Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Tainted Revolution [DaGlobster] [Non Canon]

Started by MrKrutiika, April 26, 2014, 09:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrKrutiika

Kahli Rahtvar

Kahli sat under the night sky, her back pressed against Kreium, her eyes mapping the trails of the stars. They were lost, like her, them in their vast ocean of the nights sky and she in the tangled paths of life. Kreiums warm scales lifted and fell against her back as he slept; he had little lust for knowledge unlike her. He was happy in her company and little more mattered to him.

As she rolled out the parchment across the dirt her eyes fell on the blood that stained her thumb, her latest assignment had been a little more troublesome than she cared for and involved more spillage of blood than she preferred, but the job was done and she had been rewarded handsomely.

Adding constellations to the previously charted stars, Kahli began to evaluate whether the route she was taking was indeed the right one. It had been years since she had encountered any other riders amidst the pockets of civilisation she had cared to visit. Most recently, during her time in a small trading in the Serha Plains, a rumour had been afloat of some riders perched on the outskirts of Ketra with not so moral intentions headed by a man named Azariah Kane Lynch.

Kahli cared little of their motif, but more of their presence. After four long years she may finally be able to mingle amongst her own. She would not have to hide Kreium in fear of being berated by inquisitive minds and manipulative merchants. Years ago Adela had been a great nation sprawling with riders and their dragon companions, but in recent times due to their participation in war, the numbers dwindled and one was lucky to catch a sighting of one in their lifetime. This made Kahli and Kreium a rare and deeply lucrative finding.

"Another day's journey toward the west should do the trick" She whispered under her breath. Her heart yearned to see another dragon, to talk with another like herself and to ride in the open skies like she did during her adolescence. Her patience had started to rust and she was building castles of hopes in her mind, pining for once for the rumours to be true.

DaGlobster

"No, please! Sto-"

An elf's pleading voice was immediately cut off by the sound of a pistol, and followed by a body crumpling to the floor. Lynch slowly lowered his pistol, barrel still smoking. He was in his usual armor, but it was painted black with a red trim, a symbol of the Esoteric Order's Equites Fata, or Doom Riders. He looked down at the now dead elf from the back of Fides (Pronounced Fee-Dess), his dragon, who was a fully grown adult. She was a regal looking specimen, with white scales that shimmered gold under the moonlight. She was clad in plate armor, which had the holy scripture of Salem written on it in gold leaf. The other riders were on their dragons as well, perched on the trees.

Lynch looked at the elf for a few more moments, making sure he wouldn't get up, and put his pistol back on the holster on his chest. Another dead heathen in the forest. They had just finished conducting a caravan raid on a trader who was they found out was secretly transporting non-humans into Ketra, and this elf had been one of the few who didn't initially die when they bathed the caravan in fire.

Fides brought her head down to snap up the elf's corpse, but Lynch pulled on the harness slightly, and she stopped. She brought her head around to look at Lynch, and he reached over and rubbed her nose. One of his rare smiles appeared on his face. "No, Fides. You will have plenty to eat when we get back. Don't dine on this filth." He whispered, and Fides nodded understandingly. Lynch loved Fides, and Fides loved him, making this the only true friend Lynch really had.

Fides took to the air, and the other riders followed. Lynch enjoyed his new office. No longer was he Dominus Venantium. He was Dominus Equites, leader of the Order's dragon rider division. He made course back to Ketra, which seemed independent, but really was a puppet state for The Order, which had grown significantly in power, capitalizing on fear and prejudice.

MrKrutiika

Kahli Rahthvar

Kreium wretched forward breaking the oscillations of his sleep. His amber eyes wearily looked up into the night sky, his vision grazing upon the stars and the shadows that swallowed them. For a time he silently mapped the heavens above, unstirring, then neatly placed his head back upon the warm earth and fell back into rest.

Kahli didn't care to question what had snared at his sleep, even though for the first time since their companionship did he map the stars as she had. She knew that when Kreium swallowed his words and promised her silence, it was news that she would be unable to bear, and so would often spare her the burden. Kahli was the dearest creature to him, as he was to her, his love for his rider was beyond friendship, he was both her son and her father. They needed each other to survive in the unforgiving world that had once discarded them both.

