Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lily in the Snow [M]

Started by visualspice, December 02, 2014, 08:10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Blaith's brow continued to furrow, and as he noticed the confused look on her face, his own sobered as he sighed with some relief. He must've imagined her touching him. That, or she was wearing gloves. Though when his eyes went to her hands, he saw she wasn't wearing any.

For a moment, he said nothing, eyes lingering on her hands before sighing again, ignoring whatever it was he thought had occurred and moved to rise.

"I'm surprised you didn't pull that letter opening on me, threaten or beg for freedom."
Standing now, he moved to crack his back, then his neck as he went on to roll his shoulders. Turning to her again, he studied her with a frown.

"Why didn't you try anything, by the way? You had the perfect opportunity to kill the Grand Duke's only adversary."
Well, a royal one, anyhow...
He had a feeling he'd be losing his head at some point. But hey... what else could he do? He refused to stand idle while chaos consumed the land and Kella....

What was to become of his sister?
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zero

"Would it have done any good?" Lillian asked with an arched brow. Although it was a rhetorical question. "Of course not, therefore, it would have been a pointless action. Though, truly, surprised that I did not stoop so low as to pull a weapon - even a poor one - on a sleeping man?"

Her posture stiffened slightly as she turned away from him. "I hadn't realized you thought so little of my character, Duke Harmond."

She walked back over to the lounge and sat down tiredly, fatigue still tugging at her even after her long nap. "Besides, this is partially my fault, is it not? It was Kella you were anguishing over those days ago when we - we...spoke. Did I not say someone needed to do something? I admit this wasn't what I had in mind...but there you have it. I won't pretend I am happy to anyone's prisoner, but this is war now, is it not?"

visualspice

Blaith stared over at her in silence. In another time he'd never dream Lily Coleridge was ever capable of such a thing. But as she pointed out, this was war. And times were getting harsher, and desperations rising. Perhaps part of him wished she had tried something, for he knew he deserved it. In another time... He'd never take her as a hostage. But that was the only solution for one of her standing that would not degrade her or leave her dead.

Then thinking on the last part, where she blamed herself, he simply digested all her words before realizing what she meant.
"Yes... In the church. For so long I thought Kella was dead. And now, to have come so far in searching without her.... It makes me a fool."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zero

"An idealist fool." Lillian agreed with his personal assessment. Blaith had declared war on the Grand Duke with, from what she could reason, no chance of victory. That certainly qualified as foolish action. Though his cause had some merit. Not enough, but some.

"For what it is worth, I am sorry you were pushed to this. I cannot agree with what you've done, but I  can understand it. I...hope you realize that. The Grand Duke is destroying Connlaoth, but this was foolish beyond measure."

Her jade eyes rose to look up at him, solemn, tired, and sad. "You know you can't possibly win this way."

It wasn't a question.

visualspice

"I'm not aiming to win. I wanted to rescue Kella."

Zero

"To what purpose? So that you could die together? Calent will kill Kella now. Right along with you, and your men. Kella's only chance is to either remain undetected or for you to win." Lillian sighed and ran her fingers through her hair.

"What you wanted to do doesn't matter any more, only what you've done. You've set into motion something that can't be stopped now. You've openly defied Calent, destroyed three of his mage camps, recruited mages into your army...The only real question now is who will stand against you and who will stand beside you. There must be some duchies that would be sympathetic to a military campaign against Calent."

visualspice

Blaith grew quiet as he mulled over his options.
"Whether I or Calent shall fall won't matter. This land is scarred by too much war. The duchies have always been at war with one another. Now that we're unified... That war had only gotten worse."

Zero

"Unified? Don't make me laugh. Calent has unified nothing. Indeed, I can only see him driving wedges between himself and his allies with his zealotry. Almost anyone would be more fit to lead us as a whole than him. Ansgar, I could lead this country better than him, and I'm a woman!"

visualspice

At that, Blaith smirked at her.
"And it seems a woman has her head on her shoulders better than any man.But this is war... Wedges were placed long before it was declared. Connlaoth law was always a joke. Out law magic? Might as well out law the sick. "

Zero

"Most women do." Lillian said testily, shooting Blaith a slightly dirty look. After all, someone had to keep sense when the men got particularly stupid. Which could be quite often with some of them.

Groaning softly she dropped her head into her hands. "I agree that the laws have always been poorly executed, but magic is dangerous. It shouldn't be used on a whim by just anyone for any reason that pleases them. The problem has always been that mages are criminalized indiscriminately. You punish crimes, not potential for crimes. Magic is a weapon, you don't jail a man just for having a dagger, you do so when he uses it to cause harm."

