Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Kitten whispers and tickle fights. [Aeyt!] [M]

Started by Rhindeer, August 07, 2014, 09:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

The day after the faire saw Einin at Ryk Handelaar's estate, for she had been invited there to the dinner she was partially responsible for. After all, she'd suggested he hire jugglers and the like! Which she'd suggested after drinking a bit too much wine, but hey! It meant this dinner should be interesting.

But mostly, she was excited to see Ryk's home, and curious about the animals he kept. The way he talked about his estate, it seemed an exotic place. Certainly a lot more interesting than her own home, for while her home couldn't be called plain in any sense of the word, it was definitely traditional.

And, well, if they really were going to get married...may as well get used to the place she'd no doubt be living.

That thought sent her heart thumping nervously as her carriage approached his estate and a servant helped her out. Despite what they'd done, the idea of living with him was...it was strange. Was she really planning on doing this? Going through with it? Could she grow to love him? She knew she cared for him, and liked him, and...she'd learned she liked the not-so-platonic things they'd done, but...love? And with their conflicting identities?

Ugh, it was so confusing...

Dressed in a deep violet dress (one of her more expensive ones!) with a low neckline and her hair worn down (okay, so maybe she'd remembered that he liked that...), she headed up the stairs to his estate as the servants ushered her inside, one heading off to fetch Ryk. She was early, but she thought it better to arrive early than late!

And as she stepped into the foyer to wait for him, hands clasped and fidgeting, she had to admit, she was anxious to see him.

Would it be weird, seeing him again after everything, now that she was sober?

Or would it just feel...natural?
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Aeytrious

Ryk was in his standard bedroom on the second floor, adjusting his black cravat when a servant came to announce the arrival of the young Lady Beirne. He smiled looking over at his large, and very expensive Connlaothian spring-driven clock, noting that Einin was at least an hour early. A magic clock would have been more accurate, but it wouldn't show off his wealth as thoroughly. He turned from the mirror he was using and thanked the servant, then exited to the hall. He walked at a brisk pace, reaching his lounge quickly, and crossing to the door that led to the second floor landing. From the top of the stairs he looked down on the very beautiful Einin Beirne, in her gorgeous dress. The nagging thoughts of his encounter with Dylanna the day before were whisked away. Why worry about love when there was a delicious young woman here to see him.
        "You're early I see," Ryk smiled as he descended the stairs toward his guest. He plucked at his black jacket, trimmed in a pink that perfectly matched Einin's hair. His vest underneath of course matched, as well as his pocket square, all to his usual standard. When he reached the bottom of the stairs, he crossed to Einin. He extended his hand to take hers, in the a gentlemanly greeting, bowing his head to kiss the back of her delicate hand. "I'm so pleased," he said, never taking his eyes from hers. "The cooks we invited have been here for most of the day. I gave them complete run of my kitchen and servants. They seem to be getting on quite well, but we're not allowed near there until they have completed their work." He smiled and tilted his head toward a nearby door, "Shall I give you a tour of my home?"
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
ArjanDirkElijahGeldGulliusHiram
HerewardKheelanKurohanaLex
MalilaMelyndariaMowellesaQuinnlyn
SehrayanahTiberiusValencia
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Einin wasn't waiting long before Ryk appeared, and when he spoke, she beamed up at him and watched him descend. Matching her again, was he? That was...actually really flattering, that sort of attention to detail--but okay, she was lying to herself if she tried to claim she was paying that close attention to what he was wearing!

She was more focused on him, and how her heart raced and skin tingled when he kissed her hand.

"Well, I certainly wouldn't want to interrupt their hard work! And some chefs, I've heard, can be quite superstitious...anyway, I'd love a tour!" Einin said, and laid her hand on Ryk's arm with a grin. "I've been curious about your place, after everything you told me! Are you going to show me your animals, too? Will we have time?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Aeytrious

