Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

I am the blister that bursts in your boot! [RHI!] [M]

Started by Aeytrious, May 08, 2014, 12:51:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aeytrious

Rufus could sense Einin's discomfort with this conversation. She seemed to grow physically smaller, taking up less space on the bed. It made him feel like protection her, and that meant dropping the conversation. So he did. He tried to think of a smooth segue to use, but he was sure she'd probably notice anyway. That didn't really matter though. If the topic made her uncomfortable, then it was no longer going to be discussed. He'd let her be the one to broach the subject in the future. Instead he moved to her.
        "Ready for another ride?" Without explanation, or waiting for her to reply, he bent and scooped her up into his arms. As he pulled her from the bed, the covers wrapped snugly around her, he gave her a small smile. "Time to get all the grime off of you." He'd carried her this way before, but the action had been leading to something sexual. This time it was tender and caring, without the lustful groping. He carried her through his bedroom, down a short hall, and into an adjoining room with a beautiful and luxurious bath. He gently set her on a slipper chair next to the bath and then proceeded to show her how to use it.
        "The wizard that made it for me called this spigot like spout a faucet. You turn this left handle with the ruby to the left to get hot water. The one on the right with the sapphire turns right for cold water. You can blend them to your own preferred temperature. The magic of the tub keeps the water from losing any heat unless you add cold to it, and it keeps it always clean." Rufus smiled a bit wider than was usual for him. He loved showing off his toys, and this was one of his favorites. "You'll also notice that the tub will never overflow, no matter how hard you try, and when you step out you'll be completely dry. It's a pretty amazing piece of work." He looked then to see if she was impressed at all. "I have one that could comfortably fit five people back at my estate."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
ArjanDirkElijahGeldGulliusHiram
HerewardKheelanKurohanaLex
MalilaMelyndariaMowellesaQuinnlyn
SehrayanahTiberiusValencia
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Scooped up into his arms, Einin gasped and grabbed onto the blanket with one hand out of reflex, and threw the other arm around Rufus's neck to hold on. She had been about to ask just what on earth he was doing when he spoke and she realized this must mean it was bath time.

Thank every god and goddess in heaven and Earth. She was so ready to not be covered in three types of blood and who knows what else. She was trying not to think of it--and with a slight pang of unease, she realized she actually hadn't seen what she looked like at all yet.

She shoved the thought away and smiled back at Rufus. "All this carrying. I'm going to forget how to walk!" she teased.

Soon they were in the bathing room. Settled on the seat and bundled in blankets, Einin paid close attention to Rufus's tutorial and leaned forward with interest. What he said sounded far too good to be true! It didn't lose heat? Water didn't need to be toted in first and heated over a fire? Never overflowed? You stepped out and were dry?! She stared at the tub with wide eyes, and then at Rufus when he looked at her--and, indeed, impressed didn't begin to cover the expression she was wearing.

"Soooo...you're saying you're going to get me one, too, right? That's what I'm hearing right now," she said at last and flashed him a winning smile. "Or you're saying I'm going to be coming here a lot. Because one of those things is absolutely true and I don't particularly care which one."

Rising to her feet with the blankets still wrapped around her, she paused a moment to collect her bearings, because her legs felt a little shaky. Probably because she hadn't eaten, or she was still a ball of nerves. Moving to the tub's side, she reached out a hand and turned one knob and passed her hand under the water--ice cold--and then turned it off before turning on the other and feeling the water then. True to Rufus's word, it was hot enough she jerked her hand back in surprise before giving a delighted laugh.

"This is amazing! No, seriously, Rufus, you realize you're never getting rid of me now, right? I reeeally hope you understand the gravity of what you've just done."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Aeytrious

Rufus smiled at Einin's improved mood, and at the wonder she expressed. The tub was one of his favorites. Investing in untested magics was a big deal to him, and though most often it was fruitless, things like this were worth the money.
        "You are welcome down here anytime, though I think it best you maintain your Owl disguise down here. Einin is always welcome at the Handelaar estate as well, and like I said, my tub at home is much larger. Though we should be careful that I don't see you naked too often. I must avoid the temptation of your amazing body." He stood to leave, and give her her privacy. "I'm famished, so I'll be fetching a meal for myself. Is there anything you would like? I'll see if it's available this early in the morning."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Einin fiddled with the knobs as Rufus spoke, turning on both and testing the waters until hot and cold blended into the perfect mixture of just rightness.

