Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Kirin Quest! [open!]

Started by Rhindeer, December 06, 2014, 01:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ahnnie

Kaye was amazed to hear of the rewards this quest could offer. An instant rise to the Temple caste, along with gold? Perhaps there was more to be gained in this quest than he had originally imagined! After rising as Yiroa had commanded, he gave his name. "Kaye Kaohi, my lady," he said as respectfully as he could. He was surprised to hear the names of the others--Swarm and Gut-stomp, apparently. But he could bear working with them. He wondered about the female warrior, though? That is, if she was also on the quest.

R.R. Pebble

Shayal's eyes lit up. That was more honor than she could have hoped for.

She rose to her feet, but kept her head bowed. "I am called Shayal, my lady. It is a most generous reward." She hoped they wouldn't ask her family name.

((OOC: I have no idea what Shayal's family name is, only that she's too embarrassed by the shame she perceives herself as having brought down on it to use it. I'm pretty sure she comes from the Skilled Trade Caste))

Rhindeer

"Twenty acres...very well. If you're successful, it's yours. Just to be clear, however, as it will on Thanati soil, it will still be under Thanati governance and law. I hope that is agreeable," Yiroa said, and looked to the others as they introduced themselves, committing their names to memory. A servant girl kneeling beside her, however, was also taking furious notes in charcoal so there would be no forgetting, even if it did manage to slip her rather sharp mind.

Her eyes paused on Shayal, having taken note of her omission. But she didn't press the matter. The point of this quest was that titles and status did not matter. Anyone had the chance to rise above their status if they worked hard enough, and this was their opportunity to prove that.

She nodded to Kuan then, who had been silent up to that point. Yiroa already knew her, but the others did not.

"Kuan Ito," Kuan introduced with a polite bow. "It will be a pleasure to work with you all."

With the introductions covered, Yiroa leaned back in her seat, relaxed and at ease. "If there are no more questions or concerns, we'll get started."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Wicked Basket

"Finally," Gutztomp said. "Let's get goin' already."

R.R. Pebble

Shayal felt the eyes of the Maharani on her. She looked steadfastly at the floor and willed herself not to flee. This was her chance, and she would not dishonor her family again.

DaGlobster

Nodding, Swarm spoke. "That is agreeable, my lady. We Thank you."

Swarm took a polite step back, and dropped their hands to their side, waiting to leave.

Ahnnie

Kaye was surprised when he heard Shayal say her name. He hadn't exactly noticed her entrance. He smiled in a friendly manner at her and listened as Swarm requested twenty acres of land as far from the city as possible. A strange request, but they probably had their reasons. He was also able to know that the female warrior's name was Kuan Ito, and that she would most definitely be going along with them.

"I have no further questions as well, my lady," Kaye said shortly after Swarm.

Rhindeer

Yiroa paused a beat longer, waiting patiently, but this group seemed raring to go. Very well, then! She motioned to a servant boy standing nearby who produced a small scroll set in a protective case. He approached the group with a deep bow, holding the scroll out to the group.

"That scroll is a map of Kunata," Yiroa explained. "I have reason to believe there are kirin residing deep in the heart of the Shaota jungle, which is marked on the map. That is where the last one was found, and the legends all mention that place, though few have gone so deep into that place and returned. Those that did, however, returned bearing wondrous things."

She looked the group over, giving them a look that both weighed and measured them. "It seems few of you have come...prepared for a long trek. But that is why you're here. I can provide you provisions. Just tell me what you need."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

Taking the initiative, Swarm stepped up to take the scroll, studying it for a couple seconds before passing it on to the next member of the group. They thought for a few moments, before clesring their throat. It was an odd sound, since Swarm had no throat to clear. Instead, it was a mere mimicry of that sound.

"We," Swarm started, motioning to themselves to clarifiy that it meant only itself and not the group as a whole. "Require no provisions. We can forage for ourselves."

Wicked Basket

"I got what I need," Gutztomp said hefting the large pack on his back.

Orks might not be the smartest creatures, but he did understand the basic principle of preparedness. He didn't have much in his pack. It was mainly meat, some flint to start fires, and a whetstone to sharpen his weapons. Basic comfort items, such as a blanket, were of no importance to him. Comfort was a foreign concept to orks, so he could do very well without it.

Ahnnie

The Maharani made a good point about the provisions. After scanning the map of Kunata briefly, Kaye said in response to her offer, "It would be an honor to receive provisions from you, my lady. I just require several more rations than I have in my pack-"which he hoisted up higher on his shoulder as he said so"-a small knife such as is used for cutting rope or preparing small kill, and perhaps a dagger or some such weapon to protect myself." For it was known in Thanatos that unless one were of the Temple caste, one could not carry a weapon.  And Kaye was not part of the Temple caste...yet.

Rhindeer

Yiroa raised her eyebrows. This was, by far, the least needy group of people she'd ever had to deal with. Most people, given the opportunity to request things from the Maharani, would ask for far more than those humble provisions!

She snapped her fingers, and the servant boy scuttled off to procure said items. Though Yiroa had to raise a slender eyebrow at the mention of preparing small kill.

"For gutting fish, you mean?" she asked, as the boy returned with a sack in one hand and an ornate, sheathed dagger in the other, which he offered to Kaye while bowed low.

DaGlobster

Swarm found some amusement in the human hive queen's surprise. Only one of them needed supplies, and they were relatively humble at that.

Standing silently, he waited for the group to depart.

Wicked Basket

Gutztomp was growing increasingly impatient, and it showed. He was rocking back and forth with his arms crossed and looked about ready to throw everyone outside so that they could leave already. All of this talking was just sooooooo boring . That forest better be as dangerous as he was told.

Ahnnie

Kaye accepted the dagger and sack graciously. In response to the Maharani's question, he said "Yes, that would be exact, my lady," sending occasional sidelong glances Gut Stomp's way when he noticed the big orc fidgeting impatiently.

Rhindeer

With the dagger and supplies handed over, and everyone else looking rather impatient to get moving, Yiroa saw no reason to keep them waiting any longer.

"I see you're anxious to begin, so I won't keep you any longer," she said and lifted a hand, signaling that they may leave.

"Inima be with you."

"And with you, Your Highness," Kuan said, bowing deeply. Rising, she looked toward the others before she turned to leave, leading the way out of the temple and into the bright, balmy day.

Wicked Basket

Gutztomp  wasted no time turning and leaving as soon as he was aloud to. It was about time they got moving. They better get to that dangerous forest soon. Gutztomp was really itching to hit something.

DaGlobster

Swarm followed Kuan out, walking somewhat close to her, actually. She was the one who was leading, after all, and Swarm had no interest in socializing with anyone here at all.

R.R. Pebble

After getting supplies, Shayal followed the group out modestly at the rear.

Rhindeer

Kuan didn't show it on her face, but as she walked out into the bright sun with the others all around her...

She felt well and truly doomed.

What a mismatched group! How in Inima's name did this happen to her?! The green one alone was going to get them all killed doing something foolish and disrespectful!

But she said nothing to that effect. Instead, she raised her voice to be heard and said, "We'll walk until nightfall, and then we'll set up camp. I'm familiar with the first leg of the journey, but past the river, the jungle is all new to me."

Tags: