Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

How beautiful

Started by Daedra, July 20, 2014, 02:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkAssassin

Kay's smile widened at the laugh, as if reassured by it. "Yeah, I can read minds. And yes, I can see everything." He reddened slightly in the face then and glanced to the side, as if admiring a nearby tree. "But ... uh, I try not to go too deep. I mean, I usually stick to the stuff on the surface. I'm sorry if it seems sort of an ... evasion."

Kay turned his blue eyes back on the girl, slight nervousness now prevalent within them. Even as he sensed the excitement she felt, he was still unsure of what he was doing. Am I wasting this girl's time?And I do need to go soon ... Before she learns too much about me, he thought.

Daedra

Amelia smiled softly as Kay blushed and pretended to be very interested in a nearby tree. "That could be quite the useful talent, but I'm sure it comes with a price as well." Amelia thought briefly about what he had said. He obviously had control over his abilities, to be able not to dig into peoples dark secrets. She herself would have a hard time if she were in his position. "I don't mind, it must be hard on you, having to sift through the minds of people."

Kay seemed nervous and edgy now that he had told her his secret. "Don't worry, you haven't scared me off. You seem so lonely, and I don't want you to feel like you have to run off. I'm lonely too. I know how it feels." There was a sadness in her eyes that she couldn't conceal. She looked away, and embarrassed blush staining her fair cheeks a rosy color. 

DarkAssassin

Kay stared at her while she spoke, his eyes slightly glazed over as his mind raced, images of his past whipping by in a sickening frenzy. He blinked several times and ran his hand through his hair again. "It comes with a price," he confirmed. "What I can do ... It's not my abilities that make things hard for me. Not exactly. The abilities themselves are ... okay." He shrugged, struggling with trying to avoid saying too much.

He looked at Amelia as she spoke, noticing the obvious sadness in her eyes. A small smile crept onto his face and the confident look returned even as she looked away. "There's no need to feel sad. You can do anything, be anything you want. You have money and a family to return to. There's endless possibilities for someone like you. Your path isn't so set as ... mine." He hesitated on this last word. "But loneliness is different. I can feel it ..." He shifted a little bit in his position. "There must be people that care for you. Don't give them up. More importantly, don't ever lose them." His voice was firm as he looked at her and his expression had changed to one of utter seriousness.