Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

two of a traveling kind [Vermillion]

Started by Kefi, September 02, 2014, 08:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kefi

The merchant city was the only populated place Giradin enjoyed visiting. Whenever he was running low on supplies in Serendipity, Selevea was his go-to location. The werewolf kept to the woods mostly, for good reason. When his temper took over, he put others at risk. If Giradin could avoid causing chaos, he would go out of his way to do so. The smugglers of the region did not deter him: he was slight of build and quick to react. The city held little risk for an experienced werewolf. His thievery drew him to the area as well, of course. The Thieves court was a place he frequented since he began wandering a full decade ago.

The busy streets were full of shady characters. He was meandering around the outskirts of the congested scene, studying a select few people that might be prime victims. Thievery was an art form for Giradin. The victim was the most important element. As he was profiling them, one man in particular caught his eye. He spotted the wolf before the human. His aimless wandering for the past ten years had not actually been aimless: Giradin was seeking out other werewolves. His nose picked up on the scent of a wolf quicker than his eyes noticed another human. The werewolf stalked over to them, looking less than amicable due to the cloak draped over his shoulders and covering his bright red hair. Wisps blew into his face as he walked, showing a hint of color in the otherwise grayscale outfit.

With his back to the merchant city, he stood a few feet away from the mysteriously imposing pair. Only now did he reach up to pull his hood down. Standing straight, he cocked his head at the stranger in true wolf likeness with a playful grin on his angular face. "I see there's another wolf in Selevea." he said, hoping to befriend the pair through curiosity.

Vermillion

Darkspur and Akara walked down the cobblestone path heading away from The Thieves Court. A nice tight pouch of coin was tucked into Darkspurs pack, but of course, it was Akara's spoils. She was the thief of the two, but for some reason Darkspur really enjoyed coming to Selevea.

Perhaps it was that he grew up and spent most of his adult life in the Draconi forest, so the bustling city was a welcome and exciting change. Crowds weren't his favourite thing in the world though.

They headed down the busy street, there were people everywhere. Being that close to the centre of the thievery world, there were a lot of shifty looking people. But, it was a stern belief of Darkspur's that you should never judge a book by its cover. Akara's ears perked and she lifted her head to the sky and started sniffing like a mad woman.

Darkspur put his hand on her back and she turned her head. "What is it?" He asked. She shrugged the best a wolf could and replied "a familiar scent. Another wolf I think".

As they walked on, a cloaked man stepped across their path. He was much taller than Darkspur, and he ended up eye level with the mans chest. He raised his hands and drew down his hood. Instantly, Akara put her nose to him and nuzzled his leg, she didn't have a great deal of control over the animal instincts in this form. "This is him. The wolf I could smell earlier!"

"Hello there stranger" said Darkspur. "I see you've noticed my friend" motioning to Akara.