Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

For Old Times Sake (Rhi)

Started by wolfie, May 04, 2013, 04:57:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfie

"Then you are lucky. I always wanted a family that wasn't in the lime light so often. I don't mind you asking," she said before drinking some of her mead as well. She wondered if her cousin did anything to her drink, but it seemed normal. She figured that nothing happened to it. Last thing she wanted was another fight.

"Well last time my brother wanted to impress this girl problem was she was already seeing someone. That didn't discourage him though. They started to get into a 'who is better than who' contest. I sensed trouble and tried to get them to go outside. Neither listened and since I was in the middle of the two when the fist when flying I got blamed for fighting. Had a couple of good bruises and a shiner when it was said and done," she said shrugging. She was used to such from her family.

"Don't worry though right now they want nothing to do with me. I wasn't born here but found by them. I went looking for my original family instead of sticking around and being happy with what I had. It's why they won't come within an inch of me if they can help it."

Rhindeer

"Huh..." Jherna pursed her lips, still confused by the situation. She tilted her head and tapped her lips with a finger. "So they're angry that you left to trace your origins, is that it?" she asked musingly. "Strange. Can't say I'm surprised you got blamed for the fighting, though. If two dogs start fighting, its unwise to get in between them, otherwise you're likely to get bit."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

wolfie

"Yeah they are. They figure I have a perfectly good life here and I shouldn't want anything else. Nobody understands that I want to figure out how I got to here though I wasn't born here, and yet I was raised here. I'm getting some answers about that, but not enough," she said sounding sad and frustrated at the same time.

"Yeah, but that was my role in our family. I was suppose to look out for my siblings and make sure not a lot of trouble came from things they did. This would have been too much trouble. If I hadn't been hurt from getting in the middle of it, there is no telling what father would have done," she said glad she was away from him now.

"It's all good now just so long as none of them pop in here. I do know the one that got in trouble that day is banned from this place. I wouldn't worry too much about them they don't usually come to these parts unless they have a little extra to spend. That isn't often," she said before taking a sip of her drink.

"I'd pick that drink up if I were you," she said as a guy came flying their way. It seemed a fight had started in the back and finally worked its way up to where they were. The owner was trying to coral it.

"I suggest paying and leaving I don't know those two out here, but the one looking out I do and he's not good at losing."

Rhindeer

Scooping her drink up as instructed, Jherna downed it quickly and hissed at the burn, set the cup back down on the table, and bounced to her feet. She was more than ready to get out of here, and didn't want to get caught up in that brawl.

Not that she couldn't hold her own. She was no fighter, but beneath her clothes she had a blade sheathed at her thigh. And she knew how to use it. Had been forced to use it before.

She'd rather not deal with that, however, and so she quickly skirted around the table and headed for the door, eager to get out. "Hurry up, then!"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

wolfie

Ewara wasn't surprised by the fight. It happened more often that she liked. It was another reason she was glad she left this place. She hadn't seen one fight since she had left nor had she had to punch anyone. It was a nice change of pace.

She noted that her friend was ready to be out of there. She just put the drink down having only sipped it a couple of times. She knew better than gulp it down fast. It wasn't pleasant that way. She would have warned the woman if she had known she was going to gulp it.

Ewara sighed and realized she was being saddled with the check. She figured it was because she had chosen this place. She quickly paid and went outside to see where the woman had gone to. She leaned against a post and looked around knowing no one would bother her. They wouldn't dare if they knew what was good for them.

"Jherna?"

Rhindeer

Outside the tavern, Jherna took a deep breath and waited near the door, glad to be out of that environment. Whether she could hold her own against crooks or not, that didn't mean she liked to, or that she wanted to risk being put in that position.

Which also made her rather antsy as she waited for Ewara, who was taking far longer in there than seemed necessary.

Thankfully, the girl soon stepped out the door, and when she called for her, Jherna reached out and tapped her shoulder. "I'm right here!" she said, speaking up so she hopefully wouldn't surprise her too badly! "Whew. What took you so long? For a second there, I thought those men might have held you up."

wolfie

"Sorry I didn't mean for that to take so long. I was paying and then avoiding the scuffle. Oh don't worry they wouldn't mess with me they know better," she said a wicked smile on her lips. She had been in many fights when younger. None of them wanted a piece of her right hook.

"So where to now?" She asked hoping that this time the other lady would pick a place. It hadn't been done on purpose. It was the best place she knew.

Rhindeer

"Oh, ah..." Jherna shifted awkwardly at that. Where to now? Honestly, she hadn't thought of that. Her plans had involved her getting a drink and then going home so she could work on her projects. Because she had a lot of projects. And she should check on Simone to see how he was doing with the ledgers, though she doubted he would be having problems with that.

She hadn't really been planning on making an all day event of a random encounter!

"Honestly, I only planned on going home after this," Jherna said with a sheepish smile. "I have a lot of projects I need to tend to and--wait. Did you say 'pay'?"

And at that, Jherna slapped her forehead. "Oh goddess, I'm so sorry! I didn't pay for my drink! Ah, how much did it turn out to be?"

Already she was digging around in her coin purse, cheeks red with embarrassment. She, a merchant princess rich enough to buy the establishment, and she'd made the girl cover her drink!

wolfie

She could see this woman was having some trouble about this. If anything Ewara wasnt planning on staying more than her welcome. She could entertain herself if she needed to. If anything, and if she really wanted to, she could just go back inside and have some fun. It had been awhile, and she knew that  as long as she side stepped her family for now that things would be okay.

"Okay, yes I did say pay. Don't worry about it I'm not exactly broke. Go tend to those projects. It was a pleasure meeting you, Jherna, hopefully we will run into each other again soon. If not here then perhaps if you ever come my way," she said glad to have perhaps made a new friend. She liked those.

@Rhi-Rhi

Rhindeer

"Oh...well...thank you!" Jherna said, and felt a little sheepish--and guilty for having the girl pay. She could have afforded it--she could have more than afforded it--and she felt like she had rather been a poor guest. There was nothing to be done about it now, though. What was done was done, and the woman didn't seem too upset about this, thank Hakeshna.

"If we ever do run into each other again, consider the tab on me! It's the least I can do," she said with a smile. "It was a pleasure, Ewara!"

And with that said, she turned to leave. She had perfumes to make and a business to run. Couldn't keep the wealthy customers waiting!

wolfie

"A pleasure," she said then chuckled when she heard what Jherna said about the tab. It didn't matter in the long run. She had her ways of gaining coin not that she would share that with her new friend.

"I'll consider that then. Good luck with your customers," she said and then watched as her new friend left. It was a good thing too she wasn't sure how much longer she could carry it like that. Once she was alone she walked into the shadows and pulled out the purse she had stolen. She opened it and pocketed all the coins tossing the empty purse aside. The day was young and ripe.

{Fin unless you wanted a second encounter on another day in here}