Kahli fell into sleep resting against Kreium and awoke to the the light of dawn scratching at her eyes.

"Krieum, dawn is awakening, we must fly. West, against the rising sun. Can you feel them around us?"

Kahli felt hope amalgamating within her, an emotion she desperately tried to avoid. She knew something was different in Kreium this morn, though not what it was. It was very occasionally that their connection was soured by something, and she could feel distance in their unspoken silence. She suspected that for the first time in four years other dragons and riders would have to be nearby for him to react in this way, yet she could feel the certainty knotting around her gut.

"Let us fly. You will have answers to your questions soon enough dear one."

With that they took to the air without out passing another word between them. As they rode toward the darkness, escaping the rising sun, she could feel the rush of air caressing her cheek and tossing her air. Her heart raced with her dragon's, thudding angrily within her chest, her mind in state of tranquillity. Krieum's wings beat against the air currents taking them higher and faster through the heavens. Kahli always loved to fly, each flight feeling like the very first, like the very first taste of freedom yet acceptance.

After flying west for the better part of a day her sight grasped a glimpse of a strange entanglement of dark bodies in the course ahead of her. 'What could be airborne in such a large mass?' She wondered within herself, trying to untangle the puzzle ahead of her. Then paralysis took hold of her entire being, muscles, heart and mind. It was him. It was them. They were right before her.

DaGlobster

Lynch and his squadron soared through the air, the wind whipping at their capes and longcoats. Then, Lynch spotted it off in the distance. Like a shining beacon for a new age, there stood Ketra. The Order had erected a new, secondary wall in front of the old one, making the city nigh impenetrable. Siege weapons were mounted on giant towers, and Order banners flew from the spires and walls. They were white, with a fearsome looking black dove depicted in the center. In its talons there was a pistol and a book, and in it's beak a rose.

Suddenly, Fides' head shot up, and her eyes started glancing about as she smelled at the air. Lynch, who had been leaning on the backrest of his saddle, leaned forwards, rubbing the back of her neck.

"What's wrong, girl?" Lynch asked, and Fides stayed quiet for a few moments. "There is another..." She whispered, and Lynch sat back in the saddle to contemplate this for a few seconds. He adjusted the mirrors that let him see behind him, and he saw it. Another rider, traveling on the same course they were.

He reached down to his belt, and took his signal horn.

Lynch breathed in, put his lips to the mouthpiece, and blew. The sound that came out was a deep, rolling tone. His squadron stopped and wheeled around, coming to a hovering stop to face Kahli.

MrKrutiika

Khali Rahthvar

Kahli drew nearer to the flock of shadowed figures hovering unmoving before her. As the distance between the two parties decreased Kahli's heart stopped momentarily within the confines of her chest. There they were, after four long years. After four, long, painstakingly lonely years, there, before her, were a fleet of dragons bejewelled with riders.

Kreium's speeds began to dwindle as he approached his own kin, as he let his cautious nature guide his judgement. She could feel his own unease and hesitance run through her veins for time had allowed him to grow unfamiliar with his own kind.

"Dear one, do these approaching friends answer your earlier question?" He grumbled silently.

Kahli moved her head in a soft nod, with the appearance of an even softer smile. She let this emotion of elation hold her body only momentarily, for she didn't want to appear vulnerable on her first encounter with the unknown riders.

Stopping short of one hundred meters in front of Lynch and his steed, Kahli made herself and her dear companion known "Great Rider," she began "I am Rahthvar, daughter of the star gazers, Riders of the east. This is my dear Kreium. May we make your acquaintance?"

Though anxiety was gnawing at her nerves, Kahli ensured that her voice was spilling with confidence, not allowing it to falter, not even for a second. 

[OOC- sorry, not my best attempt here, but I guess I am suffering a tad bit of writers block.]

DaGlobster

Lynch looked at Kahli as she approached on her mount, hand coming to rest on the handle  of his pistol. The other riders glanced among themselves, waiting for a command. As soon as she was close enough to identify, he saw that she was human, and relaxed the grip on his pistol. He made some hand signs, and the other riders relaxed in their saddles as well.

