Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Fighting fire with fire

Started by paganchick, August 02, 2014, 02:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paganchick

To say it took effort to get James out of town took effort was simply a sore understatement. but she had his body packed into a box, one she could easily carry once she turned. She even bought a horse to haul the box so she could get away from the town before she turned. Jasper, the man Sapphira knew had his own kingdom, on his own island, a vampire demon lord, king. If they would be safe anywhere it would be there. Plus, Jasper was a master with poisons, and there antidotes.

DarkAssassin

In a deep sleep, odd dreams and visions slip and slide throughout James' mind. Vaguely, he's aware of his unnatural slumber.

paganchick

Once in the kingdom it didn't take long for Jasper to settle them in, giving them individual rooms in his grand palace. They were all gathered in the room that Jasper slept in. A trolly of different bottles and instruments sat beside Jasper as he looked at the wound in Jaspers back that had been neatly dressed and tenderly tended to. His strong dark brows furrowed.

"I can make and antidote, but it will not be pleasant for him."

DarkAssassin

Still in his sleep, more shapes and visions danced before James' eyes. Dangerous ones. Happy ones. Odd ones. His mind was racing. Calculating unknowable things.

paganchick

Jasper finally gave the man the drug that would bring him out of his death slumber before he started to work with the poisoned wound. Putting his liquid and that, all causing immense pain.

DarkAssassin

Almost immediately, as the drugs began to work, James' eyes flashed open. Even as pain tore throughout his body, he twisted where he was lying, knocking over some of the medical instruments beside him, and in less than a second his fingers were wrapped tightly around Jasper's throat. His eyes burned brightly, the disorientation was obvious as he fought the pain and tried to focus in on where he was, and how he got there.

Breathing heavily, his eyes struggled to remain clear as he glared at Jasper. "Vampire," he growled lowly. His deep voice echoed throughout the room, seeming to come from everywhere. His jaw clenched as the hand around Jasper's throat began to heat up. "Where am I?"

paganchick

"I would suggest you remove your hand," Jasper growled back, his eyes flashing dangerously.

Sapphira stepped up, grasping Jame's shoulder.
"I would listen to him," She said simply.
One reasons she stayed friends with Jasper was because she would much rather have him on her side than have him as an enemy. He was powerful and dangerous.

DarkAssassin

"Not until you tell me where the hell I am," the Dark Assassin glared, meeting the vampire's stare with cold ferocity, amplified by his pain. "And what you just put into my body." He had gone into survival mode. He had never met this man, nor did he know what was going on.

James turned his head feverishly at Sapphira's touch, his brow furrowing as he fought to recognize her through the veil of pain that clouded him. He tilted his head slightly and blinked, swallowing and turning back to Jasper. Sweat flowed down his face.

"Tell me what's going on before I burn you alive and take this whole damn place with you." There was not a hint of mockery or sarcasm in his voice.

paganchick

"I doubt you have the power to kill me dragon. Now act as if you have some home training. Release me and I will answer your questions. Do not, and I will let the poisons in your body kill you," Jasper replied cooly, his voice calm but there was a threat lying just beneath the surface.

DarkAssassin

James locked eyes with the man at the hint of the threat, his entire being holding on to that tone. Slowly, he moved the rest of his body off of the table, never relinquishing his grip on Jasper's throat.

Getting to his feet shakily, the Dark One took a step closer to the vampire, glaring right into his eyes. He looked for a long moment, fiery determination bubbling inside of him, anger roaring and churning. His emerald eyes held a blackness that made him seem suddenly very inhuman.

"Listen carefully," he stated. His voice was low now, and though he suffered immensely from the pain, it did not quiver. The tone was as sharp as an arrowhead. "No one ... gives me orders." He glowered, his body heating up instinctively. "Therefore, release ... is something I grant you."

With that, he shoved the vampire back, letting go of his neck and falling to one knee, the pain starting to become unbearable. The disorientation was beginning to take things to another level. His mind began thinking of escape.