Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hopelessly Lost [Open]

Started by Terrick, June 12, 2014, 09:09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terrick

Mindlessly wandering the roads and pathways, Bryer hummed to himself and let his feet choose their own path. Every now and again he would pause, stopping to admire the scenery or crouching down to sniff a particular blossom. The trail he followed curved away into a thickening copse of trees, the patterned shade of their leaves all but obscuring the sunlight. What shafts of light penetrated the canopy were more than enough to see by though, and what began as a tight, meandering trail began to open again onto a beautiful clearing.

The clearing was breathtaking, almost eerily so. The hitch in his heart was swayed by the distant sound of voices, however. A small squelching rumble answered from his stomach; the long walk had certainly taken it's toll on his hunger. Chuckling, not a little embarrassed, he began to cross over the grass as a strange sense of peace and tranquillity settled over him. The sound of the voices grew as he turned corner round a particularly large tree trunk, when he stopped in wonder.

Milling about on the soft grass were a few dozen people, but it was the variety that surprised Bryer. Both skin and hair, nearly no two persons seemed the same. Many chatted or laughed, a rare few carried weapons of similar variety, though all were kept sheathed. Some folk seemed to be haggling over items, or greeting what he assumed were friends or family rarely seen. With his grin spreading at the scene before him, he muttered to himself.

"I am thoroughly and hopelessly lost..."

chandonr

Vivian walked out of the front gates in Arca. She commonly came to Arca to explore the different types of books and items they had for sale, but it was now time for her to leave. The sun was shining bright on her face, and she could feel the heat radiating on her skin. Another thing she loved about Arca was that everyone used their magic in the open, including her. Her katana was strapped to her side, but she was wearing regular city clothing.

As soon as she exited the front gate, she thought about her home in Ketra. Vivian closed her eyes and looked up. Anyone looking at her would see her starting to glow with a blue aura, and then after 15 seconds...poof.. she would be gone.

She could feel the butterflies in her stomach, which she felt every time she teleported. Vivian could tell that she was in teleport, quickly making her way to Adela. But then, something felt off. It felt as if she was going in and out of teleportation. This only happened to her when she went through an energy field of sorts.

The wind started to blow Vivian, and she could feel the sensation of falling. She had come out of teleportation. She opened her eyes and saw that she was in mid-air. The ground looked like any ground, and she had no clue of her location, she just knew that she was falling.

Vivian tried to go back into teleport, but each time, it would not work. It was like her powers weren't responding to her commands. She quickly approached the ground. Running out of options, Vivian tries the last trick up her sleeve. She focused on becoming intangible.

She could feel her body rapidly going in and out of a phased state, but eventually she maintained her phased state. She continued the same speed she was going before. The ground was closer than ever before. She kept her eyes open but braced herself for the worst. Vivian saw that she continued to go into the ground. Her body slowed down as she entered the earth, due to the increase of density. Most people watching from the ground might have seen her fall out of the sky, and fall somewhere on the ground.

thehiddenbeast13

Jordan slowly walked through the crowd.  He slowly looked at the merchants, and all of the items they were selling. He could slowly feel the heat on the bottom of his paws and the heat radiating throughout his grey fur. He saw very few people walking with weapons, but they all seemed to be sheathed.  He slowly and silently stares at his surroundings wondering where he should continue his journey.

As he continued to walk through the crowd he saw something he thought he'd never see. He saw a girl falling from the sky. He silently said,"I can't believe my eyes." He then began to dash on all fours to the location the girl had fallen in. His black silk cloak flowing behind him as he dashed.

Terrick

A goodly portion of the crowd suddenly gasped, their attention focused outside of his view. As Bryer turned, he saw people begin to congregate a small ways away, one or two rushing towards the epicentre. Of those moving, a black cloaked figure flew past with incredible speed and smoothness, barely a flicker in his eye before they were gone.

Somewhat stranded at the back of the milling crowd, he backed off; with so many moving about, a few choice spots among the vendors had opened up. While he hoped the source of excitement was simply a rare or special item being offered or displayed, he worried that it might have been some sort of accident, though he hadn't heard any shouts or screams of pain.

