Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hired Help [OPEN]

Started by Vermillion, August 26, 2014, 01:38:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vermillion

Darkspur stood on the eastern edge of the ruins. Although he had heard stories about the ruins of Fell, he had never actually been. It was eerie. the sun shone on his back where he stood in the soft grass yet he could literally feel the icy breeze coming from the shadowed buildings. The entrance to Fell is where the light met the dark, the night met the day and the good met the evil.

Darkspur was there by request. There was word that a village close-by was being terrorised by what the locals were calling 'shadow people'. No doubt some some kind of spirit beasts, many entities tried to cross the threshold in the ruins, where the veil between worlds was always at its thinnest, vulnerable, ready to split at any moment.

On his way through the village, he had asked the elder about these beasts, and they offered him a bed to rest in and warm food whenever he passed through. Many of the villages were poor and it wasn't often work was actually rewarded with coin. Darkspur was alone on this journey, his wolf Akara was unable to follow along.

He was waiting. Darkspur had spread the word throughout the villages that he needed companions to travel with him on his quest "meet at the eastern entrance to the ruins of Fell, when the sun is at its highest point in the sky. He looked up. The sun was approaching its peak. He looked around for anyone approaching.

jparsonseagle

Talor hoped up a small stone being the size of a doll he couldn't see much he unshethed his pin and walked twards the ruins

thehiddenbeast13

A large man quickly ran through the ruins as if he were exploring it by himself. He had heard that someone else was planning to explore this, but he continued his studies. The sights and some of the remained scenery had very much surprised him. As he turned his large cloak flowed behind him as he cautiously removed his hood to reveal his large wolfish face. He held a small artifact that seemed to peek his interest. It was a photo that almost looked like his own family, but it seemed to be a incredibly younger generation. He could tell this was so only due to the fact that he couldn't see his mother or father, but he was able to see the mark of his family, three claw shaped marks across the left cheek. He smiled as he tucked the artifact away and put his hood back over his head. When his claws started to click on the ground from running he could already notice that it was starting to get cold,
"Now this....This is what I'm used to..." He said with a small chuckle

He slowed down a little bit so his large claws and hind legs wouldn't click along the ground like small blades across the ground. He looked up at a roof and said to himself with a bit of worry,
"I hope this roof is sturdy..."
He braced himself while he was on all fours and almost pounced on top of the roof with a loud thud. He looked up and lowered himself down to the side of the roof so he wouldn't be spotted by anyone nearby. He squinted as he saw a small figure that seemed to be looking in his direction. He said,
"So...I guess the rumors about another explorer are true.."
He lowered himself down as he slid down the side of the roof in order to get out of sight quicker. He started to move into a nearby building in order to get a better view of the person. He cautiously continued to think to himself and said,
"I wonder who chose to show up for this odd exploration..."
((Ooc:It's been a while since someone posted in the Northern areas, so I had to use my very first character for this.))

Vermillion

"Well, looks like I'm going it alone" Darkspur though to himself. He turned around to pick up his pack when something caught his eye. "What in the world?" He began to squint, making sure he was actually seeing what was before him.

Darkspur took a few steps forward, back onto a small patch of rocky terrain jutting out next to the ruins. His eyes widened and he took a step back. "Hey! It is!!" His curiosity was confirmed. It was a doll, a small rag doll.

However, this one was walking! And it was carrying a large darning needle. Darkspur crouched down to meet the small creature who stopped at his feet, just staring. "Do.. You speak?" He felt foolish talking to a doll, he looked around to see if anyone was around.

He repeated "do you talk little one?"

((Ooc: that's cool Blade, sounds like a rad character. Got a link for his sheet? Wanna learn a bit about him :D))

thehiddenbeast13

The man smiled when he squinted his eyes enough in order to see the small rag doll. He said,
"Now that....That is..Hilarious."
He could see the small needle and couldn't help but let out a small chuckle. He quickly got up from the view of the window and ran out from the building and to another one. He looked around another house and grabbed a few artifacts that seemed to catch his interest. He said to himself,
"I have no interest of selling these...I just want a few pieces of memorabilia."
He chuckled to himself as he put a few of the artifacts into his cloak with a small smile.

