Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Tainted Revolution [DaGlobster] [Non Canon]

Started by MrKrutiika, April 26, 2014, 09:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaGlobster

When Kreium shoved Lynch, he kept his footing surprisingly well, only stumbling backwards a few steps. The squire reached for the massive musket strapped to his back, but Lynch held out a hand, and the squire's hands dropped to his sides. Some other passersby gawked at what was happening, a mixture of robed priests and armored initiates. One priest said something in The Order's secret language and clutched his holy book in a white-knuckled grip.

Occasionaly, unruly dragons would run amok in the hallways, usually as a result of mating disputes, but never a vengeful one. Lynch looked like he was about to explain what was happening, but Fides gave him a stern look. 'Let me handle this, Azariah' she said in his mind, and he nodded, and went to pacifying the small crowd that formed, barking a few orders.

Fides turned her gaze to Kreium, and took a few cautious steps towards him. She held her head low, to show she meant no harm.

'The tower's protected by magic, the walls course with it. Some, like your rider, are more sensitive to it than others. No proud dragon should ever admit this, but the same thing happened to me when I was first brought here. She'll be perfectly fine' Fides explained, trying to lock eyes with Kreium. She had been giving him all the signals, but she didn't know why he wasn't picking up on them. He had mentioned not seeing his kind much, but could he really be that detached?

MrKrutiika

Kreium maintained a stiff posture, only his tone softened upon the reassuring words Fides uttered. He took a slow deep breath, and upon releasing it, a few tendrils of smoked escaped his nostrils. 'Thank you' He replied, nothing more and nothing less. He truly appreciated Fides stillness within the wildfire that was spreading within his mind. The presence of another dragon had given him solace, a feeling he had yearned for in these lonesome years.

He stood like a towering shield by his rider, daring any peril to approach her. He could feel her heart finding a rhythm that he was familiar with, her breath grew strong and her body began to soothe itself into a light rhythmic twitch. Kreium could feel Kahli coming back to him. With every second that passed his faith in Fides grew a little stronger and Kahli grew a little closer.

Meanwhile, in Kahli's mind a play of disordered colours danced about her taking morbid shapes and telling horrifing tales. Disfigured bodies, charred, lain forgotten. She cringed as she was pulled back to the scene of the lifeless figure on the ground. The smell of burning flesh so putrid it pained her, so much so she found herself flinching. As she neared him she could see there was life in him yet. His eyes searched for mercy, they asked her, nay, begged her for forgiveness. They begged her to aid him, to spare his life, to stop the fire that ate away at his skin.

But her attention was stolen as she could hear Kreium calling out to her, she could see him circling above her, wistfully playing with the clouds that hung in the soft blue skies. When she looked back to the dying man, he was gone. When she looked up, her dragon was gone. And she was alone and it was calm.

DaGlobster

With the crowd dispersed, Lynch turned back to face Kahli, noting that both Fides and Kreium were looming over her. With all the calmness of an executioner about to saw someone's limbs off, Lynch stepped over there as well, beside Fides. He remained at the same distance as Fides, but every once in a while he'd take a careful step forwards, attempting to take a closer look.

"She's stable, we should get her to a bed so we can wait it out." Lynch offered, and leaned on one of Fides' legs.

(OOC: Sorry for the short post, hit a bit of a block.)

MrKrutiika

[OOC: Sorry I believe that to be my fault a little, as I don't think I gave you much to respond to in the previous post]

Kreium didn't want anyone to touch Kahli, but he understood the wisdom in Lynch's words. Giving a sharp look at the armed yet weathered man, for the first time, since their encounter in the skies, Kreium spoke out to him.

'I know not of your people, nor your magic, but I do know that you are not the same kind of human as  Kahli nor the people of the east. Your blood is darker and your magic cursed. I trust little of you, old soul and I throw greater caution to you then my rider. But even still you speak wise words; we must get her to a bed.'

His tone stung like dry poison but the volume of his voice remained soft. Kreium's anger had abated but his distrust in the people had grown. Strangely, however, he didn't stretch this magnitude of concern to Fides. Her carefully decorated words had started to melt Kreium's fear and he was finding that he was even a little relieved to be in another dragon's company.

Kreium gently lifted Kahli between his jaws, taking care that she rested between the palate of his mouth and his tongue, in order to prevent any harm coming to her flesh. Her twitches had reduced in frequency and the signs of life had restored themselves to what Kreium was familiar with.

'Where do you house your bed chambers' He questioned Lynch.

DaGlobster

Lynch was completely unfazed by Kreium's venomous words. Given his previous position in The Order as Dominus Venantium, Lord of All Hunters (a position prestigious enough to grant him promotion to Dominus Equites), the man's mind was built like a fortress wall.

"It's just this way, Kreium."Lynch said, and continued leading the way. Instead of falling in beside him, Fides walked by Kreium.

"These things happen every once in a while, you know. Young initiates, visitors, even elder members of The Order who arrive here for the first time sometimes have this happen to them. My dear Fides has assured you, and I can confidently assure you as well that no harm has befallen Kahli." Lynch said as they approached a large door. This door also bore the symbol of the Equites Fatas, except under it the word "Dominus" was emblazoned in brass.

As they approached, the doors swung open on massive, hydraulic hinges, revealing an exquisite chamber inside. It was mostly meant for Fides, so it contained many of the creature comforts a dragon could enjoy, including a swimming basin and a giant, cushioned pad for sleeping. Off to the side, there was a smaller, human-sized door that led to Lynch's office. Lynch's living space was in the same room and space as Fides', so he didn't have to sleep away from her. In fact, their beds were side-by-side.

