Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hurrying to a trade (open)

Started by Kirez, August 18, 2014, 10:49:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirez

Erik was hurrying down the street, a wrapped bundle tucked neatly in his arms. He was supposed to meet a merchant he had been discussing terms with for a while now. He was supposed to trade the bundle in his arms for a staff which was supposed to be of great magical power. He was running around a corner when he suddenly slammed into someone. ''Oof!''

Wicked Basket

Xin was not too fond of having to be surrounded by random people all of the time. He didn't know why, but he just couldn't stand them. They were just so.... pathetic. Scrabbling around in the dirt, doing their best to make something of themselves only to one day die and have it all be for nothing. Xia, however, was perfectly fine with it, but that was in her nature.

As the pair walked through the streets, someone bumped into Xin as he came around the corner. Xin immediately grabbed two handfuls of the man's shirt and hoisted him into the air with ease.

"Watch it," Xin snapped. "I get it. This is the whole 'run into someone and take their coin purse' trick isn't?! I should tear your arms off you filthy criminal!"

"Xin, stop," Xia said placing her hand on his arm. "You don't know that he was trying to steal from you. It could have just been an honest mistake. Put him down. You've scared him senseless."

thehiddenbeast13

Johnathan cautiously walked down the market place. This was a new area for him, but he was ready to explore. He could see multiple people running around and selling multiple herbs and other items. The young angel continued to walk around the small market place when he saw someone holding another person by the shirt. Johnathan quickly rushed over with one hand on his dagger and said,
"What's going on here!? Let him go..." His tone suddenly changing to that of a calming one.
He eased his hand off of his dagger only due to the fact that he didn't want more trouble then what had already started.

Kirez

Erik's eyes widened as the stranger hoisted him in the air. He gripped onto his bundle with his dear life. ''Hey, let go of me!'' The tips of his toes touched the ground, but barely. His face had gone pale. What was he going to do now?

''I wasn't going to steal anything! I just bumped into you!'' He stared into the mans eyes, trying to convey his sincerity.

Wicked Basket

Xin squinted his eyes at Erik as if trying to judge his sincerity.

"Xin, put him down," Xia repeated softly.

Xin slowly lowered Erik to the ground and released his shirt before crossing his arms.

"Apologize," Xia told him.

"I suppose you'll want me to give him my damn hand too, huh?"

"You're impossible," Xia said with a sigh.

She then turned to Erik.

"I apologize for my brother's actions. He can be quite.... confrontational. He didn't harm you did he?"

Kirez

Erik didn't answer at first. He was patting down the bundle, assuring himself that nothing was broken. He put it to his ear and gave it a gentle shake. He gave a sigh of relief.

''No, I'm quite alright. I'm sorry I bumped into you like that.'' He gave a little smile.
He put the bundle under his arm.

thehiddenbeast13

Jonathan was glad that he didn't have to get involved and quickly left the scene. He stood at a nearby booth where he bought a few dried roots and other herbs and quickly paid for them and sat down nearby a tree and pulled out his large dagger. He slowly and very carefully sliced and cut some of the herbs and tucked them away in his bag. He smiled a little as he saw the occasional bird fly by in a hurry. He put his back to the tree and relaxed. It was a long journey to get here and now he wanted to rest for once.

Wicked Basket

"You should be," Xin snapped earning himself a small thwack in the stomach from Xia.

"It's fine," Xia insisted. "Accidents happen. Where are you going in such a hurry anyway?"

thehiddenbeast13

Johnathan kept one eye on Xin, Xia, and Erik to make sure that the same event didn't happen a second time. He stayed quiet, but winced a little when he saw Xia hit Xin in the stomach,
"That's gotta hurt..." Johnathan said quietly to himself as he continued to work with his herbs.

