Started by Vermillion, August 26, 2014, 01:38:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thehiddenbeast13

Jordan turned his head a little to think. He said,
"I'm sorry, but nothing really comes to mind..."
He felt the wind getting colder and said,
"asides from that..."

Vermillion

"Hmm, it seems to be getting worse too". In no time at all, it had gone from just beefing dim, to almost pitch black. A strange yellow light kept the ruins in a dull glow. "That light..." He looked about. "It doesn't seem to have a source.. It's just.. There".

He walked across the courtyard and ran his fingers across the top of an iron gate, gazing at it attentively. There was a fine frost settling on everything! "What's happening?" He looked to the sky,  there was a fine sleet starting to fall. Almost like snow.

thehiddenbeast13

Jordan looked up and said,
"This isn't our snow...This is some sort of dark magic..."
He removed his hood to reveal his large, wolfish features. He sniffed the air for a moment and said,
"This isn't right..."
He looked at the light and said,
"I think that's a safe area!"
He could see little to no frost on the ground nearby the center of the light. He said,
"I think it's producing its own heat..."
He started to walk towards the light to see if his idea was true.

Vermillion

"Dark magic?" Darkspur held out his hand and let the snow fall into his palm. It sure looked like snow. But Jordan May have been right. There was a strange feeling to the air, it was dense. Getting heavier.

He followed Jordan over to the spot of light and instantly, the air was degrees warmer, dry even. "I've never seen this before" he raised a hand and pointed further down the path. "Look there! Another light" it was almost pitch black between the light they were in and the one ahead.

Now things were starting to move in the shadows, shrieks rang out every now and then as they watched. He had a bad feeling.

"That's our next safe zone I would imagine... I've got a feeling were going to be running a gauntlet of sorts." He looked to Jordan "keen?"

thehiddenbeast13

Jordan nodded and quickly sprinted on all fours to the next zone. He said,
"You better hurry! I think these lights are trying to lead us somewhere safe...or somewhere else..."
Jordan stood cautiously on all fours in the slowly fading pillar of light beckoning to Darkspur with his hands.

Chronicler

((Do you already have a plan for the cause of the lights? Cause I can certainly provide one. This seems like a good place for Ravyna to cause some trouble and be an anti-hero.))

Vermillion

Quote from: Chronicler on November 03, 2014, 02:38:05 PM
((Do you already have a plan for the cause of the lights? Cause I can certainly provide one. This seems like a good place for Ravyna to cause some trouble and be an anti-hero.))

Please do! Breathe some life back into this bad- boy.

Chronicler

As they entered the next pool of golden light, there was suddenly another figure keeping pace beside them.

She stood on two legs, but was unmistakably feline. She was dressed in flowing white silk, low cut in front and in back to make space for the enormous black wings tucked against her back.

"Where are we going?" she asked with a smirk as they continued to run the gauntlet. "Are we going on a madcap adventure? I love madcap adventures!"

Vermillion

Darkspur was suddenly startled and skidded to a halt. He took a few steps back to study the bi-ped feline. He looked to Jordan, his canine companion. Dogs and cats didn't exactly get along, but neither seemed bothered.

"Well, that all depends now, doesn't it." he said the the new comer. "Are you friend or foe?"

It wasn't easy to be sure in the ruins... It was hard to imagine that someone with good intentions would dwell in such a place.

Chronicler

Ravyna grinned, showing rows of pointed teeth. "You mortals have such interesting ways of classifying things. Friend or foe. Why is that your most important distinction? I prefer to organize people in terms of how they can be entertaining."

The sourceless yellow glow brightened, its area of influence growing around them. Ravyna sat down in midair on nothing in particular, her feet floating up off the ground.

"I happened to overhear a rumour about... whatever this place is." She gave an appraising look around. "So I thought I'd investigate. The trouble is, I can't recall what the rumour was about." She put a clawed finger thoughtfully to her mouth. "I'm sure you know though. Why are we here?"

Vermillion

"I guess that answers my question then". Darkspur looked her up and down. She fit the description... It was possible that she was behind whatever was going on here.
He took his eyes off her for a second as the yellow light around them grew brighter.
Was this her doing?
"I think I'm starting to understand what's going on here" he replied. "Perhaps you could also shed some light on the situation?" He smirked and waved his hand, gesturing to the yellow glow surrounding them.

Chronicler

Ravyna frowned. "I already did shed some light for you," she said. "If this light's not good enough, I may as well turn it off.

In the blink of an eye all light was gone. Darker than before the arrival of the magical glow. Only the two red points of her eyes remained in the night.

thehiddenbeast13

Jordan noticed the sudden loss of light and lightly elbowed Darkspur for his ignorance. He could see in the dark due to his heightened senses, but he didn't know about Darkspur. He put his hood back up, hiding his wolfish features and said,"The light was superb, now can you please bring it back I don't think my friend here can see very well in this darkness. He then sat down and began go pick at his claws a little while he awaited a response. Hopefully, the light would be back, but you can never be too sure about anything.

Chronicler

A loose pebble skittered across the bare rock as though disturbed by the passage of someone unseen in the night. Dark shapes moved, barely visible at the edge of vision, drawing closer now that the troublesome light no longer repelled them.

"Aren't those such funny creatures?" she asked, apparently ignoring the request. "What do you suppose they'll do to you?"

thehiddenbeast13

Jordan looked at the advancing creatures, he didn't like the look of things as a odd symbol appeared beneath him. He then said,"Get ready...things might get ugly" as he spoke, a large pair of grey gauntlets appeared before him. He slipped them one and snapped a finger. He then held up his hand and created a strange looking trap. He then looked at the trap, it began to form into the shape of a flaming bird. This bird seemed extremely flat, but produced enough light for Jordan to see...

Vermillion

The sounds of the creatures drew closer, although it seemed to be everywhere at once. Darkspurs hands burst into light, a red glow illuminating the area almost as much as the other light had.
But the flame that burns brightest burns fastest.
It was just enough time to highlight the creatures flooding in.
"What do you suppose they will do to you?".
He shook his head briefly. "I don't intend to find out!"

"Jordan, let's go." Darkspur took flight, back towards the way they had come.

Chronicler

The creatures recoiled from the light, almost seeming to vanish from its radius, forced back into the darkness. As they ran, Ravyna kept pace with the pair of adventurers.

So did the shadows. They seemed to fly, weightless and unhindered by the rough terrain.

Crystal

Suddenly there was a disturbance. A mysterious figure was hiding behind some ruins. She seems to be friendly.

OOC: I'm new to role playing so if I'm doing something wrong, please tell me!