Lynch led Kreium to his bed, and immediately left to get a patrol report filled out. "I'll be back momentarily. There're some things I need to take care of in my office." And with that, he was gone, stepping inside of his office.

Fides took a moment to walk towards a giant armor stand, and started using her claws to unbuckle and unstrap her plate armor. Once she was out of it, she arced her back and stretched a bit. Even without the armor, hers was an imposing, yet slender and delicate figure.

MrKrutiika

Kreium picked up Kahli gently between his teeth, her limp body hanging loosely between his scaled jaws. As he padded silently behind Fides, wisps of silver escaped him as he concentrated on forcing his body to breathe completely through his nostrils. Something that he found very alien. Dragons would often carry their pups like this, but their scales allowed them to tolerate the heat that soaked the air that stirred within their parents. Humans, however had soft delicate skin, easily charred and easily tainted.

After what seemed like an unending spiral of stairs, and hallways, they eventually reached the sleeping chambers. Kreium walked across the room with complete disregard for human etiquette and placed Kahli on Lynch's bed. He cared not for manners now, but only of his rider's ill health. He momentarily watched the aging human leave, and then returned his attention back to Kahli, watching her twitch and turn in her sleep, like father watching his child.

It was only after a few moments of silence that he became aware that Fides' presence remained. She was the warmth looming over the cold fear that grasped at his heart. He could not tell if this was the warmth of a foreign dragon or of something beyond that. His wisdom reached beyond the knowledge that was clasped within the leather that bound books, yet as a lone dragon, he knew little about matters of the heart, family and friendship.

But he did know about Kahli. That their bond was beyond rider, beyond father, brother and friend. She was part of him, and he, her.

[OOC: Sorry for this post, don't feel like it's up to normal standard, still trying to slip back into the flow]

DaGlobster

(Don't worry, it's a great post!)

Fides, still unwinding from the caravan raid, walked over to the water basin, drinking deeply of the crystal clear liquid. She lifted her head from it, and sighed, walking over to her bed. She kept her head low, and her expression soft. Since her bed was right next to the one occupied by Kahli, she didn't want to look like a threat to Kahli.

She laid down on her bed, placing one foreleg onto the other as she cast a concerned look at Kahli.

I understand the great pain that you feel, Kreium. It forces me to recall the time when my Lynch nearly lost his life she said, shuddering slightly. you must not be so hard on Lynch. He looks like a hard man, but that's because he's been through so much more than anyone in this tower. Under the scars and armor, he's got a good heart

MrKrutiika

Kahli remained in deep slumber, stirring as her strength slowly came back to her. Her breath grew in power and depth, and her eyes danced behind their lids, searching for the consciousness that she had carelessly misplaced.

Behind those closed eyes she was soaring with Kreium, free and unburdened with the weight of pain she carried within her heart. Surrounding her, were her old companions, her friends, their steeds and nothing but soft wisps of clouds to play with. She smiled, and it felt warm. She laughed and it echoed within the skies. It was a feeling of unmatched happiness, a feeling she hadn't felt in many an age.

Meanwhile Kreium continued to watch over her every move, noticing and studying the small remnant of a smile that trembled upon her lips. Though she was not back with him as of yet, this little flicker of emotion reassured him.

He spoke out to Fides without averting his gaze from his weakened rider,

'I do not mean to judge your rider so harshly. Though his actions are cruel, and his manner deceiving. I cannot lay my trust in a man who veils his abode with magic and I hope you do not expect me to do so. I believe him to be hiding a dirtied secret within these walls. A secret that I fear will endanger her life. I wish for her to remain as removed from such souls as it is deemed possible. But she is stubborn, and her heart is easily moulded. Please don't let her loyalty be manipulated in vain. Tell me of him, of his goodness, and his troubles.'

Though Kreium's tone was soft, he knew what he was asking of Fides and he knew it was a lot. To speak of your rider's weaknesses, their past and their loss, to others was sin. But Kahli had been hurt, and if Fides wished to gain Kreium's trust, she had to walk upon this sullied path. He felt a pang of guilt as he finished his last sentence, knowing the pain it would cause his new friend.

[OOC: I am probably gunna wake Kahli up in the next post. Just a heads up for you :)]

DaGlobster

Fides gave Kreium a look of uncertainty. Despite not being raised in the same environment, she was fully aware of the magnitude of his question, and even looked slightly taken aback. She didn't know who Kreium thought he was, asking a question like that when he was clearly in no place to ask it. Kreium needed to remember that he was a stranger here as well, and it's not like he was exactly trusted around here either.

Still, she couldn't help but to understand his reasons, but she wasn't going to give him everything, just what he needed to know.

"Lynch wasn't the best of men. He carries many sins with him, too many to count. When The Order was young, when the world was still flourishing and not torn by war, Lynch killed, burned, and sacrificed much for its cause, as have I under him. In these early years, with a burning hatred that The Order allowed him to vent, Lynch was nothing but sin. but..." She paused.

"when he became my rider, I was uncertain as well. The Order found me as an abandoned hatchling. My parents left me because they took my white coloration as a sign of weakness or sickness. He was brutal and calculating, and I was a traumatized young dragoness, but we...we changed each other. I was the first true companion he'd ever had as was he to me, and over the years, he's softened. My weakness taught him kindness, and his fearless prowess taught me strength. He's honest, almost too much so, and if he can help, he'll do all he can. He's left his sins in the past.

When she was done, Fides looked directly down in near-shame. Lynch had taught her better than this, and he would no doubt be disappointed when she'd tell him about this later. But for now, Lynch wasn't here. She shifted slightly closer to Kreium, silently enjoying the body heat he was giving off. It was tempting to lay her head tiredly against one of his shoulders, but she dared not to.