Fides huffed some white smoke from her nostrils, studying both Kahli and Kreium. "The rider is nervous..." She muttered, and Lynch nodded. "Find a man or woman that doesn't look on us with fewr, and I'll find you an entire stag to eat."  Lynch replied as he pat her on the base of her neck, and she smiled.

As Kahli introduced herself, Lynch listened. The star gazers were not a group Lynch was familiar with, and he shifted idly in his saddle.

"The east?" He asked, and gave Fides a small nudge with his boot. She gave her wings a powerful flap, and she slowly brought herself alongside of Kahli and Kreium. "I wasn't aware any dragons still lived in the east." Lynch stated as he leaned forwards in his saddle, revealing the scarred face and stony expression that hid under the shadow of his hat. Fides was content to look at Kreium, a smile on her face.

"But, that is all for later. You and your mount must be tired. May I offer you a stay at our stables?"

MrKrutiika

Kahli Rahthvar

Kahli was always wary, whether it was a foe standing before her, or her own kin. She had been turned out before by her family, she had lost her cherished friends in battle and she had lost all she had known not once, but twice. Caution was a formula that ran alongside her blood in her veins. So when Lynch offered her and Kreium a stable she was a little more than taken aback and immediately questioned his motive.

"You are correct in your thinking." She began "There are no dragons in the East. I remain the last of the Eastern riders." She paused, though unease continued to shake at her nerves, her expression remained composed, oozing a sly confidence that vibrated through in her voice "You know of my name and my land of origin, but yet you have not introduced yourself or your steed. I do not follow strangers into the mist."

'Why does he have so many men in the air' she questioned silently, her mind calculating and formulating ulterior results from a variety circumstances. She looked directly into the eyes of his dragon, and then back up at Lynch. They shared a common determination, a common fearlessness that lived and breathed in their stare. For what? She couldn't apprehend. There was something different about this flock, and she needed to unveil what it was before joining their company.

'Dear one,' Kreium began 'I cannot answer why there is such great number in the wind, but I can tell you that the dragon is nothing we have known before. The power is much stronger than any of my brothers and sisters of the East. There is a quiet hunger in her, what the hunger is for I cannot tell you.'

Kahli's black hair swam in the current of the breeze that swept around her, her eyes fixed on Lynch and his dragon, unmoving. A fierce resolve exuded from her gaze, a determination to figure out the mystery behind this powerful man and his ever formidable mount.

DaGlobster

Lynch leaned back, adjusting himself in his saddle. "My apologies, I seem to have forgotten my manners. My name is Azariah Kane Lymch, and this is my dragon, Fides. Pardon the...others. You caught us in the middle of a patrol. We're peacekeepers for Ketra." Lynch explained, meeting Kahli's stare with her own. He'd seen this performance before, the exuberant confidence, the determination in her eyes. Lynch suspected she might be covering her nervousness,.

Like she studied him and Fides, Lynch studied Kahli and her mount, his cold scrutinying gaze contrasting with the somewhat warm reception he was trying to give off. She seemed formidable enough, he supposed. Kreium was an object of special interest to Fides, who was studying his every move without pause. Fides took her sight off of Kreium, looking back at Lynch. 'He's suitable, this one...' She commented, and Lynch released some air from his nose. "It's not safe i these parts to idle in the open like this. We must move on." He said, looking around. "My offer of stabling still stands, if you would care to come with us."

MrKrutiika

Kahli Rahthver

Kahli stiffened her back as Lynch stared hard at her; she could feel his gaze ripping apart the façade she had so carefully worn for his benefit.

"Nice to make your acquaintance sir, let us move toward your keep" She replied, acknowledging that he was right in saying that open skies were no place for a group of riders to be.

The sun was high in the sky for it was reaching noon, her soft earthen eyes reflected its glares and made her squint as she rode up toward Lynch. It was a bold move she had just made, daring to ride beside the leader of this patrol. She had caught a glimpse of it before, but her heart yearned to see it in closer light. The pistol. Its shiny body made her lust to touch its smooth curves and fine carving, to strangle and choke the grip with her soft pale fingers and to suppress the neck of the trigger, smothering it, letting it kill.

