Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

It's alright with those ivory teeth (Paganchick)

Started by SilmeriaElemred, October 06, 2014, 01:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilmeriaElemred

Cassie watched him leave and curled herself up in the furs cuddling her new pouch. ''Cassie made a new friend today.'' she whispered before she closed her eyes and brought her thumb to her mouth. Something that she despite her age still often did. Her eyes closed and she quickly fell in a light sleep. She'd wake at the slightest of footsteps for sure

paganchick

It didn't take Falaen long. The wold inside of him was still very much awake and ready to prowl. He could almost instinctively tell which traps would be sprung and which would be empty. When he did he return he had a rabbit, a couple of apples and a rather hard looking piece of bread.

SilmeriaElemred

A bit sheepishly the girl looked at Falaen. ''welcome back'' she said and looked at the food. Her stomach made a rumbling noise and her mouth watered a little. Sure she was used to not eat a lot but she did eat when able. Often unspoken longed for it too. But thinking of food already could make a person hungry. She was comfortable in the furs as well as they kept her warm. ''How will Falaen prepare the rabbit?'' she asked exited. She knew it was often prepared as stew, roasted or baked. But how to do it herself she had actually no idea.

paganchick

Falaen tossed one of the apples at the girl.
"Here, eat this while I cook the rabbit," He spoke as he set up a pit close to the entrance of the cavern to allow for ventilation. In several moments he had a small fire going, it was clear he was well rehearsed in building and starting fires. the rabbit was already field dressed and all it took to get the fir off was a sharp hard yank and the flesh easily peeled away from the muscle.

SilmeriaElemred

Cassie was a little clumsy with catching the fruit but somehow had very silently hopped to Falaen on one leg. Holding a fur around her with one hand and held the apple in another. The pouch was knotted with some rope at her waist against her dress.
The crunching sound of taking a bite of the apple was the first actual noise she made. The furs had kept her warm but in the end fire was warmer.

She finished the whole apple, even its core. But she had set aside the seeds. She had a habbit of planting them. ''A lady once told Cassie apples are the Devils fruit.'' she said with a giggle. ''Maybe that is why they taste so good.'' she said as she placed the seeds beside her and warmed her hands at the fire.

paganchick

Falaen actually laughed, something that was rare in deed.
"It is called the fruit of knowledge, so only those who think knowledge is evil think it is the devils fruit," He replied after a second.

He had the fire going and the rabbit propped up on sticks cooking. He sat down, watching silently. He didn't know how he was going to tell the girl, or how she would take it when he told her that she was going to be what he was.

(Sorry if this post is extra special. I know I haven't posted in a bit so I figured I would try)

SilmeriaElemred

((No worries. There is a lot going on in your life after all. Post when you feel like it =3 ))

''You laughed.'' Cassiopeia said softly.''knowledge... does that mean that is Cassie eats tons of apples..'' she spread out her arms indicating something big as she spoke.''.. that Cassie will become smart?'' She giggled. She looked at Falaen before hugging his arm.''Falaen laughed. That made Cassie happy because Falaen's blue eyes look so sad. Cassie hopes she is no burden to Falaen..''

Tags: