Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Tavern Troubles (Chronicler)

Started by Ethereal-Star, November 02, 2014, 11:13:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethereal-Star

Hazel scurried away from the tavern door quickly and giggled. Once outside, she threw a glamour to camouflage herself so it looked like she were part of the tavern walls itself. She inched her way slowly around the side and away to a nearby home. Inside she could hear the annoyed voice of the nobleman, his nasally voice loud and clear to everyone both inside and out. "Where is that blasted sprite! I tell ya, that winged culprit will meet the steel of my blade! No one messes with Sir Vego Blackston!"

Hazel had to quiet another giggle threatening its way out of her mouth as the snooty nobleman rushed out, his blade drawn in the air trying to look menacing but to Hazel it was just plain amusing to watch. She saw with some disappointment that he had managed to remove the bug from his undergarments. Knowing humans, he had probably smashed it into oblivion at this rate. The fairy frowned briefly, before amusement bubbled up again. The stupid git was waving his blade around trying to look for all the world as tough as he thought he was. This was too easy, Hazel thought wickedly.

From her hiding spot by the wall, Hazel made herself invisible with a slight gesture, so she was completely unseen to the naked eye. Grabbing her pouch of magic dust, she fluttered up to him careful of the sharp blade he wielded, and was still waving it back and forth like a moron. With a small pinch of dust in her fingers she blew it at the pompous nobleman "Sir" Vego Blackston, and watched with utter delight as the man fell down on the cobbled ground, fast asleep, some drool starting to escape from the side of his ridiculously mustached mouth, letting out a soft snore in the process.

With the danger now over, his sword clattered on the ground beside him, she filched it with the intent of breaking into his home and planting the sword someplace inconvenient for him. Perhaps that nicely potted plant in the entryway? Being careful of course, not to harm the plant. She would merely stick the blade into the dirt right beside the purple leaved exotic plant, but not too deep as to harm the roots. She also pocketed some gold coins from him as well to hide them somewhere he wouldn't think to look.

At this point the mischievous fairy became visible once more, and skipped merrily down the street toward the nobleman's home, while singing off-key. He would be out of it for some time. The most that could happen to him would he would be robbed of his remaining possessions. No one would dare to harm him as he was a prominent important citizen of Zantaric, having much influence in the dark village. Hazel was careful to avoid his higher ups when needed. They were all a manipulative bunch in her eyes. But why not have a little fun at their expense while she was at it?

She continued skipping down the street. "La lalalala....." she sang in a horrible, irritating tone of voice audible to anyone passing her by as she headed towards the man's home to "conduct business."   

Chronicler

"You didn't even leave him in his underwear," a voice said. "Don't worry, I've taken care of it."

A dark figure strode up beside Hazel. Though she had the movement and proportions of a human, dressed in the white silks of some sort of priesthood, her aspect was more that of a cat, fine black fur covering her body.

She was holding "Sir Vigo Blackston's" breeches in one hand, dragging them along the ground.

"You really should be more careful, that was very nearly a golden opportunity wasted," Ravyna continued, grinning.

Ethereal-Star

Hazel clapped enthusiastically, while jumping up and down. "Hehe, nobleman lost his pants 'e did, hehe!!" She went on to dance around excitedly, "I see Zantaric, a time to dance, I see cat-lady steal nobleman's underpants!!" she continued giggling in that cute, but rather irritating way. "Who you be anyway?" Hazel asked the feline woman, noting her very large black wings that were attached to her back as the strange woman continued to drag the human's breeches along the ground.

Chronicler

"Most call me Ravyna," the feline said. "And I think we're going to be great friends."

As they walked she began folding the breeches, and continued folding them smaller and smaller until they disappeared from sight.

Ethereal-Star

"Ooh, neat trick that is!" Hazel clapped again. "I do tricks too, such as putting bug down nobleman's pants! But sadly, he was able to dodge that ball I threw his way. But it was oh, so funny while it lasted, hehe!!" Hazel giggled. "Great big beetle, it be yes! With black mandibles too! It probably gave him big pinch! Hehe!"

Hazel looked up at the feline lady. "I'd love to be great friends with cat-lady Ravyna! We be great partners in mischief, yes?" Her wings fluttered in enthusiasm at the thought.

Chronicler

"Mischief indeed," Ravyna said with a mad grin. "Who shall we bother next?"

"Oh!" Her ears perked forward suddenly and she looked over Hazel's head, her tail twitching with excitement as she spotted a rough looking man hauling a cart full of animal furs to be traded at the market.

"You'll love this!" She waved her hand and the furs all began writhing and dropping out the cart, their boneless bodies brought suddenly to life. A fox fur with the head intact lunged over the front of the cart and bit the furrier's hand.

Ethereal-Star

Hazel giggled maniacally, clapping her hands as she did so. "Yes, yes, much fun that is!"

Waving a hand she disguised herself to look like an old lady with grey hair and wrinkles galore, and then casually bumped into the man who was now dealing with the animated furs come to life, too distracted to notice Hazel. He shouted in alarm, moving his hand back from the attacking fox head.

"Watch where you're going, you ugly stupid git!!" Hazel, in the guise of the old lady screamed in his ear, then promptly began hitting him with her flowery purse, causing quite the scene as people around them stopped what they were doing, some of them snickering.

When the man turned around to confront Hazel she took that moment to disappear into thin air, while cackling madly, the sound echoing through the streets.