"We may," Ryk said, "and if not today, there is tomorrow, when you come to swim." He paused and swept his arm out at the room they stood in. "My grand entry is grand of course. Had to live up to the name." The double doors Einin had come in through were a dark wood, carved in beautiful detail, depicting some of Serendipity's fey ancestors. The flooring and wall paneling was a rich golden wood. Along the edges of each plank were delicately etched runes. A gorgeous crystal chandelier hung high overhead, from the thirty-five foot ceiling, with twinkling lights that could only be magic. A large, handwoven rug, with intricate flowered designs around the edges and a large Merchants Scale for House Handelaar in it's center spread out below their feet. Another set of large double doors, stood opposite the entrance, flanked by two sets of ebony stairs leading to the second floor landing. From where they stood, a second pair of stairs could be seen to lead up to the third floor landing. The entire, three tiered room was beautifully, and tastefully, decorated with art and tapestries. To their left and right were another two sets of double doors each, these a more normal size, and Ryk lead Einin to the left.
        The room they entered made less sense in its decoration, and appeared to be more of a small museum, which it was. Ryk gave brief explanations of each work of art as they did a quick circuit of the displays. He had works of world renown, and some of more historical value than monetary. When they were back to the doors they had started at Ryk lead Einin across to a single door that lead into a large sitting room. Furnished in dark burgundies and maroons, with rich red wood and a large fire place, the room was surprisingly cozy for its large size. A fully stocked bar, complete with a servant at the ready, took up one corner, and where the walls were not covered in shelves of books or curios, hung more tasteful art, depicting exotic locales. They did not linger long, as Ryk led Einin to the furthest door of two, leading into a drawing room. Half the size of the sitting room, but still large by normal standards, the room was decorated in much lighter colors. Soft blues and yellows with touches of green and orange decorated the rooms furnishings, and a honey colored wood for the floor and walls. A small fireplace at one end of the room, with large windows on the other to let in natural light. A small bar cart stood fully stocked, but unmanned near double doors leading out the other side of the room.
        As they passed through the double doors, Einin found herself looking at a large dining hall, with four long dining tables. They floors had no rugs, and the art was simpler, mostly depicting revelers at feasts. The room, as large as it was, was filled with the smells of delicious food. The kitchen was across through two sets of double doors, one set for entering the other for exiting, Ryk explained to Einin. That way his large staff would not run into one another as they rushed in and out with food and beverage. The doors were equipped with small windows, in case new staff members made the mistake of using the wrong doors, or some ignorant guest wandered to the kitchen. They avoided the room altogether, knowing they were not allowed to enter, and slipped through a single door down the wall a bit from the doubles they came in through. It led to a study, with a large desk, and many shelves of books. Having no exterior walls, the room had no windows and would have been very dark if not for the magical globes that hung in the air. The room was obviously more for utility than entertaining, but still had a liquor cabinet. Sheaves of documents were bundled on the desk. Some of those exposed bore a wax seal of Ryk's approval, others not yet finished. The fireplace shared the flue of the one in the drawing room, and had embers in it now, a burned document all but ashes lay in it. Ryk did not linger there long, leading Einin through one of the other two rooms that lead into the study. They were now back in the art room.
        "You've only seen six rooms. Is it living up to your expectations so far? We have the other side of this floor, and two more levels above."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

"So far? Definitely!" Einin said as they returned to the art room, with all its unusual--and fascinating--relics. She turned to take another glance at a painting depicting a marketplace scene in what she assumed was Essyrn, considering its desert theme.

"Have you been to all these places, too?" she asked as she moved from that picture to another, wanting a second look. These pictures were so much larger, and more detailed, than the scribbles she'd seen in books. "I've always wanted to visit another country. Like maybe Thanatos! I hear there, they're ruled by women, and have female warriors and everything. I'd really like to see that. You'd probably like it, eh?"

She said that last bit with a teasing grin his way. "'Cause they wear so little?"

Aeytrious

"Thanatos? The people of Essyrn, especially the women, wear next to nothing. The swimming suit you'll be wearing tomorrow is based on normal daytime attire." Ryk walked beside Einin as she inspected some of the pieces a second time. He answered any questions she had about them quite thoroughly. "I've been to many of these places, but not all of them. Of course I only travel to these far off places as I am now, a merchant. I have a little business in Thanatos and Essyrn," he told his guest, "Most of my exports go to Adela. While Connlaoth has my largest import market" As he walked beside the young Lady Beirne, his fingers idly found a bare piece of her skin, and stroked across it.
        "Perhaps you'd like to go on an occasional business trip with me? When we're married of course."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

"Uh, occasional?" Einin said, and stepped a little closer to him as he stroked her skin--so he could keep doing that. "You remember who you're talking to right now, right? Me? The person who kinda loves adventure and things? Who just said she's been dying to travel all over? Unless by occasional you mean all the trips."

Lifting up on her toes, she sneaked in a quick kiss on his cheek. "Except Connlaoth. I don't think I'd care for that wreck of a place. But I'd go all the other places if I had to stowaway on your ship."

Aeytrious

Ryk smiled at Einin's enthusiasm. He had only meant that she should travel with him when she was not busy with something of her own, but there was no need to explain that at the moment. He turned to her after her kiss on his cheek, and returned it with one of his own, on her mouth. Then he put his hand on hers and began to lead her toward the door to the grand entry.
        "We'll cross the entryway," he told her, "and I'll show you the other side of this floor. There's a room there I'm sure you're going to love."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

With her hand in his and the taste of Ryk's mouth still on her tongue, Einin walked with him as he lead her along.

"Really? Is it the animal room?" she asked with a grin.

Nope. She wasn't excited about that in the slightest.

Aeytrious

"The animals are outside," Ryk said with a smile, "we'll get to them in time. We're touring the inside first, my dear. I think you'll enjoy one of my favorite rooms." He lead Einin out of the art gallery, through the entry, and through the double doors on the opposite side. The room they entered was another gallery of art. Like the before, the circled the room, Ryk giving explanations of the origin and significance of each piece. Halfway through the room, they passed a slender door. "That goes to the cellar. I will show it to you another day. There are rooms down there that Owl would love."
        After a circuit of the room, Ryk lead Einin back to a set of double doors they had passed. He pushed them open and lead her in to perhaps the largest room in the house. Tall bookcases lined the walls, and stood in rows. In the very center there was a very small sitting area. It consisted of a few plush chairs, pillows strewn about a thick rug, and an exotic essyrn chaise. A low standing table sat in the middle, stacked with recently read books, a few of them open. Lighting the area, were magic globes of light, trapped in gilded cages, set on the end tables. The rest of the library was lit by similar globes, that danced through the air. The tall bookcases had rolling ladders, so that the highest tombs could be reached. Above the sitting area was a hole in the floor of the second story, a tall railing around it to prevent inebriated guests from falling from above. In one corner of the room was a spiral staircase that went up to the second level of the library, where even more books were kept.
        "So much knowledge and adventures all here in my home." Ryk smiled, and swept out his free hand. He was clearly proud of the collection. "And this is only my personal collection," he whispered in Einin's ear, "there is a secret library in the city, where the Soot Wolves bring rare books collected from around the world. We copy the tomes, and send the originals back to where they came from. There is no book in Arca we don't have a copy of, including those of the University." He smiled and lead her to to the sitting are, where he sat and pulled Einin into his lap.
        "You can browse to your hearts content, but I'd first like to steal some kisses before you do."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

"Omigods." Einin let it out in a rush, her breath catching in her throat as she took in the room. A room she could easily lose herself in forever. But for the moment, all she could do was stare with wide eyes, turning her body slowly to get a good look at it all--and then gasping again when she saw that there was a second level!

She covered her mouth with both hands to hold in the happy squeal that wanted to bubble out, and cursed the fact that they had a dinner tonight, because she wanted to throw herself at all those books and eat them up like precious, precious candy. Ryk's words in her ear made her shiver--both because of what he actually said, and because his warm breath tickled, but oh gods. Oh gods.

All those books and adventures and stories!

She craned her neck to stare at them all even as Ryk lead her to the seating area, and she only broke her stare when he pulled her into his lap. With a delighted laugh, she cupped his face in her hands and kissed him full on the mouth, then again, the second one longer and deeper than the first as she nibbled at his bottom lip and tasted him with her tongue.

Yeah. Books kind of did it for her.

"What's your favorite?" she asked against his mouth. "Your favorite book ever?"

Aeytrious

"I have read very few books for the pleasure of reading," Ryk informed her, "I just don't have the time. I'd have to say though, that I really enjoyed a historical piece about tombs of Essyrni kings. There are so many that have been lost to the sands. I'd love to explore the dessert searching for them," he said with a smile. "I was thinking, that I might fund an expedition. Though I doubt I'd have time to go myself. Imagine the treasures that could be found."
        "What about you," he asked Einin, "what is your favorite book?" Knowing she could talk while he kissed her, Ryk brushed her hair back from her shoulders. He leaned in and caught the lovely scent of her tresses as he placed his lips on her neck. He kissed Einin softly, licking, and biting her gently. He tugged at one shoulder of the dress, while he loosened the ties in the back, so that he could expose more of her flesh. The top of Einin's soft breasts pushed up my the only partially loosened dress, Ryk kissed her chest, while his fingers gently played in her hair, and caressed her neck. He made small sounds of delight, at the taste of her skin, but he listened to her as she spoke. After all, he didn't want to be rude.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

"Could always make time, you know," Einin said, "'cause that sounds like fun! Getting the treasure doesn't sound half as fun as finding it yourself! But anyway...hmm...my favorite book..."

She tilted her head in thought. Gosh, that was a hard one. She had so many favorites! "Oh, well, I read a lot of fiction, you know? A lot of stories about heroes and...and...ah..." She trailed off as Ryk began to kiss her neck, the sensation sending pleasant chills down her spine and heat through her body. Her hands tightened on Ryk's shoulders and she bit her lip as his teeth and tongue followed suit, her head tilting a little as she leaned into him, and she sucked in a breath.

He was making it terribly hard to think!

"Ah...my favorite book...right! It's, uhm..." He was loosening the ties of her dress, and her heart beat faster for it. "It's an adventure! It's about a knight who--he has to complete these, these trials to save his...his--oh, jeez!"

His lips found the tops of her breasts, his hands were in her hair, his caresses utterly tantalizing, and she lost her train of thought completely as her mind jumped to other, more immediate, and more thrilling things. Squirming a little in his lap, she grabbed for his wrists with a breathy laugh. "You're making it really hard to talk, you know!"

Aeytrious

Ryk didn't stop his kissing immediately, but after a moment he pulled back and gave Einin a suggestive look. "I do want to hear what you're saying, but the low neck on this dress just had my imagination going wild." He leaned down and ran his tongue through her cleavage, and all the way up to her chin. Then he kissed her on the mouth. "You're just so delicious. I can't help myself."
        He leaned back and adjusted Einin's dress back to how it had started, though the laces were still loosened. He gave her a soft smile, that actually reached his eyes, and brushed his hand through her hair. "Tell me of this adventure book you love."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Einin was really starting to get into this, and thinking that maybe she could just tell him later...but then Ryk stopped.

And it took her a moment to remember what they were talking about.

"Oh...right. Ah..." Einin said, though she really wanted to say that he didn't have to stop! She cleared her throat, trying to get her mind back on track, for it had veered wildly off course and gone straight into fond recollections of the day before. "Tease," she muttered with a knowing smile at Ryk, before she made herself comfortable on his lap, resting her head against his shoulder.

"Right. So...okay, so it's about this knight, see? He's kind of a nobody, but then one day this princess gets kidnapped! Kidnapped by this horrible, jealous sorcerer. So he goes off to try to save her, because all the people before him--like, really famous knights and stuff!--failed and died horribly, so people were getting less and less bold. So he volunteered, even though he figured he'd probably die, too. So he goes and he has to complete all these deadly trials to try to save her and he keeps running into this mysterious, masked person and there's this really amazing part where you find out--!"

She paused and looked up at Ryk sharply. "Well, if I told you, it'd spoil the big reveal, but it's really amazing and I totally didn't see it coming!"

Aeytrious

Ryk stroked Einin's hair while she talked about the book she loved, smiling at her excitement. "I'm sure I probably have a copy of it. Here, or in the other library," he told her, "I'll have to read, just write the title for me before you leave, so that I can remind myself to look for it." He turned his head to kiss her crown, and then he gently lifted her as he stood, and softly placed her, standing beside him.
        "If we remain here much longer, I know we'll lose ourselves in each other, and we haven't even finished the first floor." He groped at her briefly, kissing her a few more times, before offering his arm again. Just a few last rooms down here, and we'll head up. I think you'll like when we finally get to my private quarters."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

"You got it!" Einin said with a grin, back on her feet again. "I think you'll like it! Or, at the very least, well...it's kind of important to me, so...you'll probably be able to guess why, when you read it. It's kind of an Owl sort of story."

Meeting his kisses with more of her own, she took his offered arm, still a little tingly and excited from his touches. As they walked, she stole some final, longing glances around the library, and sighed.

