Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

How beautiful

Started by Daedra, July 20, 2014, 02:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daedra

Amelia needed to escape, to leave the dull affairs of home. It was nice to be out of a dress, she hated all the fabric. She wore simple armor of boiled leather, her sword absent from her side. Amelia knew that going to this place was safe enough, so she wasn't terribly concerned.  Her father would be furious, but she didn't care.

Amelia rode a small black mare, her red curls bouncing as the horse picked it's way through the trees.  She hoped she would bump into another traveler,  they always had stories. Amelia would welcome any company that didn't consist of her father trying to marry her off.

Green eyes scanned a clearing as her mare approached, and she stopped the horse quietly and slid from the saddle. Amelia walked towards a tree, putting her hand on the rough bark as she gazed into the beautiful sunlit clearing,  a smile escaping her lips.

(Ooc anyone feel free, I'm brand new.)

DarkAssassin

Kay entered one of the large clearings before him, eyes scanning the area hurriedly as if concerned. Then, after a few moments of looking around, he took a deep breath and stepped backwards to lean against a tree at the edge of the place.

Taking a few moments, Kay stood in silence before opening his eyes again and wiping a sleeve across his forehead. Was it him or was it hot out? This wasn't going to be as easy as he'd first thought.

Daedra

Amelia's horse nicked and the girl turned back for a moment, as she returned her gaze to the clearing, she spotted someone nearby. They were propped against a tree not far, close enough so that she could be spotted too.

Amelia swatted a fly and stepped into the sunlight, it's heat enveloping her. She wondered if the man she saw was okay, and with that she decided to approach.  As Amelia got closer, she slowed down, almost nervously.  "Are you alright?" Her soft words barely carrying in the wind.

DarkAssassin

Kay gazed at the ground, appearing to be lost in deep thought until he heard the sound of hooves upon the ground. Glancing upward, he noticed the horse carried a girl. He gazed at her for a moment, taking note of her red hair and green eyes, nodding slowly as she spoke.

"Uh, yeah. Yeah, I'm fine. Just ... tired. Went for a bit of a trip." Kay ran a hand through his sandy hair for a moment. "Say, uh ... Where did you come from, Miss?"

Nina_F

A woman of smaller stature finds her way into the same clearing, but from a different entrance. She wears an oversized hood upon her head, dark leather greaves, bracers, and rigid bodice. She seems out of breath, bends over to hold her sides and as looks behind her into the depths of the trees. A white and black spotted falcon accompanies her and finds a branch to post upon above her head. She whispers to herself for a moment before standing up straight and taking notice to the others around her. She quickly tucks behind a nearby tree trunk and watches from around the corner of it. Her falcon cocks it's head and makes some mild noises.

Daedra

Amelia gave him a warm smile and slid off her horse smoothly. His features were soft, and she sensed no danger about him. She was doubtful the forest would let anyone harm anything while under it's canopy.  "I'm glad you are alright." He seemed nervous, and she must of shaken him out of deep thoughts.

At his question, she remembered herself and offered a hand in greeting. "I'm Amelia, sorry if I startled you. I have been here for quite awhile, trying to avoid home." At his mention of a trip, her eyes gleamed excitedly. "Do you travel a lot?" The sun beat down on her, making her hair glow as if she had a halo of fire about her.

DarkAssassin

Kay glanced in the direction of the new woman as she arrived, fully aware of her presence before turning his attention back on Amelia.

"It's all right. I wasn't so ... startled." He smiled mildly, reaching out and shaking her hand. "My name is Kay. You've been hiding out here?" He glanced around, taking in the place. "This is my first time here. I was hoping to find a quicker way to Reajh but I'm afraid I may have gotten lost."

Kay stared at her for a long moment, watching her eyes light up from the mention of his trip. "Yes, well, sort of. I have traveled quite a bit over the course of my life." He stopped short, shrugging his shoulders ambiguously. He looked at her again, smiling wryly. "Trust me, Amelia, it's not all it's cracked up to be."

Daedra

Amelia followe his gaze, seeing the other woman for the first time. She turned back, as Kay did not seem concerned by her. Amelia returned his smile, glad that she hadn't really startled him after all. "Pleased to meet you Kay." At his mention of hiding, she gave a soft, musical laugh. "I suppose you can call it hiding, yes. I live a dull, boring life, so it's nice to get out." 

Amelia frowned slightly, he was lost. That was never, ever a good thing. "I'm afraid I haven't spent much time here either, i couldn't show you the way. I'm sorry." She looked away, she would help him if she could. As it was, she didn't even know HER way back home. She had a horse that knew the way though.

Amelia saw his wry smile, listening to what seemed to be advice coming from one who has traveled plenty. "I don't understand why, I'm sure you see quite amazing things." She stepped lightly into the shade, and smiled softly. "I, um, I have some wine and cheese....if you want to share." She was a little more nervous now. He wasn't terribly forthcoming, and that could be suspicious.

Nina_F

The woman continues to watch from a far, she looks up at her falcon as it takes off and flies over head. She puts two fingers up to her temples on either side, sighs heavily and decides to emerge from the tree line realizing she wasn't fast enough to not get their attention.

She wears around her hip a belt of throwing daggers, vials, and a short curved sword. She whistles once to call for her bird to return. It does so and lands on her arm gracefully. Her skin has a noticeable hint of rusty color to it, pale purple eyes and dark red/brown short hair. Though her hood looks a bit odd as if something lay onto of the crown of her head.

She leans against the same tree trunk but facing towards the clearing. Crosses one arm and bends a knee to rest her heel on the trunk. She watches casually. No obvious threat on her face, instead a softer tone of caution and curiosity.

DarkAssassin

Kay's smile widened at the musicality of Amelia's laugh, finding it quite pleasant and rather reassuring. He shrugged at her frown, responding immediately. "Oh,  I'm not lost," he said plainly, knowing that she hadn't said this out loud. "Not exactly. It's true I've never been here before but ... the place I came from and where I'm trying to go ... Well, I've been there."

He paused and tilted his head slightly, watching her expression. "Amazing things? Well, I guess so. Sometimes. Not all of them are what you might deem 'amazing'." Glancing over at the over woman, who had now made herself more visible, Kay looked back at Amelia and returned her smile. "Food would be nice, if you're willing to share. Perhaps we should ask that woman over there as well." Kay paused as his eyes drifted to the one standing against the tree, then snapped back to Amelia. "Don't be nervous, I mean you no harm." He shrugged again.

Daedra

Amelia's eyes widened with surprise, he seemed so certain of himself. Kay also seemed to be able to read her very well to know what she had been thinking. "I'm certain you will find your way then." She smiled warmly at him, her gaze following his again as the woman made herself more obvious to them.

Amelia quickly retrieved the food and wine, offering it to Kay first, before motioning the woman to join them. "I have no problem sharing, there is plenty here." She returned his smile, and looked at him questioningly. "Do you always travel alone? I would think it would be fairly lonely to roam without company."

DarkAssassin

"Eventually," he answered a bit wearily, again returning the smile and glancing at the woman once more.

Kay's smile grew when Amelia approached with the food and wine, his eyes gleaming with hunger that he was trying to hide. "Thank you." He accepted a bit of each from her, beginning to eat and drink, though not hastily, and savouring every bite.

He glanced up at Amelia as she asked the question. "Usually, yes. I ... haven't traveled for a while. But I live alone as well. I spend most of my time alone. For a long time, I wasn't so ... safe ..." his voice trailed off slightly and he gave her another reassuring smile, as if more for himself than her. "Roaming alone isn't so bad. As long as you stay away from the darker parts of the world, things tend to be all right."

Daedra

Amelia could tell he was fairly hungry and offered the majority to him, not taking much for herself. She had plenty at home, and she wasn't very hungry as it was. "You are very welcome Kay." She frowned as he spoke, he seemed so...alone for lack of a better word. " It must be a little sad, being alone all the time." She reached out as if to touch him, but stopped herself. She wanted to comfort him, like a mother to a child, yet he was a stranger to her.

Amelia pondered what he had meant when he said it hadn't been safe for him. She knew better than to push that subject, but it stuck in her mind regardless. Watching him eat, and realizing he might be more hungry than he was letting on, she went back and fetched a loaf of bread from her bags and offered it to him.

DarkAssassin

Kay thanked her again as she offered more food to him, taking most of it graciously and downing it fairly quickly. He hadn't eaten for a longer period of time than he had first realized, and he was starving after all the time it took just to arrive in this place.

He looked at her again, this time into her eyes, his own seeming to see right through her. "It can be." His eyes flitted to her outstretched hand, stiffening a bit before it retracted.

As he watched her get up to retrieve the bread, new thoughts floated through his mind. This girl was very nice to him. He hadn't really spoken or gotten to know anyone for quite some time. Where he came from, most of the people tended to keep to themselves. She seemed so innocent though, and he dared not ruin that in any way.

Kay knew she wanted to know what he had meant about his being safe. He could see it, plain as day. He could hear it. He knew it was somewhat rude not to have told her already, but he was very cautious about doing so to someone who was still so new. Still, her mind was so open ...

"Thank you," Kay said as he took the bread she offered. "You seem to like adventures ... And that sort of thing." He paused and leaned back a bit, looking at her. "Would you like to learn something a bit ... out of the ordinary? About me?"

Daedra

Amelia watched him as he devoured the food that she gave him, her eyes filled with sympathy. He was starving, it was plain to see. She wished she had more to offer him. He had stiffened at her outstretched hand, and she was glad that she had retracted it quickly enough. Amelia was a caring soul, not one to watch another suffer.

She smiled at his question. Amelia had always wanted to go on an adventure of sorts, something most noble women wouldn't dream of. "I would like to see the world, though obligations keep me home most of the time."  Kay looked at her, almost through her, and she shivered a little. "A bit out of the ordinary?" She echoed him softly. What could be so strange about a lonely man, without anything but the clothes on his back. Amelia pondered the question, before finally giving a real answer. "I suppose it can't be anything too scary, if you would like to tell me, I won't stop you." Everyone had their secrets after all.

Nina_F

The woman eventually knocks herself off the tree trunk with her falcon flying off and posting up on another branch close by. She sways over towards the others cautiously but still with confidence.

"Hmm, well I guess hello..?" She says tucking her hood further down her forehead.

DarkAssassin

Kay glanced at the other woman as she approached, smiling faintly. "Hello, Miss. Please join us."

Looking back at Amelia, he watched her, keeping quiet while she spoke to him. "You're royal. You want to leave home but there are things holding you back, even if you wish to escape your father." He paused and looked at her, gazing and smiling. "Think of your favourite animal. Right now. Picture it in your head."

Daedra

Amelia nodded in greeting and passed the wine flask to the woman. "I'm Amelia, pleasure to meet you." She smiled warmly at the woman.

Amelia's emerald gaze met Kay's as he spoke, and her eyes widened. "How could you possibly know that?" She shook her head in disbelief, but the sense of adventure made her grin. "Alright, I will." She thought of a wolf, beautiful, graceful, and deadly. Amelia watched Kay carefully, but no fear touched her eyes. This was probably a day that the young woman would not forget.

DarkAssassin

Kay simply smiled, opting not to answer her first question. He watched her closely as she thought, his eyes boring into her. He sat still for a few moments and then chuckled. "A wolf. A rather beautiful one, at that. Nice choice."

Kay looked at her as if nothing had happened, as if something ordinary had just occurred. He felt no fear or worry in this girl. He was pleased.

Daedra

Amelia gave a little gasp and laughed. He definitely had her attention now. "How is it that you know exactly what I'm thinking?" What if he could hear everything going on up there? The thought frightened her a little, but not enough to make her turn tail and flee the scene entirely. "If you are a sort of mind reader, can you see everything I'm thinking about?" She bit her lip softly, trying to keep herself from thinking anything negative, just in case.

This was definitely not going to be a boring day. Despite her anxiousness, she was actually kind of excited. She was getting a taste, a small one at that, of adventure and mystery.