Dropping her hands, she looked up at Blaith contemplatively. "You need to gather allies. I -" She paused and licked her lips nervously before continuing, "-I think you should talk to my father. He needs to know what has happened here before he gets news in some other manner. Let me write to him so he knows that I am alive, well, and being taken care of by you so that he doesn't worry that I've perished in the battle. I can arrange quiet, private talks with him on your behalf. My father has no love for Calent, and you know Orchy's military reputation, we've some of the finest soldiers in Connlaoth. Don't wait until father assumes you to be his enemy."

visualspice

Blaith stared at Lily for the longest time. His eyes digested her, and her words before carefully asking, "You do realize what you offer? It would.. definitely put your father in a predicament, supporting me or not. And to so... willfully offer your support..."
But then he couldn't help but smirk at her.
"Did you forget, because I took off your shackles, you are my prisoner?"

Zero

"Father would have moved against Calent eventually one way or another, if you both intend to challenge the Grand Duke doing so together and in force ensures a higher chance of success for both of you." Lillian pointed out what she thought was obvious, of course Blaith couldn't possibly have known that her father was plotting against Calent because of Micah's public support for the Grand Duke.

Jade eyes flashed angrily, chin lifting defiantly as he prodded her with the reminder that she was a captive in this situation. "The degree of my imprisonment suggests that my status as a prisoner is a formality at the roots. Would I better serve you by weeping? I am a Coleridge, I have taken my situation and will make the most of it, my father would expect no less of me."

visualspice

"Weeping, no, but I never considered you'd come to my aid."
And for that, his smirk grew.
"Was it the dancing? I never thought I was much good at it, though I do enjoy it from time to time."

Zero

"It is not the first time I have." Lillian pointed out, though she scowled and looked at the fire instead of at Blaith. His smirk was insufferable. And sexy, but she wasn't going to admit that one.

"Was the dancing what, Blaith? It was enjoyable and adequate, much like the meal, the dress, the gallop through the city streets...I could go on, but need I? None of it is relevant to the current situation. You need help. I can provide help. Is there a reason I shouldn't? Just because you thoroughly humiliated and infuriated me doesn't mean I can't agree with your underlying purpose - and it certainly doesn't mean I want you to die. Which you will without that help."

visualspice

Blaith kept his smirk, those blue eyes of his dancing lightly. He might have chuckled and if he did, it was soft as he looked away.

"But wouldn't helping me go against your orders of the church.. your vows to the Grand Duke? Your help could put you in more danger than you think, Lily. And who says because I'll gain more ally's I'll come out of this alive?"

He knew the consequences well going in. And all that mattered was Kella.

Zero

"Who says I haven't considered the danger to myself?" Lillian asked quietly, casting a glance in his direction. Why did men always think they had to protect and baby women as if they might break if they worried their pretty little heads for more than a few moment's time?

"I am putting myself in no more danger than you've already put me in, or that you've put yourself in for that matter. This is war, helping you or not who is to say that I would come out alive? Having allies certainly won't hurt your chances of survival, and it does improve your odds of accomplishing your goals."

He was right about her going against her orders, and her vows as one of the Grand Duke's personal knights. "As for my vows...well adhara aren't given much choice about those, are they? If my father comes out of this on the winning side, then any transgressions will certainly be forgiven - so I suppose it is in my best interest to be sure you win."

visualspice

Blaith looked her over, thought it over before giving her a nod.
"Then let's fetch you some paper and a pen."
And he moved to stand but stumbled a little, forget he had a minor leg wound as he grunted. He tried to brush it off, not wanting to look any weaker than he already was as he moved towards where a line of ink wells and quills lined the wall. Bringing them over, he rifled around for some parchment and set them all before her on the desk.

"For when you feel like writing," he told her with a smirk.
"I.. on the other hand, will relinquish my desk and try to find more adequate sleeping arrangements for myself,.. lest you lose anymore sleep over my own well being."

Zero

"You're hurt." Lillian observed idly as she watched him stumble in his quest for stationary for her letter, which she was already composing in her head. It would have to be written very...delicately. Micah Coleridge was not going to be pleased about Blaith taking her prisoner no matter how she said it, but it didn't have to be a complete disaster either.

Standing she moved to the desk, looking down at the assembled items with a frown before looking back up at him. "Whatever your sleeping arrangements, I suspect they include having me close at hand. The lounge is rather agreeable, but you should have your leg tended to before you go back to sleep."

There was still dried blood in her blonde hair. They both could probably do with a hot bath, but that was probably a bit more luxury than could be afforded.

visualspice

Blaith took a seat upon a more relaxing looking chair as he sighed.
"Yeah, it wouldn't be wise to let you out of my sight." He offered her a smirk before looking down at his leg with a frown.
"It'll heal. It's just a scratch." And he peered over at her.
"What about you? Got any injuries we ought to look at?"

Zero

One of these times Lillian was going to end up slapping that smirk right off his face. She folded her arms across her chest, just beneath her breasts, which only served to make them appear more pronounced(the effect slightly diminished by her common attire) and arched one delicate brow at him in a pose she had seen her sister pull off a dozen times or more. Especially when she was talking down at one of their brothers. "Scratch or not, you should still have it cleaned, and I'm fine. Just the one little gash where that cad hit me."