"Patrol you say," she began, her voice had softened now she rode in closer proximity, yet it was tainted with the resolve that had previously resided in her eyes "May I enquire as to what this patrol is for?" She finished her eyes slipping to the man's hip, searching gently for that one thing that drew her nearer to him; the pistol.

'Careful dear one, if you get too close to an unknown snake, it may bite" Kreium warned her, looking wearily at Fides momentarily before returning his gaze on the blurred skies ahead. His mind remained focused on the female dragon beside him and his heart remained strung to his rider, each beat throbbing together as one. Like Kahli, Krieum didn't take to strangers too well, but unlike her, this was reflected in his behaviour, for he had not even exchanged a word with the other dragon.

[OOC: you'll be happy to see this post came a little swifter this time :)]

DaGlobster

As Lynch rode beside Kahli in the direction of Ketra, the other riders followed suit, and soon they were in formation, a "V" shape centered around Fides and Kreium. Lynch turned his head to look at Kahli, acknowledging her question. Before he answered it, however, he traced her wondrous stare towards his pistol, noting her interest in it before he continued.

"We're patrolling the skies above the roads, looking for bandits and those who'd break the laws of Ketra. Given the damaged state of the world, no expense is being spared to make sure the good men and women of Ketra get their trade goods." He explained. They passed over the site of the burnt out caravan, the very caravan carrying elven refugees that Lynch and his riders attacked. From their altitude, however, the burnt corpses were indistinguishable from any others.

Lynch spit over the side of Fides towards the burnt out caravan as they passed over it. "Caught them earlier today. Bastards were trying to smuggle criminals into the city, along with some illegal goods. Good riddance to all their kind, amen." He said, directing a scowl over to the only unburnt corpse, an armored elf with a bullet hole in his head, draped on his side in a pool of blood.

Lynch turned his head back to Kahli, and idly rested a hand on his pistol, idly drumming his fingers against the handle. "Never seen a firearm before? If you'd like, I could get you acquainted with one once we arrive at our destination." He offered.

Fides remained with her attention on Kreium, one eye on him and another on the course ahead. She decided to go ahead and break the ice between them, since they hadn't shared any words until then. 'So, how long have you known your master?' she asked him. It was an innocent enough question, a question she hoped he answered. It had been her first time around a male other than the dragons she grew up with, and the prospect of this stranger intrigued her, enough so to fan the desires for a mate all dragons had.

MrKrutiika

His deep crimson scales reflected the light of the sun, making it seem like a rock of liquid lava soaring through the clouds. Kreium’s attention cracked like a whip when Fides spoke out to him, it had been four long years since another dragon had connected with his mind, the sensation somewhat tickled his conscious, filling him with an estranged elation. It felt good to be around another of his kind, but that didn’t allow for carelessness in his caution.

‘Fides, I heard your rider call you, is that correct? I have great pleasure in making your acquaintance fellow knight of the skies. It will be rude of me not to acknowledge your inquiry, however, there is little I would care to divulge at this moment in time. Forgive my ill manner. Shall we ride?’ He said as he pushed forward through the skies, throwing more speed into his course.

Kreium appreciated the warm invitation that Fides had offered him, but he dared not take it. Her rider bore a pistol, no one bore pistols in the East. Yes, Kahli and himself were killers, but they killed to survive. Who were these people who wiped the lands clean of criminals, who were these riders that judged the actions of others? This was all new to the young dragon, and he remained uneasy, even though Kahli was letting her vigilance slip.

As they passed over the caravan of burnt and charred bodies, Kahli’s stomach leapt about within her, making her feel nauseous. She didn’t mind dead bodies, clean, dressed in their own blood, but the scene of burnt flesh was not something she was akin to.  She decided it was also something she didn’t want to learn to care for. There was spitting distaste in Lynch’s voice as he spoke about them, an anger that she could almost taste herself. What had these people done for such hatred that had resulted in their demise?

