Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Conflicted souls~ {closed-how unfortunate...}

Started by pryatama aphrodite, May 08, 2014, 05:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryatama aphrodite

It was the world, dipping and swaying, that confused the kirn. Her purple fur stood dark against the shadows the forest cast over her. Her claws retracted, and she willed her eyelids to continually stay open. Unfortunately... It was to no avail, as the fell closed like a led weight to water. So soon...

Wicked Basket

Despite his dedication and devotion to the Vigilant Shadows, Jacob just needed to get away from the Clockwork City once awhile and patrol some random location of his choosing. It felt good to just get out and have some alone time without having to worry about new recruits running around. As he walked he came across a fox...no, a girl?....a foxgirl? That was unusual. Jacob has travelled far and seem much during his time as a Ranger, but he had never seen a foxgirl before. The edicts demanded that he care for the Dark Mothers. Though this foxgirl was not one, she potentially could be.

Jacob scooped up the foxgirl into his arms and took her to a cave that he knew was nearby. Taking a blanket from his pack, he rolled it up into a pillow and laid the foxgirl down. She was wounded, though Jacob knew not by what. After he had a small fire going he began tending to her injuries. Some of these treatments took him awfully close to more delicate locations, but luckily he could avoid those locations as he worked. He wouldn't want her to think that he was taking advantage of her. That would be a very terrible representation of the Vigilant.

pryatama aphrodite

Her eyes slowly opened, albeit halfway, and gazed up at the starry sky. By evidence of the fire and shadow cast half over her body, she said, "hm... I can practically FEEL the generosity..." She pushed up on one paw and palmed her left eyesocket, collecting the moisture left by the tear gas. "If it isn't too cliche, where the hell am i?"

Wicked Basket

"You're in a cave," Jacob replied simply.

He set down some water and what appeared to be rabbit next to her. Then, he went and sat by the fire.

"In case you're hungry."

pryatama aphrodite

"Many thanks." She curled her fingers around a limp leg, and seized a stray stick. It penetrated the small animal, and she held it over the fire to cook and become mildly delectable. The firelight licked along her purple fur, and casual wear, her ears twitching at a rustle to the left, though she didn't care to look and scope out what was to be later proven as a woodland creature.

Wicked Basket

Jacob sat in silence for a bit as the foxgirl cooked her rabbit. She seemed comfortable being here with him, so now might be a good time to ask a couple questions.

"Do you know who or what it was that attacked you," he asked.

pryatama aphrodite

"I suppose the natzi won't suffice..."she said. Her long, white tipped tail taking a curl around the front of her feet. Her slender fingers picking at the twigs and things left in the bushy fur. "Some organization went to war wlith my kind at an earlier time, and thought my tedious spying was a link to the cult... Whoever they are, but in truth, it was merey a petty war..."

Wicked Basket

Well, that gave Jacob pretty much nothing to go on, so he just left it be. As long as she was safe he was doing his duty, and doing your duty was all that mattered. Now on to the next question.

"Who are you," he asked. "What is your name?"

pryatama aphrodite

She retracted the stick from its place above the fire, and picked off the scorched lieces of flesh. Catching sight of the white gleam of its bone, and feeling her stomach contract. "Kayla." She cared not to ask for his own, catching eye of his way of speaking and already beginning to think gentlemenly aspects didn't quite apply to his character.

Wicked Basket

"Who were you spying for," Jacob asked her. "And who didn't like it?"

pryatama aphrodite

It was a demonic religious group. I know thise two words contradict each other but no better way to explain it. They were holding both me and several of my kin in cells and being cliche as fuck. Soon enough i broke away, and used both my knowledge and skill to observe their goings on. The group that took me in were war camps. Here I am~"

Wicked Basket

"Where are your kin being held," Jacob asked. "I will set them free."

It was not an offer. He would set them free. Demonic religious groups could not be allowed to stain the world and thus must be removed, and who better to do that than the Vigilant Shadows? Even if she didn't tell him, he would find out.

pryatama aphrodite

Kayla looked as far left as her eyes would allow without turning her head. "I can't tell you. Its not really a place you can verbally describe without confusing it was hedghog mounds."
She lifted a hand, and brushed her fingers over a scar. "Besides... they fornicate women."

Wicked Basket

"All the more reason for them to be stopped," Jacob said to her. "If you cannot tell me then you could perhaps show me. If you will not show me then just point me in the direction that I must go and I will do what must done. I will set your kin free and removed that demon cult from existence, but you need to give me something to go off of."

pryatama aphrodite

"Why the curiosity?"
She stood and stretched, water bottle clutched in her leather fingerless gloved paw. She sipped at the water, and tossed it in the water.
"Follow the smoke..."
The smoke billowed near instantly, and she ran east.

Wicked Basket

"Hey, wait!"

But it was too late. The strange fox-girl was already off like a shot. Jacob gave chase, but she was nowhere in sight. How could she vanish like that? Having really no other option, Jacob went toward the smoke. It was his duty as a Vigilant Shadow to eradicate such vile cults from being, especially ones that targeted women. The cult posed too much of a threat to the Dark Mothers. It must be eliminated.

pryatama aphrodite

Kayla knew she had lost him, because when her legs really pumped, they wouldn't stop until they tire. As we speak, she's still got it going... However, she had told him to follow the smoke. Who knew air pollution would ever be considered 'helpful'?

Wicked Basket

Jacob continued making his way through the woods towards the smoke. What would he find at that smoke? Was that fox-girl on her way there as well? So many questions and yet no answers. Well, he would find out when he got there.

pryatama aphrodite

She arrived on the outskirts of the mounds of satanic death. An exageration she would never stop using.
She got down on all fours and bound like a real fox down a pass that led to the back gates, electricuted but left unlocked and accsessable if the handle is grabbed the right way.