Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Black Market (Chronicler)

Started by Ethereal-Star, November 03, 2014, 11:24:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethereal-Star

Hazel loved black markets. It provided certain....opportunities for all sorts of mischief to be had. Shady merchants peddling their stolen wares and all sorts of unlawful and rare goods to be had in such a setting. It gave her the chance to play tricks on unsuspecting customers and overall having fun in the process. She so far had never gotten caught, Hazel was very careful about this. The fairy was pretty confident in her abilities to sneak by and escape undetected thanks to magical means at her disposal. A wicked grin formed on her dark-skinned face. She was eager to see what mischief could be had today.

Looking around the town square where the market was being held, she crept forward keeping to the shadows as best she could, looking for someone to target. Finally she spotted someone. Silently and swiftly she snuck up to this person with the intent of swiping their coin pouch off their belt. She would give it back, but not before teasing them with it first. After all, as a fairy Hazel had little use for gold and other such currency. The fey did not really utilize this like the humans of the world do.

Quick and quiet Hazel reached out to the person, intent on snatching the money pouch from them. She held her breath as she did so, trying her best to remain unseen and unheard.

Chronicler

Nicolai wore a vest of black leather, open to expose his bare chest, and a collar at his throat, studded with metal. His blonde hair was swept back into a neat ponytail.

"Ah theft," he said. He turned to face her, more quickly than was altogether natural just as the pouch came loose. "I do enjoy a little sin, but it's so much more fun when there's blood or sex involved."

"It's a pity those aren't coins."

The hard edged objects inside the purse began to move, and the alien face of a beetle popped out of the top to stare at Hazel.

Ethereal-Star

"Eeeeep!" Hazel squealed jumping back from him, in shock that she was caught red-handed. This had never happened before! But then again.... Hazel took a closer look at the man before her, who turned out to actually not be a man at all. Well, fiddlesticks, Hazel thought in annoyance. This was certainly inconvenient, now wasn't it?

When the pouch of coins turned into bugs, Hazel was not freaked out as the being had probably expected her to be. Bugs were part of nature after all, she was not squeamish about them. Although these in particular looked a bit strange...

The fairy looked up at the fallen angel and slowly a smirk came to her pixie-ish features. "Well, now that you've caught me in the act, I'll just be going now...Lots to do, with many people to trick. Yes, yes indeed!" Hazel fluttered her wings, a cascade of green color shimmering over her as she fidgeted somewhat nervously on the spot. "Yes, on my way I am!" she chortled and began to head off away from him.   

Chronicler

"What's your hurry?" Hazel turned around, and Nicolai was there behind her. "You've caught my interest, it's rude to snatch and run, Hazel."

((Sorry for the short posts. Gonna be a busy day and it's very early.))

Ethereal-Star

((No problem.))

"Snatch and run, who me?" Hazel asked oh so sweetly, her eyes the perfect picture of fey innocence. "Whatever would make you say such a silly thing, I wonder yes I do!"

Hazel then looked more curiously at Nicolai. "How you know my name?" Perhaps the fairy decided she didn't particularly care about that, for next she pointed over his shoulder and exclaimed, "Oh lookie, that be a funny sight!" with the intention of dashing off quickly as soon as he would turn his head. Or so she wanted that to happen anyway. Hazel snickered a little at the thought. Tricks of any kind never got old, no matter what form or container they came in.

Chronicler

Nicolai smirked. "I'd expect a faerie to figure out who I am more quickly than that," he said, ignoring her ploy. "You can't lie to me Hazel, I know you better than you know yourself. Just a moment." He raised one finger and turned away.

Clapping his hand on the shoulder of a man who passed him in the crowd, he leaned in to whisper in the fellow's ear. "If you hurry home now you'll catch them together. Everything you suspected is true. You don't have time to ask questions, I'm a friend. Just go."

His victim paused in shock for a moment, before giving a curt nod and rushing off.

Ethereal-Star

Hazel clapped gleefully at this after the man had rushed past. "Too fun!" she exclaimed.

The fairy looked at Nicolai with a curious, pondering look before exclaiming, "Oh, I know who you be, alright! You once be angel! Known as Serpent, Silver Tongue, and other names too! I hear many tales of you and others like you!"

Hazel paused, thought a moment and then grinned a charming fey grin. "You here to cause mayhem and mischief too? I be real good at that, yes I be! We work together, no?"

Chronicler

"It would be a pleasure," he said with a bow, smirking at the pixie. "What did you have in mind my lady?" He was nothing if not charming, to be certain.

Ethereal-Star

Hazel put a slim dark-colored finger to her chin in thought before her eyes lit up and she grinned at the fallen angel. "How 'bout we--I know, I know!! How 'bout we turn all weapons for sale into flower bouquets? Me rather like flower bouquets, yes yes!! They be pretty and smell nice too!! Much better than the people here, me says."

The fairy nodded her head enthusiastically. "Yes, I like idea much I do! Let's do that!"