Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hopelessly Lost [Open]

Started by Terrick, June 12, 2014, 09:09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terrick

Bryer chuckled as he packed the skin away.

"To be fair, I owe the spot to you. When folk started crowding away to see the commotion, someone left it open. I hadn't seen you fall, so I only worried someone had gotten hurt when I overheard the shouting about a beast. Still, I'm glad you were alright." He paused and looked at her, head tilted slightly to the side as she spoke about her home.

"I can't even imagine the training and trouble you must have gone through to become a knight, although I admit my only experience with the title has been in stories around the hearth, or the occasional runner through town. I wouldn't call myself an adventurer though, or even a merchant." He ran his hand through his hair, obviously a nervous habit. "I'm an herbalist, I just sell or trade what I need to in order to fill my belly and find a place to sleep. I don't actually ask for anything if there's a need for what I can offer."

Glancing around at his small display, he leaned back on his palms and watched the sun filter through the leaves.

"I'm from a small village on the edges of Ravensway and Altas Verde, in Serendipity. I've never been quite sure which side of the border we were on; they don't exactly draw lines on the earth. But the taxes got paid and we otherwise kept to ourselves. A few of the local farmers and merchants would make trips to bigger towns and cities, but my Aunt and I just stayed around town. I grew up listening to stories about the different places in the world, but I was happy at home with her. Before she passed, she told me to get out there and see it all for myself, so I packed up what I needed and started walking."

He shrugged, as if the answer were as simple as that, though his eyes showed the sparkle of a question still lingering. Nothing was so simple, after all.

chandonr

"I would fall out the sky any day to get to relax in the shade like this," She spoke sarcastically and grinned. She put out her legs and crossed one leg over the other. Her bright red hair laid behind her, and she continued to admire the scenery in the area.

" It was definitely tough. Knighthood is typically all men work, but I'm not going to be someone in the kitchen that does nothing. I know somehow that my purpose on this earth is to fight for what I think is right, if that makes sense. So I pushed my way through and here I am now, a knight." She looked at Bryer when he talked, and never lost her smile.

She thought about Ravensway and Alta Verde. Vivian had gone to ravensway a number of times to be with others of the fae kind, and that's where her mother was from.

" My mother was from ravensway, so I've been around there a few times.I'm sorry to hear that you aunt has passed, but I'm glad that fate brought us together."

Vivian continued to sit there, formulating what to say next. Then an idea popped into her head. "Well, if you re traveling all around, I could give you a..lift to somewhere you want to go, if you want?"

thehiddenbeast13

Jordan continued to survey the scenery around him. When Jordan looked up he could see the sun starting to burn his paws. Without a second thought Jordan dropped to all fours and began jumping to a shady booth nearby. Jordan slowly stood up and looked around. A tree blocked his view of some of the merchants and his mountain view. He really didn't seem to mind, although he did realize that he was now closer to Vivian and Bryer. He stood still for a moment, but he stayed at the booth. Hey curled up on the ground and began resting in the shade. He slowly rolled his head and saw Vivian and Bryer talking. He slowly turned his head again and saw the bustling streets. He didn't mind being closer to everyone. He moved his head to the point where it was over the side of the booth.  He finally got the mountain view back. He grinned and continued to lay on his back. He finally said to himself
"I feel great." He then grinned to himself again.
He lounged back once more and continued to stare down at all the people,  this time with a grin on his face.

Terrick

"Well, you're a tougher person than I. It's pretty rare for plants to fight back. Well, depends on how you look at it, what with thorns and resins and....never mind." He laughed. "People tend to get bored pretty fast when I start going on and on about plants. As for my Aunt, as she would say she was a biddy as old as dirt. Not my real aunt, to tell the truth, but the loving woman who raised me just the same."

He leaned forward, arms resting on his knees.

"By a lift, do you mean...that magic? Your teleporting? I thought that's what dropped you out of the sky, are you sure it's ok?" Though his voice was filled with concern, his eyes shone with excitement. "I wouldn't want you risking your safety for a fun little jaunt."

chandonr

"Plants are cool, too. It's interesting to hear that you are an herbalist. I tried to get into it but I don't get along with plants that well.. I can make a few potions though, or something of the sorts."

She felt the wind breeze blow, and it blowed her hair onto her face. Vivian sat back up and pushed her hair off her face.

" Your concerns are valid. Something about the electrical field in this area is different, but now I can re-arrange our electrons to where we can teleport. I would also go slower too, so I can make sure we stay in teleport. " She didn't know if she was making sense, but she thought she would be able to pull it off.

Vivian looked at his face and saw how his face showed a little bit of excitement, and she heard in his voice that he was worried about her safety over his. Her face instantly started to blush once again. She was blown back that a man was more worried by her safety than his own.  Her face showed a grin, but also showed slight embarrassment.

Her face showed that she wanted to say something more, but she didn't know what to say. This just caused her to blush even more, making her cheeks look like she was wearing makeup. She cursed her pale skin in her mind, it always showed her true emotion.

thehiddenbeast13

Jordan was done resting and began to stand up. As he stood up he saw the two people were still talking. He saw that Vivian's face was red. Jordan scratched the back of his head in confusion. He didn't exactly know what blushing was, and how it occurs. He slowly began to sit by the side of the roof staring at the red faced girl. He couldn't help but grin a little. He could feel the wind blowing across his face, but he didn't notice that the wind had blown his hood off revealing his face. His ear quickly perked up as he realized that his hood had been blown off of his head. He quickly put it back on, however instead of hiding he continued to sit on the side of the roof. His grin had changed to one of the neutral expression. He continued to remain silent as he stared down at the two. He had little to no fear of them trying to harm him like the hunters. He just continued to stare down at them, his expression slowly changing.

Terrick

"It's less a trade I chose for myself and more of one I grew up into." He paused a moment to speak with a gentleman who had asked about a small pile of folded pieces of paper. They settled on a price of a few coin before Bryer handed over three of the packets.

"The woman who raised me, the one I call my aunt...she wasn't family, she was a lonely woman with an empty home. Truth is, I don't remember my parents but that's not a rare occurrence in the world. Nor much about my childhood, my first memory is of walking down the main street. When I wandered into the village, eventually she decided to take me in; I became her assistant so we could support ourselves, and it just went from there. I enjoy it though."

Sorting among the little pouches, jars and sachets he had set out, he selected a small, faintly minty smelling one and lifted it in offer and set it within reach of her. "I don't know much about magic, except that it takes concentration and control. If you like you're welcome to this; it's a tea mix, motherwort and sweet woodruff. Just helps calm anxiety. Not something that can really be used in a pinch, but you could make a cup before setting out for the day, or some such. You can consider it payment, if I can take you up on the offer to...try it."

He chuckled, realizing how inappropriate that sounded and shook his head. "Apologies. I just...I've never seen...felt magic before. It's more than a little intimidating." He began gathering and packing the rest of his supplies.

"I don't know where you might like to go, but now would be as good a time as any." Without looking back at her, he smiled softly, voice lowered in embarrassment. "The midday sun seems to be having it's way with our fairer skin, unlike some of our fellows here."

chandonr

"Wow that's certainly a tale about how fate can intervene in mysterious ways,"

She saw the man pass by and buy some goods from Bryer's setup. She listened to what he had to say about his childhood. Vivian loved hearing the story's of others. Her interests in the psychology people fueled this love. Her childhood was uneventful, in her own mind. She saw the pouch of herbs that Bryer pulled out. She picked up the pouch and brought it to her nose. It smelled great.

"This smells amazing. I love to try new things" She placed the pouch on her leg. Vivian was a little shocked that Bryer had never seen magic. To her, magic was a common place. Especially in Serendipity. Vivian thought about commenting on the subject, but thought it would be best to ask later.

"You said you've never been to Adela, maybe you would like to see my home," She instantly heard how that sounded but thought it would be more awkward if she added anything else. "The sun today is definitely fierce," She grinned, knowing she wasn't fooling anyone.

thehiddenbeast13

Jordan continued to watch as the two people chattered away. He couldn't pick up on what they were talking about, but keep a ear open anyways. He could pick up the smell of mint and began looking around for the source of this scent. He couldn't figure out what was causing the smell. He ignored the smell and sat back down on the side of the roof with the smell still in his nose. He could feel the sun even from the shade. As he looked around the marked place all he could see was people beginning to put up tarps and hardly anyone walking dead center of the booths. Jordan felt like he wanted to do the same, but continued to stay under his own shade. As he continued to watch everyone he could still smell the mint as he continued to stare at all of the merchants and people who were trying to keep from the heat.

Terrick

Bryer nodded as he finished stowing away the last of the breakables.

"Adela would be wonderful to see, it's south of Serendipity correct? Between mountain and ocean, like Serendipity? Strange that another kingdom is effectively right next door, and yet I've never been. Especially when you mentioned visiting Ravensway, but I guess when it comes to travelling, you've got a bit of an advantage over someone like myself."

Chuckling, he shouldered his pack and glanced around.

"Would we be better off moving to the edge of the clearing? I'm not sure what kind of commotion we might cause if we set out from here, but then again I don't really know what effect your magic really has. I didn't notice any noise or flash of light when you...dropped in." He grinned. "Must be very handy for making quiet escapes."

Vivian's smile was radiant, and he couldn't help but stare a moment before looking away, as if to scan for anyone who might be watching.

chandonr

" Correct. It's like Serendipity's younger brother." She grinned when she heard the last part of Bryer's  sentence, but did not respond back to it.

" Really we just glow blue and disappear. So maybe if we went behind a tree, it should be fine." She said with a smile.

This wasn't the first time she teleported with someone else, but this was the first time she came into a place that was unknown. It was like she was not in a place with an astral plane. Vivian knew that she would have to move manually, until she gets out of this place, and can let her subconscious takeover.

thehiddenbeast13

Jordan overheard the teleporting part of the conversation. He sighed to himself and began to look around for a way to notify the two people that it wouldn't work in this area. He continued to look around a caught sight of a mordecai. Then he suddenly felt a chill hit his spine

"If that mordecai catches sight of those two..." he stopped the thought cold before he could finish it.

He wished there was some way to notify them of the onlooking mordecai. He then lowered himself down and quickly approached a tree. He then grabbed a leaf from the side of the tree and began to cut at it with his claws. When he was done the leaf was in the shape of an arrow. He cautiously put the leaf into his mouth and began to dash on all fours. He ran by Vivian and bryer only seeming like a dark blur. He quickly dashed back to the booth he was on top of. He left the leaf behind, and it aimed directly at the mordecai. Jordan hoped that they noticed before it was too late.

Terrick

Bryer grinned at the 'younger brother' remark then canted his head slightly as he listened to the brief explanation.

"Blue's not a bad colour. Alright, if you would care to lead the way Miss Vivian, just let me know if there's anything I need to do to make sure I don't end up scattered across the ocean, or the like."

By his grin and the teasing light in his eye, it was obvious he was joking. In truth, he stood straight and moved without hesitation, showing his distinct trust in the woman. For a moment he saw someone dash by, but they were soon gone again in a blur of motion.

"I agree with the tree idea, if only so we don't get run over or bumped by the rest of the folk here. I have to say, even if I haven't been here long, it has definitely gotten more lively since your arrival."

chandonr

Vivian stood up, still with her smile as she felt a weird feeling. It felt like her magic was slowly getting drained from her. This caused her to look around, nonchalantly. She didn't want to bring attention to herself from either Bryer or the Mordecai. She didn't even noticed that something had ran past her, but the Mordecai did. To Vivian, it looked like the Mordecai was looking for trouble.

The Mordecai looked directly in their direction like he saw something. Vivian, being the paranoid person that she is, thought the Mordecai felt something. She thought quickly. Vivian went to Bryer and raised her head. She placed her lips on Bryer's and kissed him. She held that kiss there for about 10 seconds before letting go.

When she looked around again, she saw the Mordecai, but he was walking the other direction. Vivian patted Bryer's back and started to walk in the opposite direction of the market and the Mordecai. She gestured for Bryer to follow.

Terrick

Bryer blinked and froze as the woman leaned in and brought her lips to his own. It was a chaste kiss, but unexpected and as the seconds ticked past his eyes drifted closed and he ever so slightly stepped into the warmth of it. An unknown tingling ran down his spine but just as he worked up the courage to rest his hand on her waist, she stepped back and looked away.

Dazed his eyes slowly opened and he shifted his foot to keep from leaning forward into the touch that was no longer there. Reaching up he brushed his lips, when Vivian patted his back. Clearing his head, he turned and at her gesture fell into step just behind her. He spoke softly, just enough for the pair of them to hear.

"As we're still here, I take it that had nothing to do with your travelling talent, miss Vivian." He grinned wryly, cheeks flaring crimson. "Not that it isn't a magical ability, I must admit."

chandonr

Vivian felt her magic return back to full power, she had walked out of the Mordecai's sphere of influence. She saw a big tree and stopped behind it.. She tried telling herself that the kiss was just because she felt like the Mordecai was onto her, but she knew that it was more than that. She actually had feeling for this guy. Her whole face was red, and her hair just made her face look reder. 

She wrapped her hands around Bryer's shoulders and looked into his deep green eye and said. "Not exactly, but do hold on to me. It makes it a little bit easier for the first time," Vivian was swaying her hips slightly as she walked with Bryer slowly pushing him towards the tree.

thehiddenbeast13

Jordan's eyes widened as he saw Vivian kiss bryer. He looked directly at the mordecai, but the mordecai didn't see him, as the mordecai turned and walked in the other direction Jordan sighed with relief as he slowly slid his back down the side of the booth. He had to admit that Vivian is a quick thinker for pulling a stunt like that and continued to look at the two. He slowly started to advance twoards the two, but was in a area where he couldn't be seen. He then said to them,

"That was quite the stunt you pulled." His voice echoed along
He was hoping for a response and continued to stay just out of sight.

Terrick

Bryer chuckled, trying to break the tension of the moment, and failing utterly when her lithe arms wrapped around his shoulders. tentatively, he set his own hands on her waist, not quite low enough to rest on her hips, and not so tightly as to clutch her to him.

"As you wish...we are still talking about magic, aren't we?" he managed to tease before stumbling over his words and just standing there, his face and neck burning. As he stepped back in nervous reaction to Vivian's advancing steps, his back struck the tree and he tightened his hold on her reflexively. When another voice sounded, low and echoing, his head snapped up to look around and without thinking he drew the poor woman firmly against himself, one hand moving protectively to her back.

"Who's there? Show yourself." he demanded, more bravely than he felt. He could only imagine how it looked, two relative strangers exchanging such a sudden intimacy, then wandering off into the woods alone. Was the new voice of some rogue, intending to shame them? Or something even worse? Bryer could easily concede that Vivian was beautiful, and he realized it would be foolish to think no one else among the crowd hadn't noticed the same.

Quietly, the hand not at her back slipped towards his personal satchel, by his hip.

thehiddenbeast13

Jordan felt a bit embarrassed by the fact that he had just scared bryer. He put his voice into a calmer tone and said,

"It's okay I don't want a fight or anything along those lines."

As he spoke he caught a very small glimpse at him, and could only see his lower half. He saw bryer's hand reaching for his bag. Before Jordan could even think he said,

"I wouldn't attempt that if I were you."

He had no idea of what bryer was capable of, and didn't want to find out anytime soon.  He slowly took two steps back and could hear the clicks of his claws on the road behind him. He didn't want to run away, but instead try to stay out of sight in the event of bryer pulling out any sort of weapon. He continued to stay in the position in case he had to flee or attack, neither of which he wanted to do. So he stayed put with ears open.

chandonr

Vivian chuckled at Bryer's response when she heard a voice. She could feel that they were finally getting closer. Was this crazy? She didn't care, she was in the moment, living for herself, with her mind off the thoughts of being a knight. She could feel herself being drawn closer and could hear Bryer's words, he was trying to protect her.

"Why are you out here...watching us like that," Vivian asked as she turned around, still allowing Bryer's hands to be around her. Honestly, she was creeped out by the fact that someone was watching her. She didn't feel scared or anything like that, anyone that wanted to attack would have never allowed themselves to be known.