Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Somewhen Outside The Crypt Door... (Lloyd Orodelo)

Started by Klezmer Gryphon, November 11, 2014, 05:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klezmer Gryphon

The small complex of ruins sat high in the crux of two snow capped mountains, weathered by centuries of neglect, isolated from the eyes of society. To the passerby, the old stone monoliths weren't much to look at; most of the stones were either toppled, or laid half buried in snow, and the ones that still stood tall were defaced and scribbled on over the years by many a foolish traveler. To most, this old ring of stone was just a thing left by some ancient culture not relevant to this day and age, to be lost and forgotten buried in snow for millennia and millennia. Jy'aad Elveti, however, was not like most people.

Perched on one of the fallen stones, the black furred fox scanned what he could of the ruins again and again; the few monoliths that remained standing... Seemed to form a ring. But what are they built around? And why was it built here? His tail flickered back and forth at the thought. It had been since he arrived that morning, when he first laid eyes on the place. As much as he wanted to think about the meaning of the ring of stones, another thought creeped into his mind... One that brought his teeth to bear and his violet eyes to a scowl.... Someone's behind me...

Lloyd Orodelo

Her flight has been short and quick. Her temple was nearer then she thought from the mountain range. Even though, she was a bit exhausted. The winds and the heights were always harsh with her ability to fly. Auna had landed on the other side of the building. She worked her way around the complex after examining the sides thoroughly.

As she came around the corner, she saw a silhouette. She hoped that she went unnoticed until one of the stranger's ear twitched.

...Damn it, I'm spotted...

"Who are you and what are you doing here?..." She asked, a bit stressed.

Auna was frightened, but the scent and the fur were remind her of something. It was like she already knew him (or her, she couldn't tell from the back). Something that was sending her back to her childhood.

"Do I-... Do I know you?" Yes, definitively a man, judging by the size of the person in front of her. She could recall perfectly the difference brought by sexual dimorphism of the Sionhai. But that fur, the color, it was odd.

Klezmer Gryphon

Jy'aad's hand reached for the sturdy hammer on his back just as soon as he heard the figure behind him speak. Definitely a lady... he thought, releasing his grip on the weapon as the voice rang through his head. ...and certainly someone I should remember... Something seemed very familiar about the person behind him, and as a slight breeze brought her scent to his nose, he was almost certain about who it was standing behind him in the snow.

"Auna Yukimura! What brings you to this frozen shithole up here?" he exclaimed, a rare laugh bursting from his mouth as he turned around to face his childhood friend.