Kirez

''Oh!'' He gave a little exclamation of surprise. ''I'm going to be late!'' He said. ''I'm going to a trade. This thing against a staff of great magical power! The merchant said so himself!'' He grinned and gave the bundle in his arms a little shake. It was a actually a music box that played music while beautiful lights danced above it. It was quite the neat little thing. Too bad to trade it but it was what the merchant wanted so who was he to argue?
''I really do have to go though.'' He said as he looked up at the sun, trying to measure the time.

Wicked Basket

"That sounds awfully shady," Xin commented. "Who would give away a staff of great magical power for whatever that thing is. If this staff is as powerful as they say, couldn't they just get one of their own."

"I think Xin is right for once," Xia agreed. "This does sound awfully suspicious. Maybe we should go with you to make sure this is legitimate."

"Hold on a second. I never said...."

Xia hit Xin in the stomach again to silence him.

"Yes, I think it would be best if we accompanied you just to make sure," Xia insisted.

Kirez

He looked at both of them and nodded. Who wouldn't want a pair of bodyguards?

''Alright, sounds fine by me. It's not far, just down by the docks.'' He smiled a little and turned around to start jogging.

''We are short on time though, so we have to run.''

thehiddenbeast13

Johnathan could see Erik running down his way, but didn't do anything. He remained silent as he pretend to rest at the tree. I'll help if I absolutely have to he thought to himself as he could hear Erik getting closer. He opened his eyes and grabbed his dagger off of the ground and sheathed it. He could hear Erik's footsteps getting closer, but didn't seem to mind anymore.

Wicked Basket

Xia and Xin followed the boy to his destination, though Xin severely lacked motivation in doing so. He felt that it was just a big waste of time, which it might well turn out to be. Xia thought it was worthwhile though. She couldn't let the boy be taken advantage of, especially if she knew it might happen. It would eat her alive. The boy seemed awfully eager to get where he was going. Xia hoped that this was legitimate just so that he wouldn't be disappointed.

thehiddenbeast13

Johnathan could see Xia and Xin, but chose not to look at either of them. If Xin would grab someone by the shirt just for bumping into them who knew what he'd do if he gave him a dirty look. Johnathan made a few small faces as Xin and Xia passed, but had them aimed at Xin. He hoped that he didn't see, but personally doubted it.

Wicked Basket

Xin, being Xin, was always on the lookout for anything suspicious. As his eyes scanned his surroundings, he noticed some boy sitting under a tree and making faces at him. How dare he! Did he not know who Xin was? He could snap his frail mortal body in half if he felt like it. Since he didn't have time to stop and confront the boy because Xia kept on walking, he simply shot a fireball that hit the ground right next to the boy along with a scowl. That boy needed to learn some manners.

thehiddenbeast13

Johnathan's eyes widened as a large fireball almost hit him. He quickly got up and looked around for the culprit. He was furious that someone would shoot that at him. He cursed a little under his own breath and decided that it would be best if he left the tree. He muttered to himself as he left,
"Darn idiots with magic these days..."

Kirez

As Erik was running he felt a discharge of magic behind him and a fireball hitting the ground. He slowed down and turned around to see scorched ground near a tree with a young man by it.
Xin was turned towards him looking hostile and Erik stopped with a sigh.
Rule number one of not getting into a fight was to not interfere with one in the making. So, resigning himself to decidedly not making the trade, he watched as it played out.

thehiddenbeast13

Johnathan wanted to fight back, but chose to get up, curse again under his breath, and go to another shady tree. He was furious, but tried his best not to show it. The side of his arm had received a very small scorch, but ignored It as he applied a few herbs onto it to help the burns. He sighed and murmured,
"I....don't want any trouble."

Wicked Basket

"No. No you don't," Xin told him. "Especially not with me."

Finally noticing that something was going on, Xia turned and examined the situation. Looks like someone had rubbed Xin the wrong way. When will people learn what a huge mistake that is.

"What's going on here," Xia asked.

"That little brat is making faces at me," Xin told her. "He's lucky to be alive."

"Damnit, Xin. He's just a boy."

Xia walked over to the boy.

"Did the bad man hurt you," she asked softly as Xin growled behind her.