“May I, truly?” she yearned as he offered her a pistol of her own. Maybe this rider wasn’t a dishonest character as she once had suspected. His words seemed warm and genuine, maybe he would take her and love her like the Eastern Star Gazers once had. Lynch had even allowed her to ride at the helm of the V with him, an honour she donned with great pride.

‘Careful dear one’ warned Kreium as he had once before ‘Don’t donate your trust to a charity whose cause is unknown. The consequences may be dear.’ But Kahli couldn’t help but feel warmth swelling within her, for, for first the time in four long and lonesome years she felt welcomed. She had to pull herself together, however, stay rational, analyse with the mind not the heart and keep her emotions as emotions, not a tool to make decisions with. Better understanding the flutter of nerves in Kreium’s mind she held herself on the edge of entrusting faith in him, begrudgingly pulling herself out of the elation that was erupting within her.

DaGlobster

Lynch pondered  the situation. Perhaps he had been a bit too hasty to allow this unknown woman, he hadn't even asked if she was a human or not, but she seemed human enough. He had been able to conceal what truly happened at the caravan, but he could not expect her to understand the Order. She was a foreigner, most likely of muddled blood and alien to the concept of racial purity. This internal thought surfaced in him staring out ahead, across the ocean of forest below them.

The n, there it was, suddenly appearing around the horizon.

New Ketra.

A bastion of and symbol for humanity's power. Founded by humans, for humans, to protect the world from the influences of the heathen lesser races. The city had expanded outside of the original walls, and a secondary wall was built, much larger and much more heavily fortified than the original walls. They were massive, and the towers that lined them bristled with small siege weapons like ballistas. From the rooftops, the occasional church steeple could be seen poking out, like a tree in a field.

The inner wall, although not as large, was just as menacing. From platforms along the wall, there could be seen massive repeating bolt launchers, and other dragon killing devices. Behind the inner wall, it was clear the more powerful lived. At the center of the inner city, a massive tower stood, with areas for dragons to roost and cavernous hangars that led to the inside.

"Welcome to New Ketra, Rahthvar." Lynch said, turning to her and smiling.

Fides kept quiet for a few moments after New Ketra came into sight, and tried to talk to Kreium again. 'So, do you have a mate where you come from, Kreium?'

MrKrutiika

Kahli's eyes widened as they grazed over the sea of terracotta roofs contained within the shell of the thick stone walls. The sun basked the tangled city in a warm glow as the houses fell atop each other, each clambering as high as they could reach towards the heavens.  'Ketra.' She had heard of these parts somewhere in the literature, but never had she seen a sight such as this. However Lynch had said 'New Ketra', what could he have meant by that?

Kahli looked around below her, down into the golden city as the group flew towards a tower whose height cast long black shadows that cut across the city like an ebon river.  She could see a flock of dragons roosting upon the jagged edges that they had made home. So many dragons of all kinds; some like Kreium, some much smaller and others hugely bigger. Kahli had never seen such a large cluster of dragons and riders before.

Who were these people? She wondered apprehensively within herself. A feeling and a thought that was shared by Kreium. But she knew better than to dare to ask too many questions, not now, not when she was so vulnerable.

As Fides spoke out to Krieum, Kahli felt a bolt of anxiety run through her as her steed flinched upon the question of the female dragon, and shook her out of her own thoughts.

'Young Dragon, I travel from the East. It's a land where scarcely wildings roam, let alone dragons. Though you delve further into this pool of emotion which I do not care for, I will tell you this, I have lived for my rider only. I appreciate your attempts to amalgamate me into your world, however, it will take more than prying questions in order to do so. Excuse my poisoned words, but being a lone dragon makes you a cautious one.'

Kreium understood the logic behind his companion's attempts of conversation, but between him and Kahli it was he who possessed the level mind, and it was he who would often save the pair from falling into grave dangers.

DaGlobster

Fides' expression appeared to dim when Kreium brushed her off a second time. 'I..I'm sorry if I offended you, Kreium. Just trying to make conversation.... she said, Her voice taking a rather sullen tone. Fides couldn't expect Kreium to understand that she had been lonely all this time, despite being surrounded by dragons her entire life. Lynch often kept her away from the males, for fear of them taking her "purity" away.

