Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A helping hand (Namrul)

Started by Daedra, July 20, 2014, 11:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daedra

Amelia had traveled with to the warmer outskirts of Serendipity, the inner city droll and lifeless compared to seaside. She walked slowly down a nearly empty beach, the hem of her cream dress dragging in the sand. Amelia almost wished she could rip the thing off, but it wouldn't be very ladylike. She paused to take in the sound of gulls and water, it was fairly calm today.

Amelia was almost bothered by the fact she didn't bring her sword along, but she supposed she could always use her fists if she needed to. With a sigh, she headed back to the seaside village, her face reflecting a loneliness she couldn't express. She had not a friend in the world, and for the life of her, she couldn't figure out why.

Gaius The Solemn

It has been three whole weeks since Tallus had put on a show, and 2 weeks since he's been in a town. His many wrong turns and arguing pilots made travelling especially hard. He continued though, against his better judgement. His mind started to wander off as he walked and his mental defenses started to weaken, that's when an especially dangerous rock decided to trip him. His descent was fast and quiet, and it was a good excuse for him to just lay there. He was laying down with his eyes closed for no more than three seconds when an ethereal hand that glowed slightly red grabbed him by the shoulder. It seemingly picked him up and placed him on his feet, Tallus opened his eyes and he wasn't surprised to see Anger there, beaming him with his rage-filled eyes.

He opened his mouth, "Are you fucking me, Sadness?!" Anger grabbed him by the collar, "One fucking ROCK? We're almost there and you decide to lay down!?" He let go and exhaled through his nose. He lifted his arm and pointed down the road, "Get walking." Anger then dissipated, as if he was never there.

Tallus continued walking, the fall had left a small cut on his forehead and a little line of blood began to trickle down his face. No attempt was made to clean it off. He he walked a second set of feet could be heard, Tallus looked to his right, it was another Tallus this time glowing cyan. He clone looked over at him with his eyes wide and his voice frantic, "That looks makes you look really weak. We'll all die because some animal will smell it and come running and slaughter you."
Tallus looked at him with eyes apathetic to his pleas and shook is head no. The clone disappeared just like the other.

The walk was coming to an end, he could see the beginnings of a town. Begging for food would have to be his first priority. He doesn't have the energy to put on a show. He then heard another set of feet plodding the path, he looked left and right, no clones. He looked forward to see a woman in a cream dress, she looked well off. Tallus started to walk a little faster in order to catch up. It was not long until he was right next to her, he was slightly hunched over with the hood of his tattered brown cloak covering his head, he weakly held his hand out and the quietest voice whispered out of his mouth, "...C-could you.. uh.. spare some coins..?"

Daedra

Amelia was lost in thought, dreaming of the day when she could leave and never come back. Her steps were light, and graceful, years of swordplay helping her in that department. Her red hair blew gently in the wind, emerald eyes glazed in a daydream. It took Amelia a moment to realize that she had been approached, much less spoke to. When she looked down at the figure beside her, she almost reacted the way her father had taught her to treat beggars.

Amelia stopped herself short, gaze looking over the poor creature before her. How sad that a child, or so he seemed would look as thin and feeble as he did. His clothes were worn, and all but falling apart, and her heart went out to him. "Well, hello there." She offered a small smile. "It looks like you could use more than a few coins." Amelia quickly realized she had left her satchel at the inn, and frowned to herself.

A thought came to Amelia, and she smiled warmly. "I have an idea. How about you come to the inn with me, and I will get you a hot meal, along with some coin." Her father would hate it, but she could not let this frail little creature starve. She held out her hand tentatively.  "Come on, you poor thing."

Gaius The Solemn

He couldn't help but be dumbfounded, Tallus stared at at the woman, from her face to her outstretched hand and back. His grey eyes opened wide, he didn't know what to do in this situation. Nothing like this has happened before. That when he started to hear the voices of his brothers in the back of his mind. First was Fear, "Don't do it! She just wants you to feel comfortable! Then she'll knock us out, and sell us on the slave market!"

Tallus took a step back but then Glee spoke up, "Oh quiet Fear! Saddy, it's okay! Somebody is actually nice to us, don't worry about it.. don't over think it." Maybe, he should take her up on the offer. That when he felt a spike of pain shoot through his head, it was Anger trying to get him to act. He grabbed his head with his left hand and winced. It took a few seconds of mental prep for him to close out the others.

It was then that he thought about how weird he must look, recoiling from an act of kindness. He felt like he wanted to collapse again and that she might just leave him alone. The tears started to flow without missing a beat. He looked at the woman again and without think he just up and hugged her. His grip was tight but he made sure not to hurt her and in a voice that seemed even quieter than before, "Thank you so much..."

He released her from his bear hug and grabbed her hand as quickly as he could, tears still rolling from his eyes.

Daedra

Amelia wondered what she could have possibly done wrong. He looked afraid of her, recoiling from her even. She felt her own nervousness grip her, and wondered if this had been smart of her to offer. Yet, there was a little pang of sadness in her heart. He was so thin and worn out looking. She couldn't give up yet.

Amelia's eyes opened wide in shock as he suddenly hugged her, a genuine hug of gratefulness. She looked down, seeing the tears in his eyes and after he released her from his bear hug, she smiled and pulled out a handkerchief. He had left some grime on her cream dress, but she didn't even notice or care. She would rather be wearing her leathers anyways. Amelia bent and wiped the tears gently from the boy's eyes and squeezed his hand gently. "No thanks needed, I'm happy to help. Come on, let's go get some hot food in that belly." She gave a soft laugh, and began leading him into town, the inn not far at all.

He was just a boy without a home, and she couldn't stand there and do nothing.

Gaius The Solemn

They were on their way to the inn, Tallus felt so strange, he kept his eyes trained on their interlocked hands. Somebody was holding his hand, and leading him to food and money. He was never going to get an opportunity like this for a long time if ever again. Then Glee spoke up again, "Yes! You did it you socially inept kid you! You should let me out, she'd love me, I bet." Glee's rambling continued so clear, Tallus couldn't keep up his mental walls too much was happening at once for him. Why'd he hug her? Too keep things from becoming awkward or to make her pity him more? She already said she would help him, why push the envelop further?

They continued walking, the streets in this town were wide and simple, but they had a warm feeling to them. The people here would tip well once he sets up shop. The woman continued to lead him to the inn. He hadn't even told her his name, that's something he should do now, right? He took a deep breath and started to stammer out his name, "My name is Sa--" a ping of pain struck him in the back of the head, "erm... Tallus. Yes, T-Tallus." With his free hand he rubbed the back of his head and tried mumbled to himself, "You don't have to be so mean..."

He felt so stupid, he didn't even know if he spoke loud enough for her to hear. He just kept talking then, "Uh, well, um... what's your name?"

That's when he heard Compassion bounce around in his head, Oh golly Sadness, I've never seen you speak so much. But I can see why, she is a beaut' isn't she? Compassion snickered and sank back into his mind, but his comment did make Tallus blush, he put his down and mumbled again, "It's not like... that.."

Daedra

Amelia hummed softly as they made their way slowly to the inn. They got more than a couple stares, after all, a noble woman was holding the hand of a dirty beggar. Amelia was certain to glare every stare down. She couldn't stand judgement from people who did not know her. Amelia never once regretted her choice to help the little beggar, it was in her nature to help those around her. She was just glad she had been here when she was needed.

Amelia looked towards the little beggar with surprise when he stammered into speech. She hadn't expected it, he seemed like a quiet one. "It's a pleasure to meet you Tallus. I hope you forgive my rudeness, I'm Amelia." She smiled warmly at him, but her face expressed confusion as he mumbled something about being mean. "Did I offend you?" She frowned a little, she really didn't mean to be rude to him.

Tallus seemed so shy, and quiet. The poor boy had probably spent a lot of time on his own, too much time. Maybe should could help him more than just one meal and some coin in his pocket. She worried for his health, though she had no idea the extent of his problems. Tallus again mumbled something she couldn't quite catch. Amelia chose to ignore it, and they reached the inn shortly enough. She opened to door and led him in gently. "Why don't you find a corner for us, and I'll see about some food."

Amelia let go of his hand then, and approached the bartender. "Hot meat, bread, cheese, and whatever fruit you have on hand. I want it as soon as possible." The bartender looked behind her at Tallus, and shook his head before going to do as was asked. Amelia smiled and turned back to find where Tallus had decided to seat himself.

Gaius The Solemn

He heard Amelia and nodded. Tallus turned to face the rest of the inn, only a few people were in it. They all had their eyes beaming through Tallus, no matter where he went that stare was universal. A strange mixture of hate, pity, and disgust. He kept his head low as he scanned for the corner furthest away from anybody. He found that the corner nearest the door worked and started walking towards it. The other patrons followed him with their glares a few mumbles able to be heard.

Once he sat down they all turned back to their food or conversations, Tallus's decrepit appearance most likely a new topic in their circles. He was used to this by now. Most of the time he isn't even let inside of the door so this is a newer experience to him. Chills spiraled down his spine and Fear chimed in again, "Oh dear, oh dear. Those are the glares of murderers. we should leave. Now.

His legs twitched a little bit, but Tallus is able to ward of the instincts of Fear. He looked up and saw Amelia smiling, that was a nice thing to focus on. It would keep his walls up so the others couldn't make problems in this situation.

Daedra

The bartender returned soon enough, and Amelia motioned for him to follow her. She walked to the corner Tallus had chosen and sat across from him. The bartender laid out a plate of ham, fish, and chicken. A plate of bread and cheese followed, along with some of the coastal fruit that was ripe and juicy.

Amelia herself was hardly hungry at all, and she doubted even Tallus could finish the food that they had received. He looked as if he were about to bolt, and she smiled reassuringly. She had some questions for him, but they could wait until his belly was full. "All this is for you Tallus, eat as much as you like."  She knew this may be a difficult thing for him to grasp, but she knew he probably hadn't eaten in days, and was starving.

Amelia warded off the glares of the other patrons, a fire in her eyes as she stared each and every one down. Soon enough, they all returned to eating and talking, forgetting all about her and Tallus. "When you are finished, we can talk. If you want to talk, that is..." She trailed off, it occurred to her that he may not stick around, and she frowned slightly. She felt as if she should care for the lonely boy, and didn't want him to skip out as soon as he was full. He seemed sweet though, he might just let her ask her questions first.

Gaius The Solemn

Tallus's mouth started watering the moment he saw the first plate laid down. He kept his hands back until all the food was on the table. He looked at Amelia and shook his head yes. He then returned his attention to the food and started rearranging the plates. Fruits first, then chicken, ham, fish, and last the bread. He would eat the fruit first because of how quickly they can go bad. Not travelling food.

So he started stuffing his face with the fruit. It was some of the sweetest food he has ever eaten, or maybe it just seemed that way from where it came from. He was ravenous in his actions, trying to fit as much into eat bite as possible, he really hadn't eaten in a long time. Compassion barked at him, "Ugh, Sadness! You are acting like a pig! You're in the presence of a lady! Tallus ignored Compassion and started reaching for another fruit when it suddenly jerk up and slapped him. "Seriously! Look at her, she's hot man! Don't ruin this for me!"

He sat there a moment, his cheek slowly changing color from the slap. "And take your hood off, you're at a table for once." He complied without making a sound and put his hood back, revealing his jester hat, the purple and yellow colors faded and dirty, but in surprisingly good shape. He continued eating but this time in a more reserved manner. He would switch plates every now nad then, but he was trying to get at all the perishable food. Things he couldn't salt down and take on the road. When he started to feel full he stopped eating.

He looked to Amelia, "That's all I want to eat. Thank you." He voice seemed void of any previously displayed emotion.