Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A string of song in the forest [No more new entries]

Started by SilmeriaElemred, October 21, 2014, 11:28:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilmeriaElemred

Early morning. A watery sun lit the sky and droplets of morning dew genly made their way down the willowbranches until they could go no further. When enough droplets joined at the same place they'd fall down into the pond. The birds sang and animals drank from the pool, ate some of the fruits and plants and left.

At the roots of a tree was a lovely naked girl with beautiful long red hair. Some of its locks gently twisted around the willowbranches. Eyes still closed but when they'd open they would be a beautiful shade of forest green. And she did wake. Greeting the morning in her little clearing with a smile and inhaled the scent of the many flowers growing in this place.

Beside the girl was a wooden harp she had fashioned herself from the wood she grew herself. The strings were made out of her own hairs. It would not sound like a normal harp. But its sound was still beautiful as it seemed to soothe the animals even more when she started playing.

The name of this girl? Luvéh. Despite her appearance of a 17 year old she had not been born into this world longer ago then a month. It was then too that strange flowers and fruits had started to grow and the pond gained rejuvinating and healing properties.

Encounters? Only a few crossed this place. But this far she had been to shy to greet anyone. Although her playing the harp had given away her presence and those who found this place called out for the one playing it. Her. But not yet had she been able to show herself.

Scythe-Nova

The Forests round Northoak was familliar grounds for Yuha as she had often played in them as a child, and now that she was grown up she visited the forest for materials and inspiration for her works. And today was one of the days she would walk the forests to look for inspiration, In her wake followed the small forest spirits spreading a sound of wood against wood and the sound of wind chimes from the spirits talking.

-"Hmmmm? There's a pond that way?"

Yuha said and looked back at one of the spirits behind her and it jumped in excitement and pointing its twig limb towards a direction, Yuha looked towards where the spirt pointed and raised an eyebrow.

-"I don't remember there being a pond this way, It's new?"

She looked at the spirit who nodded with it's mossy head before hopping along in the direction of the pond, Yuha shrugged her shoulders and followed the spirit and resuming the whistling she had been doing a while back announcing her presence to anyone within earshot. The tune she was whistling on was a song of calmness and serenity, it was one of the many songs her mother had taught her while she was a child.

DaGlobster

In another, quiet part of the forest, the regular sounds of nature were rhythmically interrupted by mechanical ticking and the sounds of brass soles hitting the ground. Vel slowly walked through the forest, intent on making it through the forest to continue his travels of the world. He was heading south, back from the north, where he had spent a few rather *exciting* weeks in Serendipity's northernmost point. The locals were friendly enough, but Vel had found the local bear population wasn't.

The mechanical mage walked on, wearing a heavy reed robe to keep himself protected from long-term exposure to the elements. He needed not eat or sleep, but he was still susceptible to rust, and his wood could still warp, despite his entire body being magically treated.

He marveled at this particular section of forest. Something was different about it, not like any other forest he had been to. It wasn't just quiet, it was serene. Even Vel, whose being was about the farthest anyone could get from natural, could feel some kind of innate connection with this place. There was a very special kind of magic in the air here, and his entire being vibrated with it.

And there was  a harp, as well. He didn't hear it at first, but he picked it up after he relaxed a little bit, and let himself be taken by the natural beauty of it all. The harp brought the magical breath out of him, and he lifted one of his four hands to his ticking heart. It was, at this point, the most beautiful sound he had ever heard.

He forged onwards, intent on finding the source of this noise.

SilmeriaElemred

Luvéh kept playing. Being so drawn into it she for a moment could not sense those in the forest. But eventually she noticed it from the animals who looked up and scattered. It caused her to stop playing.

She was both exited and a little frightened. But hoped she dared at the least to see whom were coming nearer. She touched her tree and allowed a branch to lower itself. Sitting down on it before going a little upwards. Hiding unless becoming one with the tree had no use with her long hair like red fire around the branches. On the branch she resumed playing the harp. She was curious. Wanting to meet different creatures. Perhaps she could talk with them of they were sentient.

DaGlobster

(IGNORE THIS DERP, MY ACTUAL POST IS COMING AFTER NOVA'S BECAUSE I FORGOT ABOUT TURNS LIKE A DUM-DUM)

Scythe-Nova

It did not take long for Yuha's long legs to carry her to the pond and when she arrived she looked around with a appreciative whistle, And following shortly after Yuha came the many small forest spirits who jumped around in the glade around the pond. Some of the spirits looked into the pond and others chased after some butterflies playfully, Yuha on the other Hand walked around the pond while looking into it with a raised eyebrow.

-"Too much to hope for a Nymph in there huh?"

She said and chuckled to herself from the joke and shook her head and looked to the side, and that's when she suddenly began hearing it the sound of a harp. Yuha could not get her head around how she could have missed this beautiful sound, Her eyes quickly searched for the source of the sound and first she saw the beatiful willow tree and next she laid her verdant green eyes upon the source of the harp song.

-"..."

Yuha was uncharacteristically at a loss for words as she took in the sight of the beautiful maiden seated upon a branch of the tree, It only took a moment for her to break out in a brilliant smile and it was as her presence could be liked to the sun for the positive emotions that beamed from her expression. Still Yuha was calm as she gathered that the person might be shy so she did not move from where she stood but looked directly at the woman in the tree.

-"Beautiful Women growing on trees? How come i don't have one?"

She said with a smile and a laughter as bright as the Sun itself, She tilted her head in a greeting towards the woman in the tree. All the while Some of the Forest spirits gathered around Yuha as if to soak in her radiant personality, Almost as if they were flowers and she were the sun.

-"Greetings fair lady My name is Yuha Ashcroft, Might i ask for your own?"

She said with a tone that were very friendly with a tinge of excitement, For the moment the spirits around her were all quiet as they seemed to not want to dissrupt the moment not out of fear but out of respect to Yuha's tastes and quirks.

((OOc: Oh Glob is not a Dum-dum X3))

DaGlobster

It wasn't long before Vel came across the willow with the small pond in front of it. He (quite loudly) walked through some tall bushes, and was in the process of brushing some errant leaves off of his "face" when he suddenly froze. He no doubt attracted their attention, walking through a bush like that. Being a machine, perfectly freezing in place was something of an triviality to him. There was a tall woman in a fur poncho and with a belt of tools, and another who, had the harp and was...

...oh dear.

Vel was never any good in these situations. It didn't help that the woman with the tools had a set of woodworker's tools, and Vel was made primarily of magically treated wood and brass. He was pretty sure there was no backing out of this now.

He straightened up, clearing his nonexistent throat. "I...I'm not the only one attracted by the harp then, I presume." He said, awkwardly stepping forwards to better facilitate conversation. He tried not to look like he was staring at the lady up in the tree, but it was pretty hard, since the spectral energies in his orb head oriented themselves to point at whatever he was looking at.

SilmeriaElemred

OoC: no worries Glob ;)

BiC
Luvéh's gaze first was on Yuha before moving to Vel. Her harp play had stopped and the treebranch lowered itself till it was low enough for her to step on the soil. Not entirely gracefull. For her first steps she took thistime were comparable to those of a young fawn. Placing her hands at where her heart was. ''Luvéh. Name... is Luvéh.'' she spoke her emerald green gaze moving from Vel to Yuha. Her hands went to her mouth. It was actually the firs time she spoke out loud, to someone. Her voice was soft and timid as if the serene enviroment was out of crystal that would break with the most feint of sound.

She looked from Yuha back to Vel and moved her hands to her ears as if trying to listen carefully and pointed at the bush. ''Pain'' she said. Indicating whatever he was standing on, was feeling it. ''I can hear it scream. It hurts me a little too'' she miniced the pose of Vel after letting a small bush grow. She pointed at Vel and then at herself before repositioning her leg where it did not crush anything and pointed at Vel again with a smile.

''I have not met anyone before.'' she smiled and looked at Yuha reapting the womans name and observed Vel. ''Do you have a name?''

Scythe-Nova

Yuha was not alerted to Vel's arrival untill he spoke to which she looked back expecting to see a human or an elf, She were however suprised to see a construction of some sort maybe a golem though Yuha could not say since she were not really knowledgeable about Golems and the like. However the construction of the creature was very intruging to Yuha, The blend of metal and Wood seemed to have been done with great skill.

-"... First lovely women growing from trees and now sentient constructs made of Metal and Wood, What else will this day suprise me with?"

She said to no one in particular as she shook her head and laughed to herself and returned her gaze towards Luvéh with an admiring gaze, There were no lust in her eyes but the spark of inspiration was beginning to light up in her verdant green eyes. In the meanwhile the Spirits around Yuha had taken Notice of Vel and strayed over to him curiously, They looked at him as they walked around him and one even shuffled foward and poked at Vel's leg.

-"Well now you have met me Luvéh and if you allow it i can be your friend as well"

She said with a wide and bright smile as she looked at Luveh with her sunny expression, She took a bit to look back at Vel and the sprits that now surrounded him making awed sounds and she chuckled slightly from the sight.

DaGlobster

Vel looked curiously to the fae woman, and then back down at his feet. Yeah, he was stepping on grass. He really didn't see the problem. He looked back up to her, and grew curious.

"I can hear it scream. It hurts me a little too"

Vel looked back at the bush that he had walked through, and rubbed the back of his orb. "Sorry...those are kind of everywhere and its hard not to walk through one every now and then. Honest mistake." He said, and made sure to get extra clear of the bush, taking a few more steps away from it and towards them.

"I am Vel, explorer of the world and gatherer of knowledge. At your service, m'ladies." He said and gave a curt bow, before approaching even more, a hand placed where his chin would be, like someone who was thinking.

"This is all very intriguing, but not completely new to me. Our friend here is a dryad, but apart from that, I don't know much, and I don't really remember much information about them..." He trailed off, muttering to himself as he walked past both of them to look at the pond.

"something about sacred trees, and...eating people? no, that's something else..."

wolfie

Looking around it seemed this place was wonderful enough. Fin wasn't sure what to make of it though. She felt for the potion glad she hadn't lost it. She might need it soon enough. She sighed and enjoyed her perch on top of the bird. This one didn't mind if she rode for a bit so long as he could rest from time to time. Birds were simple creatures easy enough to have for a flight.

Hearing the harp play she became intrigued. She carefully had the bird glide to a tree and rest there. She looked down watching what was going on below her. She smiled seeing a rare opportunity here. Not many had the chance like this at least not her size. She had a pebble in her pocket. Getting it she tossed it down into the lake watching the ripples. It would be fun to see how they reacted to that. She didn't believe there were any fish in there, but one never knew.

SilmeriaElemred

Luvéh looked at the pond. Ripples. There was life in the lake she knew. Fish, several other small wildlife, but it was something else. Not immediatly spotting the cause but did feel the presence of the third arrival and waved shyly before looking grateful at Vel. ''The grass heals fast here. But the roots of the bush were crushed. I felt that.'' she explained

She then noticed something. ''May I ask... what is on your bodies?'' she had never seen clothes before and never considered covering herself up either. Not even knowing what they were.

Scythe-Nova

-"Oh these? They're clothes but don't worry your pretty head about it, You look prettier without them"

Yuha said with a laugh as she smiled towards Luvéh before looking towards the pond where she thought she heard something, She saw the small ripples and guessed it fell from the tree and though nothing more of it. Yuha also took little note of the construct as it had moved to the pond seemingly studying it, She kept her attention towards Luvéh studying her features with delight.

-"But if you're curious about Clothes maybe i could help you, I do love me some dressup"

She Joked as she looked over to the construct in time to see a buch of the spirits gather up behind Vel, She knew well what they planned to do and grinned widely before deciding to give Vel a little heads up.

-"I hope you're waterproof Vel"

She said with a snicker as the Spirits gathered up behind Vel and tried to push him into the pond, In an atempt to not laugh out loud Yuha looked back to Luvéh and fixated her gaze upon her eyes.

DaGlobster

"Waterproof? Why would you-AUGH!"

The spirits had cut him off mid-sentence, shoving him off balance. Normally, they wouldn't have been able to accomplish such a feat, but he was already sort of bent over the pond, and that was doubled with the fact he wasn't expecting anything to really happen. After a desperate attempt to regain his balance, he went front first into the pond, reflexively shielding his face from the water as he went plummeting into the pool.

Combined this with the fact that he was heavy as all hell, and you had a recipe for sinking to the bottom like no other. He disappeared under the surface, but quickly resurfaced, head oriented towards Yuha.

"Very funny..." he started, and took off the now soaked robe as it was now only dead weight to him. He also exited the pond via levitation, slowly rising until his whole body was above the surface, after which he came to a soft landing at the rim of the pod again. he dropped the bundled up robe to his side, and he sighed, before suddenly thrusting all four of his hands towards Yuha, and powerful streams of water shot forth from his palms, not nearly strong enough to hurt Yuha, but enough to get her just as soaked as he was.