As they approached the tower, a large set of doors on the second to last floor slowly started to slide open. On the doors, there was the symbol of the Equites Fatas emblazoned in brass: A winged dragon skull with a sun on its forehead and a book clamped in its teeth. The steam machinery that powered the door caused the eyeholes of the dragon skull to burn a hateful red, and the nostrils to blow steam at regular intervals. The opening doors opened wide enough for all of the incoming dragons to land inside comfortably.

Lynch lead the way, setting Fides down in the expansive, hangar-like chamber.

MrKrutiika

Kreium heard her tone dampen as he brushed aside Fides questions, now for the second time.

'Pardon young dragon' he tried to explain himself 'please do not let my caution reflect any ill feeling toward yourself nor your rider. I merely take a slow step into this pool of the unknown rather than dive with my head first and my wings drawn.'

As he finished his sentence Kreium and Kahli made their way through the dark illustrious gates that welcomed them into the keep. Kahli found the ornate décor of the doors quite interesting and took a moment to enjoy the steam and the glowing eyes. A sight that may have frightened many, caused her stomach to turn with excitement within her. She let her eyes play with the lusty dance of the steam a moment longer before catching up with her enigmatic host.

Within the tower the air fell cold as the sun lost its power within the dark damp stone belly. It was rather refreshing after the long tiresome journey.  Young apprentices hurried past them silently, keeping out of their way, their heads down and eyes cast upon the floor. Lynch obviously carried weight around here. Though neither Kahli nor Kreium could figure out exactly how much power he truly clasped within his gloved hands.

"Lynch, sir, where are you leading us?" She questioned as they made their way deeper into the tower without guidance.

Adelinde

((OOC- I just made my character today without knowing of this RP, and guess what? She's a dragon!-BIC))
  Adelinde soared through the skies, near Adela. She was behind some mountains, invisible. "Hey, why don't I scare the people in Adela, for a change?", She thought. So she climbed high and over the mountains, then folded her wings and dropped steeply, her green scales glinting in the sunlight. She flew low and fast, approaching town.
  She roared and fanned fire out in front of her. She landed in the middle of a wide street. People scattered. Adelinde was about to take off and grab some livestock, but a shaky voice shouted, "D-dragon!". " Oh, shut up. You've probably just come to jab your little stick at me, or tame me or something. Take my advice and run away.", She said, without looking at him.

DaGlobster

(OOC: Sorry to tell you this, Adelinde, but this isn't an open thread, so you can't jus waltz in. I'm gonna have to ask you to delete your post. If you want in, shoot me a PM and we can plot how your character is introduced.)

Fides' expression seemed to brighten a bit . As soon as they had landed, the other riders that were on patrol with Lynch branched off, going to their own hangars. Fides' hangar was deeper in the tower, so it required a bit of walking. Fides' stride was long and dignified, and there was enough space in the corridor for both dragons to walk side by side.

"I'm taking you to my hangar. I need to get Fides unsaddled and a patrol report filled out. You're welcome to stable Kreium there for as long as you stay." Lynch explained, his face remaining stony but his tone carrying some gritty hospitality. He wasn't the brutal, unfeeling man he was before. Fides had somewhat helped him become at least somewhat sociable. When it came to his work, however, nobody else in the order was more ruthless.

"Dominus!" Called out a youngish looking man. He was an Equites squire, an apprentice under a fully fledged dragon rider. His armor was plain and painted a drab black, with a white dragon's skull on one of the shoulders. Squires often assisted their mentors in battle, either riding lesser dragons of their own or shooting rifles from secondary seats on dragons designed for gunners.

Lynch directed his gaze to the squire, and the man tensed up a bit. Their conversation continued in a language spoken only within the order.

While this was going on, Fides turned her head to Kreium, trying to read him with her gilded eyes.
'Again, I apologize for pressing. I understand that you must be wary of all these new things, but I assure you that this tower is a safe haven for dragons and their riders. Some of the other dragons here come from similar circumstances as you. Them and their riders were displaced, and The Order took them in with open arms' She explained. She would have stepped a bit closer to him, but that would've disturbed Lynch's conversation.