"Oh, trust me, I'll be taking you up on that. You'll get sick of me!" she said, absently passing her hand back and forth beneath the water's stream. "Anyway, yeah! I could use some food. I'll take whatever you've got!"

She paused, grimaced. "Just, uhm...yeah, no meat. Anything else is good! Now shoo!" With a playful grin, she flicked water at his face. "I wanna test this thing out!"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Aeytrious

Before Rufus departed, he grabbed a small wooden bottle off the nearby vanity and tossed it to Einin.
        "That is my soap," he told her, "A Sorcerer that lives in Connlaoth, of all places, makes it. It's completely fragrance free. Keeps things from smelling you. Plus it suds the water well. You can hide under the bubbles when I bring back food." He noticed as he was turning to leave that her butt peaked through the blankets around her. What a nice butt it was, he was going to enjoy her upcoming blush. "That way I won't see any more of your splendid nudity. One last glance at your amazing backside is enough to make me happy for the rest of my life." And he only waited for her cheeks to color before he turned to go. It was time to get some food in both of them.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Einin caught the soap in a one-handed grab and gave it a curious sniff. Indeed, it didn't smell like anything. Maybe it smelled like the bottle itself if she really tried.

"Thanks!" she said, and poured some of the soap under the water's stream. Immediately, it began to suds up--and she realized she may have poured in a little too much, considering its current rate-of-suds. Oh well! That meant more coverage, she supposed!

Speaking of coverage...

"RUFUS!" With a scarlet blush, Einin whipped the blanket over her bottom so fast it was a blur, and it was lucky that Rufus was well on his way out, because the only thing that saved him from getting a soap bottle bouncing off his head was the now closed door. She had it raised in her hand, ready to chuck it at him, and glowered at the shut door.

Jeez. Fiance or not, it looked like some things never changed...

Rubbing her hot face to try and rub out the blush, she waited a few seconds to be sure that she was truly alone before she let the blanket drop. Moving fast, she slipped into the tub, and whatever agitation she'd felt melted out of her as the water soaked into her muscles. She sank in to her chin, then held her breath and dunked her head to get her hair wet. When she came up, bubbles were piled onto her head, and she couldn't help but laugh.

This was amazing. And the bubbles? Well, shit. She didn't care if she was old enough to marry. For a few moments, she could forget what had happened mere hours ago as she enjoyed the warm water and, like anyone else in her position would do, played with the bubbles instead of going straight to scrubbing.

When Rufus returned, he'd find her with a pointy bubble hat, a sudsy goatee, and a handful of bubbles ready to toss at him. Of course, she'd also made sure to pile the suds around her high enough to obscure her chest. Not taking any chances there!

Aeytrious

Alko had been a step ahead of him. With the chaos of the Den dealing with Rufus returning, the large number of injured and dead Wolves, and the other underlying torrents, the bartender had managed to make food. Rufus returned to Einin not long after he had departed, Alko in tow. He was juggling three trays stacked with plates, Alko was carrying two. They brought an assortment of eggs, potatoes, vegetables, beans, rice, bread, and pastas. There was a variety of sauces and dips, but only one small plate of meat. Einin may not have been in the mood for it after her ordeal, but Rufus needed the protein. They placed the trays on a table and then the two of them carried the table over to the tub. They exchanged words, that were all in the common tongue, but made no sense in the order or combination. The one word that stood out to Einin was her name which was supposed to be kept secret here in the Wolves Den.
        "I hope you enjoy the food Lady Einin," Alko said before turning and leaving the room, shutting the door behind him.
        "That was Alko," Rufus told her, "he is much more skilled at making food and mixing drinks than at thieving. He's a remnant of my Zantaric days. You can trust him more readily than you trust me." Rufus grabbed a chair and dragged it over to the tub. As he sat down he picked up a slice of bacon from the table that was now within easy reach of Einin, and shoved it in his mouth. He had noticed her bubble art and now gave her a funny grin. Then he saw that though her skin had mostly come clean, the ugly marks on her flesh were remaining. He reached forward and took her by the arm, pulling her forward, out of the water, exposing her nudity.
        "Lemme see," he said, craning his neck to get a look at her back. "Still there. That's unfortunate," he said with a frown. "We can get rid of all the scars, but it will be painful. Tonight, or this morning I guess, probably isn't the time for it." He let go of her arm then, returning his attention to the food. He was too focused on feeding himself to take notice of her response to being pulled to a position where her breasts were exposed. Really he was so hungry and tired he didn't even notice her exposed breasts, as pert and perky as they were.
        "You should probably eat while it's hot," he stuffed a sausage link in his mouth. "There's a robe on that screen you can wear," he pointed, gesturing blindly with his fork as he took a bite of a carrot. "You're not much shorter than me so it should be fine."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Einin had been braced and ready to blow a handful of bubbles at Rufus, but when another man entered the room alongside Rufus, her eyes went wide with surprise and she sank up to her chin in the frothy water. Rufus was one thing; after everything that had happened, she felt comfortable enough in his presence. For that matter, she trusted he wouldn't bring anyone around her that would hurt her.

But that didn't mean she wanted an audience!

Even if it was an audience that came bearing platefuls of food.

No, on second thought...that was acceptable. For the smell hit her nose then, and Einin's stomach rumbled, reminded that it had been days since she'd eaten more than an apple.

Though when the man said her real name, that rumbling turned into a panicked churning until Rufus reassured her. "Oh," she breathed, relaxing again, and returned his silly grin with a sheepish one. She knew she looked ridiculous. But before she could do much more than turn her head to look at the meal those two had brought her, Rufus suddenly took her by the arm and pulled her forward and partially out of the water.

"H-hey!" Einin yelped, taken off guard, and she had to grab the edge of the tub with her free hand to keep her balance. Which, of course, left her exposed. The quick change from warm water to cool air was not kind on her as gooseflesh rose along her skin, and more sensitive areas responded in kind. Einin's face flushed with more than just the heat of the bath and she shrank back from Rufus as a strange, new mix of emotions mingled with the usual embarrassment: shame, and a hint of fear. It was instinctive more than anything; she didn't fear Rufus or his intentions. But she had spent the last day--or more, she didn't know, time had ceased to exist--chained and naked, beaten and slashed, dragged around, threatened with rape and death. Here she was safe, but she was still just as naked and felt just as vulnerable.

The moment passed just as quickly and, with a gasp, Einin sank back into the water when he released her. She curled up, arms around her belly, throat tight, and breath a little more shallow than usual. She drew a slow breath to try to control her pulse and realized a couple beats too late that Rufus had been saying things, and she should respond.

"I'll, uh, I'll get out in a bit," she finally said. Probably silly to be worried about him seeing anything now--he'd already seen, and touched--tasted--everything. But even knowing that, she still felt body shy. Committed man or not, she was...confused. She still hadn't fully grasped what it meant that he was engaged.

Einin rubbed her arm.

"As for the scars..." She couldn't help but shudder, even in the warmth. She had refused to look at them, but she knew what was there. "I think I want them dealt with sooner rather than later." It was bad enough to have the memories, but to have the evidence etched into her skin?

"At this point, there's no pain I can't bear. In fact..." With a humorless laugh, she pushed wet hair from her face and looked up at Rufus. "As crazy as it sounds, I think I could use some good pain."

Aeytrious

Oh my, Alko had apparently found a pear. It was sliced and laying on a plate, and Rufus grabbed a piece and shoved it into his mouth with a sigh. He loved pears. It was a weakness. He only half heard Einin mention she wanted the scars removed this morning, that she could use some good pain. It took it a moment to register, and his eyes widened a bit and he looked up  to see the way she was sitting. He immediately rose and took the one step it took to reach her.
        "Hey, you okay?" He sat on the floor by the tub and scooped up some suds. He spread them onto her face like a beard as she sat curled up. Then he flicked just a little water at her face. "You know what?" he asked her, "I was planning on taking care of some urgent matters in the Soot Wolves, but they can wait. I'll have to go see Dylanna tonight, but today I'm gonna stay with you. Everything will be okay." He reached into the tub and pulled her slowly toward him. His sleeves soaked up the water as he pulled her close to be held. Like a wick, they drew the moisture from her as well quickly becoming soaked. The magic that dried you as you left the tub wouldn't work for him, as he was not in the tub, but he didn't mind. He pressed the side of his face into the top of her wet head, and his new makeup began to melt onto her. Seeing it from the corner of his eye he pulled away. After peeling off his prothesis, he dunked his face into the water and began rubbing at it vigorously to remove the paint. When he was finished, the water came clean with the magic of the tub, but he was even more wet than before.
        "Why don't we get you measured and fitted for a new suit of studded leather armor?" He gave Einin a nice smile as the water dripped from his face, some of the soot in his hair running at the temples. "I was thinking something Owl themed." He smiled at the very obvious idea.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Argh, nooo. Rufus wasn't supposed to ask the dreaded question, you okay? Because Einin wasn't okay, but she was trying to hold it together, and that question, of course, reminded her of how not okay she was. Like a magic word, it made her eyes burn as tears welled up and her throat tightened with emotion, but she blinked hard against them and smiled a crooked smile when Rufus spread bubbles on her face and flicked water at her.

Try as she might to hide it, she supposed it was obvious. That was a pretty crazy thing to say, but she meant it. And judging by his words, Rufus knew.

Selfish as it was, Einin felt flooded with relief knowing he'd spend the day with her. She nodded at his words, a few tears slipping free--though she hoped it wasn't noticeable as they mixed with the water on her face--but it became harder to hide them when he assured her everything would be okay. Looking away, she wiped at her face and pretended she was just washing it, until he pulled her into an embrace.

This time, Einin didn't resist.

The gesture was softer, slower, and didn't startle her as being pulled from the water had, and the tension soon melted out of her muscles. She leaned into him, head resting just under his cheek, and closed her eyes. The gesture was safety, and a reassurance that matched his words, and when he pulled away it felt too soon.

When she saw why, however, she couldn't help but give a halfhearted snort. "Hah. You're melting." And while he cleaned off the makeup, Einin dunked her head to wash off the makeup that had no doubt gotten all over her.

She came back up, both of them dripping water, and parted the curtain of her hair so she could see him. She blinked water from her eyes. "Owl-themed studded leather armor?" she repeated, a small smile curving her lips. "I like the sound of that."

Einin tilted her head to get some water out of her ear, and her wet bangs flopped across her face. "Ah...thank you, by the way. For staying," she said, looking down at the water. "I know you've got a lot to do."

Aeytrious

"I have quite a bit to take care of, but it can wait," Rufus told Einin. "Someone's been causing trouble, and one of my leaders is missing. The organization is supposed to be able to work even with chaos among us. With the way the leader changed so often before I took the reigns, I think they can survive for a while if I take care of personal things. Alko will bring me reports and I can take care of things from here."
        Rufus leaned in and gave Einin a light kiss on her forehead. "What would you like to do?"
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

"I...I think I wanna get rid of the scars," Einin said quietly, expression going distant. Ever since Rufus mentioned the scars, she had a hard time thinking of much else, though she'd been trying hard to hold herself together and talk about the things Rufus brought up. But as soon as he asked what she wanted to do, her mind reeled right back to that.

Sitting back in the tub a little, no longer caring what the bubbles did or didn't cover as her mind went to darker places, she rubbed at her shoulders, idly scratching at them. Her back felt itchy. Not because it really was, but because now she was hyper-aware of the scars, and was imagining she could feel the shapes of the letters, etched into her skin. PIGEON. Gods.

She shivered despite the warmth of the bath. "I really don't want that in my skin. I-I just...I want him gone."

Aeytrious

Rufus grimaced at that. He could understand wanting to remove the evidence of the ordeal. He wore his scars as reminders, as a badge of honor, but many saw them as fuel for nightmares. Part of him thought Einin should keep it, but the look on her face stopped him from telling her so. He reached out and stroked her delightful pink hair. Free of the grime, and cleansed by his soap, it had a lovely wet glean to it. He leaned in and tipped her head up so her eyes met his.
        "For luck," he said to her, "and for strength." He gave her a small kiss on the mouth. Affectionate without lust, it was a very loving kiss, almost like one would give family. Almost. There was just a hint of the desire he had for young Einin, in the press of his lips. He pulled back slowly, after the brief exchange, and gave her a sweet smile.
        "It's going to hurt worse than when that goblin carved it into you," Rufus told Einin. "I will hold your hand, and we'll give you a leather strap to bite down on. I'll have Alko bring you a strong drink to dull your senses, but not too much. Drink makes you bleed, and blood will make the cutting messy. Chora is going to have to flay off the section with the word," his expression was sour as he said the words. "Then when you drink a potion to heal it, the skin will be fresh and smooth. We've used the technique to remove deserters brands, slave tattoo's, and many other marks that are supposed to never come off," he explained. "I can have them come now if it suits you. It's best to do it in the warm comfort of the bath. Not to mention the ease of cleaning it away."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Rufus kissed her, and Einin felt her throat tighten and eyes burn with sudden, repressed emotion. She felt the subtle desire there, and the affection, and it made her chest ache as she remembered, with sudden clarity, that he had a fiance now.

And it wasn't her.

Abruptly, it felt crushing. He'd told her earlier, she'd heard, but she hadn't really accepted and now, feeling vulnerable already, that tender reminder just made her feel worse.

"I didn't feel it when he carved me. I wasn't awake," Einin muttered, voice slightly choked. She looked away and wiped quickly at her eyes before hugging herself again. "Not for that, at least. I, um, I was awake for everything else...you didn't even see everything they did." She drew a deep breath, face pale as she felt along the edges of the scars with her fingers. She was trying to talk herself up, to not feel panicked by the graphic depiction Rufus was painting (flay, blood, messy, cutting), and though she wanted those scars gone more than she wanted to not hurt, it was still nothing short of terrifying.

"I sneaked a potion. He undid all that progress, though, but...I just mean...what I'm trying to say is, it'll be okay. It can't hurt worse than everything they did and, um..." She drew a finger across one of the letters, stomach recoiling at the texture. "Like I said...I...I want good pain. To replace the bad. I hope Chora's blade hurts worse. So I can forget his knife hurting me, but remember Chora's knife taking it all away..."

Taking it all away. Even as Einin said it, she realized it sounded nonsensical, as though Chora could cut and bleed away the nightmare. As though erasing the last day or so was as simple as slicing away the scars.

As though another bit of slicing would distract her from other pains.

"So...sure. They can come now. I mean, what's some more stabbing, right?"

Aeytrious

Rufus winced at her words, more stabbing. He didn't want to subject her to this but it was what she wanted, and so he made it so. He kissed the top of her head before he rose, and he exited shortly. A few short minutes later, or perhaps an eternity, depending on your point of view, he returned with Alko and Chora. Alko had a bottle in his hand that he offered to Einin while Chora and Rufus carried in a cauldron. The cauldron, holding a small amount of wood and parchment, was placed next to the tub. Chora pulled a stool over, and Rufus brought a low table. Rufus knelt beside the tub and explained exactly what they'd do while she drank what Alko gave her. In the mean time, Chora set out her tools, and started a fire in the cauldron.
        "Chora is going to use a sterile blade to cut beneath the scars. Then she'll cut to each side, then across the top. This is so the blood will not run down into her work and make the blade slip. She's going to spread a numbing paste across your back, so the cuts you won't feel much. The paste does little for what comes next," he told her grimly, "she's going to slice your skin off completely. The flaying will be terrible, but you mustn't jerk, flinch, or flail. That could cause the skin to tear off, and enduring her digging up a new piece to grab hold of will be nearly unbearable." He knew his words were likely terrifying Einin, and he looked to check Chora's progress. Already she was leaning Einin forward, drying her back and spreading on the paste. The fire burned fiercely beside her, and she held her blade at the ready. Alko took the drink from Einin, and handed her a leather strap to bite down on, then he exited the room. He didn't have the stomach for this kind of thing. As his Little Bird put the strap between her teeth, Rufus put out his hands for her to hold onto, and his eyes met hers, lending her his strength.
        "We'll start when you're ready," Chora said in her soft voice, "just give me a nod."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

It felt like an eternity. Einin just wanted it to be over already, before she lost her nerve--because despite her bold words, she really started to fret while Rufus was gone, her stomach twisting itself into knots. This was crazy. This was so, so crazy. Was she really going to let them skin her? Just to be rid of some ugly scars that were already healed, and that she wouldn't even be able to see most of the time?

Yes. Yes, she was.

By the time Rufus returned with his small entourage, she felt sick. And it certainly didn't help as she watched Chora set up her tools, her eyes taking in all those sharp, ominous torture instruments. She jerked her eyes away and happily took the bottle from Alko, and she tipped her head back and started to gulp it down, even as Rufus explained. It burned her throat and nose, but she didn't care, and sucked it down like it was honey.

She wanted to be really, really drunk for this.

She didn't stop drinking until Alko took the bottle from her, and she reluctantly relinquished it. Wiping her mouth, she leaned forward as Chora directed her, and shivered at the cool touch of the paste. Looking up at Rufus, she gave him a harrowed look.

"I think I could have been spared the details," she said stiffly, her imagination already taking his description and running wild with it. "I'm not sure that made it better." And then she took the leather between her teeth and clamped down, her breath coming out fast through her nose. She was feeling blessedly tipsy now, at least, and it was starting to build up to mild drunkenness, and she prayed that would dull it more.

She grabbed Rufus's hands and squeezed them, looking up at him. This was her decision. Her choice. It was what she wanted, and though it scared her, she couldn't live with those scars. She couldn't.

So, time to bleed away the nightmare.

Glancing over at Chora, she gave a small nod, then looked back to Rufus and sucked in a deep breath, biting down on the leather harder.

Aeytrious

Chora began her gruesome work. The paste must have been working, because Einin didn't flinch at the contact of the knife. The first four cuts would feel like nothing more than some pressure. Chora had to cut deep enough that the scars would be removed on the first try. It would not be an experience Einin would want to endure a second time. She cut across with the crookedly marked letters, not quite deep enough to expose the muscle, but nearly. The next two cuts were quick and easy. Straight lines down, the guiding path of when she peeled the flesh away. The last was nearly as crooked as the first, going along the course of the poorly scrawled word. Once finished Chora rinsed her blade in the warm tub water and watched the blood disappear. She set it aside and reached for her next tools. A thin and flexible knife, so sharp it could slice through hardened leather, and a long handled clamp.
        Chora pushed the blade into the top cut and turned it in at an angle. She began to cut under the skin that had been sectioned off. As the area came loose, she grabbed it with the clamps and began peeling it back as she cut. The pain would horrible, though improved with the strong drink and the numbing paste. Chora worked quickly knowing that even with her senses dulled, the pain could cause Einin to pass out and go into shock. Luckily the skin did not tear or break, so it came off fairly quickly. She dropped the excised flesh into her cauldron, poured something over it, and the flames grew rapidly. Something magical prevented the scent of burning flesh. Instead the smoke smelled of lavender. Chora moved quickly around to hand Einin a double dose of healing potion, and then moved to watch the girls back heal. She had to make sure that she hadn't missed anything.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

At first, it wasn't so bad. There was pressure, so Einin knew Chora was working on her, but she kept her eyes ahead and her grip tight on Rufus's hands. Maybe the drink and paste would be strong enough after all. Maybe she wouldn't feel it, or much at all. Maybe Rufus had only been preparing her for the worst case scenario, and had built it up as something nightmarish so she'd be relieved when it only hurt moderately.

Yeah, she was completely wrong.

Suddenly, the pain came, raw and brutal, and for a moment it stole Einin's breath away so she couldn't breathe, couldn't cry out, could only reel in shock from the intensity of it. No, no, she had this. It was bad, but not excruciating, she could do this, she could do this...

She whimpered and bit down on the leather, hard enough that her jaw ached, and squeezed Rufus's fingers until she heard a joint pop--his or her own, she wasn't sure. More flaying, and fresh agony ripped through her back, burning like fire and stabbing like knives, and it steadily intensified. She could feel the pressure of something being pulled, hear a subtle, fleshy sound, and the coppery smell of blood soon wafted through the air. More pain, peeling flesh. Einin screamed around the leather and clenched her eyes shut and bore down against the pain as best as she could, tears escaping from beneath her shut eyes and dripping down her chin. It wasn't long before she was choking out sobs, but she tried hard not to move, tried hard to control her shaking, even as her head swam and she started to feel sick and faint, and then--

Chora held a potion out to her, and Einin let go of Rufus's hand only so she could grab it. She spat the leather out into the tub and gulped the potion down, choking on it between body wracking sobs. It worked blessedly fast. Sweet relief soon spread to her back as the flayed flesh healed, and before long the pain was just a memory--a horribly vivid memory.

Trembling, Einin set the vial down on the ground beside the tub and collapsed forward with a shuddering sob, resting her arms against the rim of the tub and burying her face into her arms as she cried. It was over now, but Kia, Rufus hadn't been joking, and she struggled to get a hold of herself, though she couldn't stop shaking in the aftermath.

Aeytrious

Rufus nodded in thanks to his once lover, and always trusted associate. Chora gave a grim smile and a nod of her own, and retreated from the bathing room. She took her implements with her, leaving the cauldron for later. The lavender scented smoke of Einin's devoured flesh still drifted up from the dark iron vessel. It blessedly covered the smell of blood in the air. Rufus leaned passed Einin, splashing warm water up her back, rinsing away the remainder of the blood there, as he inspected the new flesh. It was flawless. He gently rubbed her back and leaned in to kiss right at the center of where the word had been. He fetched the leather strap out of the water and tossed it aside, then stroked his hands through her hair. Her body was clean, and the reminder of her nearly deadly encounter had been removed, and she was crying out some of her pain and fear. These were all good things. She would need time for her mind and soul to heal, but she would heal.
        Rufus made a decision, and reached into the tub wrapping his arms around Einin. "Come here," he said, as he lifted her from the tub. The magic of the tub dried he, but left his arms wet as he cradled her. He carried her, nude, back to his sleeping chamber, setting her on the queen sized bed. He left her there and exited back to the bathing room, disrobing as he went. A few minutes later he returned. He was wearing only a pair of loose white smallclothes, and he looked freshly bathed. He carried the bowl of fruit Alko had brought, and the bedding that had been wrapped around Einin when he carried her earlier. He set the fruit on the bedside table, and spread the bedding across Einin. He made sure all the locks on all his doors were fully secure, then Rufus, or perhaps Ryk, climbed into the bed beside Einin. He did not let her fuss or object. He pulled her nude form to him, wrapping his arms around her, and simply held her.
        "Sleep Little Bird," he told her, "if you fear nightmares, there is a tonic in the drawer there that will give you dreamless sleep. I am going to hold you, like I did the night you stayed at my home, you will be safe, and you will sleep. I need to sleep as well. Today you rest and I keep you safe."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Einin calmed a little under Rufus's caresses, as they reassured her, grounded her, and brought her back to herself. It was over. It was all over. The deed was done, she was in the bath in Rufus's quarters, the evidence of her nightmare was gone, it was over, and she was safe. She'd hoped the intensity of this experience, done was for a positive reason and with her consent, would replace her memories of torture, but as it turned out, that wasn't really how it worked. Partway through the flaying, she'd gotten flashes of memory, of being naked and cut back there, and she was still trying to shove it out of her head as Rufus kissed her back.

But then he lifted her out of the tub, and she curled into his arms, and found he let her go too soon. She could have happily stayed in those arms much longer, and the bed, though comfortable, felt far colder, lonelier. Turning onto her side, she curled into a ball and wiped at her closed eyes with a hand. The tears were still coming, and she was still shivering, but she was slowly coming back down from the horrible place she'd gone.

She didn't know how much time had passed when she heard Rufus return, and felt the softness of the blanket falling over her, and the gentle pressure on the bed that told her he was climbing in. Then, she felt his warmth as he slid in next to her--and then he was pulling her against him, and she tensed, her body heating. She was naked! And from the feel of it, as her back pressed against his chest, he practically was, too! And though he'd held her like this before, it had been after they'd made love, and a confusing flood of emotions rushed through her.

Einin let out her breath slowly, having realized she was holding it. And then, after a tense moment, she let herself relax, and turned around in his arms so she could press her cheek to his chest and curl against him. This way, she could hear his heartbeat, and right then that gave her comfort.

"Is this...is this okay?" she asked at last, voice small. She sniffled, closing her eyes again. "Doing this? You're engaged now."