SilmeriaElemred

Luvéh chuckled and laughed before sincerely apoalising to Vel for doing so and that she shouldn't. She was started by his reaction to Yuha however.

''Does everyone treat one another like this?'' she asked. ''It looks amusing.'' she looked at Vel and Yuha's bodies. She had gotten a little exited by watching them play and the act of Vel with the water made her eyes sparkle. ''If you wish Vel I could have your robe dry fast'' she paused watching the two a bit more.

''I have a trick too'' she said kneeling down and placed her hands on the soil. She closed her eyes and sang a lovely chant melody without words. Only sounds of a,e and i flowing over into one another. After a little while the branches of the trees started to entwine in one another above and around them. Darkening the surroundings until no strain of sunlight entered the clearing. But the darkness was not longlasting; one by one in many bright colors, flowers in and around the lake started to bloom and released small orbs of light that on their turn lit the entire place

Scythe-Nova

-"Ahahaha! that was hila-Pftlp!?"

Yuha were cut off when Vel decided to soak her with water and she sputtered as she fought against the torrent of water going over her, Yuha managed to stand her ground but she were now thoroughly soaked and she looked back at Vel with a somewhat annoyed expression.

-"Hey if you wanted to soak the one responsible then do it to them"

She said and pointed toward the forest spirits that were now rolling around on the ground in what looked like a fit of laughter, However both Yuha and the forest spirits stopped whatever they were doing when the sunlight faded and the balls of light began to fly through the air.

-".. This is beautiful..."

Yuha simply said as she gazed upon the lights flying around, The spirits on the other hand became occupied with chasing the balls of light trying to catch them.

DaGlobster

"That's for not warning me." Vel said as he shook off some water that had remained on his hands. "Besides, who would I be if I took it out on some little fairies?" Vel added,  picking up his robe and flashing it away with a mere thought. He set about shaking some more water out of his system, when the place suddenly dimmed, and the balls of light were released.

He found himself paralyzed with wonder, reaching out to one of the balls and pulling it towards him, with his magic. He held it aloft with levitation magic, the ball floating just a few inches above his open palm. "Remarkable. I've only ever read about fae magic in old tomes, and the tomes don't do it justice." He said as he turned his head towards Luveh.

"Absolutely beautiful."

SilmeriaElemred

Luveh laughed happily, glad that Vel and Yuha liked the view. She was dancing a little amongst the orbs, spinning herself in circles back and forth. The plants which the orbs hit seemed to absorb them and bloomed in many colors. Creating a light sweet, soothing scent. The light did slowly started to dim.

The orb Vel had was no exception.

''My magic heals and acts as light in the most dark of places.'' Luveh said softly as she knelt down beside a plant. ''Vel... Yuha... both are from the world outside the forest. Can you tell me what that world is like?''

Slowly the Fae allowed the branches that formed the darkness to retreat to let in the suns light and warmth.

Scythe-Nova

To Yuha this lightshow was as beautifull anything could ever be, well except maybe the creature that had made it happen. Her gaze rested upon Luveh and calmly walked up to her and took one of her hands into her own, her hands were rough like the wood she worked but they were warm like her smile.

-"Oh but why just tell you, Why not come see for yourself?"

She asked and looked Luveh in the eyes deeply as she smiled brightly, the rays of the sun that came back into the large clearing lit Yuha up and truly made the scene much more romantic than it were. Meanwhile the spirits who had been chasing the balls of light around found that their prey had simply vanished and were now looking for something else to do, Many out of curiosity gathered up around Vel to look at him.

DaGlobster

"Uh, excuse me, but..." Vel interjected, standing slightly in Yuha's light. Yeah, he'd just clanked his way into this romantic little moment they were sharing, but this was absolute nonsense.

"Don't mean to sound like I don't have a heart, " He started, and he stepped in front of Yuha, all four hands clasped together. He wasn't an idiot, he knew what was going on here.

"Listen, I fully acknowledge that you're trying to get with this fae woman, Yuha, but I really don't think that's the best idea."

He turned so that he was perpendicular to the two of them, like a mediator.

"This is her grove after all. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure she can't just up and leave it to go the city. People try to find these places all the time. Besides, I'm positive it won't be safe for her there."