MrKrutiika

[OOC. Hope that making it a tower protected by magic okay, thought that since Lynch probably has some sinister secrets he would want them to remain so, and what better way to conceal them than with ancient dragon's magic??]

Kreium's heart was lifted slightly hearing that there were other Dragons and their Riders with a similar history as theirs. 'Young one, it is kind of you to entrust that knowledge upon me. I feel as though through their story you may appreciate ours better.'

While the two men conversed, Kahli's eyes inspected the corridor they stood in. They surveyed the greyed stone walls that rose high, bare and naked before her. The windows where the light slowly trickled in sat a few meters above their heads, lighting the hallway in a dim glow. She ran her pale hands along the wall, gently caressing the cold stone with the pulp of her finger. Kahli could feel the currents of magic running through the structure, like a strong fast river tumbling angrily down a mountain side. She could feel the strength, the purity. It was a feeling unlike she had experienced before.

She traced along the wall slowly, letting the tide pull her along with it. Step by step as she moved further into the tower she could feel the power swelling inside of her, growing. It was an incredible sensation and one that was highly addictive. She wanted more. The magic brought all her senses alive. It made her heart race and sharpened her thoughts. She wanted more. More. And even more than that.

Kahli got what her body yearned for as she ran her fingers along the stone wall, walking gradually further away from Lynch, his spire and the dragons.

'Chi'

'Child' came a soft echo in the far reaches of her mind

'CHILD' roared Krieums voice, hot with anger and dripping with concern. Upon hearing his voice, as a reflex, Kahli's hand immediately retreated from the stone walls. 'Be cautious of a change in wind' His tailed off as Kahli desperately tried to cling to it, the world started to fade before her as a blinding curtain fell over her sight and her body fell to the floor.

DaGlobster

Lynch kept an eye on Kahli as she wandered out a short distance, but continued his conversation. During the few key moments he was distracted by a particularly funny joke made on the young man's part, he missed her quickly growing fascination with the tower's magical defenses. When he looked back, she was already in the process of falling down onto the cold hard stone.

To the uninitiated and those unprepared for it, the tower's energies are intoxicating. Designed to thwart thieves and assaulters alike, the tower draws them in, blurring their consciousness and leaving only an aching desire to want more.

"Sweet Salem!" Lynch exclaimed, running over. Right after she hit the floor, he was there, knelt down to pick her up by the shoulder. "Rahtvhar! Are you alright?" He said. His voice held little cocern, but that may have just been his voice.

Fides advanced as well, peering down at Lynch and Kahli.

MrKrutiika

Kreium's mind began to race as he watched Kahli's body collapse, losing all signs of life. Without a moment's thought the dragon began to move toward her and within a couple of steps he was beside her motionless body. He pushed Lynch aside with the brush of his front leg creating space for himself. He didn't care for the stranger to be near her, nor did he care for what seemed like his concern.

He then brought his head down by hers and nuzzled her face with the tip of his nostril. His conscience couldn't find her breath nor her heart beat. Fear, followed by anger began to grow hot in his stomach. Without removing his eyes from his rider his voice roared to Fides "I KNEW YOU WERE NOT TO BE TRUSTED" he snarled "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO HER?"
But before he even gave her a chance to answer, Kreium felt a soft pulse returning, like a faded echo reaching out toward him from a land of great distance. "SILENCE!" He declared, turning his full attention on Kahli. Relief seeped through his sole as he felt the warmth of her breath and rhythm of her heart once more.

Though Kahli remained comatose, her body began to twist itself in a morose manner, as though it was fighting off pain. Something was not right. Kreium couldn't feel dark forces in the air, nor could he trace the current of magic. His mind tangled in confusion he resorted to question the dragon.

"I permit you answer me now, what is happening to my rider" Kreium asked Fides, though the volume of his voice had lowered there was sting in his tone.

[OOC: in terms of the magic, thinking that because it's concealed in the wall it's not detectable, hence why neither Kahli nor Krieum sensed it upon entering the building ;) ]