He cautiously exited the old and horrid house and continued to examine the rest of the area. He could see a few houses on the top of the hills and said to himself,
"wow...These houses seem to be in pretty good shape...Who knows maybe I could move into one of these houses when my traveling days are over."
He laughed to himself and looked around for a means of getting to the houses. He couldn't see any and looked at the edge of the cliff and said with a sigh,
"I guess there's no other way to get up without any tools..."
He sighed and used his large claws to throw himself onto the wall and quickly run on the surface while on all fours and landed at the top in a matter of seconds. He slowly started to enter one of the deserted homes with a small smile on his face and muttered,
"You never know..."
((Ooc:Sure here you go:http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=17083.0  This is my first character, so I might make a few very small changes to him.))

Vermillion

Darkspur and the rag doll just stood and stared at each other for while, with no reply from the strange creature. He sighed and stood up. "Well, I'm heading into those ruins. Feel free to tag along" and with that, he slung his pack over his shoulder and gave a wave.

He reached the edge of the ruins and looked into the crumbling remains of what once looked like it could have been a beautiful place. He took a deep breath and crossed the threshold. Instantly, it felt like Darkspur had been transported into another world. Cold, lightless and if the legends were true, cursed.

He made his way down a small street, broken down houses lined the road. One that was still reasonably in tact caught his eye. Putting his hand on the rusted cast-iron front gate, he swung it open with a terrible screech of grinding metal. It seemed to echo loudly, but off what? It was as if the air was so thick that it was throwing sound back at him!

As he made his way to the front door he could not help but feel like there was something, or someone watching him. After closely surveying the area though  he found there wasn't, not that he could see. Darkspur took the handle on the front door and turned it with a stiff click. Opening it just enough to see inside. It looked clear. He opened the door and entered the house.

thehiddenbeast13

The cloaked figure could hear footsteps advancing closer and quickly opened the door to the house on the hill. He saw Darkspur looking through some of the houses and thought to himself, "There's nothing much in those houses, but I don't know if he has the proper tools to climb up the hill I'm on.." He carefully got out of the house and went to the northern side of the hill in order to get farther away from Darkspur. He carefully entered the other house and looked around for anything that may of belonged to his family. He sighed a little and cautiously peeked his head out of the door and quickly pulled it back in to make sure he wasn't too easily spotted. He finally said to himself,
"I need to think of a escape route...just in case..."
He sighed as he continued to look around and cautiously scan some of the belongings on the walls and the table and said,
"Nothing much here that looked like my mother's or father's..."
He sighed as he looked around and kept one eye on the window and the other on some of the objects that really caught his eye, but didn't touch them. He more less examined the artifacts from the old place that his family could once call home, although his parents, nor him lived there. He continued to scan and said,
"I may as well..."
He checked the window one last time and had his large ice blue eyes scan around the surrounding area in order to make sure no one was trying to climb the hill so he could make a quick and very narrow escape.

Vermillion

There was a thick layer of dust on absolutely everything in the house. This particular one that Darkspur had entered looked like everything was still inside. "It's as if everyone just up and left, leaving all their things behind." He though to himself. There was a pale light trying to shine through the dusty windows.

He moved across the room but was stopped in his tracks. Dust trickled from the roof and there was a shuffling noise above his head. "There must be an upstairs" he spotted the stairway in the corner and quietly crept up to the second floor.

Darkspur peered around the doorway. It was darker up here. The windows had been blacked out and there was only light leaking from the cracks in the floor. He held up his hand and conjured a small fireball, lighting the immediate area. He proceeded to check the rooms. But there was nothing.

He though to himself, id better get back out onto the street. "But I wonder what that noise could have been?"

jparsonseagle

Talo hoped up and down blinking his button eyes

thehiddenbeast13

The cloaked man could hear himself when he quickly sidestepped from the window in order to get away from sight of the other window from where Darkspur was. He stumbled other his own paw like appendages and fell over with a loud crash. He held a hand on his head and cautiously stood up still feeling a little doused. When he manged to get to his feet his large cloak ripped and revealed his large paw appendages. His eyes widened when he saw his large paws and said,
"Oh no...no no no..."
He quickly started to scan the area for anything that would let him sew on or just re-attach the removed piece of cloth
",Okay...There's nothing here...Well as long as no one joins in this house I should be fine..." He said to himself trying to be reassuring.
He cautiously continued to scan the area hoping to find something that'd let him fix his tattered clothing. He removed his hood with a sigh and sat down trying to think for a moment. His large wolfish face was directly in front of the window, but he didn't bother to notice or worry. He didn't know that he was in front of the window, but continued to stay in his thinking state so he could try to figure out what to do next. He said himself a little dazed,
"Okay...There has to be something around here."
He looked around for anything that would allow him to fix up his tattered clothing, but got up at last in order to walk over to the window and shut it, hoping that no one saw him and cautiously got up and murmured,
"Oh well there has to be someway for me to get out of here...."
He sighed as he quickly opened the door to the house and started to run from the house and quickly jumped into the large cover of a tree to hide himself. He was very dazed and couldn't get his mind straight, so he simply laid in one of the branches in order to hide himself. As he continued to lay in the tree, however he fell asleep and his large tail drooped down the side of the tree and his paws hung down the side of the tree. He murmured to himself,
"Just....A.....Little...While..."
His head folded in as he slept and his eyes were directly at his chest.

Vermillion

As Darkspur stepped back out onto the street, the was an almighty crash close by. The echo shot out and he took flight. Opening his hand, a red glow started swirling and a spectral sword appeared in his grip.

He came to a side street where a bunch of tiles lay crumpled on the footpath. Dust still settling around them "these are what I must have heard. Looks like they've just fallen" he looked around, a shield matching his sword wrapped itself around his other arm.

There was a massive courtyard, the town centre perhaps? In the middle was a decrepit old tree, it's branches were almost black. Darkspur looked up into the tree, there was a creature draped over one of the branches. It looked like a warewolf!

Darkspur readied his guard and yelled out "hey! You up there!"

thehiddenbeast13

Jordan's tailed crumpled when he heard Darkspur's yell. He slowly moved his head up and murmured,
"What is it?...What do you want...?"
He moved his head up quick and started to look around. He saw Darkspur and said,
"Are the weapons really necessary?"
He continued to look around as he saw the shield and said,
"I don't have any weapons to harm you with myself, so I don't see why you need to defend yourself..."

Vermillion

Darkspur considered his question. "Are they necessary? You tell me friend." The wolf had some formidable looking claws, and he was sure it's bite would be worse than its bark.

"What brings you out here?" This wasn't the creature that the villagers had described to Darkspur. This wasn't his man. Still, he couldn't help but feel like the shadows were moving about him, even as the commotion in the courtyard was taking place.

jparsonseagle

Talo created a bright light and then fell from one of the branches landing with a thud

thehiddenbeast13

",Well what would normally bring a fellow adventurer out to explore such ancient ruins...Just flat out looking around at all of the artifacts is the reason I came..." Jordan said with a fanged smile.
He looked over and Darkspur and quickly dropped down from the tree. He said with a slight chuckle,
"Now I believe you can tuck the sword and shield away..."

Vermillion

"Ah!" He said with more vibrance in his voice. "A fellow traveller. We'll in that case.. Well met friend".

Darkspur relaxed his posture, standing straight. "Right you are". The sword and shield he was holding  dissipated in a dull red fizzle without him even moving a muscle. He held out his hand in greeting, a grasping of wrists, a warriors greeting.

He looked down at the doll creature that had just seemingly appeared from the tree. "I see you decided to join me little one" he laughed, looking to the wolf man and shrugging his shoulders. He still hadn't figured out the little creature yet.

"My name is Darkspur, and you?"

jparsonseagle

Jarakti woke in a pile of rubble  looking doen at his crystalline body he slowly stood up looking for his master he was infact a golem

jparsonseagle

Talo took a pice of parchment diping his quill finger into the jar on his back and wrote his name "talor/talo" and a crude picture of an owl

thehiddenbeast13

Jordan slipped down from the tree and shook Darkspur's hand firmly. He said with another fanged smiled,
"Jordan Sene."
He laughed a little and said,
"So...What brings a fellow adventure like yourself over to fell?"

Vermillion

"Jordan". Darkspur nodded. "I'm hunting. Local villagers have been under attack from 'shadow beasts'. I've see some things moving in the dark corners of this god forsaken place, but nothing that stands out too much. Probably just my mind playing tricks on me. Have you seen anything strang?"

The air was starting to chill even more. It definitely felt like they were being watched now. The hairs on the back of Darkspurs neck stood up. He was creeped out, but had to keep his composure.

Echoes could be heard in the distance, bouncing off the dead stone that filled the ruins. Eerily beautiful even.