jump off that without dying. Hehe, maybe we can give it a go before we go!" Because really, that waterfall was just begging for it.

She hung back to watch him work, content to observe and take in the scenery, and when he returned to her and mentioned the wine...

She gaped at him. "You make your own wine? Really? Jeez. Well, honestly, I think right now I'm more interested in eating those grapes than drinking 'em," she said, "But I won't say no to it, either, especially if it's homemade stuff! Just, ya know...if we can have some food to go with it? I don't wanna be a pain, I just haven't eaten since like...sometime early yesterday."

But she did like wine, and Kuan took it with most of her meals, where she could, which meant Yun usually got some, too. It tasted much better than the rice wine she'd always had before that!

DaGlobster

Han chuckled. "I've got plenty of food lying around. Oh...maybe I can make a stew using some of that leftover salmon...and some other stuff..." He trailed off, and idly scratched his neck. He looked at the sky again, at the sun which was approaching the horizon. He realized it'd be his last sunset here, the final red sun over paradise. "We should eat some dinner, and then go diving off the waterfall." He suggested.

Rhindeer

Yun lifted her eyebrow as she looked at Han sidelong. "Wine after jumping down the waterfall?" she asked with a smirk. "'Cause I'm gonna say no wine before we do that. I don't want either of us cracking our fool heads."

DaGlobster

Han looked dumbfounded for a moment. Wow, he really was an idiot. "Good thing you remembered. How about...Dinner, then waterfall, then wine? I want to wait for it to get dark, because the spring gets really pretty after nightfall." He mentioned.

Rhindeer

With a chuckle, Yun gave him a light, playful punch in the shoulder. "You got it, man! See? It works out. It should be dark by the time we're done eating."

Grabbing his arm, she started to tug him back toward his home. "So, whatcha got for us?"

DaGlobster

Han looked at her, thought evident in his eyes. "I dunno, how hungry are you? Do you want food now, or can you wait?

Rhindeer

"I can wait. I mean I'm hungry, but I'm not 'I'm gonna start gnawing on your arm' hungry yet, don't worry!" Yun paused. "Though your arm does look pretty meaty..."

DaGlobster

"Does it?" He asked with a smile as pushed the door open. He pulled back one of the sleeves on his robe to display the fairly muscular arms one earns from surviving in the wilderness by himself.  He shook his arm so his sleeve fell back down.

He closed the door, and the entire cabin became a tad bit too dark to properly walk around in. He had forgotten it was late afternoon for a moment. he raised his arms, and clapped twice. In response, a multitude of candles lit up, illuminating the interior.

He put his hands together, a thoughtful look on his face. "Hmm...how about...some salmon lettuce wraps?" He asked.

Rhindeer

"Sounds good to me," Yun said, and flopped onto the bed again. "I'm easy! Also, have I ever told you how neat that is, that you can do that? With the magic and stuff?"

She kicked off her sandals so she could sit cross-legged on the bed and watched Han work, elbow propped on her knee and chin resting on her hand. "D'ya need help or anything?"

DaGlobster

"No, I don't think you have." Han said, smiling as he walked back over to the kitchen counter. "Grandfather taught me everything I know, although he didn't finish before he died. He could do so much more than the little tricks I know." Han said wistfully, glancing over to the painting again. He went to a rack where varying preserved filets of fish were hanging, and he took down three salmon filets, laying them down on the table.

"Help?..Um..." He said, in thought as he stood straight up and placed a hand on his chin. "Why don't you separate some lettuce leaves? There's some heads in that basket." He said, pointing his thumb to a basket filled with a variety of different vegetables.

Rhindeer

Rising to her feet and nudging past Han, Yun pulled a head of lettuce from the basket and began to peel the leaves apart.

"Kinda funny how they call these heads, huh?" she asked. "A little morbid, too. Like I'm peeling the skin off a poor lettuce head..."

Pulling one leaf down but leaving it attached, she turned to face Han and moved the leaf like a flap in time to her words, voice deepened. "Help me, Han! Don't let her flay me!"

DaGlobster

Han laughed, and picked up one of the salmon filets, wriggling it as he spoke. "Don't trust that madman! He's gutted me!" He said in a falsetto, before laying it back down on the table and cutting it to pieces, making sounds like "argh" and "blergh" with every cut. He extended his hand, waiting for a leaf.