"Your quarters will have to be awfully special to top this."

Aeytrious

"I think the size of my bed will be more than enough to top this," Ryk said with a crooked grin. He led Einin out of the vast library through a set of double doors that led into a large room. Other than the interior walls and the doors that lead further into the mansion, the room was completely glass, even it's high ceiling, three stories above. The floor was made of the finest bamboo, shipped from Thanatos. The runes that were carved into all the other wooden floors and paneling were visible here as well. Similar runes were etched into the each glass pane. Even the knobs of the two sets of glass double doors were crafted from glass.
        It would be easy to imagine that the room would become an oven, with the sun shining down as it was, but instead it was pleasantly warm. A subtle aroma drifted through the air, reminiscent of fruit and honey. Waist high planter boxes filled with various edible shrubberies, split the room into five sections, each with its own seating. The chairs were a woven bamboo, with deep, plush, cushions. The double doors to the right of where Einin and Ryk had entered led out into a beautiful garden, and what appeared to be a hedge maze. Straight ahead of them, the other double doors led outside to his wildlife collection. Ryk led Einin in a quick circuit of the room, pausing at each door, so she could take a moment to look outside. Then he led her to the last set of doors in the room.
        "If we have time, I will show you the menagerie," Ryk told Einin, "but there is much remaining of the home that you have not seen." He then pulled open the doors to reveal a private concert room. There was little in the way of decoration, mostly images of minstrels, troubadours, and bards, playing their instruments. Otherwise, the walls, and most of the room, had instruments on racks and displays. Every instrument imaginable was present, and some that had never been played in Arca before.
        "Do you play anything?"
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

The next room was amazing, and felt like...it felt like what being in Thanatos must be like! The bamboo, all the plants, all that warmth...

It didn't top the library, but it came in at a close second so far. She'd just have to see if Ryk's bed lived up to the hype. But so far, she thought the outdoors might even beat everything indoors, from what little glimpses she could see of it. A maze, even?! Why hadn't he ever mentioned he had a maze! No wonder he wasn't too impressed by the one at the faire!

Following him into the music room, her jaw dropped at the sight of his collection.

She wasn't big into music. She liked to listen to it, definitely! But that was about it. That said, though she wasn't the most knowledgeable about all things music, she was fairly certain that there were instruments there that weren't even Serenian. Or even Adelan. Because they looked like nothing she'd ever seen--and she couldn't even fathom their function.

Making a circuit of the room to examine the pieces, she came to a stop before a rather intimately familiar one, and when Ryk asked his question, it was like he'd read her mind.

"Er, define 'play'. Because if by 'play' you mean get out a few notes in some sort of order where they sound roughly okay..."

Looking up at Ryk, Einin grinned sheepishly. "Heh, naw, I can play a little on the rebec," she said as she trailed her fingers over the smooth wood of said instrument. She didn't pick it up, though; it was rude to just grab peoples' instruments uninvited! They were expensive, and people could be touchy about that. "I just know a couple songs. Nothing that impressive. I never really had the head for music, you know? Or the patience! Getting me to sit still in one place and practice was like trying to teach a cat to be a pigeon."

Turning back to Ryk and looking about the room, she made a sweeping motion with her arm to encompass all the instruments. "Can you play all these?"

Aeytrious

"All of them? By Kia, that would be a feat," Ryk said laughing. He walked over to a finely crafted flute that sat on a pedestal, and lifted the instrument to his mouth. He did not hesitate in opening up and playing the fastest, most complex song he knew. He swung the flute about, rocking his body quickly to the tempo, not lifting his feet in the rooted dance. He played for just over a minute, and when he finished, he bowed with a flourish, like a proper jongleur.
        "This is the instrument I am best with," Ryk explained, "it's how I fed myself after leaving Zantaric. How I raised the coin to set myself up as a merchant. I used to play that song while balancing on a ball," he told Einin. He smiled at the memory of it before continuing, "I can play most wind instruments, and I'm especially fond of the newer trumpets. I can play string instruments that are plucked, but I have never learned to use a bow." He placed the flute back in it's place and then moved close to Einin. He pointed to the rebec.
        "You should play it. Even if you aren't the most talented. I'd love to here you play." He gave her a soft kiss, touching his tongue to her lip. "Play for me?"
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Tags: