Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lily in the Snow [M]

Started by visualspice, December 02, 2014, 08:10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

It would be an eternity before the duke would return to his camp- and in the meantime, the screams and smells of battle filled the air, and by the end of it, though much blood was spilled and lives lost, it was almost all completely covered in the heavily falling snow.

Most of what happened next he was blind to remember- since what he came here for was no where to be seen. But as camp after mage camp were uprooted, he felt his mental state breaking away. So when the last crevice of the camps were searched, only then did Blaith believe Lillian's words. Though he was a fool to ignore them- he could not stop the drive, the hunger to find her.

The victory, to him, was empty, even as it would leave a massive and famous mark on the war. But the footprints he'd leave behind him were gone in seconds, as the snow crept higher and higher around.

The Turgall flag was raised, the Fort- claimed and gutted. And though he finally gave the command for his men to rest, when he returned to his camp, he looked as if he had just suffered the greatest loss and defeat.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zero

The battle that raged so short a distance from Lillian only served to stoke the flames of her anger higher and hotter. So many had already died today, so many more would die before it ended. Men she knew and had served beside. Lillian had thought about asking what had become of General Serenus, but she kept her lips firmly sealed, refusing to ask. She knew the answer, of course, he was dead. Blaith would have never made it up the tower so long as the general had lived. His death rang hollowly inside her. He was a well-known, well-respect general, or had been, but she had not known him well. Soldiers died in droves.

By the time the Turgall flag was raised above the fort, the young noblewoman was stoically fighting her exhaustion and cold, which had been steadily creeping back into her limbs. She was a Coleridge, however, and her pride had her sitting stiff-backed on her stool, silent and nursing her fury.

Blaith returned to camp eventually, and as he drew close enough for her to see, jade eyes flared. For the first time since the tower she spoke to Blaith. Words cold and angry, lashing out at him in his obvious disappointment. "A hollow victory, your grace? You look so very unhappy for a man that just slaughtered thousands needlessly looking for a woman who is not here. If only someone had mentioned that to you earlier..."

visualspice

It was then his eyes snapped to her, dangerous- like the poised stare of a snake. And if he growled, it was inaudible, but his lips did draw back to expose his teeth.

"Let them fall. Let them all fucking fall. I'd do the same for you if you were my sister." And he said no more, and stormed cleaned past.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zero

Perhaps fear would have been a good thing to have a dose of in this situation. Lillian however, was fearless, even in the face of Blaith Harmond's fury and those dangerous hints to him were either unnoticed or intentionally ignored by the young woman.

Although Lillian did allow Blaith to be out of earshot before quietly saying, "If you were my brother you would not have failed."

To which her guards shifted uneasily and gave her strange looks. Blaith had just left her there under guard, again. Lillian wasn't sure if she should be more angry at being labeled a prisoner or at being ignored after being slapped with such a label.

Asking for the stool had been as much of her pride as she was willing to sacrifice, however, so she once again fell silent and did not ask for further comforts. She didn't demand a fire, or to be taken out of the snow and wind. Indeed, she'd have rather bit her tongue than admit that she was uncomfortable. Even when her fingers and toes grew numb again and her eyes felt heavy she sat rigid and silent, awaiting Blaith fucking Harmond to decide just what to do with her.

visualspice

He already knew what to do with her. There was no question about it- the daughter of a duke, prisoner or not, was to stay with him. Once his place in the former General's room was established, and a fire roaring, he commanded his men to lead her there- and when she entered, all he did, was stare at her- a brooding figure against the dance of the fire.

Zero

Lillian managed to find the strength and will to stand when it came time for them to move her. She made the familiar trek to the General's room, it made sense for Blaith to take it for his own while he stayed, though she doubted this massive army would stay for very long. Probably only long enough for the soldiers to recover enough from the battle to march again.

When she entered, for all her manner, she might as well have been stepping into a throne room. Her throne room, because the glare that she fixed Blaith was certainly not that of someone that offered any deference to the man that stared at her so broodingly. Lillian lifted her chin haughtily before bowing stifflly.

"Your grace." The words were spat out in an angry growl before she straightened and cut her green eyes to her guards distastefully. "Did you bring me here to gloat your victory to my face?"

visualspice

For a long time, his eyes bore into her.
"Do I look like the sort of man who is ready to gloat?" he growled lowly, his voice cutting through the stone room in a raspy echo. To his soldiers, he commanded, "Leave us!" And once the door was closed, he finally rose from his chair and gestured to the other seat at the table.

"Sit."
It wasn't a request, but a command.

Zero

The urge to resist was strong, but resistance would also serve littler purpose other than to show immaturity. Instead Lillian kept the haughty air about her as she took the seat as if sitting down had been her idea.

Honestly she was more than a little relieved to sit. Lillian was sore, cold, stiff, and exhausted. Only stubborn pride kept her awake and moving at this point. She tried to come up with further snide commentary, but kept her teeth firmly clenched together, unable or unwilling to provoke him further in that moment.

visualspice

"I see your eyes, Lillian, and I see the way they flame. Do not bore them into me. This is a war. And it seems we've ended up on opposing sides."

Zero

"Then you are my enemy and we have nothing to discuss, your grace." Lillian said the words quietly, but the cold, hard edge did not leave her voice. She didn't say anything else, she really wasn't sure what there was to say. He'd attacked the fort, killed her commanding officer, and taken her prisoner. To say she was hating him in that moment was not incorrect.

It was more than that, though. If she had barely known him at all...She did barely know him at all! They flirted and shared dinner once. He played a guessing game with her as they walked along a beautiful trail. They raced horses. They laughed. He saw her in her undergarments, twice now, she supposed.

Hearing him call her his prisoner had hurt her more than she cared to admit. It was war, yes, but he had been so cold towards her. Whatever affection he had decided to give her that day was gone now, or so it would seem. Her green eyes closed and she focused all her energy on sitting up straight and not slumping in her seat.

visualspice

He growled out an irritated sigh.
"We are.... and you could have died back there. This... this is the only option for your safety, Lily. Don't think I wanted this, because I did not!"

Zero

"Could have died? Your grace, by all accounts I should have died in the tower. I failed my duty to keep Kella safe and imprisoned. My life was forfeit, and the impostor did not take it. The cold should have killed me, but you arrived in such a timely manner. Ansgar, it would seem, doesn't plan for me to die today. I don't know if I should thank him or curse him. I was disgraced, and now I am a prisoner, offering me nothing but further dishonor."

Lillian's voice faded into something rather dispassionate. Hollow. Even if she were able to see her father and brothers again she wasn't sure she could even stand to look them in the eye she had disgraced herself so badly by allowing Kella to escape.

Her eyes stayed closed, they would require too much effort to open at this point. "Don't pretend to care for my safety, your grace. If I were you I'd be more concerned about my own safety, because when my father hears of this you will wish it was only Ansgar's wrath you faced."

visualspice

He should have been annoyed, angry...
but at her last statement, a sudden, gruff chuckle escaped his lips.
And he laughed. Yes, it was at her statement that he laughed.

"If I survive this war, your father can have at me. But for now..." And he looked her over and slowly frowned.
"For now... get some rest"
And he paused, just briefly before adding,
"Do I have to command you? There, in the corner. Take the bed. I'll stick to the hay on the floor."

Zero

The sound of his laughter was enough to get Lillian to drag her eyes open, glowering at her as best she could while wishing that she hadn't opened her eyes to being with. The room was tilting and spinning, festering a nauseous feeling in her stomach.

"What's this? The prisoner sleeps on a bed while the great conqueror takes the floor? I think not, your grace. Take your bed, I don't want it." She spat the last sentence venomously. Like hell she was sleeping in the General's bed while his corpse was either buried in snow or burned.

visualspice

"Oh?" he raised his head, and it seemed as if he were almost jovial, but that tone was hollow.
"Then you'd rather sleep in the dirt? How modest."

Zero

"Consider it my disinclination to accept your charity." Lillian responded coolly, as she stood, managing to only falter and stumble a little in the process. Her green eyes were a touch feverish as she very slowly and carefully walked over to a corner of the room away from the bed and sat with her back to the wall.

She'd have liked to stay awake and glare at him for the rest of the night, but within minutes she was slumped in her corner, chin resting on her chest as it rose and fell in slow, even breaths.

visualspice

The rest would be brief, and he knew he wouldn't be able to sleep. Though he was surprised to find Lilian breathing quietly on the ground not too long after the pair had settled into quiet. For a good long while he stared at her, before rising from the ground and scooping her up and placing her into the bed.

The rest was brief, three hours to recharge, then it was time to move on. They had to get back to Turgall to regroup before word got out to all of Connlaoth. And it would be there he'd await his fate-
though in the mean time...
He could only hope his 'prisoner' could help him find his sister- lest the madness to have her consume him.

It was another soldier who awoke her, Blaith, now standing at the door discussing details, didn't even give a glance in her direction. The soldier offered her a bowl of water and some bread.

"Eat. We march in less than an hour."

Zero

Lillian hadn't wanted to sleep. She simply hadn't been able to stay awake any longer. Being moved from the floor to the bed didn't cause her to so much as stir. During her short sleep her skin had gone from chilled to hot, and when the soldier woke her she let out hoarse groan.

It took effort to wake up, confusion and fever clouded her eyes before she realized someone was offering her food and water. Lillian barely noticed the bread, but she took the water and gulped it greedily, letting the cold liquid soothe and burn her raw throat at the same time.

With a series of coughs she pushed the empty bowl away and ignored the bread entirely as she managed to stand, only to sway for a few moments before standing up straight and glaring at those around her indignantly. She swallowed painfully again, wishing there was more water, but refusing to ask for it.

Blaith was ignoring her again. Good. She thought sourly as she proceeded to look everywhere but at him.

visualspice

Once the orders were given, Blaith nodded and the men were off, swiftly delivering the message to the entire army that had temporarily made homage to the keep. And he still didn't address Lily, instead, he moved to the General' s desk, idly flipping through his things.

Zero

What she wouldn't give to have her armor back. Lillian was still angry that it had been stolen. It was just rubbing salt in the wound of her prisoner escaping. Also, not that she would admit it, but she felt vulnerable without it. She was surrounded by a hostile army, after all, and no matter what he said, Lillian wasn't sure she could tell just what Blaith was really thinking or planning.

She was his prisoner, but to what end? Did he think he could hold her hostage? The White Lily scowled at the very idea of being used as some bargaining chip. "If we're leaving soon you had better make sure my horse is ready. The palomino war stallion that was in the stables, Blaith." She said, pointedly as she turned her green eyes on him coolly. It was obvious that her horse was not a request, but a demand.