Methodically and carefully he spread out a small blanket and unpacked his kits, setting up his simple selection of wares for purchase or trade. Keeping a concerned eye toward the crowd, he kept aside his more potent poultices and such, intended for serious injuries, just in case they were needed.

thehiddenbeast13

Jordan had stopped dashing only half of the way to the girl. He was being pushed and shoved around by a large group of people trying to catch a glimpse of what just happened. Jordan was beginning to get frustrated as he tried to find his way through the crowd. He began looking around for a way to get past this large group of people staring in awe at the fallen girl. He began running on all fours, slowly gaining momentum. He then began running up the side of a merchant's booth. From that point he began jumping to booth to booth hoping that he wasn't late. As he continued to jump he heard a hunter yell,"Beast! Beast!" Jordan began to get worried, and noticed that his tail and hood were hanging off of him. He stopped and tried to get his hood back on. Lucky for Jordan no one saw his tail or other features hang out. He continued running and jumping as quick as he could hoping for the best and expecting the worst.

chandonr

Darkness... That's all she saw. She could feel that she was in a phased state. While in this state, she moved like a wisp. It was almost like walking on air. Vivian was still in the process of learning how to use this power, and she didn't want to know the pain of becoming solid in a solid environment.

She willed herself to move up, and so she did. She quickly rose through the ground. Then.. boom.. light. She raised out of the ground with her hands extended to her side. To most, she would look like a version of herself that you could see through. She raised just above the ground and then focused.

She felt the force of gravity begin to bring her to the ground. She was solid again. As Vivian landed, she squatted to lessen the effects of the fall. When she rose, she saw that there was a slew of people looking at her. Her face showed how confused she was. Vivian had never been to a place like this.

"Where the hell am I," Vivian said, loud enough so the surrounding people could hear her. She looked completely normal, no dirt or any injuries. Just like a girl who fell out of the skiy.

thehiddenbeast13

Jordan had saw that the girl was okay. He let out a sigh of relief as he sat on all fours atop a booth. He said to Vivian, "your in the meeting place." He said with awe in his tone. He slid off of the roof and began approaching the Vivian. Jordan's hood covered up his face showing nothing but his large ice blue eyes staring at Vivian. He then said in a calm voice,"can you please explain to me what happened to you." 

Terrick

Bryer's brow furrowed as he heard a cry g up, something about a wild beast. If a wild beast had attacked, someone could be seriously...he grabbed at his wares, tossing things in his satchel with a practised ease. Barberry soap, a rose and yarrow poultice, a geranium petal bandage...

He paused. What if the beast was still there? Why hadn't there been a scream of pain, a cry for help? Just in case, he grabbed a small leather pouch, tightly tied off, from the bottom of his pack. It wasn't something he would normally sell, but had collected the ingredients over time in case he needed it on the road.

The crowd seemed to have thinned slightly, giving Bryer a chance to try and elbow his way inwards. He struggled between whom he could with repeated apologies and explanations. "Please, excuse me, I'm a healer is someone hurt? Who said what about a beast? Is everyone alright? Excuse me, please!"

When finally he could make out the scene amidst the chaos, he stopped. He could clearly see a woman with an dangerous looking blade at her side, standing before an imposing figure in black. Looking left and right, he couldn't make head nor tails of what had riled the crowd up. Clearing his throat politely, he spoke.

"Excuse me...is...is everyone alright? Only, I heard someone yelling about an attack by some beast?"

thehiddenbeast13

The hunter that was yelling pointed directly into Jordan's direction. Jordan had no idea what was happening around him, but he knew that all eyes of attention were on him now. He quickly looked around at all of the people staring at him. He slowly began to tighten his hood and stood up. He slowly began to back up in fear of what may happen to him. He saw hunters beginning to approach  Jordan, some even drew daggers and hunting knives. Jordan started running as fast as he could on all fours and could hear the hunters yelling,"kill it before any harm befalls our people." And they began to chase after Jordan

chandonr

Still confused with her surroundings, she just continued to stand there. She saw that the crowd was starting to disperse. The people that were surrounding her in the immediate area, saw the whole incident. She could hear one merchant yell " There's a special place in hell for you, magic user. The merchant walked along his way.

This snapped Vivian from her trance. She saw a wolf looking humanoid that spoke to her, but Vivian quickly lost sight of him when he ran into the distance. She heard the creature say something, but she couldn't comprehend his words. Is this Connlaoth? She thought to herself as she started walking. There were still some people looking at her, some with general concern for her safety, and some with disgust.

Vivian had only heard rumors about controversy over magic in Connlaoth, and how they were training Mordicai's as fast as they could. But then she thought about her geography, Connlaoth was north of Serendipity, while Vivian was traveling south to Adela. She quickly ruled out the idea that Connlaoth had soldiers in Adellan territory.

She walked slowly, very slowly, looking around, trying to see landmarks to tell her where she was. As she was walking, she found herself walking past a fellow redhead. Something about this comforted her, a sense of familiarity, or family possibly.

The crowd was mostly gone by now, people had lost interest in her. Vivian examined him as she continued to walk slowly by. He looked like a guy around her age, probably a merchant, which the rest of the people here looked like. As she walked by, she could hear him speak. Vivian smiled at his question. She fell out the sky, and that beast creature got more attention.

Vivian positioned herself where she was standing right next to the redhead at this point. When she walked by, she placed a hand on his shoulder. " Oh, and a girl kind of screwed up and fell out of the sky," She said with a slight chuckle. Her eyes met his for a moment as she continued to walk slowly. Vivian left her hand on him for a few seconds before sliding them across him and swung the back to her side.

Terrick

Bryer watched as the black cloaked figure withdrew into themself, then bolt away after dropping to all fours. His own jaw dropped as he finally noticed the peculiarities of the person, and glanced around at the hunters who took off in pursuit. In mere moments, the small party was lost among the trees.

As the woman strode by him and spoke, he froze as the words sank in. Turning his head with a half smile, and more than a little obvious wonder in his eyes, he caught her own glance. Green, unlike anything he had ever seen, brighter than a shimmering dew covered leaf.

Her touch had caught his attention, and as she passed, he turned reflexively. A step or two behind her, he finally found his voice.

"Wait, fell from the sky? From where? Who...was it you? How are you okay?" The questions spilled out of him in a gush.

thehiddenbeast13

Jordan knew that he could out run the hunters. As he continued to dash a hunter appeared in front of him from behind a bush and had slammed his foot onto Jordan's tail stopping him dead in his tracks. Jordan felt the shock move throughout his body and yelped in pain. He then tripped and turned to see the small group of hunters yelling at him and continued to advance. Jordan tried to struggle, but couldn't get free. The group had finally caught up and began to laugh and taunt Jordan. Jordan managed to get his tail free, only to be caught by another hunter. The hunter grabbed Jordan's hood and tore it off revealing his face. He then told Jordan, "we don't want you to escape now do we?" He smiled and knocked Jordan unconscious. The beast was then shackled and was now being carried to the center of the meeting place.

chandonr

Vivian looked in front of her and saw the varieties of markets in this mysterious land. She waited to hear for the man to say something in response, she didn't want to look for another person to talk to. She quickly turned as soon as she heard his voice.

"Yep, your looking at the mysterious girl from the heavens," She smiled before speaking again, " No, honestly, I'm a teleporter and I was in the process of teleporting and I don't know what happened... Anyways, I fell and then I managed to phase out somehow. So yeah, long story"

She stood there and put her hands inside the back pockets of her white pants. Her hair and hot pink shirt blew in the wind. Vivian could see the smile on his face, and how he generally looked happy. This made her smile, which was odd. Typically in Adela, she was constantly holding her place in the male-dominant arena of Knights. But she was already in a lighter attitude, since she had just left Arca which was way more laid back than Ketra.

"I'm Vivian by the way," She said, still having a smile on her face.

thehiddenbeast13

Jordan slowly opened one eye as he began to wake up. He then noticed his arms were shackled together, but he still could slight move his hands. He began to struggle and saw that two large men were holding him. He looked around for any sort of escape route. In a fit of desperation he stuck his claws and teeth into one of the men's shoulder. The man screamed in pain and dropped Jordan, he then yelled at Jordan, "you think you're so clever don't you, you filthy beast." The other man still held onto Jordan's leg, so Jordan sliced the man with his hind claws. When the man received this brutal slash to the cheek he also dropped Jordan and held his hand over his cheek. Jordan began to run, however due to his shackles he couldn't drop to all fours and dash. He continued to run on his hind legs, not daring to look behind him.  He made to the center of the meeting place and began pushing his way through the crowd hoping to find a place to hide. He ran to a empty booth and quickly climbed up the roof. He used a tarp on the roof to hide himself from any onlookers who may drop a hint to the hunters. While he searched for any signs of the hunters he saw two familiar shapes. He saw Vivian and another person that he couldn't recognize.  He continued to hide, his ice blue eyes staring down at the crowd.

Terrick

Bryer nodded politely, the slightest bow, at the woman's introduction.

"Pleasure to meet you, I'm Bryer. So it was magic then? You're not literally from the heavens." He shook his head, running his fingers through his hair. "Some of the things I've happened on, I've learned not to assume too early."

Shifting the small pack over his shoulder, his grin widened.

"Well at least you're alright, however you managed it. Which means I can put these things back out on the sheet."

He stepped forward beside her, half turning while taking a step. He kept a slow pace, using the continuing conversation to invite her along.

"Sounds like whatever happened was an accident, and this wasn't your intended destination. You wouldn't happen to know where we are, by chance?"

He nodded to the odd person or merchant they passed as he walked abreast of her, angling them around other people and back towards the spot he had set out the rest of his things. The crowd milled thicker as a few shouts began drifting their way. Bryer attempted to skirt the growing group without bumping into Vivian, but it seemed people were trying to get out of the way of something.

chandonr

"Pleasure to meet you as well," She started to blush as she saw him bow. It was a rare occasion in Adela to see any man show a female of being equals.

"Yep, it was magic, and keep that trait of not believing everyone.. That might save your life one day," She could hear her father as she said the part about not believing everyone, and phrase he often said.

Vivian followed Bryer as he started to walk. She continued to smile in way, but had managed to get the blushing to lighten. Even though it is still very visible on her pale skin.

"I was trying to go to Ketra in Adela, but then  don't know.. Anyways, I have no clue what this place is. She could see that there was some commotion going on at a nearby merchant house, but Vivian didn't know what was going on over there.

"So what brings you to this mysterious place?" She asked as she followed closely behind.

thehiddenbeast13

Jordan continued to stare at the merchants below him. He slowly started to lower himself down from the roof believing  that the hunters had finally lost track of him. He then said to himself,
"Well my first order of business is to remove these shackles."
He then used his claws to try and pick the lock of the shackles. He then heard the snap of the tumblers and saw the shackles drop to the ground. He sighed with relief and put his hood back on. He moved from the back of the booth hoping no one had saw him. He quickly moved from the booth and began walking amongst the crowd. He looked at all of the merchants and all they had to offer. Jordan then said to himself,"I guess I put those hunters on the run, but Jordan's worst fear came true he saw two men moving in the opposite direction.  He saw that one had a slash across his left cheek, and the other had a poorly bandaged shoulder that had teeth and claws marks. Jordan began to walk a little quicker and realized that they weren't going his direction. He sighed with relief as he continued to browse through the merchants. This time keeping his hood on, and paying more attention to his surroundings.

Terrick

"Ketra, Adela? I know the names but I've never been. Of course, there are plenty of places I've never been." He chuckled light heartedly at himself. Finally returning to his previous spot, he was grateful to see his goods hadn't been taken or pushed aside.

"Well, for now, this is home sweet home. It's not as elaborate as many of the other stalls, but at least we have shade." He pointed at the canopy overhead as he turned to smile at Vivian, slight embarrassment flushing his cheeks. Taking a seat, he opened his satchel and redistributed the few things he had taken with him. Clearing a spot for the lady to relax if she wished, he dug around in his pack after he had put away the tightly bound  little pouch, and pulled out a waterskin. He lifted it in offering as he sat on crossed legs.

"If I may, what was taking you to Ketra? Must have been something exciting; it usually seems that only those who need them carry such elegant weapons so openly. My trip wasn't so impressive, I was just walking, letting my feet choose their own path, and I ended up here, wherever this is."

chandonr

"This is a nice little spot you have yourself here" Vivian sat down in the place where Bryer cleared a spot. She didn't care about her white pants. Vivian saw when Breyer held out a waterskin and she took it. About two sips later, she handed back to him. She did not like receiving gifts from others, but when she did, Vivian always remembered.

" Yep, its a great little town. The reason I was heading over there is because I'm a knight over there, and I have a nice, little home there. " Vivian was still looking around, trying to find out what this place was. She had never came out of teleport like that, ever before.

" This is impressive. You're adventurous, and a merchant! That's impressive, at least it is to me. But do you mind me asking, where do you come from?" She said   

thehiddenbeast13

Jordan had finished his browsing and went back to the empty booth he had hid in. He climbed up to the roof and silently sat down. He reached into his cloak and pulled out a loaf of bread. He took a few bites out of it and began to stare at the scenery around him. He saw Vivian and the other unknown figure. He wanted to formally introduce himself, but for his and their own safety he decided not to do so. He saw plenty of people walking around the market place laughing with friends. Jordan sighed and began looking at himself. He saw that his fur now had dirt tangled into his once grey fur. His cloak also had grass and dirt marking all over it. Jordan finished his bread and continued to stare off into the distance.